188 replies to this topic

#161 Psychorat

• Pip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 18 posts

Posted 15 June 2016 - 07:27 PM

View PostArmando, on 05 June 2016 - 09:08 AM, said:

NO ONE should EVER 'drop solo' in a 'team game mode'. It is setting the solo player up for inevitable FAILURE, and setting teams up for lame, lopsided, boring gaming experience....the epitome of a lose / lose situation for EVERYONE.

Well, you never drop solo(even if as it is right now we never drop at all)...you always drop with 11 others and have access to voicecom directly in game. There is also a great tool that is called LFG, that could be used...

But that aside, there could be a faction play button with choice of: offence,defense or recon.... with a matchmaker similar to the one in quickplay...when the game start you get the briefing for the planet situation and objective (instead of 0.5 sec lasting useless tips) and lets go... one click you have a match...no 45 minutes waiting for a ghost drop...

example of briefing showing besides the planet: You have been called to provide backup to the Steiner front against the invading jade falcon, XYZ planet is still 80% under our control. The Free World is glad to be Part of the resistance against the clan invasion! ALL Hail the innersphere...

Also, limiting FP drop deck to "mastered chassis only" and "no trial mech" would prevent useless junk leveller ;P

Edited by Psychorat, 15 June 2016 - 07:31 PM.

#162 Livewyr

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 6,733 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 15 June 2016 - 07:31 PM

Or... they could leave the stupid queue to quickplay and have players choose where they want to go. Players have a remarkable skill to play matches they want to, when they have a choice.

#163 Alienized

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 3,781 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 16 June 2016 - 07:23 AM

View PostSader325, on 15 June 2016 - 01:28 PM, said:

Once again you're asking players not to win.

If a game mode can only survive as long as a group is willing not to win, that is a poorly designed game mode.

Why would you think this is even a legitimate line of reasoning?

you still dont get a single thing. i tell you something that happened in a match yesterday.

i was dropping solo in FW with pugs against some 420 dudes.
they could have curbstomped us for sure but they didnt. they won but let us all have fun with it.
even the not as good players had alot of fun in the end and it was a very good fight on both sides.

this is highly admirable and brings nothing but fun to ALL players, keeps them in FW.
sorry that you just cant seem to be that way.

i dont want to put you down at all mate but i want that you see the FW map and its possibilities from another point of view.
yes FW was introduced as *endgame* but we all know that only a few percent that are at that level wont make FW a success. only the casuals can do that with the help of the comps.

imagine what -MS- could have done if they started wars all across the map instead of doing one huge unit, making the pugs follow you and just get a all vs all on that map.
you could still all sit in one TS and have a go.
it might have been totally different but i know just too many that got sick of how -MS- played the map and stopped played because of that alone. you could still all sit in one TS and have a go.

it might be a dream that this community someday will work together instead of having this unit/comp vs solo/casual droppers contest we ever had but hey, sometimes dreams come true.

i dont have fun to get stomped, you dont have it too so dont do it just because you can. its all i say.
yes ofc it happens sometimes and even is inevitable but its on US to tell those that got stomped why it happened.

#164 Lily from animove

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 13,891 posts
  • LocationOn a dropship to Terra

Posted 16 June 2016 - 07:45 AM

View PostArmando, on 15 June 2016 - 03:06 PM, said:

You act like -MS- is the largest unit in the game, they are NOT. Winning or Losing in FW (or any mode for that matter) has NOTHING to do with the 'number' of players (every game is either 12vs12 or 4vs4), Winning or Losing in FW is determined by the team that is better at focus fire....that is IT.

Focus Fire is the ONLY thing that matters (some will say: mech load outs, but mech load outs don't mean sh!at if 12 people in meta mechs are shooting at 12 different targets while the other team has 12 mechs shooting at ONE target). So please, stop with the 'they win because there is more of them' bull sh!@t. [-MS-] wins because the play the game AS A TEAM, 'numbers' has NOTHING to do with it.

numbrs matter too, if you don't have enough to conquer a planet its worthless a single coordinated 12 man can't outweight the derp of the random pug horde. Ther eis a specific minimum number of Members needed to even affect the FW properly. Blow that it's pointless to start even.

