#41 STEF_

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nocturnal
  • The Nocturnal
  • 5,443 posts
  • Locationmy cockpit

Posted 29 June 2016 - 05:14 AM

View PostProcurator Derek, on 29 June 2016 - 05:09 AM, said:

The reason why you act like you're talking to kids is because you want to believe they are.

No, it's because PXH has sunny clear issues, but many say it's ok EVEN THOUGH there are real numbers proving that.

Also, I wrote many times it needs arm structure, not laserboat ones.
(althogh 1 variant has 8 energy hardpoints.... and no serious quirks whatsoever....meanwhile BJ-1X has them! What a balance, uh?)

#42 Scout Derek

• The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 8,016 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationSomewhere where you'll probably never go to

Posted 29 June 2016 - 05:19 AM

View PostStefka Kerensky, on 29 June 2016 - 05:14 AM, said:

No, it's because PXH has sunny clear issues, but many say it's ok EVEN THOUGH there are real numbers proving that.

Also, I wrote many times it needs arm structure, not laserboat ones.
(althogh 1 variant has 8 energy hardpoints.... and no serious quirks whatsoever....meanwhile BJ-1X has them! What a balance, uh?)

Ehh.....

I never said it was okay, It was directed towards Cue. End of story.

Meanwhile the 1 Phoenix Hawk variant with 8E as to the Blackjack with them but better quirks.... maybe because the Hawk is more agile in general and more flexible. ( Speed, Movement, Jump Jets)

#43 Bud Crue

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 9,933 posts
  • LocationOn the farm in central Minnesota

Posted 29 June 2016 - 05:26 AM

View PostProcurator Derek, on 29 June 2016 - 05:05 AM, said:

I think this was directed more towards you after you said this:

You said your theory was flushed after the Rescale...

but not really, it dates back to complaints in the current threads I pulled up.

People hated energy boats, and thus PGI took that feedback and APPLIED it to future mechs, in this case generic +10% energy range, cool down, and now the current state of quirks of the Phoenix Hawk.

Quoting would've been less confusing, sorry about that.

Thanks Derek,

Now i understand. I agree that there is a history of this, but if "my" theory isn't flushed I think it is riddled with so many exceptions as to make it useless.

#44 TheLuc

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 746 posts

Posted 29 June 2016 - 05:49 AM

the PHX is a loved icon of the BT universe and i am sure that Alex had to work with restrained parameters to put his vision of the Phoenix Hawk. The first Mech to hold a weapon which so far we didn't had and also many others are supposed to have a disposable weapon ( The Battlemaster comes to mind ) so its a first and also a fail.

While Alex did a good job overall, the end result is not really good, that is hardly his fault. the actual gun should have been an option ( just like the clans with the arm actuators and hands ) to give the choice to the player, yeah might loose an energy hard point in the process but still an option.

like many clan Mechs, weapons are only in the arms, clearly meant to be played as a light Mech with the armor of a medium. About Quirks, seriously guys just ignore those, they might change at any given time, its really not something we can count on.

If I had a PHX-1, Id go for this http://mwo.smurfy-ne...50689290218fb05

but that's just me.

#45 Felicitatem Parco

Professor of Memetics

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,522 posts
  • LocationIs Being Obscured By ECM

Posted 29 June 2016 - 11:30 AM

Why would anyone sane say "ignore quirks" ?

Do you think Clan Gauss = IS Gauss? ClanXL = IS XL? Hunchback Right Torso being no stronger than a trebuchet's RT? The Stalker H variant?

I am sorry, but quirks of some sort are needed. They should not be ignored or we are stuck Meta'ing based solely on hardpoint locations and engine caps. Quirks, alone, give many Mechs their only reason to exist at all.

Edited by Prosperity Park, 29 June 2016 - 11:31 AM.

#46 Mechwarrior1441491

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,157 posts

Posted 29 June 2016 - 11:58 AM

2LPL 3 MGs Flamer.

Mg'd 4 mechs to death the last time I played this.

#47 Red Shrike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,042 posts
  • LocationThe Rock

Posted 29 June 2016 - 12:32 PM

The quirks are not quirks, they're straight up buffs or nerfs.

