Operation: Frontline Faction Play Event

433 replies to this topic

#381 Robauke

Rookie

• The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 5 posts

Posted 08 July 2016 - 11:24 AM

i completed all scouting challenges and am somewhat exited for the grand prize, but nothing yet. Did i overlook how to claim the promised medium?

NVM, found it. If anyone faces the same issue, it is the only thing you have to claim on the event website.

Edited by Robauke, 08 July 2016 - 11:25 AM.

#382 Pz_DC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Private
  • 1,108 posts

Posted 08 July 2016 - 12:44 PM

Today i've got disco every 5 min of waiting with 'unknown failure". Join a queue, alt-tab while waiting = DC. Joun again, no alt-tab - Dc in 5 mins. Join queue, 20 min waiting - DC. What's going on?!..

#383 MovinTarget

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Field Marshal
  • Field Marshal
  • 3,831 posts
  • LocationGreen Acres

Posted 08 July 2016 - 03:14 PM

View PostMGA121285, on 08 July 2016 - 12:44 PM, said:

Today i've got disco every 5 min of waiting with 'unknown failure". Join a queue, alt-tab while waiting = DC. Joun again, no alt-tab - Dc in 5 mins. Join queue, 20 min waiting - DC. What's going on?!..

I play windowed now and avoid alt-tabbing...

#384 Jeronimo25

• PipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • 22 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 08 July 2016 - 03:30 PM

Lots of ghost drops lately.... -_-

#385 D V Devnull

• 4,297 posts

Posted 08 July 2016 - 04:54 PM

View PostMovinTarget, on 08 July 2016 - 03:14 PM, said:

View PostMGA121285, on 08 July 2016 - 12:44 PM, said:

I play windowed now and avoid alt-tabbing...

I hope you both don't have Anti-Aliasing turned completely off, and your Object Detail on Low. I had to set Anti-Aliasing to FXAA, and Object Detail to Medium to cancel crashes and disconnects at the minimum. It seems PGI wasn't keen on coding to be nice to 'budget build'-type computers, and you definitely can't run at your monitor's native resolution if your computer isn't beefy enough. :(

~D. V. "I know, it's a real letdown!" Devnull

#386 NightlightSky

Rookie

• Survivor
  • 7 posts

Posted 08 July 2016 - 11:03 PM

I am not going to finish this challenge only 2/9 on invasion took 50 odd matches to get my last victory in scout so I can complete that part alone. I am not liking this game at the moment.... Cant even get into a match in invasion. . .

Edited by NightlightSky, 08 July 2016 - 11:05 PM.

#387 Insufficient Skill

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 09 July 2016 - 11:41 AM

FWIW, some stats from Invasion mode. Played along a bit after completing the event for above mentioned reasons (500 MC, 1 mechbay at rank 10 "Sho-Ko"). So, here goes.

From a total of 35 matches, where I wasn't disconnected (it was 1) these are the averages:

Match Score: 315.9
KMDD: 4.6
Damage: 1,471
Assists: 21.9
C-Bills 563,023
XP: 3,640

Including a couple (5, actually) of terribad games with less than 1,000 DMG (one even 585!), so not the best quotae ever, but still. All in 100% pure PUGiness.

Edited by Insufficient Skill, 09 July 2016 - 11:44 AM.

#388 Kuritaclan

• Ace Of Spades
  • 1,838 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 09 July 2016 - 01:28 PM

Wtf. Even after "that" long, people don't get the basics of scout mode straight. It looks like this seriously needs a tutorial. Hell it is not fun when the own team plays against you in half of all matches.

#389 Marc Crass

Rookie

• 2 posts

Posted 10 July 2016 - 06:09 AM

Sarcasm: just want to say "thank you" to developers for scouting mode at this event and overall balnce at this mode.
Not sarcasm: show me those "smart" guys who placed stormcrows and hunchbacks in the steam pack and who think they are rather equal in fight.
P.S. Im intrested will the devs post the win-lose statistics for the scouting mode? (sarcasm)

Edited by Marc Crass, 10 July 2016 - 06:13 AM.

