How Do You Counter Streak Crows?

175 replies to this topic

#1 Loren Ward

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 77 posts

Posted 30 June 2016 - 05:36 PM

I've played 5 scouting matches today, lost every single one to a 0/4 rout.

99% of the mechs I'm seeing are streak fit Stormcrows.

How do you counter these? Everything 55 tons and down seems to die basically instantly to two of them.

Edited by Northern Nomad, 30 June 2016 - 05:37 PM.

#2 Baulven

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 984 posts

Posted 30 June 2016 - 05:39 PM

Take a griffin and mount an AC20 on it with some friends in the same. shoot crows. thats about it.

#3 Iron Buccaneer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 290 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 30 June 2016 - 05:41 PM

Griffins don't have ballistic mounts. Since they buffed SC legs best is just to hit them center mass.

#4 Remover of Obstacles

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fire
  • Fire
  • 549 posts

Posted 30 June 2016 - 05:48 PM

Most people are having great successful with Griffins with ECM, SRMs, and two flamers.

I saw a group using 3x cents with AC20s that did very well.

Stay together, focus fire and use typical good play, ie torso twisting and constant moment.

Seeing a lot of flatfooted mechs in the event. Keep moving.

#5 Count Zero 74

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • IS Exemplar
  • IS Exemplar
  • 733 posts

Posted 30 June 2016 - 05:51 PM

The usuall advice here would be git gud or l2p

#6 Carl Vickers

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Covert
  • The Covert
  • 2,649 posts
  • LocationPerth

Posted 30 June 2016 - 05:51 PM

AC 20's break open skillcrows fast, BJ's and cents are really good for it.

Griffins work great as well due to JJ's. The skillcrows biggest weakness is lack of JJ's.

I like the Griffin 2n for scouting when Im IS. It has 2 things that hurst skillcrows, JJ's and ECM. Cant streak you if they cant lock you and 4 2n's works quite well casue most peeps who use skillcrows dont lab them properly at anyrate.

#7 windermere

• PipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 47 posts

Posted 30 June 2016 - 05:56 PM

It appears that Stormcrows have been buffed again, tried ECM griffin with SRMs and have not been able to match them. Switch to Hunchback and it's too slow, BJ are too fragile, and with the exception of the oxide no light can go toe to toe with a clan mech.

#8 Loren Ward

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 77 posts

Posted 30 June 2016 - 06:02 PM

I used to wreck face with the 4P Hunchback, and that was before quirks. Just rebought it, this should do well:
HBK-4P

Hopefully, anyway. It seems like you need a great deal more skill on the IS side to compete with streak crows, and many IS mechs may as well not drop.

Edited by Northern Nomad, 30 June 2016 - 06:02 PM.

#9 Malcolm Vordermark

• 2,520 posts

Posted 30 June 2016 - 06:04 PM

You either out brawl them with an SRM brawler (streaks have low DPS) or you out run them with lights. Out running is kinda boring so I recommend you brawl them.

#10 Pariah Devalis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 7,655 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationAboard the NCS True Path

Posted 30 June 2016 - 06:06 PM

Aim for crow legs with SRM Griffs or any IS medium with an AC20. It seriously is that simple.

#11 SeventhSL

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Galaxy Commander
  • Galaxy Commander
  • 505 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 30 June 2016 - 06:22 PM

1. C-SSRM6 eat any lights alive so take mediums.
2. C-SSRM6 have a big cool down so they have low DPS. Take higher DPS builds. AC and SRM work well.
3. C-SSRM6 have up to 400m range. Use ECM or terrain to strip the advantage and get into brawl range.

Bottom line is C-SSRM6 gives clan noobs a significant advantage over IS noobs. At higher level play they are a crutch for clan players and IS players should lol when they see them.

Edit: Sorry I had C-SRM6 instead of C-SSRM6.

Edited by SeventhSL, 30 June 2016 - 07:12 PM.

#12 MischiefSC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 30 June 2016 - 06:23 PM

Well, that simple is an understatement. It's like saying you beat LT by scattering before it hits and kiting it into the enemy.

You need to play loaded to kill Scrows every match which leaves you vulnerable to any other build setup. You also need a team that can focus fire. If you don't have that a club can do his damage regardless of skill while it takes some skill to build and play a legging mech to counter it.

#13 windermere

• PipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 47 posts

Posted 30 June 2016 - 06:24 PM

legs on stormcrows was valid before whatever the last patch was a few days ago. Try it now... it's no longer a valid option.

#14 Loren Ward

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 77 posts

Posted 30 June 2016 - 06:27 PM

The real problem is the DPS doesn't matter when you have 2-4 of them all alpha striking you at once.

#15 windermere

• PipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 47 posts

Posted 30 June 2016 - 06:33 PM

we should all just buy a mech pack.

#16 Malcolm Vordermark

• 2,520 posts

Posted 30 June 2016 - 06:35 PM

View PostNorthern Nomad, on 30 June 2016 - 06:27 PM, said:

The real problem is the DPS doesn't matter when you have 2-4 of them all alpha striking you at once.

Thats why you have team mates. The more streak crows they bring the worse off they are against a team of brawlers.

#17 Loren Ward

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 77 posts

Posted 30 June 2016 - 06:38 PM

Yeah, but twenty seconds into the fight it will be 3v4, then 2v4.. etc. You're losing mechs too quickly to win.

I'm not a bad player, my KDR is 1.61, but I have yet to win a scouting match today, so far I've played ten.

Edited by Northern Nomad, 30 June 2016 - 06:42 PM.

#18 Bohxim

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 523 posts

Posted 30 June 2016 - 06:42 PM

Clan srm don't reach out to 400. Only streaks come close to it if they bought modules. Their srm is inferior to IS srm barring the only advantage they have which is weight

#19 Malcolm Vordermark

• 2,520 posts

Posted 30 June 2016 - 06:55 PM

View PostNorthern Nomad, on 30 June 2016 - 06:38 PM, said:

Yeah, but twenty seconds into the fight it will be 3v4, then 2v4.. etc. You're losing mechs too quickly to win.

If it takes 20 seconds for a team of streak boats to kill one of your team, but your team can't kill one of them with brawlers then something is wrong. Individual pilot aim, team focus fire, everyone being in the fight at the same time. Something is missing.

#20 Czarr

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ogre
  • The Ogre
  • 414 posts

Posted 30 June 2016 - 06:59 PM

streak crows are basically impossible to kill when their is 4 of them, cause they close ranks fast and as soon as your team is focusing firing on one of them the other three are killing you with streaks. Really nothing you can do

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users