442 replies to this topic

#81 AngrySpartan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 349 posts

Posted 16 July 2016 - 02:33 AM

View PostSteve Pryde, on 16 July 2016 - 02:21 AM, said:

Sorry but the structure quirks where just too much. Yesterday I tried to shot off an arm from a splat Catapult (it was hiding and I only saw the "arm"), it was funny how much the arm could take before it fall off.

Agree, Nova is my favorite after a MDD and I am fine with structure nerfs. Nova, Catapult and Quickdraw got structure because they were oversized, now it's not the case, so the nerf is ok.

I hate the LCTs and I am biased against it. LCT is the most annoying little insect in the game, able to trade with anyone or bite your back all the time due to Laser duration and Acc/Decel quirks. Waited for duration nerf long time ago, we'll see how justified structure nerfs will be.

#82 D V Devnull

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,247 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 16 July 2016 - 02:37 AM

View PostSteve Pryde, on 16 July 2016 - 01:55 AM, said:

Why didn't you buff the Dire Wolf? No one takes a Dire Wolf so long the Kodiak exists even after this "nerf". Dire Wolf torso twist range for example is since the release a big joke (60 degrees without skills I believe).

Yeah, Dire Wolf needs to have the baseline for Torso Twist increased to at least 80 Degrees. I still remember how it played back in "MechWarrior 2&3", and the MWO edition happens to be a mere joke shadow by comparison. :(

<<<snip>>>

Sorry but the structure quirks where just too much. Yesterday I tried to shot off an arm from a splat Catapult (it was hiding and I only saw the "arm"), it was funny how much the arm could take before it fall off.

Funny, my experience with Catapults, even when I'm dodging, is that their arms can almost be blown off too easily. It sounds to me like you ran into somebody successfully using hacks (that I've only just barely heard about the existence of)... but so did PGI, only to fail to realize they needed to block the hack instead of nerfing the mech. Now the mech will only be competitive for Black Hat jerks, and useless for the rest of us. :angry:

View PostAngrySpartan, on 16 July 2016 - 02:33 AM, said:

<<<snip>>>

Agree, Nova is my favorite after a MDD and I am fine with structure nerfs. Nova, Catapult and Quickdraw got structure because they were oversized, now it's not the case, so the nerf is ok.

Nova and Catapult were already nerfed considerably after the resize. They did NOT need more nerfing, and now they're going to be overnerfed. They were already made properly competitive, and now with the next patch they won't be. Oh well, there goes mastering the ones I purchased into my own Mech Garage. <_<

~D. V. "So many depressing things..." Devnull

[Edit by author due to lack of clear wording...]

Edited by D V Devnull, 16 July 2016 - 02:39 AM.

#83 Telemachus -Salt Wife Salt Life-

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Deadly
  • The Deadly
  • 364 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 16 July 2016 - 02:42 AM

The fact that PGI needs to change the quirks of mechs every month means that they don't have a core philosophy on WHY they give mechs quirks in the first place, but instead just spitball quirks, then go, "oh sh1t, too OP", and then go overboard with un-quirking things because they still have no idea why they are doing it.

Edited by Telemachus Rheade, 16 July 2016 - 03:10 AM.

#84 Garuda4711

• Pip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 14 posts

Posted 16 July 2016 - 02:53 AM

It is funny:
- when I run a CPLT the arms are already blown away faster than with most other mechs
- when I see a CPLT (not K2 or Jester), I aim straight for the arms and get them blown off easily; even with current quirks

The problem with the A1 is not its durability! It is the fact, that no one is used to an IS-Mech which can mount 6x SRM6A. If you let it fire 2 alphas at you, you are dead. And that seems OP from the clanners' point of view, because high alpha seems to be a clan privilege.

#85 Twis

Rookie

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3 posts

Posted 16 July 2016 - 03:05 AM

It would be great if PGI actually gave us the rationale behind these changes - in particular quirk adjustments.

For example: "According to our stats/findings we are finding A, B, C happening... hence the adjustment"

I think you can see from the comments on this thread how many players are so disillusioned (once again) by seemingly ILLOGICAL changes.

