- - - - -

New Players, Do Not Declare For A Clan.

39 replies to this topic

#1 TooDumbToQuit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Death Wish
  • 1,539 posts

Posted 05 June 2016 - 09:33 AM

Clan Wolf is down to 3 Planets, the Smoke Jaguars have one and the Ghost Bears have one.

It says they each have one more but those are being "fought" over. No one is fighting for the Clan Wolf "invasion", the few of them playing are joining the others in a losing effect.

Why does this matter to a new player? Loyalty Points. The Faction War event is over with and getting them will be very hard if not almost impossible.

And the Units and pilots we are facing are using us to pad their stats. The top rated pilot is following us, even changing factions just to face new Clan Pilots. Out of his 2,682 kills, 2,629 are against the Clans.

And he is not the only one doing this.

The Jade Falcons have 76 planets but are being ganged up on now that the others are semi-dead. They are defending two planets and they will lose them by tomorrow.

#2 Rogue Jedi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,908 posts
  • LocationSuffolk, England

Posted 05 June 2016 - 10:11 AM

check again on Tuesday,

most units contracts will expire on Tuesday because about 2 months ago all contracts were reset on a Tuesday,

at the time the units pick the new contract they will go with the faction offering the most, the low population factions offer higher pay for mercs.

The new Mech this month will be the Phoenix Hawk a Inner Sphere Medium Mech so in a weeks time there is a good chance most units will go IS so their members can level that new Mech in faction play

#3 S 0 L E N Y A

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,031 posts
  • LocationWest Side

Posted 05 June 2016 - 10:25 AM

My how the times have changed

#4 TooDumbToQuit

• The Death Wish
  • 1,539 posts

Posted 05 June 2016 - 10:34 AM

It is mind numbing. Members of 4 Clans are making up the drops for the Jade Falcons. And we have no all Clan chat so there is no talking before a drop.

The amount of players that simply quit during a mission is alarming. Sometimes it is over who we are facing but mostly because people are tired of dying for nothing.

There is no trust between us. Time after time I expect someone to be beside me just to be the only one there. I really do not know what to do......

#5 TercieI

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 8,148 posts
  • LocationThe Far Country

Posted 05 June 2016 - 11:00 AM

View PostLikeUntoGod, on 05 June 2016 - 10:34 AM, said:

It is mind numbing. Members of 4 Clans are making up the drops for the Jade Falcons. And we have no all Clan chat so there is no talking before a drop.

The amount of players that simply quit during a mission is alarming. Sometimes it is over who we are facing but mostly because people are tired of dying for nothing.

There is no trust between us. Time after time I expect someone to be beside me just to be the only one there. I really do not know what to do......

Play QP?

#6 TooDumbToQuit

• The Death Wish
  • 1,539 posts

Posted 05 June 2016 - 11:12 AM

View PostTercieI, on 05 June 2016 - 11:00 AM, said:

Play QP?

At least I have a winning record in QP. Because of my horrible record in invasions, I will be a Tier 5 pilot forever.

I wanted to be part of something but I'll just be another player in the QP area.

I just do not want other new players to make my mistakes.

#7 Aleksandr Sergeyevich Kerensky

• 1,187 posts

Posted 05 June 2016 - 11:21 AM

New players, dont listen to him- join what ever clan wolf you want!

#8 S 0 L E N Y A

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,031 posts
  • LocationWest Side

Posted 05 June 2016 - 11:29 AM

View PostLikeUntoGod, on 05 June 2016 - 11:12 AM, said:

At least I have a winning record in QP. Because of my horrible record in invasions, I will be a Tier 5 pilot forever.

I wanted to be part of something but I'll just be another player in the QP area.

I just do not want other new players to make my mistakes.

Youre going to need another excuse for being stuck in tier 5 because faction war does not effect your PSR ;)

#9 TooDumbToQuit

• The Death Wish
  • 1,539 posts

Posted 05 June 2016 - 11:58 AM

View PostBoogie138, on 05 June 2016 - 11:29 AM, said:

Youre going to need another excuse for being stuck in tier 5 because faction war does not effect your PSR Posted Image

I just found that out....Well, I also suck so....

My eye has healed well and within a week, I'll finally have glasses again so we will see if that helps.

And the new Madden will be out soon, lol.

Edited by LikeUntoGod, 05 June 2016 - 12:03 PM.

