Pgi Please Inrease Lbx Pellet Damage

413 replies to this topic

#81 Spleenslitta

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,617 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 30 July 2016 - 11:21 PM

How about some new ideas? How about making the LBX into such an awesome critical damage seeker that it has it's own critical damage system?

1) With every pellet that hits the same unarmored section of the enemy mech there is an increased chance of causing critical damage.
For example.
- 1 to 3 pellets gets 39% chance to cause a critical hit for each pellet.
- 4 to 6 gets 65% chance for each pellet.
- 7 to 10 has 90& chance.
Should the critical multiplier be higher and how should those chance to score crit values really look like?
I don't know. Anyone with good math skills should handle that.

2) There is that ability to cause critical hits through a certain number of armor points i suggested yesterday in this thread before it was buried.
How many points of armor should the LBX be able to penetrate?....i haven't got the faintest clue. 10 armor points?

#82 El Bandito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 30 July 2016 - 11:32 PM

View PostSpleenslitta, on 30 July 2016 - 11:21 PM, said:

How about some new ideas? How about making the LBX into such an awesome critical damage seeker that it has it's own critical damage system?

1) With every pellet that hits the same unarmored section of the enemy mech there is an increased chance of causing critical damage.
For example.
- 1 to 3 pellets gets 39% chance to cause a critical hit for each pellet.
- 4 to 6 gets 65% chance for each pellet.
- 7 to 10 has 90& chance.
Should the critical multiplier be higher and how should those chance to score crit values really look like?
I don't know. Anyone with good math skills should handle that.

2) There is that ability to cause critical hits through a certain number of armor points i suggested yesterday in this thread before it was buried.
How many points of armor should the LBX be able to penetrate?....i haven't got the faintest clue. 10 armor points?

Good suggestions, but we are trying to keep the ideas simple for PGI's dunderhead programmers to implement successfully. Straight up damage boost is one way to do it, as people previously mentioned.

#83 Spleenslitta

• Ace Of Spades
  • 2,617 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 31 July 2016 - 12:30 AM

View PostEl Bandito, on 30 July 2016 - 11:32 PM, said:

Good suggestions, but we are trying to keep the ideas simple for PGI's dunderhead programmers to implement successfully. Straight up damage boost is one way to do it, as people previously mentioned.

Thanks. I just suggested this since the debate had come to a complete standstill.
Besides...this would give the LBX a role rather than just a straight up damage weapon.

#84 Satan n stuff

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 3,508 posts
  • LocationLooking right at you, lining up my shot.

Posted 31 July 2016 - 02:41 AM

View PostMcgral18, on 30 July 2016 - 11:22 AM, said:

They're bad.
Outright bad

Not useless, but you'd be better off with nearly any other weapon system in the game, even in it's "niche"
They have a 300M effective range, if that, due to spread. No, hitting every component of a robot with 1 damage is not effective.

I'd say they have use in some very specific builds like the double LBX Atlas, but if you could actually fit AC/10s on that it would still be better and the AC/10 is generally considered the worst of the regular autocannons.

#85 Spleenslitta

• Ace Of Spades
  • 2,617 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 31 July 2016 - 02:45 AM

View PostSatan n stuff, on 31 July 2016 - 02:41 AM, said:

I'd say they have use in some very specific builds like the double LBX Atlas, but if you could actually fit AC/10s on that it would still be better and the AC/10 is generally considered the worst of the regular autocannons.

Ummm....i think your forgetting the....AC2. Now that is one sad AC. If a mech ain't quirked for it the AC2 is nearly never used.

#86 meteorol

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,848 posts

Posted 31 July 2016 - 02:50 AM

In almost 4 years of playing this game, the Spirit Bear is the only mech i ever considered putting a LBX on. That's how bad they are.