View PostMischiefSC, on 15 June 2016 - 05:10 PM, said:

The most unforgivable thing big units did was set out to win the game using the mechanics provided - on purpose.

So many people play by showing up, bumbling around and winning by accident that someone actually trying to win is suspiciously like bullying to them.

Clearly anyone who would try to win is cheating and abusing game mechanics because moral, respectable players have no real plan, clue or idea how to win. They show up and click on Doritos and if they happen to win it is by the grace of outrageous fortune.

All this "coordinating", "communicating", "trying to win on purpose" business is clearly just something mean players do to ruin their fun.

yes too many people can't admit they just play nonsense and fool around. if you go FW go for trying to wind and the proepr necessaries or don't go. But thats too much for people to handle. And also I guess this would make FW too deserted, it is a too much alrgescale RVR mode in a game with not enough people interetsed in RVR.

The Idea of FW is good, the playerbase is just the "wrong" one for such a setup.

Edited by Lily from animove, 16 June 2016 - 07:48 AM.

#165 Sader325

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,181 posts

Posted 16 June 2016 - 07:54 AM

View PostAlienized, on 16 June 2016 - 07:23 AM, said:

you still dont get a single thing. i tell you something that happened in a match yesterday.

i was dropping solo in FW with pugs against some 420 dudes.
they could have curbstomped us for sure but they didnt. they won but let us all have fun with it.
even the not as good players had alot of fun in the end and it was a very good fight on both sides.

this is highly admirable and brings nothing but fun to ALL players, keeps them in FW.
sorry that you just cant seem to be that way.

i dont want to put you down at all mate but i want that you see the FW map and its possibilities from another point of view.
yes FW was introduced as *endgame* but we all know that only a few percent that are at that level wont make FW a success. only the casuals can do that with the help of the comps.

imagine what -MS- could have done if they started wars all across the map instead of doing one huge unit, making the pugs follow you and just get a all vs all on that map.
you could still all sit in one TS and have a go.
it might have been totally different but i know just too many that got sick of how -MS- played the map and stopped played because of that alone. you could still all sit in one TS and have a go.

it might be a dream that this community someday will work together instead of having this unit/comp vs solo/casual droppers contest we ever had but hey, sometimes dreams come true.

i dont have fun to get stomped, you dont have it too so dont do it just because you can. its all i say.
yes ofc it happens sometimes and even is inevitable but its on US to tell those that got stomped why it happened.

The world does not work this way, and this is why Faction Warfare sucks. Because PGI is shocked that we aren't playing the game the way they expected it to be played, and instead of designing a game mode to compensate for the way REAL PEOPLE WOULD ACTUALLY PLAY IT, they are like you. They sit there whining ,"Boohoo why doesn't MS just be nice to everyone and curbstomp less hard so EVERYONE CAN HAVE FUN".

In short, what your asking for is both impossible and unrealistic.

MS was formed to WIN faction warfare as much as possible within the rules of the game mode. We are not going to play WORSE for your benefit, we are not going to play worse in order to make you FEEL better about losing.

Let me be clear: This is what you want

Posted Image

^ MERCSTAR IS NOT GOING TO DO THIS TO MAKE YOU FEEL BETTER ABOUT LOSING

Stop asking for it, stop expecting it, this is not how competitive game modes should be played. It is not our job to police ourselves and handicap ourselves in order to make a game mode work. If this is necessary then the game mode is broken and needs to be fixed.

This is PGI's fault not ours, and your line of reasoning is both flawed and stupid.

Edited by Sader325, 16 June 2016 - 07:54 AM.

#166 Miles McQuiston

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 145 posts

Posted 16 June 2016 - 08:21 AM

Just force a one assault, one medium, one heavy, and one light on every player to play CW. No one can field more than 3 lights, mediums, heavies, assaults in any wave. This in my opinion would solve the problem 9 times out of 10. No more ******** light rushes, no more ******** 12-Assault waves. This would inhibit the ability of the enemy to stack the odds in their favor in any particular wave. Make trial mechs fully capable. I.E. they have all the skills unlocked the appropriate modules for their loadout (radar derp cooldown/range etc.) Hence anyone could participate in CW and have their pilot skill be the factor contributing to winning or losing not do they own enough modules/mechs to be competitive.

