Is It "just The Tournament" Or Has Pgi Gone Full "fortress Piranha", Again?

503 replies to this topic

#261 WarHippy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,835 posts

Posted 07 June 2016 - 11:55 AM

View PostKael Posavatz, on 07 June 2016 - 08:19 AM, said:

Quick question.

Where is the community manager? I thought there was a community manager to, you know, manage the community.

I don't know but avoiding the community as much as possible must be part of the job description at PGI for the Community Manager since that seems to be the modus operandi for pretty much all of the CMs we have ever had. Then again it also seems to be part of the job description for pretty much every PGI employee at least with regard to their own damn forums.

#262 Bud Crue

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 9,933 posts
  • LocationOn the farm in central Minnesota

Posted 07 June 2016 - 11:59 AM

View PostWarHippy, on 07 June 2016 - 11:55 AM, said:

I don't know but avoiding the community as much as possible must be part of the job description at PGI for the Community Manager since that seems to be the modus operandi for pretty much all of the CMs we have ever had. Then again it also seems to be part of the job description for pretty much every PGI employee at least with regard to their own damn forums.

As indicated previously, Steven Hicks has posted a request for feed back in the map thread
http://mwomercs.com/...k-and-thoughts/

So at least someone is out here.

#263 ColdPsyker1

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 243 posts

Posted 07 June 2016 - 12:06 PM

View Postinvernomuto, on 07 June 2016 - 07:01 AM, said:

I agree on opening some dev tools to the community: A map editor woudl be great but even a full level designer, if we have to dream, let's dream big Posted Image .
While you lose control over the process, this move could provide a lot of interesting contents made by players for free.
In Red Orchestra 2 there are some awesome maps made by other players.
PGI could do "map contest" and, with some final "quality checks and mods", could introduce this map / scenarios into the game.
I understand that a similar decision could have some very big drawbacks, but I think that it could be *very* interesting for the community and could add a lot of longevity to MWO.
However, the upcoming months seem very ambitious for PGI (big rescale and balance pass, Solaris, etc), lets see what they pull out of the hat before declaring the demise of MWO...

I think in Starcraft 2 (and Warcraft 3 years before that), I spend more time playing community-generated Arcade games than the actual multiplayer

But giving dev tools to this community would only serve to highlight just how incompentent their own devs are, as I would bet real money the community could fix bugs/issues/make better maps/etc. (i mean seriously, its 2016 and the freaking chat is either messed up or you cant see more than 4 messages previous)

#264 wanderer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 11,152 posts
  • LocationStomping around in a giant robot, of course.

Posted 07 June 2016 - 12:08 PM

Why is Russ Bullock doing every Town Hall, instead of letting other PGI employees answer questions about game balance, faction play, future mech packs, etc?

Because they have nothing to do with those decisions, apparently- that would be Paul and a box of napkins with a Sharpie.

In fact, I don't even think Russ knows. It's not really impacting his job security. Would you like to buy another 'Mech pack?

#265 Idealsuspect

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2,127 posts

Posted 07 June 2016 - 12:10 PM

View PostRussianWolf, on 07 June 2016 - 11:46 AM, said:

A) Continue focus on CW
Posted Image Solaris VII game mode
C) Mech Rescales

Run it for a week or two, the change the question.

But at this point, I have my doubts that PGI can run an actual business.

I know it wasnt your point but i have words about thoses top-three hopes in every MWOplayer's mind ( which i am one ):

A) Continue focus on CW

Focus ? Damn you trust them when they said they are focus on CW?
Since first release of CW the only "improvement" i did saw in 3 years it's change of initials spawning zones for prevent basic spawnkilling for each map ( even a kid should have release safer spawnzones day first but well PGI aren't smart enough it seem )
How many pugs did left the game after being spawnkilled again and again ? xD

Posted Image Solaris VII game mode

Posted Image Solaris mode could be a GREAT FIX about thiers stupids MM ( ELO & PSR system), theirs empty gamemode and their empty playerbase A FINAL FIX about all thoses fails.
But you will never see it, time is running out now ...

C) Mech Rescales

Since day one catapult is OVERSIZED ... 2012 - 2016
Now we will have their first attempt to fix this .. But but what are your feeling about capability of PGI to provide proper balanced and nice fix at first attempt...
4 years lol.

Edited by Idealsuspect, 07 June 2016 - 12:19 PM.