#390 Coolmojo

Rookie

• Bad Company
  • 1 posts

Posted 10 July 2016 - 07:08 AM

View PostLYSANDER420, on 07 July 2016 - 08:35 AM, said:

I've had 3 Invasion matches against Clanners with match scores over 200 be disqualified for reasons I can't determine. Can someone explain to me why these matches aren't counting? 2 of them were much needed victories.

I have the same problem, seems to be ongoing. None of my victories are counting for the last several days. The matches are listed as not being disqualified and it was only the victory part that didn't count. Seems xp, match score, cbills and such were counted...just not the fact it was a victory.

Edited by Coolmojo, 10 July 2016 - 07:10 AM.

#391 K19

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 3
  • Mercenary Rank 3
  • 355 posts
  • LocationPortugal

Posted 10 July 2016 - 10:18 AM

It is very difficult to win when players do not want to win? 30 matches to win 4 times. What did the matter with the game ?? Posted Image

#392 Joker Smoker

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Contaminator
  • Contaminator
  • 341 posts
  • LocationRussia, Moscow

Posted 10 July 2016 - 10:41 AM

So... website now working not correctly and... how can I take my prize if there is no button?

#393 latinisator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 576 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 10 July 2016 - 12:14 PM

Thanks for the event, the free stuff and the two Mechbays!

#394 Dee Eight

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 10 July 2016 - 07:46 PM

I think the people complaining about this event have memory issues if they were here for the first faction war event after the Phase 3 release.... with its EIGHTY match score scouting requirement, and 100 match score Invasion requirement... and much larger goal targets to be reached. This time around they cut the score #s and the totals needed to be reached. The original 1 week timeframe they set was reasonable and doable. They started it the day before Canada Day... I took a contract with the jaguars on the first thursday afternoon, but didn't play my first match for the event until nearly midnight canada day. and then got all the scouting done on the saturday and early sunday morning, then switched to invasion matches. I experienced a total of four ghost drops and 37 real invasion matches in the space of 3 days and finished with about 10 hours to spare on the original 1 week event duration of the event that I didn't play my first match for until about 38 hours into the event timeline.

In other words... I accomplished all the challenges and both grand prize unlocks in 5 days of a 7 day event.

Edited by Dee Eight, 10 July 2016 - 07:49 PM.

#395 D V Devnull

• 4,297 posts

Posted 10 July 2016 - 11:35 PM

Final Review, "2016 July, 'Operation: Frontline' Faction Play Event" ---

That's it, PGI, no punches are going to be pulled here! I just had to sacrifice my mental sanity, and take a lesson in masochism, to complete the event within your extended 11-day timeframe. If there hadn't been this extension, I certainly would never have finished, because Real Life ran me (and I'm damn sure many others were affected) completely over during the First Weekend Of July Holidays. You're further getting my ire over the matter because this event should really have run at least 14 days at the minimum, possibly longer due to those holidays, in order to prevent people pushing themselves too hard. You've got a forum where people are now at each other's throats, which is something this community should NEVER be pushed into the primitive degradation point of. The 14-day-minimum should also have happened because due to the low population of your game from an awful contract system and (as mentioned by many other community members, even though I lucked out and never saw it as a Smoke Jaguar) the bloody Long Tom, matches are hellishly hard to properly get and people's 'mileage' while playing varies far too widely. This creates a definite experience-based gap through time limits, one which actively shuts the door on any chance at completing much of the event before many people start playing, causing even more people to not be part of the event for any useful duration of time, cascading into causing additional problems including people having to harm themselves on Contract and/or Loyalty choices. I've said it before, and I can say it with a clear conscience again, removing a lot of positive incentives with 'FW, Phase 3', forcing people to over-commit their time to the game where they don't have it, and treating everyone like they now have to be in the 'French Foreign Legion' is something you should NEVER have done. If you want MWO to grow and survive a long time, you're literally doing too many things the opposite way and killing it instead, because newbies won't stick around in an uninviting atmosphere. As it stands, I feel personally (and I wouldn't be surprised if other pilots feel the exact same way) that the 'Pressure Cooker' you threw us all into completely overshadowed any feelings of fun and/or success that this event would have given for completing the goals. I may personally have two new Mechs in my bays, but I've got severe mental (and physical, oddly enough) wounds that I now have to go nurse. I am way beyond mentally drained, definitely beyond extremely disgruntled, physically worn out from having no choice but to no-life grind on my meager amount of experience in the MWO game, and have had to utterly mega-fail at performing beyond my limits for long enough that I now fail to find any fun in MWO anymore. :angry:

