Patch Notes - 1.4.79 - 19-Jul-2016

442 replies to this topic

#41 nero37

• PipPip
  • The Scythe
  • The Scythe
  • 33 posts

Posted 15 July 2016 - 08:43 PM

ok so im a relly big fan of the locust and i can see why they would nerf it, but why would you completely remove the duration quirk from almost all of them. all they had to do was decrease some of them by half of maybe less but not completely removeing them. all-in-all looks like a fine patch but i think they over did it with completely removing most of there duration quirks.

Edited by nero37, 15 July 2016 - 08:45 PM.

#42 meteorol

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,848 posts

Posted 15 July 2016 - 08:44 PM

And the Leaderboard changes lel. Instead of fixing the fact that like 15 of 20 players in the top 20 had less than 2 Games by simply making it 30 Matches required to appear on the board... you changed the default settings to total wins, putting all the 1 Game alts to the bottom of "default " View, in the desperate hope people will forget about how useless the leaderboard is when it doesn't slap them in the face with it the second they open it.

That is some embarassing stuff right there.

#43 Navid A1

• CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • 4,931 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 15 July 2016 - 08:52 PM

PGI.

PGI.

When i pay MC for something, i expect to know EXACTLY what i'm receiving... randomness and spinning wheel is a no go when it comes to real money.

#44 Dee Eight

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 15 July 2016 - 09:17 PM

Then don't buy the keys. Just look at what's in the box and then sell them for 50k cbills each. Simple. Chances are though they'll put keys as rewards for event goals.

#45 Hastur Azargo

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Angel
  • The Angel
  • 226 posts
  • LocationGloriana class battleship "Red Tear"

Posted 15 July 2016 - 09:32 PM

Ooooh what a patch! Posted Image
Look at the amount of work! Decals, Viper, rain and thunderstorm in Viridian, KDK nerfs, and saving! OMG, the saving, the pestilence that's been plaguing me since 2012! It's literally been the reason I was reluctant to launch the game a lot of times. I'm so glad that's out of the way.

Grand Fine Job, PGI! Posted Image

#46 Dee Eight

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 15 July 2016 - 09:37 PM

i AM looking forwards to the new bog with night time and thunderstorms.... wonder if the rain will increase cooling of mechs. Would be nice if it did.

#47 Steel Raven

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,367 posts

Posted 15 July 2016 - 10:01 PM

Looking forward to the Revised Bog (storm effects! ) and the decals but see but seeing the two Catapults I just bought are about to get Nerf kinda ruined it for me. Congrats, you just told me to not buy Jester.

As for the Mad and Wammy... why!? The second time you nerf both mechs, why!?

Well, at least my Kodiak 1 is no longer a big paper bullseye

Edited by Steel Raven, 15 July 2016 - 10:02 PM.

#48 xVLFBERHxT

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wrath
  • The Wrath
  • 698 posts

Posted 15 July 2016 - 10:04 PM

At last i can play a tartan highlander king crab!

#49 CycKath

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,574 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationSE QLD, Australia

Posted 15 July 2016 - 10:31 PM

So many cool merc unit insigina... but won't buy any decals as it doesn't look like ComStar is any option :(

#50 Navid A1

• CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • 4,931 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 15 July 2016 - 10:33 PM

So if I want to use machine guns on my viper, I have to run VPR-C and VPR-C only?... with all C pods?

Bravo PGI... Your determination in keeping machine guns as trash as possible knows no bounds... if only mankind had that level of determination in their everyday lives.
Even when you make a case where they are useful, you combine it with a dozen more punishment.... thanks.. thank you so much!

#51 Itachi The Prodigy

• PipPip
  • Clan Exemplar
  • Clan Exemplar
  • 29 posts
  • Locationinside your wife...

Posted 15 July 2016 - 10:56 PM

Why would PGI say this????
Branches on large trees (try not to disturb the wildlife)

Edited by Itachi The Prodigy, 15 July 2016 - 10:56 PM.

#52 Kurbeks

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 337 posts

Posted 15 July 2016 - 11:02 PM

Poor blackjack. 4th Nerf since xmas :)

#53 Dee Eight

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 15 July 2016 - 11:25 PM

i ONLY own two blackjacks (Champ and Hero)... really the nerfing just gives me an excuse to give the vindicators a go. I've only used the BJs during this event in the past two months anyway.

Edited by Dee Eight, 15 July 2016 - 11:32 PM.

#54 SeekanDestroy

• PipPip
  • The Stryker
  • The Stryker
  • 45 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 15 July 2016 - 11:31 PM

Yes, I just bought the Blackjack mastery pack. And now they nerf it reducing the structure quirks! And I can´t say that this mech is very tanky. Especially the Arrow with the 6 machine guns now is useless. You have to face the enemy directly and the structure nerf is reducing your chance of survival drastically. Also the second nerf of the Quickdraw. The same issue. The QKD with his huge side torsos also lost some of the structure quirks. Not mentioning the energy weapon nerf of the last patch. And this mech is not played very often. So why?

#55 Dee Eight

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 15 July 2016 - 11:34 PM

View PostMajor Lag, on 15 July 2016 - 11:30 PM, said:

And do not let my tiny amount of Forum Warrior Fame fool you. I helped populate about 2,400 games as of the stats page.

I am at 4,960 games and going.

Edited by Dee Eight, 15 July 2016 - 11:34 PM.

