#41 045

• PipPipPip
  • Star Colonel
  • Star Colonel
  • 59 posts
  • LocationVancouver

Posted 19 June 2016 - 01:36 AM

View PostRaso, on 18 June 2016 - 06:49 AM, said:

My point being I din't give a flip about realistic volume versus mass. I car about game balance. Game balance should nearly always trump realism unless the supreme goal is realism at the expense of balance (which is a valid, but very niche way to design a game).

That's a good point you make. Also making a mech that underperforms a smaller target can also be explained via denser internal layout. Not every mech has it's insides in the exact same spot. I really like that they're trying to make the mech sizes more consistent, but I don't want it to come at the cost of some mechs being underused.

This is of course coming from a Gargoyle owner so what do I know haha.

#42 Thorn Hallis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,902 posts
  • LocationUnited States of Paranoia

Posted 19 June 2016 - 07:22 AM

Hmm...mediums getting smaller while lights getting bigger...is this PGIs way to make mediums more popular?

#43 Bors Mistral

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 313 posts
  • LocationMontreal

Posted 19 June 2016 - 09:26 AM

I get that most of the mech became bigger but... even so the Trebuchet remains unchanged?

Ahh ,well.. We'll have to wait and see how things play out.

#44 Reno Blade

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blade
  • The Blade
  • 3,456 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 19 June 2016 - 10:29 AM

Here is another detailed comparison between all weight classes for the height.
... I can't wait to play my skinyn P-Hawk, even tho it's as tall as the 70/80 tonners.
Posted Image
Posted Image

Edited by Reno Blade, 19 June 2016 - 10:31 AM.

#45 Countess

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 121 posts

Posted 19 June 2016 - 03:29 PM

Posted ImagePosted Image
Any questions?

#46 Dazzer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 216 posts
  • LocationSpain next to Gibraltar

Posted 19 June 2016 - 03:36 PM

seems they have mad the clan smaller so harder to hit and either left the IS unchanged or made them bigger !

Why , my hunchbacks are too big , we have been saying that for years.

Well it has cost you I WAS going to buy 3 more crab as I like the one I had it was a nice sized Med mech but now you have made the crab huge I will not bother.

#47 SlightlyMobileTurret

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Lance Corporal
  • 718 posts

Posted 19 June 2016 - 05:38 PM

Hunchbacks are too big?

They've been considered perfectly scaled for YEARS. They didn't get touched (much), except for the IIC arms becoming weird.

Are you sure you don't mean another mech?

#48 Solis Obscuri

Don't Care How I Want It Now!

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The DeathRain
  • The DeathRain
  • 4,751 posts
  • LocationPomme de Terre

Posted 20 June 2016 - 03:51 PM

So wait, the Shadow Hawk gets smaller, the Griffin gets bigger? How does that make any sense? It was already the larger of the two...

#49 Gwydion Ward

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Nova Commander
  • Nova Commander
  • 344 posts

Posted 20 June 2016 - 04:38 PM

Awwww.... my Crab got fat..... guess it ate to much while nomming on Laser-vomit mech's.. Posted Image

#50 Dulahan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 361 posts

Posted 20 June 2016 - 04:50 PM

Yeah, definitely sad the Cicada didn't at least get more chickeny bent legs to be a bit shorter. It needs something. :(

Sad about the Crab too, that sucker looks like it almost doubled in mass! I won't disagree it probably needed it, but yeesh!

#51 Bobby Blast

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 183 posts
  • LocationSouth Eastern United States

Posted 20 June 2016 - 05:47 PM

The Griffin needs to be so much smaller, it gets mistaken for a heavy enough as it is...

#52 JayVrb

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 507 posts

Posted 20 June 2016 - 09:39 PM

Cicada? Posted Image

Edited by Vrbas, 20 June 2016 - 09:39 PM.

#53 Sparkymarkyp

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 187 posts

Posted 21 June 2016 - 02:09 AM

Centurion is still wider then my mom's ***

#54 Fire for Effect

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 5
  • Mercenary Rank 5
  • 583 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 21 June 2016 - 11:53 AM

MEDIUM:

Blackjack
No issues with this mech before resize.
A Mech that lives and survives by suddenly appearing and then vanishing again. 2 Variants gain a useless Ballistic Range quirk but the mainly used variant dies because that peeking that this mech is required to do to survive is no longerreally possible... Add to this a size increase that also feels weird:

FAIL

Centurion
No Issue with that Mech currenly, maybe a bit tall but bareble
Minor change in size but AGAIN increaing the size. Mechs in this game are ALREADY to large.