#266 SilentWolff

• The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 2,174 posts
  • LocationNew Las Vegas

Posted 07 June 2016 - 12:16 PM

I've retired from the game because I'm tired of banging my head against the wall and hoping something changes.
The fact is, PGI IS THE PROBLEM. Unless the IP is taken from them and a real set of devs get ahold of the franchise, this game and future games are doomed

Edited by ImyerHuckleberry, 07 June 2016 - 12:17 PM.

#267 C E Dwyer

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,274 posts
  • LocationHiding in the periphery, from Bounty Hunters

Posted 07 June 2016 - 12:23 PM

View PostImyerHuckleberry, on 07 June 2016 - 12:16 PM, said:

I've retired from the game because I'm tired of banging my head against the wall and hoping something changes.
The fact is, PGI IS THE PROBLEM. Unless the IP is taken from them and a real set of devs get ahold of the franchise, this game and future games are doomed

Hardly think this games future, whether it crashes and burns, sores like an eagle, or just stumbles along at it's own drunken pace, as it has done since closed beta, is going to have an impact on H.B.S Battletech.

But I do get your point

Edited by Cathy, 07 June 2016 - 12:24 PM.

#268 WarHippy

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,835 posts

Posted 07 June 2016 - 12:34 PM

View PostBud Crue, on 07 June 2016 - 11:59 AM, said:

As indicated previously, Steven Hicks has posted a request for feed back in the map thread
http://mwomercs.com/...k-and-thoughts/

So at least someone is out here.

Sure, some of them are out there, but they all still seem to avoid actually communicating. Even with the link you gave that is his one and only post. Perhaps he is just new and didn't know better?Posted Image

#269 WarHippy

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,835 posts

Posted 07 June 2016 - 12:39 PM

View PostImyerHuckleberry, on 07 June 2016 - 12:16 PM, said:

But Doc was loyal to the end you can't leave without changing your name first...Posted Image

#270 SilentWolff

• The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 2,174 posts
  • LocationNew Las Vegas

Posted 07 June 2016 - 12:41 PM

View PostCathy, on 07 June 2016 - 12:23 PM, said:

Hardly think this games future, whether it crashes and burns, sores like an eagle, or just stumbles along at it's own drunken pace, as it has done since closed beta, is going to have an impact on H.B.S Battletech.

But I do get your point

I'm not referring to Battletech, just Mechwarrior.

The boys at HBS, if anything, will bring interest back to the franchise. I have nothing but faith in those guys, especially with Jordan at the helm. It's the reason I gave them $360.00 bucks. PGI should take notes on how to treat the playerbase.

#271 RussianWolf

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,097 posts
  • LocationWV

Posted 07 June 2016 - 12:42 PM

View PostIdealsuspect, on 07 June 2016 - 12:10 PM, said:

I know it wasnt your point but i have words about thoses top-three hopes in every MWOplayer's mind ( which i am one ):

Focus ? Damn you trust them when they said they are focus on CW?
Since first release of CW the only "improvement" i did saw in 3 years it's change of initials spawning zones for prevent basic spawnkilling for each map ( even a kid should have release safer spawnzones day first but well PGI aren't smart enough it seem )
How many pugs did left the game after being spawnkilled again and again ? xD

Posted Image Solaris mode could be a GREAT FIX about thiers stupids MM ( ELO & PSR system), theirs empty gamemode and their empty playerbase A FINAL FIX about all thoses fails.
But you will never see it, time is running out now ...

Since day one catapult is OVERSIZED ... 2012 - 2016
Now we will have their first attempt to fix this .. But but what are your feeling about capability of PGI to provide proper balanced and nice fix at first attempt...
4 years lol.

I don't disagree.

My point though is something simple and IN-GAME would be better than nothing at all. And easier for them to digest.

#272 SilentWolff

• The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 2,174 posts
  • LocationNew Las Vegas

Posted 07 June 2016 - 12:43 PM

View PostWarHippy, on 07 June 2016 - 12:39 PM, said:

But Doc was loyal to the end you can't leave without changing your name first...Posted Image

I'll let you in oN a little secret, I've already changed my name ;)

#273 WarHippy

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,835 posts

Posted 07 June 2016 - 12:47 PM

View PostImyerHuckleberry, on 07 June 2016 - 12:43 PM, said:

I'll let you in oN a little secret, I've already changed my name Posted Image

Are we only allowed one name change? I'm just curious because I don't actually know. Either way it would be shameful to abandon ship while wielding a name that alludes to someone as loyal as Doc. (Not that it matters as I am just having some fun with you.)