This is exactly why I do not intend to spend another dollar on this game. If you want my money stop insulting my intelligence as a consumer and potential customer.

Edited by Twis, 16 July 2016 - 03:06 AM.

#86 Cyrilis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hero of Rasalhague
  • Hero of Rasalhague
  • 762 posts
  • LocationRas Alhague Insane Asylum, most of the time in the pen where they lock up the Urbie pilots

Posted 16 July 2016 - 03:07 AM

any information what happened to the changes that were announced for the assault mode?

#87 Falconer Cyrus

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 168 posts
  • LocationIronhold

Posted 16 July 2016 - 03:18 AM

View PostAlienized, on 16 July 2016 - 12:22 AM, said:

can you please screw up crimson strait the way it happened to frozen city? the most boring map ever.
or completely remove map voting since some maps never get played anymore.

I know the right way :)
PGI, pls make 3 levels of that construction instead of 2. It would be funny :)

#88 Scanz

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 783 posts

Posted 16 July 2016 - 03:29 AM

SCROLL CHAT AFTER 2 YEARS ! WOHOO

View PostCyrilis, on 16 July 2016 - 03:07 AM, said:

any information what happened to the changes that were announced for the assault mode?

read road map

#89 AngrySpartan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 349 posts

Posted 16 July 2016 - 03:36 AM

View PostD V Devnull, on 16 July 2016 - 02:37 AM, said:

Yeah, Dire Wolf needs to have the baseline for Torso Twist increased to at least 80 Degrees. I still remember how it played back in "MechWarrior 2&3", and the MWO edition happens to be a mere joke shadow by comparison. Posted Image

Nova and Catapult were already nerfed considerably after the resize. They did NOT need more nerfing, and now they're going to be overnerfed. They were already made properly competitive, and now with the next patch they won't be. Oh well, there goes mastering the ones I purchased into my own Mech Garage. Posted Image

Can you remind me when they were considerably nerfed exactly?)) I am not counting initial -2-5 structure reduction in the last patch, it is negligible with the reduction of the volume of the mechs.

I still think both need some quirks: CAT's arms are quite vulnerabe and Nova is crippled with lack of endo/ferro and low hanging arms. Yet +50% armor on the arms of Nova is a joke and CAT has +50 armor compared to Jager. I agree with you that it's a radical change, but it make sense to me and I am a Nova enthusiast. Was my first mech after all.

Poor DWF should have been tweaked long time ago. With current mobility it's just a walking turret and turrets eventually lose. Don't own one, but it's an easy pray, unless you are facetanking it.

Edited by AngrySpartan, 16 July 2016 - 03:41 AM.

#90 Alienized

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 3,781 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 16 July 2016 - 03:38 AM

soon we get a reroll to clan wave 1 game. just with more mechs but no chance to compete against clans.
keep nerfing the IS to the floor. or just delete the IS mechs? might be the easier solution than totally fkin them up more each patch.
that way you can easily save time to think about next massive nerf-patch and continue to do something else.

#91 Nomex 99

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,558 posts

Posted 16 July 2016 - 03:41 AM

View PostInnerSphereNews, on 15 July 2016 - 04:39 PM, said:

Decals

The Camo Spec 'Mech Decal customization system is now available! Decals have been a long-requested customization feature, and we are very excited to see how you all choose to make your 'Mechs stand out on the battlefields of the Inner Sphere. While this initial release of the Decal system comes with a total of 93 Decals, the selection of Decals will continue to grow in future patches.

There are three ‘classes’ of Decal:

• Basic (180 MC)
• Special (500 MC)
• Premium (1250 MC)

This initial release contains 67 'Basic' and 26 'Special' Decals. The Premium class of Decals will be reserved for unique and outstanding Decals to be released in the future.

All Decals are single-purchase Unlockable items; once purchased they can be applied to as many ‘Mechs as you wish as often as you wish.

I want to say: finally, thx - but the truth is: too late, I don't spend money for MWO anymore.