Spoiler

A quirk is your Atlas pulling a little to the right.

#48 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 29 June 2016 - 12:35 PM

View PostStefka Kerensky, on 28 June 2016 - 11:48 PM, said:

I called it...and so many others called it too.

https://mwomercs.com...s?t=201606mechs

Take a look at PXH leaderboards and compare them with previous similar events, above all with Rifleman, or the Holiday event with origin 2C, raven etc.

Don't stop into the top of the leaderboards, take a look from the beginning to down below, from top tier pilots to 50° position.

It is interesting to note how bad PXH was made by

1 ) utterly BAD volumetric rescale,
2 ) arms (blown off soooo easily)
3 ) hilarious useless quirks

How is possible that pgi that notoriusly perfecly know what to do, and do not need any suggestion from playerbase"... screwed up a nice unseen and iconic mech like the PXH....?

And when everybody with a lil grain of salt in the gray matter was calling this failure of balance, as soon as, screenshots was published (quite same height than griffin), and crap quirks was published.
Why did some players call it, and propose some changes, while pgi totally ignores issues about their own and ONLY product: mechs?

All balance fixes in MWO brought to you courtesy of the Dartboard of Destiny.

#49 Coolant

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,079 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 29 June 2016 - 01:11 PM

I don't agree with the sarcasm of the OP, but I do agree with the main point that the Phoenix Hawks are garbage. I regret the purchase. But, hopefully a quirk pass in the future will make them viable. I probably won't take them out again until that happens.

#50 cazidin

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 4,259 posts

Posted 29 June 2016 - 01:21 PM

View PostNarcissistic Martyr, on 29 June 2016 - 02:45 AM, said:

It's better to start underquirked and buff than overquirked and nerf. Lots less bitching that way.

That's debatable. It seems, to me, that a mech that's underquirked on release will get a LOT more complaints than one that's overquirked and when the latter is finally nerfed few complain, unless it enters underquirked territory.

#51 Mystere

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 22,783 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 29 June 2016 - 01:40 PM

View PostRed Shrike, on 29 June 2016 - 02:27 AM, said:

I don't give a rat's *** about quirks.

Yep. A large chunk of the player base is already addicted to them like corner junkies.

#52 Felicitatem Parco

Professor of Memetics

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,522 posts

Posted 29 June 2016 - 03:03 PM

View PostMystere, on 29 June 2016 - 01:40 PM, said:

Yep. A large chunk of the player base is already addicted to them like corner junkies.

Tell ya what, we can drop all quirks once IS Mechs can survive a XL sidecore, drop the weight of IS Gauss to 12 tons, increase all IS laser ranges, abandon TT max armor limitations, raise the Dragon Mechs arms and remove the LAA, halve the weight of IS SRM launchers, unlock equipment for the warhawk and summoner, reduce the effectiveness of Clan weapons/equipment to match the effectiveness of IS equipment on a per-ton and per-slot basis, and normalize the number of hardpoints across all Mechs in the game. Okay?

Edited by Prosperity Park, 29 June 2016 - 03:04 PM.

#53 Mystere

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 22,783 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 29 June 2016 - 03:14 PM

View PostProsperity Park, on 29 June 2016 - 03:03 PM, said:

Tell ya what, we can drop all quirks once IS Mechs can survive a XL sidecore, drop the weight of IS Gauss to 12 tons, increase all IS laser ranges, abandon TT max armor limitations, raise the Dragon Mechs arms and remove the LAA, halve the weight of IS SRM launchers, unlock equipment for the warhawk and summoner, reduce the effectiveness of Clan weapons/equipment to match the effectiveness of IS equipment on a per-ton and per-slot basis, and normalize the number of hardpoints across all Mechs in the game. Okay?

I'd rather we go for 10 Clan vs. 12 IS instead. Posted Image

#54 Felicitatem Parco

Professor of Memetics

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,522 posts

Posted 29 June 2016 - 03:26 PM

View PostMystere, on 29 June 2016 - 03:14 PM, said:

I'd rather we go for 10 Clan vs. 12 IS instead. Posted Image
so you would prefer to make a blanket change that makes the game more fun for half the players and less fun for the other half? You would get half of the players the feeling of being in more powerful and faster mechs with more targets to shoot at and more kills to achieve, and you would make half of the players use slower and weaker Mechs and have fewer targets to share amongst your teammates. Yeah that sounds fair. Oh wait now that I think about it that's not fair at all to the entire inner sphere faction. That sounds extremely selfish.