#274 SilentWolff

• The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 2,174 posts
  • LocationNew Las Vegas

Posted 07 June 2016 - 12:50 PM

View PostWarHippy, on 07 June 2016 - 12:47 PM, said:

Are we only allowed one name change? I'm just curious because I don't actually know. Either way it would be shameful to abandon ship while wielding a name that alludes to someone as loyal as Doc. (Not that it matters as I am just having some fun with you.)

Your allowed one name change, then they charge you for each change. You just go into your profile to change it, pretty simple.

#275 Malleus011

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,854 posts

Posted 07 June 2016 - 12:51 PM

I backed HBS as a Noble House Scion.

Twice.

But I got a basic Phoenix Hawk and no Cyclops.

#276 Metus regem

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 10,282 posts
  • LocationNAIS College of Military Science OCS courses

Posted 07 June 2016 - 12:52 PM

View PostColdPsyker1, on 07 June 2016 - 12:06 PM, said:

I think in Starcraft 2 (and Warcraft 3 years before that), I spend more time playing community-generated Arcade games than the actual multiplayer

But giving dev tools to this community would only serve to highlight just how incompentent their own devs are, as I would bet real money the community could fix bugs/issues/make better maps/etc. (i mean seriously, its 2016 and the freaking chat is either messed up or you cant see more than 4 messages previous)

You know what the sad part is, I've seen some players like McGrail actually come up with fixes for bad weapons that are actually balanced fixes, and all that they required were a chance in a number or two in the .XML files, now I don't know how long it would take to fix 1 or 500 things with editing the .XML files then uploading them, but if taking MG's from near useless to usable (0.8DPS to 1 DPS) is that easy, it makes me worry about PGI's abilities... let alone the long forgotten about switchable ammo types for LB series AC's or the 'place holder' clan AC's....

#277 Novakaine

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 5,725 posts
  • LocationThe Republic of Texas

Posted 07 June 2016 - 12:58 PM

In all seriousness when the community has not gone gaga over the MWO world championship.
Someone at PGI should have said ooopty we have an issue here boss.
If the player base is saying "meh" that should tell you something.
And if we're not excited no one else is either.
And most of us are not excited.
Russ's apparent lack of excitement over his own product is concerning.
And he should step back and appoint somebody to hype this game.
Issues aside I still enjoy it.
PGI should seriously gather a group of players and ask this simple question.
"What do we need to do and what can we do?"
And we know who they are pay them some consulting fee's and let them consult.
Whatever PGI vision for game simply is not working.
Get some new blood in get refreshed.
Otherwise.......*

-

#278 Bud Crue

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 9,933 posts
  • LocationOn the farm in central Minnesota

Posted 07 June 2016 - 02:04 PM

View PostWarHippy, on 07 June 2016 - 12:34 PM, said:

Sure, some of them are out there, but they all still seem to avoid actually communicating. Even with the link you gave that is his one and only post. Perhaps he is just new and didn't know better?Posted Image

Don't take this sole hopeful sign away from me. Please.

#279 Mcgral18

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • 17,987 posts
  • LocationSnow

Posted 07 June 2016 - 02:06 PM

View PostMetus regem, on 07 June 2016 - 12:52 PM, said:

You know what the sad part is, I've seen some players like McGrail actually come up with fixes for bad weapons that are actually balanced fixes, and all that they required were a chance in a number or two in the .XML files, now I don't know how long it would take to fix 1 or 500 things with editing the .XML files then uploading them, but if taking MG's from near useless to usable (0.8DPS to 1 DPS) is that easy, it makes me worry about PGI's abilities... let alone the long forgotten about switchable ammo types for LB series AC's or the 'place holder' clan AC's....

Private match dev tools #PGIplz

At least with a single player, offline, game I'll be able to fix things. Maybe.

#280 cazidin

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 4,259 posts

Posted 07 June 2016 - 03:14 PM

Anyone else notice the irony in this thread? PGI doesn't talk to us anymore because of how harsh our criticism can be so we make a thread giving PGI harsh criticism for not talking to us.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users