#61 Mystere

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 22,783 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 29 June 2016 - 04:07 PM

View PostProsperity Park, on 29 June 2016 - 03:26 PM, said:

so you would prefer to make a blanket change that makes the game more fun for half the players and less fun for the other half? You would get half of the players the feeling of being in more powerful and faster mechs with more targets to shoot at and more kills to achieve, and you would make half of the players use slower and weaker Mechs and have fewer targets to share amongst your teammates. Yeah that sounds fair. Oh wait now that I think about it that's not fair at all to the entire inner sphere faction. That sounds extremely selfish.

You want Clan players to have that exclusive feeling of being the hero character that are more powerful than his enemies, and inner sphere pilot need to be those weak little enemies that die very easily. Basically, what you suggested is that clan players should be in Better Mechs and IS players should be in crappy equipment.

You make it sound like it's a handful of heroes fighting against an endless horde. Posted Image

It is only 10 vs.12 for crying out loud! All your talk of "not fair" and "selfish" is bordering on exaggeration if not already crossing into it. It also shows a lack of imagination in several areas:
  • game modes
  • maps
  • reward system
  • campaign and battle setups
  • victory conditions
  • equipment differences (e.g. individualized HUD, sensors, and data communications vs. team-oriented ones)
It's the same kind of thought process that is completely preventing us from having something like a siege-type game mode with traditional 3:1 ratios and other asymmetric game modes, whether Clan vs. Clan, IS vs. IS, or Clan vs. IS.

Instead all we have is 12v12 attack, 12v12 counterattack, and 4v4 scouting missions. Bbbbbbooooorrrrriiiinnnnggggg!!!

No wonder this eSport wannabe of a game is getting staler than 100 year old stale bread. <shrugs>

View PostProsperity Park, on 29 June 2016 - 03:30 PM, said:

No you are right. This game should be 10 vs 12. Also Clan mechs are not allowed to gang up on targets so they are not allowed to use focused fire. Clan mechs can only be used for 1v1 combat but inner sphere pilots should be allowed to gang up on Clan Mechs to utilize Focus fire. Inner sphere pilot should also be able to use tactical nuclear weapons and other dirty equipment and clan mechs cannot.

That is what all 10 vs 12 people are suggesting and I think that is a terrible suggestion so I will not endorse it.

As I said, this game is plagued by a complete lack of imagination. Sigh.

Edited by Mystere, 29 June 2016 - 04:20 PM.

#62 NocturnalBeast

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,685 posts
  • LocationDusting off my Mechs.

Posted 29 June 2016 - 04:38 PM

View PostBaulven, on 29 June 2016 - 04:06 PM, said:

The moment IS breaks zell rules it becomes a free for all in any lore sources I have seen. Zell is how clans prefer to fight but it isn't a free all you can eat buffet for the IS

After the battle of Tukayyid Clans only adhered to Zellbrigen against opponents who agreed to do the same.

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users