And the last thing would be to get rid of the stupid base capture/destruction mode in CW. Make large maps with 5 objectives and partial win/loss conditions. Defend airfields, cities, supply convoys, power plants, etc... Have turrets that protect the objectives that are both strong, but can be overcome. I.E. give them 12ML and 12SPL such that they must be destroyed from range. Throw in LRM turrets, but make their functionality dependent on the success of supply convoys (moving objective with limited range defenses. Lights would have to find and destroy from range.) I.E. attacker gets your convoy you lose your LRM turrets after 400 rounds fired, if the convoy is not captured/destroyed they get 3000 rounds (near unlimited). Make the powerplant (hell have two powerplants) an objective that can disable the energy turrets. All of the individual objectives would have their own defenses and sensors to tell the defenders where the enemy is and they should be located at least 1-2km apart (you know scouting). The last portion I would have is that you do not respawn on the same battlefield, you still have your 4 waves, but each wave for your team would be in a different CW battlefield for your faction. Hence when you drop out of the dropship you have to look at the map see what your faction has already accomplished and what needs to be done. Set the battle length at 10-15 minutes. You get cbill rewards for each phase of battle. I.E. take a one location and hold it and keep your mech alive 10 minutes you get huge cbill bonus for accomplishing the mission and preserving your mech/assets. Under this defenders and attackers would always drop in at the same point at the same time (No spawn camping/farming). I.E. Defenders would be in base (presumable repair and refit) attackers enter in dropship another attack wave. To take a planet you would have to capture all 5 objectives. Obviously attacker could retake an objective through progressive capture. I.E. they could recap certain non-destructible targets if they managed to hold them for a specified period of time (3 lights securing area for 2 minutes) while fighting with other mechs elsewhere (incentive to split your force in intelligent manner). I.E. in each location fixed defenses would be slowing attackers. I think it is imperative that defenses be destructible from range without incurring damage on the attacking side to make things reasonably fair.

Anyhow FW needs some serious work.

#167 Alienized

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 3,781 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 16 June 2016 - 10:03 AM

View PostSader325, on 16 June 2016 - 07:54 AM, said:

blah ...

lol. you think i care about losing on a internet game? hell no. i didnt write about me. while im not the best player out there i know where my place is and its not in comp scene. i dont even want to be there because its full of ppl like you ;)
could i be there? of course i can.

i wrote about the players that are leaving this game because of people like you.

and as a matter of fact, people like you are ruining most of the games with their behaviour and misled egoistical thinking.

MS could been the savior of FW but decided to be this games biggest donks, ruining it just because they think it all should be like them. well, nope. the minority should never think everything should go after them.

#168 Alienized

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 3,781 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 16 June 2016 - 11:51 AM

and yes, if you think closer about it.

PGI had to do alot of bad things to FW just because of you, dear -MS- leaders.

its a sad fact that you guys might have shown up alot of problems BUT your actions only made it worse.

#169 Jon Gotham

• The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 2,630 posts

Posted 16 June 2016 - 01:09 PM

View PostTriordinant, on 04 June 2016 - 05:41 PM, said:

IF large units are a problem they SHOULD be killed.

Shock statement from you, once again.

#170 MischiefSC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 16 June 2016 - 01:22 PM

That you project all this stuff on to MS is just crazy. Not kidding here, flat out crazy.

They run 2-3 12mans in FW. That's it.

24-36 players. For a huge event they probably get close to 60.

They just play a LOT.

Look at win/loss. MS has a good win/loss but there are many units with better. Tons of units who "stomp more pugs".

The only thing MS does is play a lot more. They fill more total drops. Which, conversely, fills more matches for more people.

The idea that anyone who is good at the game needs to play at a handicap so that everyone else feels better about being bad is so contemptuous I don't even know how to respond.

