• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Covert
  • The Covert
  • 2,649 posts
  • LocationPerth

Posted 30 June 2016 - 03:44 PM

View PostDouglas grizzly, on 30 June 2016 - 03:33 PM, said:

REDACTED

Wow, you're really good at making friends?

I dont like saying this but 'git gud', you know those big round things on a Griffin, they house missiles, they are also part of the side torso, if you shoot them and pop the side torso, more than likely the Griffin will be running an XL and it will go pop.

Accusing all of the IS of using aim bots is really dumb. Please show us on the picture of this stormcrow where the Griffin touched you.

Edited by Procurator Derek, 30 June 2016 - 03:50 PM.

#22 Scout Derek

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 8,016 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationSomewhere where you'll probably never go to

Posted 30 June 2016 - 03:47 PM

What?

.... I think you all know what I'm thinking.

#23 Quicksilver Aberration

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nightmare
  • The Nightmare
  • 11,760 posts
  • LocationKansas City, MO

Posted 30 June 2016 - 04:21 PM

View PostMischiefSC, on 30 June 2016 - 03:39 PM, said:

Scouting. 55 max tonnage, Clan vs IS. In that bracket of only fighting IS lights and mediums it's a stone cold beast.

Spl or MPL builds or just straight SRM boating it destroys face.

Ice Ferrets actually beat it at that game (SPL boats), and so do Griffins if they have flamers like they should. With the Nova rescale, the Nova is probably better for SPLs than the SCrow (tanks more damage).

SRM spread on it is way worse than a Griffin, which is why the Splatcrow fell out of favor.

View PostMischiefSC, on 30 June 2016 - 03:39 PM, said:

Faster than a Griffin with a bigger payload and/or way better heat management and cxl?

Faster depending on the build, the 2N with 4 ASRM6 generally runs a 300, but the 3M can run a 350 with ASRM4s, and the heat management on the Griffin is actually better considering the more accurate firepower.

The Griffin is the better brawler, scout mode or not.

Edited by Quicksilver Kalasa, 30 June 2016 - 04:24 PM.

#24 Trauglodyte

• 4,373 posts

Posted 30 June 2016 - 04:50 PM

View PostCathy, on 30 June 2016 - 12:30 PM, said:

hey lets limit the scouting matches tonnage to 50 then neither the stormcrow or the apparently to strong I.S 55 toner will be involved..

Should just set the tonnage to 125 tons and leave it alone. You can take whatever you want up to that point but nothing over.

#25 MischiefSC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 30 June 2016 - 05:21 PM

View PostQuicksilver Kalasa, on 30 June 2016 - 04:21 PM, said:

Ice Ferrets actually beat it at that game (SPL boats), and so do Griffins if they have flamers like they should. With the Nova rescale, the Nova is probably better for SPLs than the SCrow (tanks more damage).

SRM spread on it is way worse than a Griffin, which is why the Splatcrow fell out of favor.

Faster depending on the build, the 2N with 4 ASRM6 generally runs a 300, but the 3M can run a 350 with ASRM4s, and the heat management on the Griffin is actually better considering the more accurate firepower.

The Griffin is the better brawler, scout mode or not.
I get the math but in actual game performance? Scrow can chase most lights, janky hitboxes let it tank like mad, spread hardpoints keep it from disarm like the Nova.

I'll eat novas in a Shawk all day and srm out on the 3M against most brawlers. However match after match gather or Defend against mediums or lights the Scrow (MPL or srm) is a great performer.

I'm sure if I was running in a comp 4man every match I could reliably run a dedicated build and count on my team to support me where I'm weak. For the other 99.9% of the game when you can expect 1 person on your team to wander off at some point and everyone knowing their job is questionable the scrow being fast, flexible and forgiving wins out.

I can drop in 20 matches in a Scrow with any group and do well. Nova, fridge? Hit or miss. Griffin? Depends on the other team rushing me or also being srms and not bopping my fat legs.

Griffins work great in a team that supports them or an enemy that plays to their strengths. I've moved away from them otherwise, it becomes a bit feast/famine.

#26 Quicksilver Aberration

• The Nightmare
  • The Nightmare
  • 11,760 posts
  • LocationKansas City, MO

Posted 30 June 2016 - 05:28 PM

View PostMischiefSC, on 30 June 2016 - 05:21 PM, said:

I get the math but in actual game performance? Scrow can chase most lights, janky hitboxes let it tank like mad, spread hardpoints keep it from disarm like the Nova.

