442 replies to this topic

#101 Mayor West

Rookie

• The Money Maker
  • The Money Maker
  • 4 posts
  • LocationDurham

Posted 16 July 2016 - 05:00 AM

Another punch in the nads. 1.8G of ultra nerfing. . Someone here is walking on thinner and thinner ice. I wonder when PGI will initiate first damage control Posted Image

#102 Tarogato

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 6,557 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 16 July 2016 - 05:01 AM

View PostSteve Pryde, on 16 July 2016 - 01:55 AM, said:

Why didn't you buff the Dire Wolf? No one takes a Dire Wolf so long the Kodiak exists even after this "nerf". Dire Wolf torso twist range for example is since the release a big joke (60 degrees without skills I believe). Kodiak has extremly high mount weapons, better torsotwist, endosteel+ferro and modifiable engine.

The Direwolf does *NOT* deserve buffs. How I see it, this is approximately how things currently are:

Posted Image

We don't need to buff mechs that are already better than the average in class. What we need to do is debuff the best mechs and buff the weakest. Buffing the Direwolf would only *contribute* to powercreep.

#103 Steve Pryde

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,467 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 16 July 2016 - 05:07 AM

View PostTarogato, on 16 July 2016 - 05:01 AM, said:

The Direwolf does *NOT* deserve buffs. How I see it, this is approximately how things currently are:

Posted Image

We don't need to buff mechs that are already better than the average in class. What we need to do is debuff the best mechs and buff the weakest. Buffing the Direwolf would only *contribute* to powercreep.

Oh yeah, more torso twist range will make it op!

Really, some guys are really morons.

#104 LordLosh

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blood-Eye
  • The Blood-Eye
  • 409 posts

Posted 16 July 2016 - 05:11 AM

Assault mode still ringing around the Rosie. Estimated for this patch now not till September?????? I understand things started to probably creep bigger and bigger witch equals more problems but Russ if you can make a good ball park estimate maybe you shouldn't be saying anything not delivering is alot worse then saying work in progress
4 uac10 no biggie if you can't torso twist and click right then left mouse button please practice.
Locust nerfs....... why don't think any of them where game changers you need to get a set quirk system in place your pissing alot of people off for no reason. All games balance almost every patch but you guys do knee jerk changes every time with no explanation or reasoning
Everything else looks good minus the time you wasted on supply catch. I see other games trying this too I just can't imagine people are that dumb to bleed money like that. If you any of those items save time effort and probably money and just buy them out right?
Can we please have the leader boards broken down per mech or even weight class? Please

#105 Boyka

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 123 posts

Posted 16 July 2016 - 05:20 AM

Nerf hammer hit again, some of those changes are nosense, Locust 1V from -50% laser duration to 0 losing his zapping peculiarity, and -10 armor in both legs its really huge nerf for a 20t, this mech need a skilled pilot to be used properly, now it loses both long range and skirmish abilities.

Then how is possible to balance a quirk from -50% to 0? Are you serious?

Catapult loses all arm structure bonus were their main weapon are.. did you ever try a catapult? even with rescale the ability of losing arms is real.

Warhammer and Marauder got 3° nerf in a row.. big rescale, weapons and structure and now even mobility..

Does Russ hate IS so much?

#106 ManOfAthens

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 31 posts

Posted 16 July 2016 - 05:21 AM

Good patch. Removing all armor quirks from the arms of the missile catapults may have been a bit much but we will see.

That said, I've got a question about decals:

In the OP, "Unit Decals" are mentioned, but as far as I can tell, there is no example.

View PostInnerSphereNews, on 15 July 2016 - 04:39 PM, said:

The majority of Decals are 'colorable'; their default Color can be changed using the standard Color swatches.
Certain Decals, such as Faction Decals and Unit Decals, are color-locked. Their Colors cannot be modified.

Are/how are Unit Decals being implemented? or is this a simple miss-type?

If they are being implemented, what should we expect? Unit Tags? Images? Can the Unit create a layered tag? What price tier would this fall under?

Any response would be appreciated.... Thanks.