I would be deeply offended if someone put kid gloves to play with me. I'm not six - I don't need daddy to play with one hand behind his back. I will get better by learning from my mistakes and playing with and against people better than me.

If someone doesn't want to put in the same effort that's a personal decision of theirs to limit themselves. To demand that everyone lower their standards to suit the lowest common denominator is an insult both to the people who have put in the time and energy to get good as well as mocking those who are being presented as too feeble and incompetent to learn to rise to the challenge.

If someone plays against me I want them at 100% of their best. I'm not a child and I want to get better at the game. That's never going to happen if everyone is always trying to hold my hand.

#171 dervishx5

• The Workhorse
  • The Workhorse
  • 3,473 posts

Posted 16 June 2016 - 01:42 PM

You've got a bit of brown on the tip of your nose there

#172 p4r4g0n

• Knight Errant
  • 1,511 posts
  • LocationMalaysia

Posted 16 June 2016 - 02:16 PM

This thread needs to die.

It is getting to the point where it is borderline harassment of MS in particular and big units in general.

Let's get real here .... the battle for the Inner Sphere was about conflict between factions and PGI is trying to make a mode based on this conflict but with mercenaries as the main protagonist where the rewards are skewed accordingly. Anyone see a similarity with putting a square peg in a round hole here?

If players played in fixed factions, would anyone be bitching about large units or the "seal clubbing"?

#173 MischiefSC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 16 June 2016 - 02:18 PM

View Postdervishx5, on 16 June 2016 - 01:42 PM, said:

You've got a bit of brown on the tip of your nose there

Not about MS. It's the ******** attitude that big units are a problem. They are not, never were. CWI anyone?

If I'm playing against NS and they're playing it easy to not hurt my widdle fee-fees I'll be offended as ****. I expect to play against people putting in an effort and if I win or lose its based on that. Winning a match because the other guy wasn't trying to win is way worse than losing.

The only reason I speak to MS is they are the poster child for the made up BS about big units. If big units left we wouldn't have a functioning FW. The whole this is absurd

#174 nehebkau

• 3,386 posts
  • LocationIn a water-rights dispute with a Beaver

Posted 16 June 2016 - 04:37 PM

@Alienized

The FRR did something similar a while ago when we realized that there was a bug in game (Rev 2.0 of CW) where by attacking a planet only non-aligned players would get notice, or be able to defend. When our 12-man was seeing how bad the other side was, in regards to mechs and the player abilities we quickly changed our drop.

We started dropping in trial mech-decks and trying non-meta attack plans... basically tying our hands behind our backs to play these guys. You know what? It was FUN -- we were having a blast and the opposing players were having a blast. The matches were close (we won them all, however -- coms for the win) but they were all within the 36-48 range.

So, while I can see the point of not wanting to play the game with kid-gloves when you have inferior foes -- It can, and often does, make for a game that is enjoyable for everyone. When winning, at all costs, starts to destroy your game you either change or find a new game.

Edited by nehebkau, 16 June 2016 - 04:38 PM.

#175 Kin3ticX

• The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 2,926 posts
  • LocationSalt Mines of Puglandia

Posted 16 June 2016 - 06:23 PM

Any kind of end-user on end-user infighting is very misguided here

100% of everything wrong is on PGI

There is no community driven solution possible so the mercstar vs pug shoulda coulda argument is moot.

For me, my continued participation in the game rid on the very very delayed phase 3 being a masterpiece and now im just done. My crystal ball says its too late and the excitement from early-mid phase 2 is never again sustainable. This is more a product lifecycle issue at this point.

Fighting each other in forum warrior mode is literally an echo chamber of stupid

Edited by Kin3ticX, 16 June 2016 - 06:26 PM.

#176 Wan Chu Minge

• PipPipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 16 June 2016 - 07:14 PM

View PostKin3ticX, on 16 June 2016 - 06:23 PM, said:

Any kind of end-user on end-user infighting is very misguided here

100% of everything wrong is on PGI

There is no community driven solution possible so the mercstar vs pug shoulda coulda argument is moot.

For me, my continued participation in the game rid on the very very delayed phase 3 being a masterpiece and now im just done. My crystal ball says its too late and the excitement from early-mid phase 2 is never again sustainable. This is more a product lifecycle issue at this point.