With the UAC20 doubletap ghostheat fixed, i switched that one back to UAC20 for now, too. Can't really see a reason to use a LBX on any mech but the SB, ever. Even for the SB, they aren't actually "good", it's just that the UAC20 has some downsides (longer facetime, can't dragshot etc.) that give the LBX20 some kind of justification on this particualar mech.

#87 Satan n stuff

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 3,508 posts

Posted 31 July 2016 - 03:05 AM

View PostSpleenslitta, on 31 July 2016 - 02:45 AM, said:

Ummm....i think your forgetting the....AC2. Now that is one sad AC. If a mech ain't quirked for it the AC2 is nearly never used.

The AC/2 is only 6 tons, you can easily put 6 of them on an assault mech. The AC/10 on the other hand has to compete with the AC/20 and Gauss rifle because it's almost as heavy.

#88 Spleenslitta

• Ace Of Spades
  • 2,617 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 31 July 2016 - 03:22 AM

View PostSatan n stuff, on 31 July 2016 - 03:05 AM, said:

The AC/2 is only 6 tons, you can easily put 6 of them on an assault mech. The AC/10 on the other hand has to compete with the AC/20 and Gauss rifle because it's almost as heavy.

I was refering to the fact that you said the AC10 is the most unpopular AC. I do believe that the AC2 takes that sad spot easily.
But back on subject. Do you have any alternative ideas instead of a straight up increase in pellet damage?

#89 Satan n stuff

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 3,508 posts

Posted 31 July 2016 - 03:41 AM

View PostSpleenslitta, on 31 July 2016 - 03:22 AM, said:

I was refering to the fact that you said the AC10 is the most unpopular AC. I do believe that the AC2 takes that sad spot easily.
But back on subject. Do you have any alternative ideas instead of a straight up increase in pellet damage?

Faster cooldown would help, about 20% faster across the board would be a huge improvement. If we ever do get ammo switching PGI could always add a longer cooldown for slug rounds.

#90 Antares102

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Death Star
  • Death Star
  • 1,409 posts

Posted 31 July 2016 - 05:48 AM

View PostDakota1000, on 30 July 2016 - 04:28 PM, said:

How'd those 1v1s go?

Waited 1h last night (CET) no friend request accept.. nobody showed up.
Just as expected...

Edited by Antares102, 31 July 2016 - 05:49 AM.

#91 Spleenslitta

• Ace Of Spades
  • 2,617 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 31 July 2016 - 06:17 AM

View PostSatan n stuff, on 31 July 2016 - 03:41 AM, said:

Faster cooldown would help, about 20% faster across the board would be a huge improvement. If we ever do get ammo switching PGI could always add a longer cooldown for slug rounds.

Me and a guy tried to come up with a solution to that in the feature suggestions part of the forums.
Link - http://mwomercs.com/...ved-ballistics/
Unfortunatly there doesn't seem to be many that want to fix the AC2.

#92 cazidin

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 4,259 posts

Posted 31 July 2016 - 06:29 AM

View PostPronotum, on 30 July 2016 - 10:01 AM, said:

Hint: They're better than you think. Great? Not exactly. They're niched. But definitely not bad.

Anyway, if you don't want to contribute to the discussion, kindly leave. You won't solve a thing like that.

So, back on topic. We ought to look at the main issues people seem to be having with the LB-10X and see what the bloody problem is... Either it is through poor perception and misuse or through an actual issue.

Right now people mentioned crap crits. ...is that all? No.
So, what else is everyone's gripe with them?

Let's all get to the same page, so we can properly discuss this.
Instead of throwing random ideas like crap to the wind.

I propose a better idea. Instead of having weapons with incredibly small niche uses we... make them useful in a greater variety or general situations! What a novel concept, right? Unlike say, most other weapons in the same, which have more than one singular advantage that is so negligibly small that standard autocannons are far superior.

Paul. Is this your alt account? Are you trying to justify poor weapons balance?

#93 GrimRiver

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,306 posts
  • LocationIf not here and not there, then where?

