1 Week From July Patch. (Discussion & Updated Roadmap)

130 replies to this topic

#1 Scout Derek

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 8,016 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationSomewhere where you'll probably never go to

Posted 12 July 2016 - 07:48 AM

So, there's going to be a lot coming in this patch.

And I Know some of you won't like some of the new things that are to come. no, not the new mech, but rather, the new assault mode and supply caches that are going to arrive.

The supply cache is undoubtedly going to be a rough mechanic implemented - what I mean is not everyone is going to like how it works. there's going to be, and I call it, threads where people will complain that they did the most in a match and won but still didn't get the crate, or that same scores and same stats in a match but didn't get the crate, things like that.

Now to the new assault mode coming.

It's going to be mixed feelings, I already know, first is dealing with the new things, the air tower, the Jamming tower, and walls.

People will, and I call again, complain on the smaller maps that involve the air tower. By that I mean canyon network and the like.

For me, I'm going to wait and see for myself how it'll be. It should be good, from what I see.

UPDATE:

JULY

Patch Date: July 19th

Release of the Viper
Probably one of the best and most recent examples of how some 'Mechs are being visually updated and modernized with their introduction to MechWarrior Online. Credit again goes to Alex for his amazing concepts, and to one of our new modelers Mark Nicholson. This is Marks first 'Mech since joining us back in October of last year, and he's knocked it out of the park. You can check out the Viper Lore and Blueprint post here.

Supply Caches
Thread on Supply Cache Update here

Decals
Originally slated for August, the Decal system will be arriving in our July patch. ~90 decals will be available from the outset, with further additions and improvements to the Decal system planned for upcoming patches. All decals are single-purchase items; once a decal is acquired it can be applied to any ‘Mech. The Color system is shared between Patterns and Decals; owning a Color allows you to use that Color for Patterns and Decals. There will be six Decal slots available, all of which will be free to use.

Chat system updates
You’ll see some improvements to the in-game Chat system in the July patch. Chat will now be scrollable when the Chat window is ‘active’, and a few quality of life improvements have been implemented to fix issues related to the persistence of chat input between screens.

Save system improvements
The system for saving changes to your ‘Mechs has undergone an extensive technical overhaul for the July patch. Save times will be drastically reduced for players with large inventories of ‘Mechs and equipment. This overhaul also tackles some long-standing Invalid ‘Mech issues that could be caused by saving errors.

Viridian Bog Update
As mentioned in the June patch notes, with the recent addition of two new Level Designers to the PGI staff we are better equipped to more consistently evaluate maps for potential improvements. Following up on a pathing tweak to Forest Colony in the June patch, July sees a beautification and traversal update on Viridian Bog, in addition to a layout adjustment to provide more balanced access to the central terrace mountain.

‘Mech texture brightness fix
‘Mech textures have been adjusted to minimize the darkening of Patterns in certain lighting conditions. This fix has been needed for some time, but with the addition of Decals the desire for increased visibility of ‘Mech customization will be all the greater. Showing off your customization will be much clearer now.

Long Tom adjustments
Blast Radius is being reduced from 300m to 200m, max amount of Damage to a single ‘Mech is being reduced from 150DMG per component to 120 DMG per component.

Looking Ahead to August

Pushed to August: Multiple Drop Decks
A long-requested feature. Each player will be provided with 2 Invasion DropDeck slots and 2 Scouting DropDeck slots in which to save DropDeck configurations, and each DropDeck can be assigned a name for quick reference. You'll also be able to purchase up to 2 additional DropDecks each for both Invasion and Scouting, for an amount of MC to be determined.

New Item for August: Inverse Kinematics
After being removed way back in 2012 due to performance concerns, the engineers have managed to implement a cleaner, less demanding Inverse Kinematics system. This is currently slated for August release.

The August patch will be comprised of more than those two items. An upcoming August road map will cover some of the additional items currently slated for the August patch.

Assault Revamp

Status of the Assault Game Mode
Originally slated for a (very tentative) July release, the revamp of the Assault Game Mode is now slated as a September item.
Prior to release the Assault revamp will be placed onto the Public Test Servers to garner feedback and test it in the wild, but the exact date of that PTS is still to be determined.

The Assault game mode is being revamped to put the focus back onto the primary objective: capturing the opposing base. Completing the objective will be necessary to win the game mode; even if one team is eliminated, the other team will still have to take their base. In order to make the base assault more interesting the bases will better resemble proper bases, with new fortifications and special buildings, instead of solely having a mobile command center placed in the map.

