56 replies to this topic

#21 _____

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 742 posts

Posted 08 July 2016 - 06:01 PM

View PostNightshade24, on 08 July 2016 - 04:51 PM, said:

You're really pointing out a problem of how infrequently the Champion mech loadouts change relative to how often the meta shifts, combined with the other issue that build voting is always going to be flavor of the month for good reason. No one can predict where the meta is going to be in a month or two so people often have to vote on what's going to be the best at the moment. As of today I'd take the A over the ballistic variants by a small margin which is why I posted that first. However at the same time I suggested the ballistic build as well because it's really not that far off.

As far as uniqueness goes, a combo LPL ML build plays quite differently from something that uses only MLs and very very different ERSLs SPLs for example. A chassis isn't characterized only by its weapons but also by hardpoint locations, maneuverability, hitboxes among others. Play the Stormcrow variation of the 3xERML and 2xLPL build and it's a drastically different experience.

#22 ImperialKnight

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,733 posts

Posted 08 July 2016 - 06:08 PM

A Hunchback must always have its AC20

#23 Nightshade24

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3,972 posts
  • LocationSolaris VII

Posted 08 July 2016 - 06:14 PM

View PostBlackhawkSC, on 08 July 2016 - 06:01 PM, said:

You're really pointing out a problem of how infrequently the Champion mech loadouts change relative to how often the meta shifts, combined with the other issue that build voting is always going to be flavor of the month for good reason. No one can predict where the meta is going to be in a month or two so people often have to vote on what's going to be the best at the moment. As of today I'd take the A over the ballistic variants by a small margin which is why I posted that first. However at the same time I suggested the ballistic build as well because it's really not that far off.

As far as uniqueness goes, a combo LPL ML build plays quite differently from something that uses only MLs and very very different ERSLs SPLs for example. A chassis isn't characterized only by its weapons but also by hardpoint locations, maneuverability, hitboxes among others. Play the Stormcrow variation of the 3xERML and 2xLPL build and it's a drastically different experience.

However a trial mech shouldn't be updated every bimonthly. Also I stand against your claim for how the build voting is favouring the flavor of the month because just look at the IS trial mechs.

Commando
Spider
Blackjack
Vindicator
Hunchback
Trebuchet
Kintaro
Shadowhawk
Dragon
Catapult
Quickdraw
Cataphract
Orion
Stalker
Atlas

these are all IS 'Mechs that stand away from the Meta or norm for the chassis, weight class, or overall.
heck, we have a few LRM boats, we got as much LRM boats as we got snipers, brawlers, skirmishers, etc...

meanwhile clans: no LRM boats, No skirmishers, only 1 or 2 strikers... etc.

We do not see only 3 weapons across all those 'mechs, we do not see the exact same SRM used across them, exact same LRM, etc...

I am familiar with how different locations and quantities change a 'Mech, being a massive supporter of mech viarirty and also play LRM boats from 20 tonnes to 100 tonnes I always say that these LRM mechs play differently sometimes completely differently and not the same.

However despite the differences between a medium laser at your cockpit, arm, or high sside torso.

a say dual ballistic hunchback IIC would have more viarirty then every other trial mech for clans ATM. You can't tell me for a second that the difference between an ER medium laser height by 1 metre is the same as a difference between multiple Er med lasers/ large pulse over twin UAC 10's.

#24 Audacious Aubergine

• The Death Wish
  • The Death Wish
  • 1,029 posts

Posted 08 July 2016 - 08:15 PM

HBK-IIC-C
Hill humping fire support

#25 _____

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 742 posts

Posted 08 July 2016 - 08:19 PM

You know the early IS champion variants weren't selected by the community? Once the (C) variant is picked, it stuck and PGI isn't going to change it. Nowadays I i highly doubt the community would pick the AS7-RS for the (C) variant when the DDC and S are available.

For some of the builds, it depends on what the meta was at that time. For example the CTF-3D(C) was before the UAC5 jam chance quirks. I also remember contributing to the QKD-4G(C) build long time ago, and that was before the Dec 2015 patch that made the IS LPL on certain mechs, like the QKD-4G, really strong for a few months.

Other builds are still the best or close to best build you can put on that chassis because maybe their quirks haven't changed or maybe it's the only viable option, for example the VND-1AA.

Edit: going to stop spamming this thread with mostly irrelevant discussion about how the community makes its decisions. Should be kept on topic with other build options.

Edited by BlackhawkSC, 08 July 2016 - 08:49 PM.

#26 process

• Star Colonel II
  • Star Colonel II
  • 1,667 posts

Posted 08 July 2016 - 09:25 PM

6x ER medium lasers, max armor, max engine, max jumpjets, ample cooling. Good damage, DPS, and forgiving.

