#21 C E Dwyer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,274 posts
  • LocationHiding in the periphery, from Bounty Hunters

Posted 18 June 2016 - 02:42 AM

Highlander and Exe got bigger ?

Also again the mechs without lights look rather bland, are they going to be re lit in further patches ?

Haven't looked at the I.S ones but it seems there is a running theme of penalising Humanoids size wise for the most part, Hell bringer got a reduction, while chicken walkers are getting size reductions

#22 Peter Overheater

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 119 posts
  • LocationGazorpazorp

Posted 18 June 2016 - 03:38 AM

So PGI, what have you done to the EXE, my favorite Mech? :( This is very sad, i hope you compensate with some structure Quirks...

#23 PlanetBeater7

Rookie

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 9 posts
  • LocationTerra, sitting at my computer and controling a giant war machine

Posted 18 June 2016 - 05:22 AM

PGI, you have it all wrong, the EXE needed to get smaller and the dire needed to be bigger, what have you done?

#24 Samedi Wretch

• PipPipPip
  • 91 posts

Posted 18 June 2016 - 10:34 AM

I'm really worried about the EXE as well. I would have been okay with it if he had gotten a little chunkier, rather than uniformly stretched (i.e., taller), as he was already kinda svelte for a 95 tonner. Chunkier legs and side torsos wouldn't have impacted his ability to use cover. As it stands, it looks like he'll be ungainly large.

#25 Nesutizale

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 3,239 posts

Posted 18 June 2016 - 01:49 PM

What happend to the Highlander? Its allready quite high and on the Polar map your head will stick out like no other mech..okay Exe may have the same problem.
Still with that you won't find me anywhere near the front line, where assaults should be...I think. The torsos width is about the same as the Dire Wolf, so thats kinda ok, but the hight...keep the old hight please.

#26 Fireeagle

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Undertaker
  • The Undertaker
  • 416 posts

Posted 18 June 2016 - 03:36 PM

i would love to see the Direwolf with an more "avanoid" Walking style this one Looks more like he tries to walk like a humanoid....

#27 Andi Nagasia

Volunteer Moderator

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 5,982 posts

Posted 18 June 2016 - 04:17 PM

I would have Loved for them to have Shortened the WarHawks upper arms like in the Pictures,
Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image

#28 TELEFORCE

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ardent
  • The Ardent
  • 1,549 posts

Posted 18 June 2016 - 04:20 PM

I wish they moved the arm missile hardpoint of the Warhawk to its arm's shoulder like in the TRO: 3050U illustration.

After taking another look at the Dire Wolf, I don't think it became as scrunched lengthwise as I thought. I'd still prefer it longer like it is in other artwork, but thankfully it still really isn't as pudgy as its renditions in MW3 and MW4. And its cockpit/nose area does make its frontal profile look better.

#29 oldradagast

• Philanthropist
  • 4,833 posts

Posted 19 June 2016 - 06:00 AM

RIP Executioner and Highlander 2C

Man, and I though the pre rescale Awesome was easy to torso shoot at ranges... these guys are the new standards on "barn door" I think.

#30 RePlayBoy101

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • 408 posts

Posted 20 June 2016 - 03:16 AM

direwold shuld have a longer nose and sit lower to the ground

Posted Image
Posted Image

Edited by RePlayBoy101, 20 June 2016 - 03:18 AM.

#31 Jack N Dew

Rookie

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 8 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted 20 June 2016 - 02:33 PM

View PostSLICKNIFTY, on 17 June 2016 - 04:03 PM, said:

So almost all the IS mechs got bigger and all the clan mechs got smaller. Fair. Posted Image

Yup seems IS targets got bigger and Clan targets got smaller for the most part. Glad i like the people i run with. It's the only thing that is stopping me from removing the Client

#32 Solis Obscuri

Don't Care How I Want It Now!

• The DeathRain
  • The DeathRain
  • 4,751 posts
  • LocationPomme de Terre

Posted 20 June 2016 - 04:13 PM

Surprised to see the DW and Warhawk get so much smaller and the Executioner get so much bigger.

Narrowing the CT and widening the side torsos on the DW made sense, but with the rescale now I think its the smallest target profile in its weight class. Same for the Warhawk, really, it might be smaller than the Stalker now.

The Executioner had seemed about spot on, with the increase I think it might be the biggest mech in the game.

#33 SlightlyMobileTurret

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Lance Corporal
  • 718 posts

Posted 21 June 2016 - 05:31 AM

View PostPlanetBeater7, on 18 June 2016 - 05:22 AM, said:

PGI, you have it all wrong, the EXE needed to get smaller and the dire needed to be bigger, what have you done?