These additions include (pending full testing and tuning) turrets, destructible walls, a jamming tower that produces an ECM effect, a radar tower that produces a UAV effect, and an air control tower that periodically calls in a DropShip to protect the base. While heavier 'Mechs might be better suited to directly assault the opposing base and team, lighter 'Mechs can hunt down and destroy the generators that power the opposing base’s towers, shutting them down to weaken the base’s defenses.

Edited by Procurator Derek, 13 July 2016 - 11:55 AM.

#2 zachyattacky

• PipPip
  • The Bold
  • The Bold
  • 36 posts
  • LocationMn

Posted 12 July 2016 - 07:49 AM

Looking forward to reading the patch notes!

Also looking forward to a new game mode, I'm sure it'll be awesome :D

Edited by zachyattacky, 12 July 2016 - 07:50 AM.

#3 Metus regem

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 10,282 posts
  • LocationNAIS College of Military Science OCS courses

Posted 12 July 2016 - 07:50 AM

I'm some what meh on it, I might patch this month, I might not... MWO has grown very stale with me right now....

#4 MeiSooHaityu

• Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 10,912 posts
  • LocationMI

Posted 12 July 2016 - 07:52 AM

I'll try and keep an open mind about the new game mode and crates.

#5 Jables McBarty

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,035 posts
  • LocationIn the backfield.

Posted 12 July 2016 - 08:00 AM

I'm pretty amped about the new game mode.

Indifferent about the crates. Won't affect me at all. Are they going to be completely random?

#6 Malleus011

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,854 posts

Posted 12 July 2016 - 08:04 AM

Assault mode will at least be different.

You're gonna get a lot of threads hating on the supply cache idea. I'm sure they'll need a katamari.

#7 Alistair Winter

• Storm
  • Storm
  • 10,823 posts
  • LocationBergen, Norway, FRR

Posted 12 July 2016 - 08:05 AM

I thought there was going to be some public testing before the new game mode. Unless it turns out to be great out of the box, I will be kind of disappointed that we didn't get to provide feedback earlier.

The supply caché is a non-issue for me. It's such an uninteresting thing to spend money on, it's like complaining about MC prices for UAVs or unlocking camo. So absurdly uninteresting to spend money on, I don't even have the energy to talk about it.

#8 Sjorpha

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 4,477 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 12 July 2016 - 08:05 AM

As long as the supply caches aren't inside the match itself (only awarded after match) and all the other rewards systems are untouched, then I won't have a problem with them.

If they are in the matches impacting gameplay in any way, or used as an excuse to nerf rewards...well that would be a complete disaster.

The new game mode might be good, I hope it is, but the problem I predict is that giving both teams a strong base is going to lead to both teams camping in their base and the first team that loses their patience will lose the match. To avoid that here needs to be some kind of very significant incentive, and not in the reward system but an actual in game tactical incentive, to attack the enemy rather than camping.

IMO it would be a lot better to have one team defending the base and the other attacking it. That would also be much more realistic, I mean how likely is it that two enemy military bases are built that close to each other?

Imagine a game mode where one team defends a strong base and the attackers has more mechs to compensate, now that would be a game mode worth playing I think.

#9 Scout Derek

• The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 8,016 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationSomewhere where you'll probably never go to

Posted 12 July 2016 - 08:08 AM

View PostSjorpha, on 12 July 2016 - 08:05 AM, said:

The new game mode might be good, I hope it is, but the problem I predict is that giving both teams a strong base is going to lead to both teams camping in their base and the first team that loses their patience will lose the match. To avoid that here needs to be some kind of very significant incentive, and not in the reward system but an actual in game tactical incentive, to attack the enemy rather than camping.

IMO it would be a lot better to have one team defending the base and the other attacking it. That would also be much more realistic, I mean how likely is it that two enemy military bases are built that close to each other?

Imagine a game mode where one team defends a strong base and the attackers has more mechs to compensate, now that would be a game mode worth playing I think.

I have imagined and have played that kind of mode in MechWarrior 4. it was fun but the turrets were jacked up like Dire Wolf's with Nonstop gauss rifles. Not to mention you've got the enemy garrison too to deal with before you even work your way to the core.