#10 no one

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 533 posts

Posted 05 June 2016 - 12:31 PM

I tried a faction assault match recently and the experience was unpleasant enough to put me off faction warfare as a whole for a while. The enemy 12 man crushed us, sure. I can live with that. What really pissed me off though was how they did it. We were attackers in counter-attack and moments after the drop a wave of light 'mechs overran the most isolated friendly drop position. In my mind that's an exploit. You're basically saying "okay sure, we could fight a pitched battle against the enemy evenly, but I'd much rather win by teleporting superior numbers over to where the enemy starts with inferior numbers." I don't even want to play against people who abuse the system like that. If they want to farm no one, then they can ghost drop.

Maybe they need to move spawns closer together, maybe they need to make drops a random 'Mech selected from your drop deck. Whatever the case, what we have now is untenable, boring and buggy.

Edited by no one, 05 June 2016 - 12:32 PM.

#11 TooDumbToQuit

• The Death Wish
  • 1,539 posts

Posted 05 June 2016 - 12:50 PM

They ran there. It is one of their few favorite tactic.

I'm 100% sure that the Gates were down when you were counter attacking.

#12 Not A Real RAbbi

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 1,688 posts
  • LocationDeath to Aladeen Cafe

Posted 05 June 2016 - 08:38 PM

What's that? Wolf, Smoke Jaguar, and Ghost Bear, are all weak now? Anyone care to make a wager as to how long before MS takes a Smoke Jaguar contract, and 10 planets change hands in the following week?

If you're all about going LOYALIST, be prepared for this to happen. I remember a time when Ghost Bear was STRONK. Not that long ago, really. There are swings. Seems to be, that the mercs make the swings and the loyalists just kinda get to deal with the fallout of who has which contract this week.

Give it a while. And use the gazillion other free, public TS servers, to organize.

ALSO, @LikeUntoGod, glad to hear you're getting the eye thing (that I don't recall ever hearing about, but anyhow) handled! Good for you, man! ;)

#13 mailin

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 2,033 posts
  • LocationWisconsin, USA

Posted 06 June 2016 - 12:31 AM

Funny thing about mercs. They never want one side to win. You'll either see gains for the clans soon because of the merc units, or PGI will eventually be forced to do a reset.

#14 TooDumbToQuit

• The Death Wish
  • 1,539 posts

Posted 06 June 2016 - 03:50 AM

View PostSister RAbbi, on 05 June 2016 - 08:38 PM, said:

What's that? Wolf, Smoke Jaguar, and Ghost Bear, are all weak now? Anyone care to make a wager as to how long before MS takes a Smoke Jaguar contract, and 10 planets change hands in the following week?

If you're all about going LOYALIST, be prepared for this to happen. I remember a time when Ghost Bear was STRONK. Not that long ago, really. There are swings. Seems to be, that the mercs make the swings and the loyalists just kinda get to deal with the fallout of who has which contract this week.

Give it a while. And use the gazillion other free, public TS servers, to organize.

ALSO, @LikeUntoGod, glad to hear you're getting the eye thing (that I don't recall ever hearing about, but anyhow) handled! Good for you, man! Posted Image

I had Cataract surgery last year which was great (I've been legally blind my whole life). The trade off was that I can't see anything very close because they put what is called the "Far" lens in my eyes. It was a "tricky one" as they said because i have "Floating irises". But still a plus.

But 4 months ago I had aretinal detachment and the surgery for that one was a bit scary, lol. But in a few days, I finally get glasses so I'm excited. Now when someone says "shoot at their leg" in this game, I will be abe to see the leg, lol.

What you two and mailin are saying is interesting. And what Rogue Jedi said about "Mercs go to the smaller factions because THEY PAY BETTER might be true here.

I have made about 35 friends here and in Wolf Clan. And most asked to be my friend so I must be doing something right. I find it hard to read names ATM but I just found out you can click someone's name during a match etc.

And SWOL popped on last night and after 14 failed defenses of the Jade Falcon's planets, the Wolfs took Elissa and it was almost worth the many pug losses just to run with a Unit and win :) (of course, when they left, it was lost again but...)

I guess the extra pay is a way of evening things out.

#15 SteelMantis

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Deadly
  • The Deadly
  • 179 posts
  • Locationon the shifting sands of the meta

Posted 06 June 2016 - 04:06 AM

It's not like things are any better on the IS side.

