138 replies to this topic

#61 Kali Rinpoche

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 639 posts
  • LocationCrossing, Draconis March

Posted 07 July 2016 - 08:48 PM

People say they want more clan mechs, they get more clan mechs, they complain DOA. While I will probably pass on this guy for cash, I will definitely take it out for a spin for cbills. The Art work looks great.

#62 A Man In A Can

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,594 posts
  • LocationRetired

Posted 07 July 2016 - 09:22 PM

View PostFreebrewer Bmore, on 07 July 2016 - 04:58 PM, said:

390XL huh? Better buy this one with cash, sounds like it'll be awful expensive for CBills...

Did the math. Around 13 million for each c-bill variant, which puts it in the same playing field costwise as the EBJ/HBR.

#63 Arkhangel

• Mercenary Rank 2
  • Mercenary Rank 2
  • 1,188 posts
  • LocationBritish Columbia

Posted 07 July 2016 - 09:32 PM

Well, hopefully the Clanners stop whining "we don't have as many mechs as the IS!". that's three in a row now :P and all nasty heavies. you guys are getting your "classics" ;)

#64 Nightshade24

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3,972 posts
  • LocationSolaris VII

Posted 07 July 2016 - 09:45 PM

View PostSteel Raven, on 07 July 2016 - 12:24 PM, said:

I honestly didn't see this coming. Thought we would see the Pouncer before Linebacker, or the Glass Spider for another 60 toner.

And yes, FASA named it Linebacker back in 1991. 'The name for the OmniMech comes from the Linebacker's hunched appearance, which resembles players of ancient American Football.' (clan Wolf Souce Book) though the art has has never looked anything like a NFL/CFL player
Posted Image

Isn't the pouncer a medium 'Mech though?

PGI said we are getting 1 Medium clan 'Mech (atm Viper), 1 Heavy 'Mech (atm Night Gyr), 1 Medium (atm Kingfisher)... that left 1 heavy mech left, has to be an omnimech as well... Linebacker was the only choice left more or less.

#65 goatreich

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wrench
  • The Wrench
  • 105 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 07 July 2016 - 10:06 PM

So, when will the IS get 3052 mechś and tech? ;) just saying...

#66 Nightshade24

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3,972 posts
  • LocationSolaris VII

Posted 07 July 2016 - 10:09 PM

=

View PostGreyNovember, on 07 July 2016 - 12:57 PM, said:

If you dont buy the bonuses or the Hero, you have an inferior loadout choice.

So. What?

Pay more for not terrible loadout choice?

TBH I will be Running my Linebacker Prime stock... at least one of my two.... well.... maybe trade one of the missiles for twin LRM 5 or twin SSRM 4's...
Most of them, well all of them look nice for me and dI am planning to use load outs similar to the stock.

View PostTalos7, on 07 July 2016 - 01:01 PM, said:

It looks really nice! The art team really did a good job, especially since it's a fugly 'mech in the old TROs.

I really hope its not as tall as its made to look in the pictures... That profile would kill it even if it moved as fast as a 'Crow.
Still, it looks like a fun SRM/Laser boat.

Well it was never really a fugly mech in the old concept arts and thank the lord for that. It makes it a 'Mech people liked before Alex touched it... I can't name anyone who liked the banshee or kintaro up until the concept arts for MW: O.

View PostSteel Raven, on 07 July 2016 - 01:08 PM, said:

It's a OMNI, I doubt anyone will keep the stock loadouts.

Posted Image

View PostJimmy DiGriz, on 07 July 2016 - 02:22 PM, said:

First new mech I have to say they've got wrong. It's simply the wrong shape. Whilst the Cauldron Born lost it's asymmetric feel that I loved from MW4, the mech in MWO still looks great.

Sorry team but nah, you didn't hit the target with this. Looks good, but it's no Linebacker.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted Image

I can keep listing 'mechs, the linebacker is not the only one that got an extreme make over. That's why people love most of MWO's redesigns.