#56 Rock Roller

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hitman
  • The Hitman
  • 310 posts
  • LocationPacific North West USA

Posted 15 July 2016 - 11:38 PM

From my point of view it looks as if PGI is trying to bring the overall quirk levels down. IE make most mechs somewhat equal in their weight class. The patch looks to be a good one. I see about half a dozen complaint threads answered. I see improvements the community has asked for. I see pet mechs buffed and nerfed. All in all I think is looks like you guys put in some good work.

You know what, after all the bitching that I have read above; I am going to say good job. Most of the time you know its fair when everyone is complaining.

View PostMajor Lag, on 15 July 2016 - 11:30 PM, said:

Moar Powah to dem CLANS! Oh, wait. P2W for Kodiaks has worn off it seems (anyone actually believe the QUAC10 issue really was a bug??). Time to buy a new mechpack, maybe a medium this time? Viper's imminent.. you know?

Fitting the picture, the most dire threats to pilots enjoying their new P2W mechs has been eliminated by nerfing most lights through the ground and back into the molten core they originally came from.

This is not the kind of game I want to continue playing. Hoping for soonish decline of this approach and that someone with a clue takes over the rights to the franchise.

See you NOT on this games` battlefields anymore.

And do not let my tiny amount of Forum Warrior Fame fool you. I helped populate about 2,400 games as of the stats page.

Decaf helps.

#57 Coralld

• Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 3,952 posts
  • LocationSan Diego, CA

Posted 15 July 2016 - 11:43 PM

Almost everything in this patch is great. I personally couldn't care less about the loot box thing or what ever. Also, I think Russ made the mistake by allowing Paul to play with the nerf bat because a lot of these nerfs were either way over done or not necessary at all.
I can understand nerfing the Kodiak 3, but the others? The others didn't need to get hit. Also the Mad and Wars. Why?! Particularly the BH2, it's max 300 engine cap was enough of a nerf. They were just fine. And the BJs. What happened here? Did a Black Jack cheat Paul and or Russ in a game of 21? Also lets not forget the Locusts. Why nerf the Locusts? Just... WHY?!

#58 K19

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 3
  • Mercenary Rank 3
  • 355 posts
  • LocationPortugal

Posted 15 July 2016 - 11:52 PM

Changes to Long Tom Artillery

• Maximum amount of Damage that can be dealt to a single 'Mech is now 1320 DMG (120 DMG per Component).
• That is a reduction from the previous 1650 DMG (150 DMG per Component).
• Total Blast Radius is now 200 m (reduced from 300 m).
• Epicenter Damage Radius is now 30 m (reduced from 50 m).
• Epicenter Damage Radius is the Radius in which 'Mechs take maximum damage.

Posted Image More work for "long tom" is useful for the game and not to scare away the CW ... As part of the selection to run a "long tom" shoots 1 mech among many or stopped mech group not same area for a long time .

Not bad for a great arrangement. Note the trigger point of the missiles in Archer when used streaks. Notice the Anglo Victor arm Posted Image plz

#59 Desintegrator

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,225 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 15 July 2016 - 11:53 PM

Oh no PGI !

You just have destroyed Frozen City with the last patch and now you do the same with Viridian !

Yeah, of course, I haven't played the new map but I know that it will be worse, because nobody of the Map designers haved played it after the modification - and now we have again a map which is unplayable !

And with the last patch you pimped the Locust with a dramatic decreased size, even if it was very small before.
Now you have seen the match scores (and surprise, surprise) you now need to nerf the Locust !

The nerfing and pimping system of MWO has gone insane and with every patch it is getting worse, because you need to fix the failures of the last patch. It's the same problem here -> when you never play the Mechs you change, you dont know the effects !

And that is a thing that will never change !

#60 Besh

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 1,088 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 15 July 2016 - 11:55 PM

Just had gotten somewhat proficient in IS Jenners -> enter rescale .

Suddenly, killing a Jenner is about half as hard as it was before . Not that they really died TOO hard before ( all it needed was someone who understood to stand still and take aimed shots when in something bigger than a Light themselves, instead of freakishly running around in circles crazily mashing fire buttons, . Or SRMs/SSRMs .), but now its become....easy to kill a Jenner .

Sooo...I decide to buy Locust Mastery Pack . Excellent Deal/Value . Locusts even faster, and smaller ! Excellent Posted Image .

Took a few days to get used to, aiming at 165 kph aint that easy, very unforgiving ( dont bump into anything when fighting/visible or *doh*, dont run over any edge too fast when Legs alredy dmged or *doh*, dont stand still mostly or *doh* ), but then -> loads of fun .

Enter Patch 1.4.79 .

My 3 Locust Variants ( PB, 1E, 3M ), changed a lot . The ability on the 1E and 3M to dish dmg. fast reduced ( Laser duration was something that really gave you and edge over some other Lights...you still needed some skill to actually be able to land those shots, but if you had that skill, you were able to outplay others . That advantage is now gone/ redcued . Especially the 1E will now fall easy prey to a lot of Lights... ) . Additional Armor reduced . Do you guys even have an IDEA what it means for a Locust to loose 10 points of Armor on a Leg ???

I mean, my Leg Armor turns yellow by being grazed frome some ranged Lazors of Mechs way out of my Sensor Range once too often already...now, trying to run anywhere over somewhat open space while being visible prolly means my Legs will simply get stripped .

The Locust is not really easy to play, and it is easily killed . With this Patch, it becomes harder to play it, and a lot easier to kill it .

Idk., havent Lights ALWAYS been the least played Class ? Does it really HAVE to be made MORE unattratcive ?

Not amused by the Changes .

Rest of the Patch mostly really interesting and "Well done PGI!" . Locust Nerfs...more than *meh!* .

Edited by Besh, 16 July 2016 - 01:22 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users