No one shoots the arms on the Nova because its better to go torsos or legs, and most people don't worry about the hitboxes on the Crow because they shoot legs, which are not janky.

As for in-game performance, yes, the Griffin is still better than the SCrow at brawling.

The only thing that actually competes with Griffins at the brawl is Fridges, because of their maneuverability and tankiness compared to the other Clan mechs.

Edited by Quicksilver Kalasa, 30 June 2016 - 05:31 PM.

#27 MischiefSC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 30 June 2016 - 06:09 PM

View PostQuicksilver Kalasa, on 30 June 2016 - 05:28 PM, said:

No one shoots the arms on the Nova because its better to go torsos or legs, and most people don't worry about the hitboxes on the Crow because they shoot legs, which are not janky.

As for in-game performance, yes, the Griffin is still better than the SCrow at brawling.

The only thing that actually competes with Griffins at the brawl is Fridges, because of their maneuverability and tankiness compared to the other Clan mechs.

Not to get anecdotal but I get legged a lot more in Griffins than Scrows.

I haven't played the Nova since the rescale. Dem draggy knuckles and flamers. I do alright with MPLs, I just stay back at 200m+. SPLs suck when you get caught by flamer stun lock.

Griffin is absolutely a better brawler, just a bit slow. However my scrow is better at chase and corner and avoiding the Griffins until it's 2v1 or 3v1.

I don't know about the Fridge. Never played them, when I've seen them they go down fast but it's fair to say I'm not seeing amazing pilots with a good loadout in them.

I'm not arguing what's the most meta - just saying that for pugging performance the Scrows a solid performer over almost every scout situation. IS builds, except the Oxide that's a pimpin' little boom boat, generally need a passable team to leverage their advantages.

#28 Coolant

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,079 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 30 June 2016 - 06:09 PM

I pilot the Sparky and don't use any SRM's...so those of us that think outside the box should be punished too? Just another way meta ruins the game

#29 Metus regem

• The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 10,282 posts
  • LocationNAIS College of Military Science OCS courses

Posted 30 June 2016 - 06:19 PM

View PostCoolant, on 30 June 2016 - 06:09 PM, said:

I pilot the Sparky and don't use any SRM's...so those of us that think outside the box should be punished too? Just another way lazy players ruin the game

FTFY

#30 Moldur

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 2,234 posts

Posted 30 June 2016 - 06:35 PM

I love when Griffins come to scout. They always have XLs

#31 windermere

• PipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 47 posts

Posted 30 June 2016 - 06:37 PM

View PostDouglas grizzly, on 30 June 2016 - 11:57 AM, said:

balance the griffin as it is far too tanky. It has a huge list of quirks that consist of structure additions and missile velocity. Also any srms can target one location where any clan srms spread all over the target. The clan mech other other hand has no addition structure quirks and the srms cannot target a single location. Everytime these too mechs meet , in most cases the griffin wins because of the additional structural quirks and because the srms can target a specific spot on the stormcrow. Additionally the stormcrow cannot jump like the griffin can.

Ways to balance and even the playing field. Allow the stormcrow a increase in missile velocity like the griffin, add structure quirks( especially on the legs), Allow the crow to target a specific spot with standard srms or srms with artimis like the griffin does and or allow the crow to be able to jump.

NO - now that the stromcrows are buffed the griffin "was" the only IS mech that could catch and kill in scouting. It is now useless.

#32 Sigilum Sanctum

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 1,673 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 30 June 2016 - 07:13 PM

You can't take the sky SRMs from me!

#33 Rhent

• Ace Of Spades
  • 2,045 posts

Posted 30 June 2016 - 09:01 PM

If you are having problems with griffins it is because you are aiming at the TORSOS and not the LEGS.It is your own fault if you are concentrating fire on a mediums torsos and not its legs, especially IS mediums that have Torso and Arm structural quirks. This isn't a cae of git gud, its a case of people being ignorant of basic strategies to take down a fast moving medium.