What the duck?

The DWF needed to get bigger? you got your kodiaks, atleast let us pilot the damn whale in peace Posted Image

#34 SlightlyMobileTurret

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Lance Corporal
  • 718 posts

Posted 21 June 2016 - 05:41 AM

View PostSolis Obscuri, on 20 June 2016 - 04:13 PM, said:

Surprised to see the DW and Warhawk get so much smaller and the Executioner get so much bigger.

Narrowing the CT and widening the side torsos on the DW made sense, but with the rescale now I think its the smallest target profile in its weight class. Same for the Warhawk, really, it might be smaller than the Stalker now.

The Executioner had seemed about spot on, with the increase I think it might be the biggest mech in the game.

The Dire wolf has a better profile now, but I'm 99% sure it still should be easy to shoot CT on it even with a great pilot (generally), and the torso twist on the dire is just molasses, you need to use legs + mouse to turn an okay angle.

The stalker is still a good bit smaller than Warhawk (frontal), but it still has the same side profile issues.

What they did with the EXE is pretty sad though. It still should be pretty darn agile for its size (40% accel/decel/twist/turn + MASC and an XL-380).

Let's not forget, EXE is far less of a giant walking torso, compared to the Banshee.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Then again, I can see why it can be a huge turn-off when you want to hop into one.

#35 H E I D I

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 535 posts
  • Locationunterhalb der Schwarzkiefer

Posted 21 June 2016 - 11:51 AM

@Pgi

Make my Dire bigger please... ! 100t vs 100t .. now looks like 120t (Atlas) and 80t (Dire) Posted Image

Edited by H E I D I, 21 June 2016 - 12:07 PM.

#36 Akillius

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Corsair
  • The Corsair
  • 484 posts

Posted 21 June 2016 - 03:24 PM

I'm a bit surprised no one joked that PGI made the IS bigger so clanners can hit them now.

But on a serious note, I agree the warhawk should've been remodeled a bit more like the old drawings +previous games. Because the current MWO design looks a lot like a dire, which it gets mistaken for 99.9% of the time and ultimately targeted/hunted by everyone because of it.

#37 SlightlyMobileTurret

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Lance Corporal
  • 718 posts

Posted 22 June 2016 - 04:40 AM

View PostH E I D I, on 21 June 2016 - 11:51 AM, said:

@Pgi

Make my Dire bigger please... ! 100t vs 100t .. now looks like 120t (Atlas) and 80t (Dire) Posted Image

Perhaps Dires turning, moving and twisting far slower is not enough of a difference?

#38 Lily from animove

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 13,891 posts
  • LocationOn a dropship to Terra

Posted 22 June 2016 - 04:54 AM

View PostH E I D I, on 21 June 2016 - 11:51 AM, said:

@Pgi

How much CT does a dire show form the side and the atlas? That matters.actually the atlas gettign bigegr is an advantage, because now hotting his head (CT) will not be workign as easy anymore for soem emchs beign smaller and closer as this makes the line of fire crossing the shoulder/arm of the atlas instead of hiting the head as it was possible before.

View PostCathy, on 18 June 2016 - 02:42 AM, said:

Highlander and Exe got bigger ?

Also again the mechs without lights look rather bland, are they going to be re lit in further patches ?

Haven't looked at the I.S ones but it seems there is a running theme of penalising Humanoids size wise for the most part, Hell bringer got a reduction, while chicken walkers are getting size reductions

most humanise demchs have betetr side profiles than the chcikenwalkers (which often come with long noses) so that kinda equals it out. In fact most humanised mechs are better due to this ability makign them able to hide the CT efficiently

#39 MW Waldorf Statler

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,457 posts
  • LocationGermany/Berlin

Posted 22 June 2016 - 08:43 AM

im never more play a WH40k PC game ...all units and the hitzones totally unbalanced Posted Image Posted Image !!!Rescale ,make the tiny Eldar scaled up , scale the Chaos Warrior (with all this Hitzone Horns of the Helmets) and the cyclone (with this giant Rockettubes) Termi down

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Edited by Old MW4 Ranger, 22 June 2016 - 08:46 AM.

#40 jistincaes

Rookie

• The Sickle
  • The Sickle
  • 2 posts

Posted 22 June 2016 - 02:54 PM

What the heck happend to the kd3. A spider with a couple of machine guns can strip all the weapons off in a heart beat. Is there some sort of flaw with the patch.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users