84 replies to this topic

#1 Claxton Weathers

• PipPipPip
  • The Sickle
  • The Sickle
  • 75 posts
  • LocationInner Sphere

Posted 22 June 2016 - 03:51 AM

PGI will never receive another dime from me, always going 2 steps forward and 3 steps back. What a ******* joke....

#2 invernomuto

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 1,065 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 22 June 2016 - 03:55 AM

View PostClaxton Weathers, on 22 June 2016 - 03:51 AM, said:

PGI will never receive another dime from me, always going 2 steps forward and 3 steps back. What a ******* joke....

While there is an issue with the minimap, I think instead that this patch is overall positive.

#3 El Bandito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 22 June 2016 - 03:59 AM

View Postinvernomuto, on 22 June 2016 - 03:55 AM, said:

While there is an issue with the minimap, I think instead that this patch is overall positive.

Yep.

#4 Brandarr Gunnarson

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 847 posts

Posted 22 June 2016 - 04:02 AM

Same. Overall good; one glaring issue that overshadows it.

I even like that the minimap is static and we turn on it. That allows us to direct people north, south, east and west much easier. But the zoom ruins it and that's all people focus on.

#5 Claxton Weathers

• PipPipPip
  • The Sickle
  • The Sickle
  • 75 posts
  • LocationInner Sphere

Posted 22 June 2016 - 04:11 AM

That 18 million cbills I've spent on seismic was a ******* waste. That is a month of playing on the short end. The command wheel gets open and has a mind of its own. Who in the **** ever mentioned anything wrong with the mini map, when was that ever an issue. Why would someone just assume to fix something that wasn't broke? Maybe a few tweaks to it here and there but to be so goddamn lost to start a match after playing this game for this long, I feel like you have to completely re-learn how to maneuver the mech\map. John Weisman knows what the battletech community wants and wait and see. When HBS's Battletech comes out, watch the troves of people leaving this pos behind

#6 SnagaDance

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 1,860 posts
  • LocationThe Netherlands

Posted 22 June 2016 - 04:22 AM

Dude, chill: http://mwomercs.com/...ng-new-mini-map

#7 TexAce

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2,861 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 22 June 2016 - 04:24 AM

View PostClaxton Weathers, on 22 June 2016 - 04:11 AM, said:

That 18 million cbills I've spent on seismic was a ******* waste. That is a month of playing on the short end. The command wheel gets open and has a mind of its own. Who in the **** ever mentioned anything wrong with the mini map, when was that ever an issue. Why would someone just assume to fix something that wasn't broke? Maybe a few tweaks to it here and there but to be so goddamn lost to start a match after playing this game for this long, I feel like you have to completely re-learn how to maneuver the mech\map. John Weisman knows what the battletech community wants and wait and see. When HBS's Battletech comes out, watch the troves of people leaving this pos behind

Ma'am I'd strongly advise you to calm your ****.

#8 MeiSooHaityu

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 10,912 posts
  • LocationMI

Posted 22 June 2016 - 04:26 AM

While I generally have much more faith in HBS over PGI, HBS hasn't delivered me a Battletech Game yet so I don't have much to go on yet :).

I'll say this though, I'm playing the first Shadow Run game now and it seems pretty solid and fun. If that is any indicator, I am pretty confident Battletech will be more like Shovel Knight (quality and fun) and less like Mighty No 9 (all hype and no substance) lol.

As a side note, HBS has a far less daunting task to perform. Battletech is probably an easier game to make compared to MWO and with their experience with Shadow Run, it's much more familiar territory. This compared to PGI's previous experience which is making console ports and Bass fishing games. This is why I think PGI is a bit over there head when it comes to a game like this.

#9 CygnusX7

• 1,803 posts
  • LocationA desolate moon circling a desolate planet

Posted 22 June 2016 - 04:28 AM

The incessant self centered whining around here is getting old.

inbeforeimtheonewhining.

#10 Prof RJ Gumby

• The People's Hero
  • 1,061 posts

Posted 22 June 2016 - 04:29 AM

Don't fret, they'll fix it this week. Thankfully, all we needed is to wage a sh*tstorm of epic proportions. GG community! Posted Image

There was a need to change the map at least a bit, to allow it to show command wheel requests and stuff. As to (other) mechs' arrows on it - Russ mentioned somewhere that they eat up a bit too much latency for their own good, removing them makes space for e.g. more complex heat system.

Their fault was to introduce the map unfinished, without testing, without some key features, and without asking for any feedback. Veeery bad decision, true. But they promised to fix their mistake this week, so if they'll deliver, I'm fine with them

After the fix, the map will look like that:
Posted Image

Also, don't be so sure HBS is so great until you actually play their game. I don't remember when I last seen a hyped game that didn't turn out to be way overhyped.

Edited by Prof RJ Gumby, 22 June 2016 - 04:30 AM.