#34 adamts01

• Death Star
  • 3,417 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 30 June 2016 - 09:18 PM

balance the griffin as it is far too tanky. It has a huge list of quirks that consist of structure additions and missile velocity. Also any srms can target one location where any clan srms spread all over the target. The clan mech other other hand has no addition structure quirks and the srms cannot target a single location. Everytime these too mechs meet , in most cases the griffin wins because of the additional structural quirks and because the srms can target a specific spot on the stormcrow. Additionally the stormcrow cannot jump like the griffin can.

Ways to balance and even the playing field. Allow the stormcrow a increase in missile velocity like the griffin, add structure quirks( especially on the legs), Allow the crow to target a specific spot with standard srms or srms with artimis like the griffin does and or allow the crow to be able to jump.

Buff the Stormcrow? Really? LOL.

You just missed the thread about the Griffin needing buffs, it's still OP, didn't you know? It was one of the go to try hard mechs, but it did get a little bigger this patch. I still don't think it's too much of a problem though.

Buff the Stormcrow..... LOL

#35 TKSax

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,057 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 30 June 2016 - 09:19 PM

My Group just won 18 scouting matches in row out of 18 played and We took 3 Novas (all with Small Lasers) and 1 Ice Ferret, (4 mpls) We ripped apart anything we came across and it was very few pugs groups., we ran into a majority of 4 mans groups during this run.

Edited by TKSax, 01 July 2016 - 06:03 AM.

#36 Kubernetes

• The Blazing
  • The Blazing
  • 2,369 posts

Posted 30 June 2016 - 09:26 PM

I think they're fairly close when it comes to scouting. The Crow is faster and less vulnerable to ST blowouts. The Griff has got JJ and better SRM spread. Both are beasts at scouting and I've done well in both... so for the most part it comes down to the pilots and the team.

#37 Scout Derek

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 8,016 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationSomewhere where you'll probably never go to

Posted 30 June 2016 - 09:47 PM

Okay, now that we're done crying out in disbelief at the OP, let's get serious now.

He's talking about the 3M, with the following quirks:

Posted Image

Now, to be truly honest, it is probably the most structure quirked Griffin out of the bunch, but the most ammo dependent with 4M, 1AMS and 2E.

And because if so, because without any Missile Quirk Range bonuses, it's strictly a brawler, while the rest can use more long ranged weaponry.

So without a doubt, in my opinion, it should stay the way it is.

Buff the stormcrow? Now that's gibberish right there.

And that's someone who's played with and against them. I'd prefer my Griffin's anytime to them, and that's just my play style. (I've tried crows, and I really don't like them that much, hell, I prefer my Nova over it!)

#38 627

• Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 4,571 posts

Posted 30 June 2016 - 09:55 PM

View PostProcurator Derek, on 30 June 2016 - 09:47 PM, said:

Okay, now that we're done crying out in disbelief at the OP, let's get serious now.

He's talking about the 3M, with the following quirks:

Posted Image

Now, to be truly honest, it is probably the most structure quirked Griffin out of the bunch, but the most ammo dependent with 4M, 1AMS and 2E.

And because if so, because without any Missile Quirk Range bonuses, it's strictly a brawler, while the rest can use more long ranged weaponry.

So without a doubt, in my opinion, it should stay the way it is.

Buff the stormcrow? Now that's gibberish right there.

And that's someone who's played with and against them. I'd prefer my Griffin's anytime to them, and that's just my play style. (I've tried crows, and I really don't like them that much, hell, I prefer my Nova over it!)

well we talk about 13 points of structure here; or 18 if you take CT but I can't remember the last time i didn't die to ST or Leg destruction. So 13 Points of damage are 3 shots with a clan small laser, that doesn't make a big difference when you look at the overall alphas you have on all those laserboats. In the best case that gives you 4 more seconds to live. Yes it helps but I think this is really a minor quirk if you compare it to a 10% heat reduction or so.

#39 Chagatay

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 964 posts

Posted 30 June 2016 - 09:58 PM

Seems balanced to me.

#40 Kubernetes

• The Blazing
  • The Blazing
  • 2,369 posts

Posted 30 June 2016 - 10:01 PM

Not to mention the 3M carries all its missiles in one ST, which means no 4xASRM6 loadouts. Oh, and it doesn't have the agility quirks of the 2N. Or ECM. So yeah, the 3M is super tanky, but almost noone chooses it over the 2N.

Edited by Kubernetes, 30 June 2016 - 10:01 PM.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users