Whatever you do now, PGI, you had better AVOID starting the next event (of ANY kind) until the 26th of July, one week after the next game client patch. Many people, myself included, are massively overdue for reasonable rest in this ugly Summer environment. Otherwise, you are likely to cause many to want to leave MWO in a mass exodus again, and reduce your game's population further, possibly beyond the critical point that would kill the game. Make sure you don't provide less than 14 days on future 'Faction Warfare'-based events ever again, and you likely won't get another bad review from me about those, provided you stick with the current requirement levels of what this event had for reaching the table of rewards. Which reminds me, there should have been some rather small (about '30'-sized) bits from each half of the event to compensate those who never stood a chance at getting it from controlling planets. I saw a few posts in regard to the matter, indicating a sizeable fraction of players were offended by the lack of this. Of course, you could just fail to listen and blow yourselves completely away. But, I'm being an 'eternal optimist' in my current lucid moment of 'smart while mentally insane', and hoping you finally have the 'common sense' to not do that? <_<

And then there's all this massive catch-up I had to read through and reply to...

View PostCoolmojo, on 10 July 2016 - 07:08 AM, said:

<<<snip>>>

I have the same problem, seems to be ongoing. None of my victories are counting for the last several days. The matches are listed as not being disqualified and it was only the victory part that didn't count. Seems xp, match score, cbills and such were counted...just not the fact it was a victory.

Are you disconnecting after dying, but before the match is actually over? If so, that would do it. Make sure to stick around until it provides the black "Exit Match" button to signal that it's all done. :excl:

View PostJoker Smoker, on 10 July 2016 - 10:41 AM, said:

So... website now working not correctly and... how can I take my prize if there is no button?

Yeah, I was a bit bothered by the website going down as well. It was down a total of 9.5 hours, during which nobody could do anything website-related that they wanted/needed to do. Hopefully PGI doesn't allow this to happen again in the future? I can only imagine the bad PR this has left them with, because you just don't leave for the weekend and not make sure everything checks out and won't crash. :mellow:

View PostDee Eight, on 10 July 2016 - 07:46 PM, said:

I think the people complaining about this event have memory issues if they were here for the first faction war event after the Phase 3 release.... with its EIGHTY match score scouting requirement, and 100 match score Invasion requirement... and much larger goal targets to be reached. This time around they cut the score #s and the totals needed to be reached. The original 1 week timeframe they set was reasonable and doable. They started it the day before Canada Day... I took a contract with the jaguars on the first thursday afternoon, but didn't play my first match for the event until nearly midnight canada day. and then got all the scouting done on the saturday and early sunday morning, then switched to invasion matches. I experienced a total of four ghost drops and 37 real invasion matches in the space of 3 days and finished with about 10 hours to spare on the original 1 week event duration of the event that I didn't play my first match for until about 38 hours into the event timeline.

In other words... I accomplished all the challenges and both grand prize unlocks in 5 days of a 7 day event.

Says the guy (who I've actually been glad to see around the forums in other discussions) who's too powerful for the current Tier they're in... Dude, there are quite a few people out there who got siderailed by the First Weekend's Holidays in July and the Real Life Consequences from them. While you weren't, you have to think about all of them, not just yourself and your unaffected pool of time. Further, think about all the ones with FAR LESS EXPERIENCE AND PERFORMANCE CAPABILITY THAN YOU, which unfortunately there is a large pool of, and they're all NOT 'Quick Study'-type folks unlike how you are. Sure, PGI lowered the requirements to finish, but their launch with bad timing thoroughly offset that. I originally called a need of 14 days for an event like this, instead of just a mere six (yeah, really, just count the actual 24-hour periods) days even with the adjusted differences. I hate being right (even though, regretfully, I unfortunately am) here, as I personally know someone who's definitely less experienced and only got to complete a little over half of this event, simply because it isn't going to run for more than just these 11 days due to PGI's lack of consideration. For reference, they might have been able to finish if there had been three more measly days. -_-

~Mr. D. V. "You would self-destruct, if you saw the 'images of insanity' inside my mind now, as it would shred yours." Devnull

[Edit by author for a missed thought.]