#107 AngrySpartan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 349 posts

Posted 16 July 2016 - 05:21 AM

View PostD V Devnull, on 16 July 2016 - 04:25 AM, said:

They were nerfed considerably and properly at "Patch 1.4.73, 2016-06-21", right along with the Massive Mech Re-Scale, and since then have been actual proper Mechs that could really play a part in a battle.
~D. V. "seeing hell coming, all while PGI is blind to their errors" Devnull

Right, that's exactly what I deliberately prefer to ignore. Let's see:
Catapult: -3 to -4 structure and armour(arms) across the board. Total A+S was reduced by approx. 8% on arms and 3% elsewhere. Mech was shrinked what, roughly 30%? Isn't it a buff than?
Nova: -2 to -3 structure on legs and torsos and -5 (-6) armor/structure for arms. It gives 6% durability lost on arms and about 2% on the torsos and legs. Nova was shrinked about 20% or smth. like this? Don't remember the number.

Indeed significant "nerf" to those chassis. Sorry for sarcasm, but we clearly not on the same page here. The battlefield will judge us next week though.

BTW it's sort of a PGI fault, presenting information in a way you should dig in to understand it's significance. Both A+S details should be in a game HUD long time ago, with acc./decel., twist speed, turn rate, etc. values presented in a proper way, both taking quirks into account with absolute and relative values. Mech comparison tool would have been a blessing for common players and a relief from overdramatic whiners.

Edited by AngrySpartan, 16 July 2016 - 05:28 AM.

#108 Boyka

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 123 posts

Posted 16 July 2016 - 05:44 AM

View PostTarogato, on 16 July 2016 - 05:01 AM, said:

Posted Image

Where do you get this stat? Are there also avaiable for other classes?

Edited by Boyka, 16 July 2016 - 05:51 AM.

#109 Tarogato

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 6,557 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 16 July 2016 - 05:56 AM

View PostBoyka, on 16 July 2016 - 05:44 AM, said:

Where do you get this stat? Are there also avaiable for other classes?

No, literally just my impression, arbitrarily, how the chasses in the assault class stack up to one another. Most people, I've found, generally agree with the assessment.

#110 MaD hAtTeR nInJa

• PipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 24 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 16 July 2016 - 05:58 AM

My biggest issue is with this patch is the Supply Caches. If you are going to offer random loot crates, they need to be opened for free or for Cbills, NOT MC. I don't mind paying a large sum of Cbills for a supply cache, but not MC. Especially since we have no idea what could be in them. Yes it is random, but I don't like paying MC for a "chance" at whatever might be in there.

After reading some comments, I went back in and saw the quirk changes to the IS mechs in the game. WTF!!! So now locusts are back to being worthless, THANKS, and you have to gimp both the Warhammer and the Marauder. I am not as upset about the Catapult quirk changes, but they do seem stupid. I guess we will have to see how much they broke them on Tuesday.

Edited by MaD hAtTeR nInJa, 16 July 2016 - 06:05 AM.

#111 Boaz Roshak

• PipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 96 posts
  • LocationApperently , back on the island

Posted 16 July 2016 - 06:02 AM

lol at key price. so if I buy 10 at once it will cost me the same as if I buy them one at a time 10 times--. So what was the point in offering them in a 10 pack simply that I could buy 10 at once. wee woo throw a party.

#112 Cyrilis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hero of Rasalhague
  • Hero of Rasalhague
  • 762 posts
  • LocationRas Alhague Insane Asylum, most of the time in the pen where they lock up the Urbie pilots

Posted 16 July 2016 - 06:12 AM

View PostScanz, on 16 July 2016 - 03:29 AM, said:

SCROLL CHAT AFTER 2 YEARS ! WOHOO

read road map

Ah... didn't catch that yet. Thx

#113 CmdrA

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 50 posts

Posted 16 July 2016 - 06:14 AM

I'm sorry, what. Why the 1V of all locusts? The mech only has 1 energy hardpoint, and thats all it really can use because ballistics on it even with MGs take up too much weight and space for ammo along with a singular large energy weapon. Taking away its energy duration quirk completely kills the mech. It literally cannot do anything because its a full laser burn duration now. The quirks are getting worse and worse

The black jack was fine where it was honestly. It didn't need any change in its overall quirks imho. They kinda die fast as is, due to their increased size, but now taking away their buffer of health is going to kill them off completely. I already had side torsos lost in one shots before these changes, I can imagine instant deaths now from now on.