HBK-IIC-A

#27 Tiantara

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 815 posts

Posted 08 July 2016 - 10:13 PM

- Hunchback often used in FW scouting mission... so... here nice builds:
1. - Ballistic and effective vs light targets - HBK-IIC
2. - SRM based, great for heavy short-medium range damage HBK-IIC-B

#28 Madithamonsta

Rookie

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 2 posts

Posted 09 July 2016 - 12:38 AM

Here's basically what i run with, however mine has less engine to it. I use it for scouting mostly, but find that it's capabilities are quite good for defending from a higher position with some cover. A good thing to note, is that it has nothing going on in the arms, so you can use them as fragile shields if need be.

HBK-IIC-C(Point Defence)

A side note, this thing isn't particularly good offensively, but gets the job done if you're clever.

#29 MyHeroPatrickSwayze

Rookie

• Ace Of Spades
  • 1 posts

Posted 09 July 2016 - 01:08 AM

HBK-IIC

#30 ImperialKnight

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,733 posts

Posted 09 July 2016 - 02:10 AM

STD engine, 6 MLas

#31 Vajco

Rookie

• Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 1 posts
  • LocationAbingdon

Posted 09 July 2016 - 03:08 AM

View PostGr Armpit, on 08 July 2016 - 04:32 PM, said:

Good ballistic\brawler Hunchie, focus on ballistic 2 lb-5x with good ammo, 2 er lrg lasers. lbxs have decent damage and rof, I think this is a good all around easy to use build.

Brawling with er lrg lasers? good luck

#32 WarmasterRaptor

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ogre
  • The Ogre
  • 205 posts
  • LocationQuébec - Canada

Posted 09 July 2016 - 05:58 AM

This is my little baby right now :

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...d1332e46ed30c2a

Put UAC5 on left clik, the rest on right click. This is the successor of my 4 UAC2 build, and I rack much more solo and kmdd kills with it. Fits well for my charge and brawl suicide tactic type Posted Image

Edited by WarmasterRaptor, 09 July 2016 - 05:58 AM.

#33 Pelmeshek

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,256 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationRussia

Posted 09 July 2016 - 06:36 AM

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...315dd5825b1618a
Can poke, can brawl plus u not need ammo for weapons.

#34 Gyrok

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Colonel III
  • Star Colonel III
  • 5,879 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationPeriphery of the Inner Sphere, moving toward the core worlds with each passing day.

Posted 09 July 2016 - 07:56 AM

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...fc3d817afd7cab9

2 cLPL + 3 ERML

XL275

1 JJ

20 DHS

TC1

#35 Wedge Red Leader

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ogre
  • The Ogre
  • 103 posts
  • LocationYavin 5

Posted 09 July 2016 - 08:25 AM

Bringing the guns to a knife fight...

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...70a336627207719

#36 Dee Eight

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 09 July 2016 - 08:48 AM

HBK-IIC-B

Good mix for a brawler, Pretty close to maximum armor. Quad SRM6-Artemis w/5 tons of ammo gives 20 full volleys, 2 ERML for some distance shooting until you close to SRM range. Maximum speed and jump capability for the chassis, decent heat, only 2 fire groups needed, and heat sinks in the legs help teach new players the value of fighting in water.

#37 Taras Kedyk

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Cub
  • 245 posts
  • LocationUkraine, Lviv

Posted 09 July 2016 - 10:25 AM

HBK-IIC-A
http://mwo.smurfy-ne...a650cbee3f66040

Edited by Taras Kedyk, 09 July 2016 - 10:26 AM.

#38 Ragnahawk

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 645 posts
  • LocationAce in RVN-3L, HBK-4P, CDA-2A, AS7-S, BNC-3M, Won Top Dog Tourny.. Those are my bests

Posted 09 July 2016 - 05:06 PM

HBK-IIC-A 5x MPLas, 1x JJ, XL275
Nerf Please.

Edited by Red Comet1, 09 July 2016 - 05:19 PM.

#39 zyx008

• PipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 24 posts

Posted 09 July 2016 - 07:12 PM

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...2f0159c696bf211

HBK-IIC OR HBK-IIC-C

2UAC10 + FLAMER

6 tons ammo

2 JJ

XL255

#40 ImperialKnight

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,733 posts

Posted 09 July 2016 - 07:27 PM

View PostDee Eight, on 09 July 2016 - 08:48 AM, said:

HBK-IIC-B

Good mix for a brawler, Pretty close to maximum armor. Quad SRM6-Artemis w/5 tons of ammo gives 20 full volleys, 2 ERML for some distance shooting until you close to SRM range. Maximum speed and jump capability for the chassis, decent heat, only 2 fire groups needed, and heat sinks in the legs help teach new players the value of fighting in water.

good build but i feel this is more optimised
http://mwo.smurfy-ne...e22b94511626770

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users