Edited by D V Devnull, 10 July 2016 - 11:38 PM.

#396 ulrin

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Butcher
  • The Butcher
  • 133 posts

Posted 11 July 2016 - 01:29 AM

Hi all
Real trouble in our civilization is the dissappearance of the sublimation. Consumerist way of life push us to desire goods, and the poverty of our pshysic space drive out of us the way to fight frustration...

Guys, thats a game !!! Cant you really live wizout every reward from every events ?
Hopefully in sports, thoose not qualified dont shy for having an extended try...

That not the death to not finish an event, isnt it ?

#397 Dee Eight

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 11 July 2016 - 02:15 AM

View PostD V Devnull, on 10 July 2016 - 11:35 PM, said:

Final Review, "2016 July, 'Operation: Frontline' Faction Play Event" ---

Final whinefest more like it. At least we can hope its the final one out of you on this event.

That's it, PGI, no punches are going to be pulled here! I just had to sacrifice my mental sanity, and take a lesson in masochism, to complete the event within your extended 11-day timeframe. If there hadn't been this extension, I certainly would never have finished, because Real Life ran me

Ohhhh booo hooo.... seriously that ANYONE puts this game (or any video game for that matter) ahead of real life... is what is wrong with them. A week was a reasonable amount of time for the game. Nobody held a gun to your head forcing you to play the event at all or to chase all the prizes.

Whatever you do now, PGI, you had better AVOID starting the next event (of ANY kind) until the 26th of July, one week after the next game client patch. Many people, myself included, are massively overdue for reasonable rest in this ugly Summer environment.

Why? Because you're an addict incapable of not chasing virtual intangible prizes ? PGI is going to follow whatever schedule they have for events regardless of your whining about it. The patch comes on the 19th and they'll be the usual leaderboard event the weekend following which gives players three days to start skilling their mechs. So that's July 22nd. I have enough banked GXP I could insta-master unlock all six of my vipers if I wanted to though.

#398 latinisator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 576 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 11 July 2016 - 06:36 AM

ulrin (#403) is right. This is a game and the only pressure to make you want all the prizes is in your head.
Sure it is frustrating not achieving the grand price by a small margin.
Remember the original "to the Champions" challenge in which you could obtain a Champion Victor? THAT was a challenge, and an annoying at that. Now it is: play some games, do not screw up terribly, get some points and get free stuff. The event becomes "work" if you let it become work. This is about you, not PGI and whatnot.

So where does all the drama come from?
Is it the carrot hanging in front of you that you thought you could catch? Now here is a solution: PGI announces an event but no prices and requirements and you get stuff *out of nowhere*. Is that better? Neg, it is not. You, I and most others would cry havoc.

Imho the event was fine, it was demanding at times of general derpiness (mine and others..), but it was doable. Btw, I did complete the achievements on two accounts after the extension hit us.

#399 Cyrilis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hero of Rasalhague
  • Hero of Rasalhague
  • 763 posts
  • LocationRas Alhague Insane Asylum, most of the time in the pen where they lock up the Urbie pilots

Posted 11 July 2016 - 07:24 AM

can I get that Atlas paintjob from the pic pls?

PRETTY PLS ???

#400 TooDumbToQuit

• The Death Wish
  • 1,539 posts

Posted 11 July 2016 - 07:52 AM

Simply add NPC units to the game. Mostly armor, hovercraft etc. Here is a chance to add all those unused vehicles to the game.

You can click an option for "humans only" or "humans or NPCs".

The NPC unit can be random or to the level of the players in the queue. They might be local militia or hard core regulars. When the queue hits a certain time, and there is no Unit of humans, it goes to an NPC unit.

AT LEAST TRY IT!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users