442 replies to this topic

#61 Peter Overheater

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 119 posts
  • LocationGazorpazorp

Posted 16 July 2016 - 12:12 AM

Guess i have to switch back to Dual Gauss+PPC for my KDK3.

BTW the EXE needs some Structure Quirks!

#62 nero37

• PipPip
  • The Scythe
  • The Scythe
  • 33 posts

Posted 16 July 2016 - 12:15 AM

you know it humors me to see them nerf the locusts in such a way it makes me think they watch us good locust pilots pulling 400-500 almost every match we play and they think its cause the mech is overpowered and they dont think of the fact that were skilled light pilots, and that offends me personaly.

and to also add to the fact is that they took armor from the mech, TOOK AWAY ARMOR, ya you heard that right they took structure from a mech that can actualy get killed with a single shot already.

Edited by nero37, 16 July 2016 - 12:22 AM.

#63 Alienized

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 3,781 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 16 July 2016 - 12:22 AM

can you please screw up crimson strait the way it happened to frozen city? the most boring map ever.

or completely remove map voting since some maps never get played anymore.

#64 Besh

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 1,088 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 16 July 2016 - 12:24 AM

View Postnero37, on 16 July 2016 - 12:15 AM, said:

you know it humors me to see them nerf the locusts in such a way it makes me think they watch us good locust pilots pulling 400-500 almost every match we play and they think its cause the mech is overpowered and they dont think of the fact that were skilled light pilots, and that offends me personaly.

and to also add to the fact is that they took armor from the mech, TOOK AWAY ARMOR, ya you heard that right they took structure from a mech that can actualy get killed with a single shot already.

^This .

I have seen pilots in PUGs who obviously thought piloting Lights would be easy mode for highdmg./kills, and watched them fail miserably . To rake in the numbers the better Pilots do ( I include myself ), it really takes Skill. And experience . And Luck . And a good Team .

I have made Ace of Spades in a LCT . My Top dmg so far = 1379, in a LCT . Nothing of that was easy . And everything of that could have been ended by ONE WELL PLACED SHOT . That is reality for us every single Game, and if that one shot does NOT happen, I consider myself lucky . And then I still need to work a hell lot, and make no mistake, to get to the numbers I often do ( did, I guess ).

Edited by Besh, 16 July 2016 - 12:55 AM.

#65 Shard Phoenix

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 303 posts
  • LocationPugsville, Pugistan.

Posted 16 July 2016 - 12:41 AM

Yet another patch that showcases how ludicrous "balancing by quirks" is.

Quirks should have always just been "flavor" things that didn't have a huge impact on overall performance.

Instead they became MW:O's version of a drunk, obnoxious, visiting relative who refuses to leave.....

#66 nero37

• PipPip
  • The Scythe
  • The Scythe
  • 33 posts

Posted 16 July 2016 - 12:43 AM

View PostBesh, on 16 July 2016 - 12:24 AM, said:

^This .

I have seen pilots in PUGs who obviously thought piloting Lights would be easy mode for highdmg./kills, and watched them fail miserably . To rake in the numbers the better Pilots do ( I include myself ), it really takes Skill. And experience . And Luck . And a good Team .

I have made Ace of Spades in a LCT . My Top dmg so far = 1379, in a LCT . Nothing of that was easy . And everything of that could have been ended by ONE WELL PLACED SHOT . That is reality for us every single Game, and if that one shot does NOT happen, I consider myself lucky . And then I still need to work a hell lot, and make no mistake, to get to the numbers I often do .

my exact point these mechs are a simple chew toy to any mech if you dont know how to play them, but in the right hands and only in the right hands is this mech a beautiful thing, ive seen countless people play this mech and get utterly destroyed thinking there invinsible when there realy not.

and as for me in term of skill with the locust, in a general rule of thumb of 100 matches played on the leader board i am rank 50-60 of the top light pilots and my best match with my 1v with 1 lrg pulse is 1,019 dmg with 4 kills. for other frustrated locust pilots please speak out because if we dont this mech is just going to be another lab rat for quirk nerfs just as the bj is right now, and that is something i dont want to see.

Edited by nero37, 16 July 2016 - 12:47 AM.

#67 Melcom J Reynolds

• PipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 50 posts
  • LocationAschaffenburg/Germany

Posted 16 July 2016 - 12:49 AM

Thanks for the IS Mechs "Quirk Adjustment"
I Think to make a Break with playing MWO for a while.