Posted 31 July 2016 - 08:12 AM

Are LBX's that bad?

Because I run a LBX20 on my MAD-3R to great effect, due to that I named it "CritMaster X". lol

Most assaults with a yellow CT end up with a bloodred 1 shot CT after 1 blast from my LBX20.

#94 El Bandito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 31 July 2016 - 08:34 AM

View PostGrimRiver, on 31 July 2016 - 08:12 AM, said:

Are LBX's that bad?

Because I run a LBX20 on my MAD-3R to great effect, due to that I named it "CritMaster X". lol

Most assaults with a yellow CT end up with a bloodred 1 shot CT after 1 blast from my LBX20.

You are better off just equipping an AC20 instead. All the damage will go to one place and it will crit even better. You are also using up only 14 tons instead of 22 tons.

#95 Antares102

• Death Star
  • Death Star
  • 1,409 posts

Posted 31 July 2016 - 08:34 AM

Are LBX's that bad?

Yes they are.. thats the hole point of this thread.

"I do well with them (sometimes) therefore they must be ok!"
We had this earlier.

And who is breaking the armor of the assault that you can do your additional crit damage?
Other teammates I suppose because otherwise you would have recognized that breaking CT armor of an assault with LBX (at range) takes really a long time.

Oh and BTW:

View PostEl Bandito, on 30 July 2016 - 09:45 AM, said:

Facepalm.

Posted Image

Edited by Antares102, 31 July 2016 - 08:35 AM.

#96 Spleenslitta

• Ace Of Spades
  • 2,617 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 31 July 2016 - 08:54 AM

Same old arguments all over again. All the old claims we have seen so many times in this thread.
- "LBX fine because i do well with it and what i say goes because i'm the god of gaming. Period"
- "LBX needs an increase in pellet damage because i said so."

Both sides bash heads till nobody is interrested in the argument anymore or the grey jello is leaking out their ears.
Either way we are not getting anywhere.

Don't you guys have anything new?
Oh well.....it doesn't matter anyhow. Why? It's groundbreakingly simple why none of our opinions matter.
All i got to say is this.....PGI doesn't give a diaretic baboons arse what our opinions are.

#97 Champion of Khorne Lord of Blood

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,806 posts

Posted 31 July 2016 - 09:08 AM

Are LBX's that bad?

I love how the LBX is good crowd has the exact same argument over and over. Just go and read the 4 earlier pages for our responses.

#98 Antares102

• Death Star
  • Death Star
  • 1,409 posts

Posted 31 July 2016 - 09:20 AM

View PostSpleenslitta, on 31 July 2016 - 08:54 AM, said:

.....PGI doesn't give a diaretic baboons arse what our opinions are.

Unfortunately I have to concede your point.

#99 GrimRiver

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,306 posts
  • LocationIf not here and not there, then where?

Posted 31 July 2016 - 09:38 AM

Wow jump down my throat much.

If I replace my LBX20 with a AC20 then will it have better range, rate of fire and more ammo then an AC20? If answer is "no" the why should I replace my LBX20?

Elited MAD-3R +maxed LB cooldown and maxed ML cooldown.

I don't know, I solo'ed fresh assaults alot and come out on top with this build.

Am I using it wrong, I must be since people says LBX's suck so therefor LBX's must suck and I really got all those supposed LBX kills with my ML's even though both my arms were blown off all those times.

I really don't care if people think they suck, I already do really good with them so if they do get a buff then I'll wreck even harder with them and then people will start to call for a nerf because they'll be too good at getting that crit damage and then they WILL be bad after a nerf.

#100 Spleenslitta

• Ace Of Spades
  • 2,617 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 31 July 2016 - 09:40 AM

View PostAntares102, on 31 July 2016 - 09:20 AM, said:

Unfortunately I have to concede your point.

Yes....sorry that i said that. That kinda truth is harsh to come face to face with.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users