#10 Lily from animove

• The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 13,891 posts
  • LocationOn a dropship to Terra

Posted 12 July 2016 - 08:14 AM

Viper hype.

the rest is not very exciting at all.

#11 Cy Mitchell

• The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 2,688 posts

Posted 12 July 2016 - 08:17 AM

I am hopefully optimistic. I look forward to any new mode that may give more complex objectives other than just wiping out the other team. At this point, I do not really care about the supply crates. Unless they have some amazing possibilities of rewards for opening them I will just sell any I get for more C-Bills.

I am getting the Viper so a new Mech to try out is always interesting. I am also interested to see what kind of quirk adjustments will be coming in light of the re-scale in the June patch and the forum cry.........errr I mean feedback.

Plus there may be a few other surprises to spice things up.

#12 Spleenslitta

• Ace Of Spades
  • 2,617 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 12 July 2016 - 08:18 AM

Unless we get an energy production mechanic like they have discussed so many times in the Feature suggestion part of the forum or Free for All Solaris i will probably not give a flying drunk monkeys arse whats in the patch.

#13 Pariah Devalis

• The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 7,655 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationAboard the NCS True Path

Posted 12 July 2016 - 08:21 AM

Crates... I intend to ignore. If I get one, I get one. Fantastic. Not spending money on MC for keys, but if I have spare MC from events I might get a key or two. Nothing more, nothing less. I expect PGI to roll exclusive items into the crates, too, to sweeten the deal to try and open them, but.... I hate gambling.

New assault mode? I'd have prefered it to have been asymmetric. That said, having actual bases with defenses that require a capture, so long as you cannot win just through destroying the enemy team? Could be interesting. Might find games where one side gets wiped out, but the other gets so badly thrashed it cannot secure the capture, and ends in a draw.

#14 Queen of England

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 288 posts

Posted 12 July 2016 - 08:24 AM

Did we get details on the new assault mode when I wasn't looking?

#15 Weeny Machine

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,014 posts
  • LocationAiming for the flat top (B. Murray)

Posted 12 July 2016 - 08:29 AM

Did they say when they intend to implement the "power draw system" aka Ghost Heat 2.0 ?

#16 Pariah Devalis

• The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 7,655 posts
  • LocationAboard the NCS True Path

Posted 12 July 2016 - 08:31 AM

View PostQueen of England, on 12 July 2016 - 08:24 AM, said:

Did we get details on the new assault mode when I wasn't looking?

Town Halls are generally worth listening to. :P

#17 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 12 July 2016 - 08:47 AM

View PostProcurator Derek, on 12 July 2016 - 07:48 AM, said:

So, there's going to be a lot coming in this patch.

And I Know some of you won't like some of the new things that are to come. no, not the new mech, but rather, the new assault mode and supply caches that are going to arrive.

The supply cache is undoubtedly going to be a rough mechanic implemented - what I mean is not everyone is going to like how it works. there's going to be, and I call it, threads where people will complain that they did the most in a match and won but still didn't get the crate, or that same scores and same stats in a match but didn't get the crate, things like that.

Now to the new assault mode coming.

It's going to be mixed feelings, I already know, first is dealing with the new things, the air tower, the Jamming tower, and walls.

People will, and I call again, complain on the smaller maps that involve the air tower. By that I mean canyon network and the like.

For me, I'm going to wait and see for myself how it'll be. It should be good, from what I see.

I just wanna know if I can get 1ups, PowerUps, etc? Do the coinboxes give me seeker shells, racoon suits and other groovy stuff? Posted Image

View PostPariah Devalis, on 12 July 2016 - 08:31 AM, said:

Town Halls are generally worth listening to. Posted Image

that's..... debatable. And hinges on certain parties alcohol consumption prior and during.

#18 Sigilum Sanctum

• Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 1,673 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 12 July 2016 - 08:51 AM

If domination is any indication of the new Assault mode, I have minimal faith at best.

#19 meteorol

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,848 posts

Posted 12 July 2016 - 08:55 AM

New assault will be TDM. Just like every single future gamemode PGI comes up with will be, if they insist on their "no respawn policy". Within MWOs current frame of gameplay and maps, and even within PGIs possible ceiling everything will just come down to TDM if we stick to the no respawn environment.

#20 TercieI

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 8,151 posts
  • LocationThe Far Country

Posted 12 July 2016 - 08:58 AM

New assault can be terrible and still be better than current assault.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users