Fighting each other in forum warrior mode is literally an echo chamber of stupid

100% this.

#177 Tom Sawyer

• The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 1,384 posts
  • LocationOn your 6

Posted 17 June 2016 - 04:40 AM

View PostAlienized, on 16 June 2016 - 10:03 AM, said:

lol. you think i care about losing on a internet game? hell no. i didnt write about me. while im not the best player out there i know where my place is and its not in comp scene. i dont even want to be there because its full of ppl like you Posted Image
could i be there? of course i can.

i wrote about the players that are leaving this game because of people like you.

and as a matter of fact, people like you are ruining most of the games with their behaviour and misled egoistical thinking.

MS could been the savior of FW but decided to be this games biggest donks, ruining it just because they think it all should be like them. well, nope. the minority should never think everything should go after them.

Saviors of FW? I thought that was PGI's job. We only play the hands we are dealt. Rather than give us lobbies like the old Zone style they just created a random throw them all together CW. When that did not work they tried splitting the ques. When THAT failed they created the abortion called Phase 3. While that is ongoing and failing everyone is pointing at what ever unit they feel is responsible for PLAYING THE GAME THE WAY PGI BUILT and yelling Unit X is ruining the game.

MS has many active players and the various drop commanders have different styles. Sometimes we play to win. And we get called noob stompers. Sometimes we try to stretch the game out and the we get called farmers.

As far as players leaving because of MS many of the founders left after continued promises from PGI to fix this or that where met with the constant barrage of wanna buy a mech pack.

Let's see if this town hall is more than just smoke and mirrors. Maybe they truly want to save this game.

#178 Alienized

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 3,781 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 17 June 2016 - 06:51 AM

View PostTom Sawyer, on 17 June 2016 - 04:40 AM, said:

Saviors of FW? I thought that was PGI's job. We only play the hands we are dealt. Rather than give us lobbies like the old Zone style they just created a random throw them all together CW. When that did not work they tried splitting the ques. When THAT failed they created the abortion called Phase 3. While that is ongoing and failing everyone is pointing at what ever unit they feel is responsible for PLAYING THE GAME THE WAY PGI BUILT and yelling Unit X is ruining the game.

MS has many active players and the various drop commanders have different styles. Sometimes we play to win. And we get called noob stompers. Sometimes we try to stretch the game out and the we get called farmers.

As far as players leaving because of MS many of the founders left after continued promises from PGI to fix this or that where met with the constant barrage of wanna buy a mech pack.

Let's see if this town hall is more than just smoke and mirrors. Maybe they truly want to save this game.

so what if, just think about some things that happened because of -MS-, PGI didnt WANT to implement those things but HAD TO?
yes PGI could have done it all before it happened but since it was bad for the game they didnt?
in the end, PGI had to react to the whole -MS- stuff at some point and you should have seen it coming
so your unit IS one of the reasons why this game is how it is now. there simply is no other unit that wanted to be THAT big, wanted to just own the world of FW.
not everyone was happy with the solutions but its always that way.

the key things of all free to play games like here is to keep it interesting for yourself and dont just pray that the devs do it.
play different mechs, try as many things out as possible even if you get laughed at. sometimes, a new unit with different people help with it too.

#179 MechPorn

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Money Maker
  • The Money Maker
  • 897 posts
  • LocationThe Banzai Institute of Advanced Armored Warfare

Posted 17 June 2016 - 07:14 AM

View PostTheB33f, on 08 June 2016 - 02:12 PM, said:

Posted Image

#180 SteamCharts Kerensky

• PipPipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 17 June 2016 - 07:15 AM

The only unit that ever brought any fun or interest to CW as a whole was none other than NKVA, the #1 unit in the Inner Sphere in both skill and modesty. Our unit creed: Honor. Glory. Honour.

It's not a coincidence that every time NKVA takes a break from laughing, slapping, and beating the piss out of role-players, interest in CW/FW/FP/Whatever it's being called now tanks to nothing.

That's great value, and it's only available at kurita.brazilgaming.net.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users