View PostNimnul, on 07 July 2016 - 02:37 PM, said:

When I see the latest mechs I have a thought. What the developers do not want to make money. Linebacker, Night Gyr, I do not buy these bottles, even for c-bills. Not to mention the fact to spend the bucks. Meanwhile, clans have 6 heavy . In the sphere of 14. Clans have 5 assaults, in the sphere 12. It looks terrible. Because of the good mechs only 3-4. Now you have decided to fill the void that counterfeit. 17 tons for weapon its a sh*t.

They know their target audience. The same way people bought Gargoyles: 80 dollars or extra 20 dollars from your hellbringer (which gets you the ice ferret a widely hated mech.) you just wasted '40 dollars' of bad 'Mechs...
oh wait! People like different things and look for different things in 'mechs and play them differently then others with different playstyles and stuff.

People will buy and love the Linebacker such as myself the same that literally every other 'Mech in MW: O so far got purchases. PGI wants money because making a online game like this is a huge money sink and they want to have food on their plates for themselves and family as well as warmth and shelter as much as anyone else here.

However if you are surprised why the blood asp or Mad Cat mk IV isn't added yet because of how meta cheese MLG is you came to the wrong game because that is not what MechWarrior: Online is about.

Besides... Night Gyr glows when it's hot, has quirks imitating Laser heatsinks and immune to high temperature enviroments and flamers... etc... what isn't there to love about this besides those bitter it isn't their lovely Nova Cat which doesn't really do much more things better in the eye of the meta?

View PostOutlaw, on 07 July 2016 - 04:19 PM, said:

Huh, a post-Tukayyid mech... wonder if this means that TRO 3055 mechs will start trickling in... and if they plan on introducing a 'truce line' that the Clans cant advance past.

3052 'Mech, Considering the current year in game is surprise: 3052, and we are looking for 3053 'mechs now (as their release date is next year: 3053) the timeline is moving on nicely...

View PostVxheous Kerensky, on 07 July 2016 - 08:09 PM, said:

Why would I ever want this mech when I already have a more than capable 65-Tonner in the Ebon Jaguar......oh no no no no no, they're going to nerf the EBJ somehow...

Because it's faster, can accelerate/ turn faster, probably better ER PPC quirks. Is iconic, etc?

View PostKali Rinpoche, on 07 July 2016 - 08:48 PM, said:

People say they want more clan mechs, they get more clan mechs, they complain DOA. While I will probably pass on this guy for cash, I will definitely take it out for a spin for cbills. The Art work looks great.

No one here said DOA, people just said they are keeping their money because apparently spending 500-1200 dollars on a pixel game is the final straw... if like spending more then 50 should've raised alarms...
not that I am making fun of them: I personally spent aroundd nearly 400 NZD on this game myself- and planning to buy the collectors pack for this.

View PostArkhangel, on 07 July 2016 - 09:32 PM, said:

Well, hopefully the Clanners stop whining "we don't have as many mechs as the IS!". that's three in a row now Posted Image and all nasty heavies. you guys are getting your "classics" Posted Image

Oh really?...

We at the momment only got 2 lights that behave like lights. 3 if you include the medium; Ice Ferret - our counterpart to the cicada.
We do not have much in-your-face brawling assault 'mechs akin to the Atlas besides the Highlander IIC (Kodiak is to squishy atm for this task... that or maby 100% of all LBX/ SRM/ LRM / other spread shots shouldn't all hit the titanic CT of the kodiak... I never complained about huge CT's before if anything I loved them but this is the straw that broke the mules back for me...)

Also we are lacking good assault LRM boaters or more varied ones, We lack Clan BattleMechs at every weight class, atm the most we got is 2 in assault. Non of the omnis have STD engines (Woodsman... Kingfisher... BattleCobra... soo...) and many dedicated scouts- extremely obvious in the event atm for scouting mode...

Kitfox and Mistlynx...

There's still dozens upon dozens of clan battlemechs and omnimechs that can be added that is varied/ unique / needed...
We still do not even have a 20 tonner and we got like 3-4 weight gaps atm meanwhile the IS has like 2-7 mechs at every weight catagory besides 20 and the Flea is maybe coming soon and lots of support for the wasp and stinger recently.