You want Clan players to have that exclusive feeling of being the hero character that are more powerful than his enemies, and inner sphere pilot need to be those weak little enemies that die very easily. Basically, what you suggested is that clan players should be in Better Mechs and IS players should be in crappy equipment.

Edited by Prosperity Park, 29 June 2016 - 03:29 PM.

#55 ScarecrowES

• Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 2,812 posts
  • LocationDefending the Cordon, Arc-Royal

Posted 29 June 2016 - 03:28 PM

View PostProsperity Park, on 29 June 2016 - 03:26 PM, said:

Oh wait now that I think about it that's not fair at all to the entire inner sphere faction.

You know what was also not fair at all to the entire Inner Sphere faction? The Clan Invasion. ;)

#56 Felicitatem Parco

Professor of Memetics

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,522 posts

Posted 29 June 2016 - 03:30 PM

View PostScarecrowES, on 29 June 2016 - 03:28 PM, said:

You know what was also not fair at all to the entire Inner Sphere faction? The Clan Invasion. ;)

No you are right. This game should be 10 vs 12. Also Clan mechs are not allowed to gang up on targets so they are not allowed to use focused fire. Clan mechs can only be used for 1v1 combat but inner sphere pilots should be allowed to gang up on Clan Mechs to utilize Focus fire. Inner sphere pilot should also be able to use tactical nuclear weapons and other dirty equipment and clan mechs cannot.

That is what all 10 vs 12 people are suggesting and I think that is a terrible suggestion so I will not endorse it.

Edited by Prosperity Park, 29 June 2016 - 03:32 PM.

#57 NocturnalBeast

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,685 posts
  • LocationDusting off my Mechs.

Posted 29 June 2016 - 03:57 PM

View PostProsperity Park, on 29 June 2016 - 03:03 PM, said:

IS Mechs are not supposed to survive a side-core in "A BATTLETECH GAME", eventually the timeline will be advanced and you will get Light Fusion Engines so until then use a standard engine or deal with the risk of using an IS XL. Other than leg-hugging lights and some hit registration issues on certain Mechs, the game is pretty well balanced. Balance in this game should not be all Mechs in parity, it should be that both sides have Mechs that can fill similar roles effectively.

Edited by Ed Steele, 29 June 2016 - 03:57 PM.

#58 NocturnalBeast

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,685 posts
  • LocationDusting off my Mechs.

Posted 29 June 2016 - 04:01 PM

View PostCoolant, on 29 June 2016 - 01:11 PM, said:

I don't agree with the sarcasm of the OP, but I do agree with the main point that the Phoenix Hawks are garbage. I regret the purchase. But, hopefully a quirk pass in the future will make them viable. I probably won't take them out again until that happens.

The Phoenix Hawk's weakness is that all / most of its weapons are mounted on the arms, but its strength is its speed and maneuverability.

#59 Moldur

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 2,234 posts

Posted 29 June 2016 - 04:04 PM

People want the big pistol arms, people want the iconic-ism. Then people complain it has bad hitbox and geometry.

#60 Baulven

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 984 posts

Posted 29 June 2016 - 04:06 PM

View PostProsperity Park, on 29 June 2016 - 03:30 PM, said:

No you are right. This game should be 10 vs 12. Also Clan mechs are not allowed to gang up on targets so they are not allowed to use focused fire. Clan mechs can only be used for 1v1 combat but inner sphere pilots should be allowed to gang up on Clan Mechs to utilize Focus fire. Inner sphere pilot should also be able to use tactical nuclear weapons and other dirty equipment and clan mechs cannot.

That is what all 10 vs 12 people are suggesting and I think that is a terrible suggestion so I will not endorse it.

The moment IS breaks zell rules it becomes a free for all in any lore sources I have seen. Zell is how clans prefer to fight but it isn't a free all you can eat buffet for the IS

12 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 12 guests, 0 anonymous users