I just had to bite the bullet and break my loyalist contract with Kurita. Especially if you are new don't sign loyalist contracts for either faction. There are only a few factions that have action around the clock and if you pick the wrong one you are stuck for a week without having drops and other penalties.

Just take a merc contract so you can move around to where the fights are.

#16 Not A Real RAbbi

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 1,688 posts
  • LocationDeath to Aladeen Cafe

Posted 06 June 2016 - 10:58 PM

View PostLikeUntoGod, on 06 June 2016 - 03:50 AM, said:

I had Cataract surgery last year which was great (I've been legally blind my whole life). The trade off was that I can't see anything very close because they put what is called the "Far" lens in my eyes. It was a "tricky one" as they said because i have "Floating irises". But still a plus.

But 4 months ago I had aretinal detachment and the surgery for that one was a bit scary, lol. But in a few days, I finally get glasses so I'm excited. Now when someone says "shoot at their leg" in this game, I will be abe to see the leg, lol.

What you two and mailin are saying is interesting. And what Rogue Jedi said about "Mercs go to the smaller factions because THEY PAY BETTER might be true here.

I have made about 35 friends here and in Wolf Clan. And most asked to be my friend so I must be doing something right. I find it hard to read names ATM but I just found out you can click someone's name during a match etc.

And SWOL popped on last night and after 14 failed defenses of the Jade Falcon's planets, the Wolfs took Elissa and it was almost worth the many pug losses just to run with a Unit and win Posted Image (of course, when they left, it was lost again but...)

I guess the extra pay is a way of evening things out.

They take a lot of crap some times, but I've had good experiences playing WITH and AGAINST SWOL. Lots of good players, good PEOPLE, in that unit. You might want to look them up; their forum, their TeamSpeak, and their more active members around here, and see if you can't coordinate to drop with them. ;)

(Detached retina? Yeah, BTDT, only not to THAT extent yet. Glad you're getting it sorted out!)

#17 D V Devnull

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,247 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 07 June 2016 - 02:08 AM

<*Looks At Thread*>

I'm afraid with the current state of Faction Warfare's Contracts, I have to agree here. Don't go Loyalist for now, Newbie Pilots, or you WILL mess yourself up! Make PGI implement something like a BluePrint (Latest version readable at http://mwomercs.com/forums/topic/230053-things-that-would-make-faction-play-better/page__view__findpost__p__5224643 for those who don't mind a wall-of-text situation) which I've designed for the Contract system before you ever think of being more than a Mercenary Pilot again! :(

~D. V. "Very disappointed by 'FW, Phase 3' and the lack of thought that went into it..." Devnull

#18 Stormbringer13

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 07 June 2016 - 07:19 AM

View PostLikeUntoGod, on 05 June 2016 - 10:34 AM, said:

. Time after time I expect someone to be beside me just to be the only one there.

I've encountered that many times.
Or, I'm standing there firing at someone, and a bigger mech decides to come over and stand in front of me to take my firing position. I'm sure he's pissed when my AC-10 blows out his back armor, but whose fault is that? I'll willingly take a time-out penalty for killing an a*****e.

View PostD V Devnull, on 07 June 2016 - 02:08 AM, said:

<*Looks At Thread*>

I'm afraid with the current state of Faction Warfare's Contracts, I have to agree here. Don't go Loyalist for now, Newbie Pilots, or you WILL mess yourself up!

too late. no clear path or directions in this game . and the in game search function on the forums suck. I keep getting no results, so then I have to go to Bing to find the forum posts I'm looking for.
But then again, I'm loathe to play FW. I have not joined a unit yet, as I'm still new-ish. and I am kinda tired of being talked-down to by other players.

Edited by Stormbringer13, 07 June 2016 - 07:23 AM.

#19 Leone

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,693 posts
  • LocationOutworlds Alliance

Posted 07 June 2016 - 09:26 AM

Tell you what, if your not too far into your current contract and don't mind the switch penalty, I'd be willing to run with ya for a game or three. I'm currently mostly US based on late, so think about timezones before ya switch but I'm always willing to show new folks the ropes.

We all hadta start somewhere.

~Leone

#20 TooDumbToQuit

• The Death Wish
  • 1,539 posts

Posted 07 June 2016 - 09:55 AM

Time zones are not a problem for me. I'm disabled so I have no life and I have insomnia so I only sleep about every 5th night. Which can make you a little crazy at times.

I cracks me up when someone complains all day "I just could not get to sleep last night".

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users