#92 Svarn Lornon

• PipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 93 posts

Posted 16 July 2016 - 03:47 AM

View PostRamrod AI, on 15 July 2016 - 05:38 PM, said:

And I'm happy to see the Kodiak K-3 get some major nerfs. I was using the quad UAC/10s right off the bat and not many other people did. But then everybody got on the meta band-wagon. And you know what happens then? NERF! Novas and Locusts are nerfed some too. When you over-use something...it gets nerfed...thats why the meta band-wagon actually hurts the game. If you want stuff left alone...don't all 50 members of a group play only ER PPC Novas in CW! Or even Pug drops!

Seriously? 4 UAC10 is the most obvious build of all for the KDK-3. From the moment on they put it on the pre-order page it was: yeah just put 4 UAC-10 in it!

#93 justcallme A S H

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 16 July 2016 - 03:52 AM

WTF is with these quirk changes...

Some of them make no sense at all.

#94 Nomex 99

• 1,558 posts

Posted 16 July 2016 - 03:54 AM

Gameplay Fixes and Changes

Clan Ultra AC/10: Fixed an issue where firing 4 UAC/10s simultaneously would not incur the intended heat scale penalty.
UAV: Removed the vertical hovering animation to eliminate an issue with syncing its movement between the server and the client.

Changes to Long Tom Artillery

Maximum amount of Damage that can be dealt to a single 'Mech is now 1320 DMG (120 DMG per Component).
• That is a reduction from the previous 1650 DMG (150 DMG per Component).
• Total Blast Radius is now 200 m (reduced from 300 m).
• Epicenter Damage Radius is now 30 m (reduced from 50 m).
• Epicenter Damage Radius is the Radius in which 'Mechs take maximum damage.

Quirk Adjustments

The following 'Mechs are receiving Quirk Adjustments in this patch:

Inner Sphere Lights

• Jenner (multiple variants)
• Locust (multiple variants)

Inner Sphere Mediums

• Blackjack (multiple variants)
• Centurion (CN9-AL)
• Kintaro (multiple variants)
• Phoenix Hawk (multiple variants)

Inner Sphere Heavies

• Catapult (multiple variants)
• Marauder (multiple variants)
• Quickdraw (multiple variants)
• Warhammer (multiple variants)

Inner Sphere Assaults

• Battlemaster (multiple variants)

Clan Lights

• Adder (ADR-A)
• Arctic Cheetah (multiple variants)

Clan Mediums

• Nova (multiple variants)

Clan Assaults

• Kodiak (multiple variants)

The PDF containing the IS Quirk Changes can be found here.
The PDF containing the Clan Quirk Changes can be found here.

redacted

Improvements to Saving Systems

The system for saving changes to your ‘Mechs has undergone an extensive technical overhaul in this patch.

While the original system for saving ‘Mech changes was functional, it was designed during a time when the stable of available ‘Mechs in MechWarrior Online was much smaller than it is today. To compound the issue, the saving system did not scale to account for the natural growth of a players Inventory as they acquired new content.

The crux of the issue with the original saving system came down to two specific methods used while processing and committing changes to a ‘Mech:

• Each step of the save would be processed individually.
• Each step of the save would cause the system to run a full check on the entire player Inventory.

As an example, if you were applying a new Pattern, editing all three Color channels, replacing a weapon with another weapon, changing Armor values, and increasing the amount of Ammo equipped on your ‘Mech, the original saving system would process each of those steps individually. Further, after each step the system would perform a check of your entire Inventory to determine if any other Inventory values had changed. If you were simply adding an extra ton of AC/10 Ammo to a ‘Mech, the system would still check to determine if your Inventory of Gauss Rifles had changed. It would run a similar check for every item in your Inventory.

If a player had a small number of ‘Mechs in their Inventory this process wouldn’t be terribly noticeable, and saving would still appear fairly quick overall. As a player naturally increased their inventory of ‘Mechs or equipment however, the save process would soon begin to show its inefficiencies and introduce drastic increases to save times.

Another issue introduced with the step-by-step save process could result in the long-standing ‘Invalid ‘Mech’ issue. If a step in the save chain failed the save process would still continue and the save would be committed; because the save had completed despite a failure during the attempt, the ‘Mech could be flagged as Invalid.
This was obviously not a system we were happy with, and we have been working extensively to address this. To that end we have tackled the primary inefficiencies covered above.