#68 Besh

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 1,088 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 16 July 2016 - 12:52 AM

View Postnero37, on 16 July 2016 - 12:43 AM, said:

[...]. for other frustrated locust pilots please speak out because if we dont this mech is just going to be another lab rat for quirk nerfs just as the bj is right now, and that is something i dont want to see.

Tbh., I expect my LCTs to end up in my Stable gathering dust unused pretty soon . I will ofc. play them right after the patch for a while to experience the changes ...

With the Jenners, I think it took me 3 days or so bfore I decided I'll just not pilot them much anymore . And I am afraid its going to be the same with the LCTs . I mean...10 POINTS OF ARMOR ON LEGS GONE .

Friggin hell...

Edited by Besh, 16 July 2016 - 12:54 AM.

#69 Elizander

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 7,540 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 16 July 2016 - 01:02 AM

I play my Catapults and Battlemasters. I'm okay with the changes listed here. :3

#70 nero37

• PipPip
  • The Scythe
  • The Scythe
  • 33 posts

Posted 16 July 2016 - 01:05 AM

ya but unfortunately its a bit to late for me to throw in the towel.iv'e been playing these mechs since the day they first came out, and iv'e put around about 89 hours of play time into them so im already to far in to give up.

Edited by nero37, 16 July 2016 - 01:06 AM.

#71 Falconer Cyrus

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 168 posts
  • LocationIronhold

Posted 16 July 2016 - 01:11 AM

> Quick Play Leaderboard changes
Imho, Leaderboard should be constructed in the other way:
games played by a player for last month (or two, or like this) should be taken into account (e.g. my leaderboard data for today should include the period from 16.06 to 16.07; tomorrow - from 17.06 to 17.07).
No seasons please.

#72 nero37

• PipPip
  • The Scythe
  • The Scythe
  • 33 posts

Posted 16 July 2016 - 01:14 AM

View PostFalconer Cyrus, on 16 July 2016 - 01:11 AM, said:

> Quick Play Leaderboard changes
Imho, Leaderboard should be constructed in the other way:
games played by a player for last month (or two, or like this) should be taken into account (e.g. my leaderboard data for today should include the period from 16.06 to 16.07; tomorrow - from 17.06 to 17.07).
No seasons please.

one good way that they could do it, is they could limit your entry on the list to the amount of games played, the amount i always try to go for is about 100 matches played to truly there position on the board which im probably still going to do after the patch

#73 AngrySpartan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 349 posts

Posted 16 July 2016 - 01:28 AM

Looking forward to most of the changes of the patch, nice!

Catapults, Nova's, MAD 3R, KDK-3, WHM-BW and LCT lost some of the quirks, not bad! Laser duration quirks adjusted - even better! IMHO they shoulld be treated like energy range - no quirks with more than 10% bonus.

On the other hand:
-BH-2 is already crippled with its engene size and no lower arm actuators
-WHMs lost agility, not the structure.
-BJ's were nerfed too much.
-KDK 1 and 5 are still garbage. KDK 2 nerfed? No sense.
-BLR 2C still has its 50% structure buff???
-Finally, new "set of eight" omni pod bonus. Interesting concept, poor implementation. No one would bother keeping stock omnipods, unless there is a solid stock hardpoints (Viper-M) or significant "Set" bonus (guess who? Viper-M!!!). Still looking forward for the next iteration of this.

Edited by AngrySpartan, 16 July 2016 - 01:30 AM.

#74 Dee Eight

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 16 July 2016 - 01:37 AM

Locusts got a shrinkage. Thus they no longer needed the armor quirks to keep them alive.

#75 D V Devnull

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,247 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 16 July 2016 - 01:41 AM

This patch was ALMOST palatable... Then PGI goes around making the one mistake of nerfing the wrong mechs, almost as if in a conspiracy to force people to pay Real Life $$$ to buy new mechs. So wrong... Just, so wrong. Now I'm going to have 3 Catapults (Who needs to mention models? They ALL got hit!) that I was trying to master, which instead land up just being left unused and unmastered. Plus, now I've got a Nova that I barely earned from an event, and basic'd, only to find out that PGI is bent on making me not touch it again. Those two chassis were already having trouble competing, as I quite well know from personal experience. I've already had a bad time taking down a heavier ARC-5W with my CPLT-C4, and it looks like I may now be shot for trying to ever stay alive in a match with Catapults and Novas now. :(

Quit doing your overkill nerfing, PGI... You're driving people away again, and taking an LB-10X/AC to your own feet. Heck, let's put it this way... QUIT DRAGGING US WITH YOU TO THE "DEIMOS ANOMALY" AND/OR "PHOBOS ANOMALY"! WE NEVER ASKED TO BE IN "DOOM 1 (AND/OR 2)" WHEN WE'RE PLAYING "MECHWARRIOR ONLINE"! -_-

~Mr. D. V. "I hate yelling two sentences. Welcome to hell, reasonable-minded pilots. We're NOT enjoying this." Devnull

(p.s.: Music of the moment? Look at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=20R04u4n4wg if you wish to know.)