Unwarented and useless change so
minor Fail

Crab
No size Issue with that Mech currenly, but heat quirks are mostly missing and that in an Energy mech...
Mech is massively enlarged, the only reason to drive this mech was its small size taking this away essentially voids any real reason to drive it. Structure is cute but does not kill enemies...

FAIL

Enforcer
A small Mech with only one useful variant. A rather small size is one of the few redeeming attributes this mech has especially in view of its fairly low hardpoints. Suddenly a second variant might be useful after the resize but it will dwindle in mediocrecy.

Minor Fail

Griffin
No Issues with that Mech,
Absolutely no reason to increase the size. Changes where no changes are needed... and again of course increasing size...

Minor Fail

Hunchback
A Mech that is to fat and direly needs a diet and the change is.... not noticible..

FAIL

Shadowhawk:
No issues with that Mech. Why does that Mech shrink??? Absolutely no reason for that, the mech is a good chassis it has no issues that need to be improved by shrinking it...
Changes where no changes are needed...

Minor Fail

Vindicator:
A Mech that severely suffers from a to small engine cap, terrible Hardpoints and hardpoints locations. The only variant that can be brought up to speed has the worst hardpoints. Here one could have made the mech useful by making it much much smaller... well only tiny decrease in size... Mech is still mostly garbage those additional quirks dont change the far to slow speed and a shape that is far to easy to hit...

FAIL

Wolverine:
A Mech that has a severe weight problem and again terrible hardpoint placement, he needs a diet so chubby is the Mech. Those legs are begging to be shot. Especially the MASC Variat is a Mech the is -7D is completely superflouis with absolutely no Reason for existence. What happens?
Instead of making the mech thinner they just shrink it, and that barely noticable. D Variant is still useless and could only be redeemed by adding a few hardpoints. Missed chance.

FAIL

Kintaro
a Mech with terrible hitboxes and that dies pretty easily also with pretty bad Hardpoints gets...
nothing?

Minor Fail

Treb
A Mech that was a little bit oversized gets... nothing?

Minor Fail

Stromcrow
that Mech is far to small for its weight and firepower why has this one not been enlarged??

EPIC Fail

Ice Ferrit
„the fridge“ has pretty bad hardpoints at also bad positions, a decent speed but no JJ. This mech begs for a decrease in size to make it even remotely useful and it gets... nothing

FAIL

Shadow Cat
I can barely think of a mech that does not need a change without seeing this one in front of me. This mech suffers more from mediocre Hardpoints than from any size issues. Everything on this mech is pretty decent so no real reason for change. Changes where no changes are needed...

Minor Fail

Nova
Few Mechs needed a shrink as bad as this one but instead of just making it smaller they shrinked it to much in all dimensions. Its now smaller than the oversized and absurdyly grown IS lights... Quirk reduction is also to minor.

Minor Fail

Hunchback IIC
well no real issues with this one except obscene Firepower for a medium... changes are barely noticable.

Tl, DR

Resize does not adress already identified issues, and looks random without any deeper thought about what this mech can actually archive and what not, speed has been completely omitted in resizing.
Medium Resize is thereby besides the point and again due to enlargement of IS Mechs a Nerf to IS and due to Nova massive shrink and no Crow changes a big Buff for Clans.
Medium Resize is like Light Resize also a failure for Mediums...

#55 sarelk

• PipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 40 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 21 June 2016 - 12:27 PM

View PostFire for Effect, on 21 June 2016 - 11:53 AM, said:

MEDIUM:

Blackjack
No issues with this mech before resize.
A Mech that lives and survives by suddenly appearing and then vanishing again. 2 Variants gain a useless Ballistic Range quirk but the mainly used variant dies because that peeking that this mech is required to do to survive is no longerreally possible... Add to this a size increase that also feels weird:

FAIL

Centurion
No Issue with that Mech currenly, maybe a bit tall but bareble
Minor change in size but AGAIN increaing the size. Mechs in this game are ALREADY to large.

Unwarented and useless change so
minor Fail

Crab
No size Issue with that Mech currenly, but heat quirks are mostly missing and that in an Energy mech...
Mech is massively enlarged, the only reason to drive this mech was its small size taking this away essentially voids any real reason to drive it. Structure is cute but does not kill enemies...

FAIL

Enforcer
A small Mech with only one useful variant. A rather small size is one of the few redeeming attributes this mech has especially in view of its fairly low hardpoints. Suddenly a second variant might be useful after the resize but it will dwindle in mediocrecy.

Minor Fail

Griffin
No Issues with that Mech,
Absolutely no reason to increase the size. Changes where no changes are needed... and again of course increasing size...

Minor Fail

Hunchback
A Mech that is to fat and direly needs a diet and the change is.... not noticible..

