BattleMechs

139 replies to this topic

#21 Moldur

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 2,234 posts

Posted 18 July 2016 - 07:30 PM

Hmmm. What does MWO really need? We have the Kodiak, a slew of more clan mechs on the way, a 90 ton IS assault...

Eh. Whatever it is, new mechs will not turn MWO into a better game.

#22 Juodas Varnas

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,534 posts
  • LocationGrand Duchy of Lithuania

Posted 18 July 2016 - 07:34 PM

View PostMoldur, on 18 July 2016 - 07:30 PM, said:

Hmmm. What does MWO really need? We have the Kodiak, a slew of more clan mechs on the way, a 90 ton IS assault...

Quadrupeds (or melee mechs) would though.

Well, they'd at least add actual gameplay variety as opposed to just adding mechs that are made redundant by the hardpoint system homogenization.

#23 TheArisen

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,040 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 18 July 2016 - 07:38 PM

View PostMoldur, on 18 July 2016 - 07:30 PM, said:

I'm just being realistic, new mechs will always be a thing. Even with decals being added.

#24 Gas Guzzler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 14,256 posts
  • LocationCalifornia Central Coast

Posted 18 July 2016 - 07:41 PM

Posted Image

#25 Spheroid

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 5,064 posts
  • LocationSouthern Wisconsin

Posted 18 July 2016 - 07:44 PM

I believe it will be the Charger.

#26 Walsung

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 176 posts

Posted 18 July 2016 - 08:25 PM

problem with lights is they take the same effort to make as a heavy or assault (in man hours) but people struggle to see the RL value and it makes more sense to wait for c bills.

esp. with the 3 +2+ 1 sales model. for lights and lighter mediums like the phoenix hawk 5 in the base pack (face it there is little effort involved in making variants) would make it easier to justify cash purchases.

$20 for kodiak wow value, $20 bucks for almost any light .... it needs something more.

#27 Bad Pun

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Moon
  • The Moon
  • 109 posts

Posted 18 July 2016 - 09:10 PM

Well, I don't have a prediction of the next mech, but what I'd like is Bushwhacker. If they announce that one, I'd preorder it the same day. Probably get the reinforcement pack too.

I might like to have a Woodsman too. It would be alright, I think.

#28 Moonlight Grimoire

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Moon
  • The Moon
  • 941 posts
  • LocationPortland, Oregon

Posted 18 July 2016 - 09:24 PM

Next Mech I think might be a IS 40 tonner, plenty to choose from (and a few actually viable for MWO), I would hope Vulcan or Assassin, but, I am not holding my breath. Bushwacker would be interesting, but, PGI would have to get creative with the variants, we have 3 that work with the current tech in the game, but, their hard points just on what they currently have are actually very similar so they would have to differentiate them with extra hardpoints and more specific quirks otherwise each Bushwacker would be interchangeable with another and it would come down to the player just picking whichever Bushwacker had the best letters and numbers after the abbreviation of the name.

We have actually a lot of 60 toners and 65 toners so as much as I love the Champion I don't see it happening (even though it has plenty of versions available atm). We will likely know either Friday this week or Friday next week. Or they will keep quiet on it until the Friday after the Cyclops drops (which I am going to scrounge up some money for likely when they start doing previews for it, want to see it previewed before I buy it since early adopter window is closed already).

#29 Bad Pun

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Moon
  • The Moon
  • 109 posts

Posted 18 July 2016 - 09:42 PM

Well, maybe PGI should begin advancing the tech? If you have to retrograde more and more mechs to keep within the parameters, maybe it's time?

They already had to invent the SHC-P as a replacement of the SHC-J (my inference, not official). We're on the cusp of MWO becoming terribly behind the tech curve of battletech.

I agree though, Vulcan or Assassin would be great additions.

If I get a little deeper into just what I want, Quads.

#30 Moonlight Grimoire

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Moon
  • The Moon
  • 941 posts
  • LocationPortland, Oregon

Posted 18 July 2016 - 09:50 PM

View PostBad Pun, on 18 July 2016 - 09:42 PM, said:

Well, maybe PGI should begin advancing the tech? If you have to retrograde more and more mechs to keep within the parameters, maybe it's time?

They already had to invent the SHC-P as a replacement of the SHC-J (my inference, not official). We're on the cusp of MWO becoming terribly behind the tech curve of battletech.

I agree though, Vulcan or Assassin would be great additions.

If I get a little deeper into just what I want, Quads.

