84 replies to this topic

#81 PhoenixFire55

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 5,725 posts
  • LocationSt.Petersburg / Outreach

Posted 23 June 2016 - 01:01 AM

Its pretty much PGI < anything. No news there.

#82 Galenit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,198 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 23 June 2016 - 01:45 AM

Is there any other game that needs a hotfix after every patch?

Sure, **** can happen and sometimes you need a hotfix ...
... but every patch?

For me, that says more then enough about pgi ...

Edited by Galenit, 23 June 2016 - 01:45 AM.

#83 MeiSooHaityu

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 10,912 posts
  • LocationMI

Posted 23 June 2016 - 02:25 AM

View PostEximar, on 22 June 2016 - 01:57 PM, said:

HBS took in so much money for their kickstarter and all they've decided to develop is chess with 'mechs. Move one, attack if you can, then your opponent does the same.

It's an abomination with less functionality than Megamek.

They had the funds to design a serious tactical wargame, but the decisions they've made so far are incomprehensible and indefensible. Sorry I backed it.

Lol Wut?

It was always advertised as a tactical turn based RPG, the game theme never changed during the Kickstater. It's not like they pulled a fast one on anybody. If you don't like those kind of games, and knowing what it was, why did you back it?

Besides, since you backed it anyway, give it a try when it releases and you might like it (assuming we don't have Mighty No Fail syndrome, but I doubt that will happen).

#84 Eximar

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 911 posts
  • LocationStill living in 3025

Posted 24 June 2016 - 11:28 AM

View PostMeiSooHaityu, on 23 June 2016 - 02:25 AM, said:

It was always advertised as a tactical turn based RPG, the game theme never changed during the Kickstater.

That is a true statement, but there was no reason to assume it would be a stripped down version of the TT game. You won't even be able to use your weapons on multiple targets.

They had an opportunity to make a rich, varied game with serious tactical decision making, but so far, that's not what they've shown us.

Any BT fan wants the game to be good so it will sell, be further developed, and last, and that's the only thing I'm concerned about.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users