Edited by CmdrA, 16 July 2016 - 06:24 AM.

#114 Whiplash Wally

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 72 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 16 July 2016 - 07:04 AM

Great, now locusts will be legged when they brush up against each other right out of the dropship....

Edited by Whiplash Wally, 16 July 2016 - 07:05 AM.

#115 Helene de Montfort

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 262 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationPays de Loire

Posted 16 July 2016 - 07:24 AM

You nerfed locusts...

And mobility of WHM and MAD...

I was trying to find something constructive to say, but all that come to my mind is : FU

#116 Sonny Black

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 445 posts
  • LocationThe Motion Lounge

Posted 16 July 2016 - 07:40 AM

Call To Arms: The display of Call To Arms alerts can now be toggled through Settings > Game > Notification Settings.

#117 Ironically Ironclad Irony

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Boombox
  • 192 posts

Posted 16 July 2016 - 07:52 AM

Relax innersphere it will all work out when heat 2.0 hits and clan can only chainfire the rest of the match after their initial alpha...

No one mentions the nerf to the God Tom...

You might actually survive it if you are outside of 200m...

#118 White Bear 84

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,857 posts

Posted 16 July 2016 - 08:11 AM

View PostSchroedingers Hat, on 15 July 2016 - 06:58 PM, said:

By all means nerf the locust 1E, and maybe the 3S and 3M if you must, but the others were fine. Also why do PGI always go way overboard with nerfing things? The locust is now going to be almost as useless as the other IS lights since the rescale (or is the goal to make lights not a viable option?)

PGI don't like it when something becomes good...

Only justification can make here is the reduction in KDK quirks and increase in Kintaro quirks.. ..but hitting the BJ with the bat AGAIN, the warhammer AGAIN, and basically stripping locust's of their best abilities.. ..even the battlemaster while it had its moments.. qtf? Basically make mech Dragonslayer level, while still leaving underwhelming mechs like the vindicator still hanging.. ..makes total sense.

For the first time in a while, having constantly been a big supporter I actually feel *a bit* #quiteabit let down...

p.s supply crates aka gambling modules (since they require MC to unlock), really?

Edited by White Bear 84, 16 July 2016 - 08:19 AM.

#119 Husker Dude

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Överste-Löjtnant
  • Överste-Löjtnant
  • 319 posts

Posted 16 July 2016 - 08:58 AM

View PostBud Crue, on 16 July 2016 - 04:45 AM, said:

Many have posted before about a desire to understand the reasons and rationales for the various quirk passes each time they occur. For example, I for one would like to understand:

WHY ON EARTH WOULD YOU NERF THE QUICKDRAW AGAIN?!!

-Ahem-

Pardon. I ask this, simply because I think I have seen no more than three Quickdraws since the rescale.
After the rescale I had expected QDs (and Dragons) to flood the game since they were relatively unaffected by the rescale (Dragons benefited greatly). I have been assuming that their continued absence was due to PGI taking away most of their energy quirks. Yet, now PGI thinks they need a further nerfing. I am boggled by this. It would make this more tolerable if they provided a reason for this, because at the moment it just seems stupidly abstract, if not malicious.

Yeah, I feel like they developers are a couple of passes behind on what the actual state of balance is; I'm really surprised it's getting a third straight wave of nerfs when it's already dropped off the list of top tier mechs quite a while ago. Blackjacks, too, they've already ceased being that common, new nerfs are confusing.

#120 Seperate Titan

• Pip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 12 posts

Posted 16 July 2016 - 10:14 AM

Good Bye,

And yes you all can have my stuff. The auction will be held on patch day after the patch!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users