FAIL

Shadowhawk:
No issues with that Mech. Why does that Mech shrink??? Absolutely no reason for that, the mech is a good chassis it has no issues that need to be improved by shrinking it...
Changes where no changes are needed...

Minor Fail

Vindicator:
A Mech that severely suffers from a to small engine cap, terrible Hardpoints and hardpoints locations. The only variant that can be brought up to speed has the worst hardpoints. Here one could have made the mech useful by making it much much smaller... well only tiny decrease in size... Mech is still mostly garbage those additional quirks dont change the far to slow speed and a shape that is far to easy to hit...

FAIL

Wolverine:
A Mech that has a severe weight problem and again terrible hardpoint placement, he needs a diet so chubby is the Mech. Those legs are begging to be shot. Especially the MASC Variat is a Mech the is -7D is completely superflouis with absolutely no Reason for existence. What happens?
Instead of making the mech thinner they just shrink it, and that barely noticable. D Variant is still useless and could only be redeemed by adding a few hardpoints. Missed chance.

FAIL

Kintaro
a Mech with terrible hitboxes and that dies pretty easily also with pretty bad Hardpoints gets...
nothing?

Minor Fail

Treb
A Mech that was a little bit oversized gets... nothing?

Minor Fail

Stromcrow
that Mech is far to small for its weight and firepower why has this one not been enlarged??

EPIC Fail

Ice Ferrit
„the fridge“ has pretty bad hardpoints at also bad positions, a decent speed but no JJ. This mech begs for a decrease in size to make it even remotely useful and it gets... nothing

FAIL

Shadow Cat
I can barely think of a mech that does not need a change without seeing this one in front of me. This mech suffers more from mediocre Hardpoints than from any size issues. Everything on this mech is pretty decent so no real reason for change. Changes where no changes are needed...

Minor Fail

Nova
Few Mechs needed a shrink as bad as this one but instead of just making it smaller they shrinked it to much in all dimensions. Its now smaller than the oversized and absurdyly grown IS lights... Quirk reduction is also to minor.

Minor Fail

Hunchback IIC
well no real issues with this one except obscene Firepower for a medium... changes are barely noticable.

Tl, DR

Resize does not adress already identified issues, and looks random without any deeper thought about what this mech can actually archive and what not, speed has been completely omitted in resizing.
Medium Resize is thereby besides the point and again due to enlargement of IS Mechs a Nerf to IS and due to Nova massive shrink and no Crow changes a big Buff for Clans.
Medium Resize is like Light Resize also a failure for Mediums...

you nailed the BJ... its my favorite mech through and through... i use it 90% of the time... now its grown to the sizie of a heavy for some reason? iam disapointed... tested and comfirmed... ugh

#56 TTDeadsayer

• PipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 79 posts

Posted 21 June 2016 - 05:37 PM

View PostSparkymarkyp, on 21 June 2016 - 02:09 AM, said:

Centurion is still wider then my mom's ***
This. Why didn't the centurion actually get changed? That tiny edit is insignificant, while the centurion is in dire need of a trim.

#57 JayVrb

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 507 posts

Posted 21 June 2016 - 10:05 PM

Also, the hunchback? WTF? It leans back a little more now? So it's just kinda relaxing? Like, "Yeah mate, don't give too much a **** I've got a steroid-injected shoulder that's as big as a light mech. I aight."

Yeah, BIG improvement.

I realize PGI did the resize both "Mathematically" and "Pragmatically"... but a few of these mechs make me scratch my head.

Edited by Vrbas, 21 June 2016 - 10:04 PM.

#58 Shiro Matsumoto

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Boombox
  • The Boombox
  • 492 posts
  • Locationon "The island"

Posted 21 June 2016 - 10:32 PM

View PostSevronis, on 17 June 2016 - 07:44 PM, said:

Okay wait.. no Trebuchet rescale? It was one of the mech that definitely needed it. Well at least the Shadowhawks got a tad smaller..

And Wolfhound/Firestarter is the same size now. /eyeroll

Edited by Shiro Matsumoto, 21 June 2016 - 10:33 PM.

#59 SlightlyMobileTurret

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Lance Corporal
  • 718 posts

Posted 22 June 2016 - 04:30 AM

The Hunchback was perfect in its scaling. Always has been.

#60 Davy J0nes

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Corsair
  • The Corsair
  • 139 posts

Posted 22 June 2016 - 03:32 PM

Just trying to understand why the treb got noting, it was said on twitter that it and the cent were been looked at.

Just wondering how was it agreed that it was fine the way it was unless it was just forgotten about I mean its prob the biggest med now the next to the griffin.

and still as wide as to double doors.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users