#76 Besh

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 1,088 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 16 July 2016 - 01:49 AM

View PostDee Eight, on 16 July 2016 - 01:37 AM, said:

Locusts got a shrinkage. Thus they no longer needed the armor quirks to keep them alive.

Erh...just asking, do you have anymuch experience piloting LCTs ? I am just asking because I wonder whether you really can assess what kind of impact the 10 less Leg Armor will have on LCT play(ers) .

To be more precise: consider LRMs . Consider SRM/SSRMs . Consider that already ( even after the shrinkage ) it is very common for LCTs to get their Legs grazed by Lazors from mid to longrange by skilled Pilots . I mean heck, its not even that uncommon for a LCT running at full Speed to get hit by a Ballistic .

10 points less Armor on Legs will make a WORLD of difference on surviveability/viability . Actually, the Leg Armor reduction retroactively made the shrinkage a Problem for the LCT .

Edited by Besh, 16 July 2016 - 01:57 AM.

#77 Steve Pryde

• Ace Of Spades
  • 1,466 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 16 July 2016 - 01:55 AM

Why didn't you buff the Dire Wolf? No one takes a Dire Wolf so long the Kodiak exists even after this "nerf". Dire Wolf torso twist range for example is since the release a big joke (60 degrees without skills I believe). Kodiak has extremly high mount weapons, better torsotwist, endosteel+ferro and modifiable engine.

View PostAurihalcon, on 15 July 2016 - 05:26 PM, said:

Aw maaaaan! My poor locusts!

Oh well. I guess their freakishly small size meant they had to be debuffed somehow...

Not debuffed, normalized. Acceleration quirks are still there.

Edited by Steve Pryde, 16 July 2016 - 02:06 AM.

#78 Ninjah

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 307 posts
  • LocationComstar Lounge

Posted 16 July 2016 - 02:08 AM

Good patch, all OP/meta mechs got smacked by a nerf hammer. Kodiaks were really too much, especially KDK3 (I own em). Locust were super annoying and hard to kill (been doing over 500dmg consistently in 3M lately). Every unit has a legion of warhammers so that was expected (same for battlemasters). Quickdraws were soo hard to kill, thank God. Nova... ok, guess so. Cheeter... too much nerf, they were relatively easy to disable/leg.

Overall a really nice patch (on paper)!

#79 Garuda4711

• Pip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 14 posts

Posted 16 July 2016 - 02:21 AM

Bye, bye Catapult!

You had some YEARS of being a mech for connoiseurs only, as your oversized design made you an easy target for everybody.

Then you had exactly 1 month of being competitive to other heavies.

Now, some some guys at PGI seem to have been killed by a CPLT, so they make you disappear into uselessness again.

I still love you! Posted Image (just can't play you anymore)

---
Seriously PGI, what did you have in mind removing 25 (!) points of structure and armor from each arm, which is almost as huge as a light mech and carries most of the weaponry?

Edited by Garuda4711, 16 July 2016 - 02:31 AM.

#80 Steve Pryde

• Ace Of Spades
  • 1,466 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 16 July 2016 - 02:21 AM

View PostPraetorGix, on 15 July 2016 - 07:54 PM, said:

LOL, cause only IS nerfs are bad huh? Guess what, Novas and cheetahs didn't need nerfing either. Ah but I guess clamz op right?

It's funny, clan mechs get nerfs and nobody whines, IS mechs get nerfs and the forum is flooded by tears.

<--- pilots both sides, so pls no stupid clan hate.

View PostGaruda4711, on 16 July 2016 - 02:21 AM, said:

Seriously PGI, what did you have in mind removing 25 (!) points of structure and armor from each arm, which is almost as huge as a light mech and carries most of the weaponry?

Sorry but the structure quirks where just too much. Yesterday I tried to shot off an arm from a splat Catapult (it was hiding and I only saw the "arm"), it was funny how much the arm could take before it fall off.

Edited by Steve Pryde, 16 July 2016 - 02:24 AM.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users