PGI seems allergic to advancing the timeline and adding new tech. I am not certain if it is technical, lack of ideas of how to balance new things, or whatever, but, currently there are still a lot of mechs still left to do that aren't in game. Yeah there are a number that would do nothing if not be out right terrible in MWO given their geometry or loadout. Like the Annihilator would be horrible, roughly the fastest it could go with a max engine I believe is unskilled direwolf speeds. On top of that the Annihilator would have to have some fantastic art to redo it since it has that long neck which would just eat up all the incoming fire while being unable to shoot back. Think of driving an Annihilator like piloting a Giraffe whose legs have been replaced with a bunch of people carrying it on a palette and it's guns are on it's chest. You can see everything, but, you can't shoot anything and will get to the battle after your team is dead. Okay that analogy was kind of horrible and horrific, point is, yeah some canon mechs that exist at 3053 are bad, though it is open to 3058 at this point I believe.

Anyways, giving us more variants that are in timeline would be nice, give dedicated chassis pilots something to pick up and play around with.

#31 Bad Pun

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Moon
  • The Moon
  • 109 posts

Posted 18 July 2016 - 10:03 PM

Oh, I just had to look up the Annihilator, and I have to say, if it weren't for its deplorable speed, I would love to have that too! I don't know why, but it just looks derpy in all the right ways!

In any case, I think we're on the same page, advancing the tech with the release of new mechs would be a great boon, and the mechs available in the current tech base are drying up. Is that correct?

Regardless I like seeing more mechs that are in good shape, it funds PGI to keep them going. Hopefully to reinvigorate the game with more content.

#32 TheArisen

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,040 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 18 July 2016 - 10:19 PM

View PostBad Pun, on 18 July 2016 - 10:03 PM, said:

Oh, I just had to look up the Annihilator, and I have to say, if it weren't for its deplorable speed, I would love to have that too! I don't know why, but it just looks derpy in all the right ways!

In any case, I think we're on the same page, advancing the tech with the release of new mechs would be a great boon, and the mechs available in the current tech base are drying up. Is that correct?

Regardless I like seeing more mechs that are in good shape, it funds PGI to keep them going. Hopefully to reinvigorate the game with more content.

There's actually quite a few mechs that would still be "in timeline" and good in game.

For the IS side the Assassin or Javelin would be great as there is only the Cicada for the IS & lights are the absolute least represented class in game currently.

The second least represented class is the Assault class, specifically the 95t slot which only has the Executioner & Banshee but the assault class is getting the Cyclops soonish. I'm not getting that one but it's an assault.

#33 Elizander

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 7,540 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 18 July 2016 - 10:49 PM

View PostAgent1190, on 18 July 2016 - 07:14 PM, said:

I'm thinking a 2-pack Stinger and Wasp combo. Both are very similar, so the modeling could be done simultaneously. $20 gets you 3 of each, $15 for 2 heros (1 of each) and $15 for reinforcements. So you could buy 12 humanoid 20-tonners for $50.

Unless it's only a headswap I don't think it'd justify the manpower behind it though. :3

#34 Narcissistic Martyr

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 4,242 posts
  • LocationLouisville, KY

Posted 19 July 2016 - 06:07 AM

Stinger/Wasp combo pack.

View PostElizander, on 18 July 2016 - 10:49 PM, said:

Unless it's only a headswap I don't think it'd justify the manpower behind it though. :3

Different heads, different texturing on the chest, and that's really about the only differences.

Edited by Narcissistic Martyr, 19 July 2016 - 06:09 AM.

#35 Alistair Winter

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Storm
  • Storm
  • 10,823 posts
  • LocationBergen, Norway, FRR

Posted 19 July 2016 - 06:10 AM

View PostTarogato, on 18 July 2016 - 06:12 PM, said:

I'm hoping it's a dense urban map. Nothing fancy, just the city blocks as far as the eye can see.

That's the wrong answer for this thread.

But it's also the right answer.

#36 AWOL 01

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 347 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 19 July 2016 - 06:40 AM

View PostJuodas Varnas, on 18 July 2016 - 07:18 PM, said:

Scorpion and Goliath double pack?

Followed by the Thunder Stallion?

#37 El Bandito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 19 July 2016 - 06:43 AM

I don't give a damn about what PGI is actually cooking up for the next Clan mech.

I just want my Blood Kite.

#38 CK16

• The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 3,031 posts
  • LocationAlshain V

Posted 19 July 2016 - 07:16 AM

Stinger/Wasp package

Or....

Bushwacker

View PostAWOL 01, on 19 July 2016 - 06:40 AM, said:

Followed by the Thunder Stallion?

Screw that pice of My Little Hell Pony tech, kill it with fire! What the hell would the hero be? Applejacker?

Edited by CK16, 19 July 2016 - 07:18 AM.

#39 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 19 July 2016 - 07:21 AM

View PostJuodas Varnas, on 18 July 2016 - 07:34 PM, said:

Quadrupeds (or melee mechs) would though.

Name a few quads to me that seemm simple enough to quickly make in 3d, at least one with turrets, and send them to me in a message. I need a starting point for making some Quads in 3D.

#40 L3mming2

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,304 posts

Posted 19 July 2016 - 07:28 AM

piranha,
http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Piranha

ore is there a reason that this cant be thru?

14 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 14 guests, 0 anonymous users