No smaller Kintaro? The thing is huge!

#62 Kali Rinpoche

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 639 posts
  • LocationCrossing, Draconis March

Posted 26 June 2016 - 07:28 PM

Phoenix Hawk needs better internal structure quirks badly at its size. Its human silhouette should help it, but its got oversized hit boxes. Its weapon's quirks are not remotely useful either.

Edited by Kali Rinpoche, 28 June 2016 - 10:48 PM.

#63 MW Waldorf Statler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,457 posts
  • LocationGermany/Berlin

Posted 30 June 2016 - 02:22 AM

View PostKeshav Murali, on 22 June 2016 - 04:30 AM, said:

The Hunchback was perfect in its scaling. Always has been.

The hunchback was to big , the Shadowhak before double of the Canon Size (9,6m)

Battletech is not only big Stompy Robots game (for Guys willing equal sized balanced Robots -better going to HAWKEN), is a Game for Combined Warfare ,with many Weaponssytsems, from the Soldier with Laserrifle and KSR Launcher ,to Tanks,Jetfighters, Hovercrafts, Ships, Spacecrafts.

Make the Mechs bigger=the Weaponsystem bigger J the Mechs not alone in BT Universe and have a second Part of the Battlefield, Tanks, Aerospacefighters, Helicopters used the same Weaponssystems …Tanks a Dangerous Counterparts to the Mechs, …What? This tiny Yellow Jacket Helicoper carry a Gauss? That tiny Toycannon on the Mini-Tank is a AC10??? And dangerous for my 20m Atlas?this little Soldier carrying a KSR Launcher?

A MWO (before Rescale) Hunchback left against a more Loresized Mechs right against a Tank)

Posted Image

Edited by Old MW4 Ranger, 30 June 2016 - 02:24 AM.

#64 SlightlyMobileTurret

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Lance Corporal
  • 718 posts

Posted 30 June 2016 - 05:23 AM

Sir, honestly, I do not care about BT values. Yes, all mechs in MWO are oversized.

The MWO Hunchback in a world of "oversized" mechs, could be considered perfectly scaled.

#65 MW Waldorf Statler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,457 posts
  • LocationGermany/Berlin

Posted 30 June 2016 - 07:11 AM

perfect In a other Universe ,not the Battletech-Universe ..that not a only big stompy Robot universe , its a compex Universe like Star Wars or Star Trek .

#66 762 NATO

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 312 posts
  • LocationUnder the desk of the Magestrix of Canopus

Posted 07 July 2016 - 02:13 AM

Yep. Was totes going for "The People's Hero" chievo. Nah EFF that, not worth it anymore. You want to piss all over my mediums? I will just run heavies and lights. Or just heavies. Cuz the MM needed help there. #NeverForgetMediums. "Game balance? What's that? -PGI"

#67 Aerei

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 127 posts

Posted 08 July 2016 - 08:35 AM

Maybe I'm in the minority, but I've scarcely noticed the increase in size for my mechs. It could be the fact that while mediums got a little bigger, lights and heavies (for the most part), got a lot bigger. The only real exceptions to the relative size i see are in the Catapult, Quickdraw, and Thunderbolt. Thunderbolt still has a barrel chest torso that's easy to isolate hitboxes, Catapult has a snub nose that you can shoot off, and the Quickdraw...okay yeah, that's definitely small, but the quirks were reduced, and it's on the light end of heavies, so eh.

Compare to Warhammers, Grasshoppers, and Black Knights, though...

#68 xxSSKxx

• Pip
  • Bad Company
  • 17 posts

Posted 03 December 2016 - 11:58 PM

They made the 45ton Phoneix Hawk taller than the 75ton Heavy Marauder. All I can say is please send me some of the drugs the guy that desided that was smoking. He was so fried he didnt understand a mech half the weight should be shorter.

#69 Weepy Wanebow

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 171 posts

Posted 25 January 2017 - 07:55 AM

The trebuchet, centurion, and kintaro all need a serous rescaling.

The trebuchet's arms need to be made smaller and the mech needs to be made to stand no taller then the centurion, it is easily the size of the average heavy and is a joke for just about anyone...it I a enemy fire catcher and I so easy to put down that I honesty fee bad for the people who spent any amount of mc or cbills on any of them, The exchange rate makes that a serious kick in the family jewels....like it hurts my heart when I see someone in a Trebuchet, I want to track that person down and give that person a hug in real life.

The Centurion needs to be made skinnier in front profile. The Mech it is based on is a fairly skinny mech, The one in MWO is like someone on a defensive line in football. I think it is the right height and its arms and legs are good but it is just so wide. I'm not sure if it can be narrowed out just a bit but I think that would make it better. Maybe it's arms make it so wide, I'm not sure what the right approach is but yeah....mech looks like it is seconds way form tackling a quarterback.

The Kintaro is a wide hipped mech. That's what is has always been known for. But the Kintaro in MWO is one of the tallest mediums, if not the tallest medium. The Kintaro also happens to be the second widest medium mech in the game and is wider in front silhouette then some heavy mechs. It needs to be shorter (closer to the centurion) and maybe narrowed out.

#70 SlightlyMobileTurret

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Lance Corporal
  • 718 posts

Posted 25 January 2017 - 08:03 PM

The TBT-5J is probably one of the better medium mechs at its role, so atleast one strong point for the Treb chassis as a whole.

Kintaro is definitely too big.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users