I would still see half dozen Clan mechs if possible for every couple of IS ones that come into the game and that isn't me being "clan biased", but when I buy every single mech in game and my IS is around 110 chassis (I buy most variants) and my clans are like 40 with me buying the same alt.config. twice... (I got 3 mad dog primes nad gonna get a 4th one in this event at this rate...) does raise some questions.

View Postgoatreich, on 07 July 2016 - 10:06 PM, said:

So, when will the IS get 3052 mechś and tech? Posted Image just saying...

Russ said the Raptor (First IS OmniMech) will come out sometime after CW 3.0, which is already out, so fingers crossed!

#67 Hades Trooper

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,461 posts
  • LocationWillow Tree, NSW

Posted 07 July 2016 - 11:41 PM

had to log on to add my voice to the opinion that this mech is too tall.

it should be more like a king crab than stand as tall as it does.

Please pgi with this mech limited pod space, having such an upright position kinda is a deal breaker for me, it looks too much like a gargoyle, engine heavy, limited pod space and now this way too tall model is a deal breaker, the height of this mech is the final straw that makes it a deal breaker in my books.

Also i'd personally take a cauldron born with it's 30 tonnes of pod space than this 18 tonnes but i guess you gotta get out the crappy version 1st and then do the cauldron born so to work in with the power creep.

View PostKali Rinpoche, on 07 July 2016 - 08:48 PM, said:

it looks good, but for a linebacker it's way too tall and there are other 65 tonne clan mechs that are sort after much more than this mech, such as the Cauldron Born. 65 tonne mech with 30 tonnes of pod space and only does 12 kph slower than the linebacker. is 12kph really worth 12 tonnes of pod space?

In my books no, it's DOA just like the Gargoyle

View PostArkhangel, on 07 July 2016 - 09:32 PM, said:

Well, hopefully the Clanners stop whining "we don't have as many mechs as the IS!". that's three in a row now Posted Image and all nasty heavies. you guys are getting your "classics" Posted Image

mate this mech is doa, it's a lighter gargoyle and we all know how feared a Gargoyle is. I'd like more clan mech, why not bring out the Cauldron Born instead of this piece of crap.

18 tonnes of pod space and 12kph faster

or 12 kph slower and 30 tonnes of pod space. 89kph is fast enough in my books and that extra 12 tonnes of pod space is a extra uac/10 and ammo

#68 Commander John Conway

• Pip
  • Big Brother
  • 13 posts

Posted 08 July 2016 - 12:21 AM

whooo more clan wolf mechs!

#69 Karl Streiger

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 20,369 posts
  • LocationBlack Dot in a Sea of Blue

Posted 08 July 2016 - 12:25 AM

Complete waste depends on the reinforcement package mechs and the place of those shoulder energy hp

#70 Dee Eight

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 08 July 2016 - 12:37 AM

View PostAnimeFreak40K, on 07 July 2016 - 02:22 PM, said:

the Robotech Mechs were released (the Timberwolf made it bad... the Robotech Mechs made it worse).

BLASPHEMY!!! How dare you refer to the classic 4 heavies as Robotech mechs. FASA never used Robotech anything other than some of the Revell model kit line of that name (which was totally unrelated to Harmony Gold & Carl Maceks inbred cousin property) such as the Scorpion, Goliath, Battlemaster, Shadowhawk, Griffin, Thunderbolt, Wolverine, etc., which themselves were Takara model kits based on either Fang of the Sun Dougram or Super Dimensional Fortress : Macross or Super Dimension Century : Orguss artwork and concepts. The Warhammer, Rifleman, Archer and Marauder were all Macross derived (the Tomahawk, Defender-X, and Spartan Destroids and Roiquonmi Glaug Battle pod respectively).

Posted Image
Glaug Standard Battle Colors
Roiquonmi Glaug

#71 Luscious Dan

• The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 1,146 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationEdmonton, AB

Posted 08 July 2016 - 01:08 AM

I won't be picking this one up, I like the design more than some of the others but again it's a mech with no nostalgia factor for me, and I can always just buy a Stormcrow.