#11 PyckenZot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 7
  • Mercenary Rank 7
  • 870 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationAnderlecht, Belgium

Posted 22 June 2016 - 04:30 AM

View PostBrandarr Gunnarson, on 22 June 2016 - 04:02 AM, said:

Same. Overall good; one glaring issue that overshadows it.

I even like that the minimap is static and we turn on it. That allows us to direct people north, south, east and west much easier. But the zoom ruins it and that's all people focus on.

For me it's the complete opposite.
I love the full map view but hate that it doesn't rotate with me.
And as such we once prove you can't please all,...

To the OP, this is one of the better patches.

#12 Claxton Weathers

• PipPipPip
  • The Sickle
  • The Sickle
  • 75 posts
  • LocationInner Sphere

Posted 22 June 2016 - 04:31 AM

View PostTexAce, on 22 June 2016 - 04:24 AM, said:

Ma'am I'd strongly advise you to calm your ****.

Do i do that with my right or left hand?

#13 invernomuto

• Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 1,065 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 22 June 2016 - 04:31 AM

I am not a white knight of PGI but:
1) a hot fix is already scheduled and will bring the minimap very similar to the previous one;
2) they changed the minimap because people, here, wanted some sort of information warfare. If you have a minimap that display only a small portion of the battlefield and gives to you all the relevant informations about the enemy (like distance and direction), information warfare won't be effective. I agree with you that there are issues with the current minimap, but they changed (ok, broken) it for some - interesting - reasons. Let's see how things will develop before complaining.
3) I really hope that HBS Battletech game will be a huge success, BUT MWO and HBS Battletech will remain different games: One is a Mechwarrior game (first person mech "sim"), the other is a turn based strategical game based on the TT. I really hope that they do not make a direct conversion of the TT game for PC, because, usually, this kind of conversions does not work...

Edited by invernomuto, 22 June 2016 - 04:33 AM.

#14 MeiSooHaityu

• Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 10,912 posts
  • LocationMI

Posted 22 June 2016 - 04:38 AM

View PostProf RJ Gumby, on 22 June 2016 - 04:29 AM, said:

Also, don't be so sure HBS is so great until you actually play their game. I don't remember when I last seen a hyped game that didn't turn out to be way overhyped.

That's very true.

I'm affraid the hype train for Battletech might be gaining a bit too much steam lol.

IMO, I'd play the Shadow Run games they made previously and expect Battletech to deliver an equal quality experience to that (if not maybe a bit better since they have gained experience since then).

Shadow Run is a fun and solid game, but it isn't AAA material by a long shot. Again, this doesn't mean it's bad, Shadow Run is really good so far, but it just helps keep expectations in check.

#15 Claxton Weathers

• PipPipPip
  • The Sickle
  • The Sickle
  • 75 posts
  • LocationInner Sphere

Posted 22 June 2016 - 04:39 AM

Why release a half baked product, just to fix it and piss people off? That's all I see

#16 Thorn Hallis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,902 posts
  • LocationUnited States of Paranoia

Posted 22 June 2016 - 04:39 AM

And not a single f*** was given that day.

#17 Alistair Winter

• Storm
  • Storm
  • 10,823 posts
  • LocationBergen, Norway, FRR

Posted 22 June 2016 - 04:41 AM

2 steps forward, 3 steps back?

This time, it's more like 9 steps forward, 1 step back, and everyone is focusing on the 1 step back. There's a lot of positive stuff going on this summer. All the players who don't see it, all the players who are threatening to leave the game...

Good. Bye bye now. I guess this isn't the game for you.

View PostCygnusX7, on 22 June 2016 - 04:28 AM, said:

The incessant self centered whining around here is getting old.
inbeforeimtheonewhining.

I agree. Awesome sig tho. Who made it, what inspired it? Looks wonderfully 80's, but I don't recognise it.

#18 invernomuto

• Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 1,065 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 22 June 2016 - 04:43 AM

View PostClaxton Weathers, on 22 June 2016 - 04:39 AM, said:

Why release a half baked product, just to fix it and piss people off? That's all I see

That's true.
I do not know why they do not use the PST or - at least - form a group of trusted beta testers that will help them to make this kind of errors. However, this does not change the things that in this patch there are some very good things that are overshadowed by one BIG issue.

Edited by invernomuto, 22 June 2016 - 04:45 AM.

#19 Aetes Nakatomi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 571 posts
  • LocationCambridgeshire, England

Posted 22 June 2016 - 04:50 AM

Tired of reading nonsense from people. Even zoomed out the minimap is still better than nothing. Is it good? No. Is it the worst thing ever devised my mankind? No.

People need to cool their jets and stop acting like little children (unless they are little children). There is a hotfix on the way, but more importantly... THIS IS A COMPUTER GAME! Stop fretting over it, play something else or watch some Netflix until the hotfix is implemented.

#20 MOBAjobg

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 303 posts

Posted 22 June 2016 - 04:51 AM

Please be rational and it's not the end of the world.

There're some positive things that have been implemented with the new mini map. Keep cool.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users