As of this patch:

• No matter how many changes a player is committing in a single save, the system will perform them in bulk as a single step.
• That single-step system will prevent all changes from being saved if any of those changes fail.
• When committing any amount of changes the system will no longer check the entire Inventory. It will only check and update the items that need to be updated.

With these improvements saving should now be faster and more reliable. For players with a large Inventory, these improvements will be very noticeable. You can now spend more time playing, tweaking, and enjoying your ‘Mechs, rather than planning for retirement while waiting for the smallest of changes to save.

Finally

#95 Tordin

• The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 2,937 posts
  • LocationNordic Union

Posted 16 July 2016 - 03:57 AM

It's funny, clan mechs get nerfs and nobody whines, IS mechs get nerfs and the forum is flooded by tears.

<--- pilots both sides, so pls no stupid clan hate.

Same with me, sure Im an FRR loyalist but play both Clan and IS mechs. Are we who pilot both types of mechs, the sane and rational ones? Posted Image

#96 Bud Crue

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 9,883 posts
  • LocationOn the farm in central Minnesota

Posted 16 July 2016 - 04:20 AM

Community: Hey PGI! The Phoenix Hawk is kinda bad! Extra engine just means less weapons and arm position make it easily neutered. Needs at least some arm structure and some decent quirks to give me a reason to play it over the black jack.

Inevitable PGI response: Nerf the Black Jack...again.

Well at least they are predictable.

#97 Thorqemada

• 6,366 posts

Posted 16 July 2016 - 04:22 AM

I cant see the embedded Videos as i get a "This type of Video is not supported" message instead.

#98 D V Devnull

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,247 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 16 July 2016 - 04:25 AM

View PostAngrySpartan, on 16 July 2016 - 03:36 AM, said:

Can you remind me when they were considerably nerfed exactly?

They were nerfed considerably and properly at "Patch 1.4.73, 2016-06-21", right along with the Massive Mech Re-Scale, and since then have been actual proper Mechs that could really play a part in a battle. I was annoyed that the Camo on the Catapult was forever changed, but the quirk change in this latest patch that's about to happen overshadows even that. Mechs like the Catapult and Nova did NOT need further heavy nerfing to internal structure, and I wouldn't have been so annoyed on this patch if the quirk change had maybe been a gentle, tiny few points of armor at most. But what PGI is about to do is going way too far, and they really should re-think it quick before there's a lot of people angry over their Mechs being turned into paper dolls that don't mean anything. :(

View PostThorqemada, on 16 July 2016 - 04:22 AM, said:

I cant see the embedded Videos as i get a "This type of Video is not supported" message instead.

What browser are you on? :huh:

~D. V. "seeing hell coming, all while PGI is blind to their errors" Devnull

#99 Bud Crue

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 9,883 posts
  • LocationOn the farm in central Minnesota

Posted 16 July 2016 - 04:45 AM

Many have posted before about a desire to understand the reasons and rationales for the various quirk passes each time they occur. For example, I for one would like to understand:

WHY ON EARTH WOULD YOU NERF THE QUICKDRAW AGAIN?!!

-Ahem-

Pardon. I ask this, simply because I think I have seen no more than three Quickdraws since the rescale.
After the rescale I had expected QDs (and Dragons) to flood the game since they were relatively unaffected by the rescale (Dragons benefited greatly). I have been assuming that their continued absence was due to PGI taking away most of their energy quirks. Yet, now PGI thinks they need a further nerfing. I am boggled by this. It would make this more tolerable if they provided a reason for this, because at the moment it just seems stupidly abstract, if not malicious.

#100 The Unstoppable Puggernaut

• The Grizzly
  • The Grizzly
  • 1,022 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 16 July 2016 - 04:45 AM

I am a Kodiak fan. Its the mech I use the most. If they knew the quad 10's were giving wrong heat when group fired why not a hot fix? It was stupidly good in the right hands, as in it ruined games. If one mech can drastically change the course of a game that much, it should be evaluated. Its not like they didnt have the data (Kodiak event). Anyways its now on the path of being a has-been wiith all new mechs with the nerf hammer (if it works) and the fix.

Decals look great so i'll see how that pans out before giving the cash.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users