Is it 3063 yet? I want my Fafnir Posted Image

Edited by Luscious Dan, 08 July 2016 - 01:08 AM.

#72 Lily from animove

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 13,891 posts
  • LocationOn a dropship to Terra

Posted 08 July 2016 - 01:11 AM

looks sexy, but isnT' it a bit too tall, and should be more wide?

Also will we finally get a way to use other camo patterns on the special variants? i eally dislike the linebackers hero patterns, and that questions the point for me to buy any packages since there is no pack without the heroes.

Edited by Lily from animove, 08 July 2016 - 01:28 AM.

#73 AnimeFreak40K

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Defiant
  • The Defiant
  • 455 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationSomewhere between the State of Confusion and the State of Insanity.

Posted 08 July 2016 - 01:54 AM

View PostDee Eight, on 08 July 2016 - 12:37 AM, said:

BLASPHEMY!!! How dare you refer to the classic 4 heavies as Robotech mechs. FASA never used Robotech anything other than some of the Revell model kit line of that name (which was totally unrelated to Harmony Gold & Carl Maceks inbred cousin property) such as the Scorpion, Goliath, Battlemaster, Shadowhawk, Griffin, Thunderbolt, Wolverine, etc., which themselves were Takara model kits based on either Fang of the Sun Dougram or Super Dimensional Fortress : Macross or Super Dimension Century : Orguss artwork and concepts. The Warhammer, Rifleman, Archer and Marauder were all Macross derived (the Tomahawk, Defender-X, and Spartan Destroids and Roiquonmi Glaug Battle pod respectively).

They used the line-art, for one thing... all but ripped from art books (which were available at the time). Palladium Books did it too, but they also had full licensing to do so from Harmony Gold for their Robotech RPG.

Look, I'm not going to get into this debate... especially not here. I knew these mechs from Robotech, because that is what I knew of first and that is how I refer to them.

#74 Nimnul

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 246 posts

Posted 08 July 2016 - 03:01 AM

View PostVxheous Kerensky, on 07 July 2016 - 08:09 PM, said:

Why would I ever want this mech when I already have a more than capable 65-Tonner in the Ebon Jaguar......oh no no no no no, they're going to nerf the EBJ somehow...

Then I'll throw this game.

#75 Nimnul

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 246 posts

Posted 08 July 2016 - 03:13 AM

View PostNightshade24, on 07 July 2016 - 10:09 PM, said:

People will buy and love the Linebacker such as myself the same that literally every other 'Mech in MW: O so far got purchases.

Yes I know there are those who have a style of play that put LRM to Atlas. So reason people do not want to get a result. You will not get in the top teams.

#76 Nightshade24

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3,972 posts
  • LocationSolaris VII

Posted 08 July 2016 - 03:49 AM

View PostNimnul, on 08 July 2016 - 03:13 AM, said:

Yes I know there are those who have a style of play that put LRM to Atlas. So reason people do not want to get a result. You will not get in the top teams.

Further elaborate after the first sentence?

#77 Audacious Aubergine

• The Death Wish
  • The Death Wish
  • 1,029 posts

Posted 08 July 2016 - 04:20 AM

It looks like the lovechild of a King Crab and a Timber Wolf. I'm honestly not sure how to feel about this yet

#78 Kieran Carns

Rookie

• Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 8 posts
  • LocationNottingham UK

Posted 08 July 2016 - 06:37 AM

Really happy to see another Wolf Clan mech - I really like the design and looks like it'll be an interesting one to pilot.

Apologies if I've missed it, but has the Linebacker ever been given a Clan name?

#79 Desintegrator

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,225 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 08 July 2016 - 06:57 AM

Nice Mech !

But will be hard to equip the Double Gauss here.

I wait for the quirks...

#80 Nimnul

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 246 posts

Posted 08 July 2016 - 07:35 AM

UAC10 cooldown 200% remedy the situation...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users