#41 Saint Scarlett Johan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hearing Impaired
  • Hearing Impaired
  • 3,349 posts
  • LocationOn the Delta side of Vicksburg

Posted 31 July 2016 - 05:47 PM

View PostDeathlike, on 31 July 2016 - 05:17 PM, said:

Perhaps, but the fundamental is... if a joke has to be explained, it's failed.

Or does it? Perhaps that is the joke in and of itself?

#42 Chiasson Brinker

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ace
  • The Ace
  • 260 posts
  • LocationWayside V

Posted 31 July 2016 - 05:51 PM

View PostYellonet, on 31 July 2016 - 02:11 PM, said:

There is a good way to monetize the game besides selling mechs, colors, camos and so on.
Ruining your mech shouldn't be free! Or rather, it shouldn't be free if you're a Bad.
Let's say that it would cost 25 MC to repair a mech after being destroyed (hold on!), but in every match the six best players in each team get 25 MC.
Like what you hear? Players that are good would build up a bank of MC so they could repair for free, while the bads would not, so they would have to get some MC for repairs.
Of course this could feel a bit harsh, making the Bads pay.
So I also propose that all players initially get 250 MC so that they can have a small buffer to start with, that way they will have a few matches until they will have to pay for repair.
That's it really, get the Bads to pay for the game, you know that's what you want!

I would sooner jam my unmentionables into a fuse panel than endorse this. For your sake, I hope you're a troll. Also, if satire is indistinguishable from the real thing, it ceases to be satire.

#43 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 31 July 2016 - 05:55 PM

View PostSaint Scarlett Johan, on 31 July 2016 - 03:15 PM, said:

Hey guys... guys..

Spoiler

Had a sneaking suspicion that it was trolling for shits and giggles. There are some really stupid people out there, but few if anyone is so arrogant and egotistical to actually believe that this could be a good idea.

The troll is strong here.

#44 Saint Scarlett Johan

• Hearing Impaired
  • Hearing Impaired
  • 3,349 posts
  • LocationOn the Delta side of Vicksburg

Posted 31 July 2016 - 06:11 PM

View PostAidan Kell, on 31 July 2016 - 05:51 PM, said:

I would sooner jam my unmentionables into a fuse panel than endorse this. For your sake, I hope you're a troll. Also, if satire is indistinguishable from the real thing, it ceases to be satire.

Posted Image

Your inability to see the massive amounts of irony and the dripping sarcasm does not mean it's poor satire. It simply means you lack the ability to detect sarcasm and irony in a text format.

#45 Novakaine

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 5,715 posts
  • LocationThe Republic of Texas

Posted 31 July 2016 - 06:16 PM

Yellow has always been the sincere thoughtful type in his posts.
I wonder Posted Image

#46 Besh

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 1,088 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 31 July 2016 - 06:32 PM

There is a good way to monetize the game besides selling mechs, colors, camos and so on.
Ruining your mech shouldn't be free! Or rather, it shouldn't be free if you're a Bad.
Let's say that it would cost 25 MC to repair a mech after being destroyed (hold on!), but in every match the six best players in each team get 25 MC.
Like what you hear? Players that are good would build up a bank of MC so they could repair for free, while the bads would not, so they would have to get some MC for repairs.
So I also propose that all players initially get 250 MC so that they can have a small buffer to start with, that way they will have a few matches until they will have to pay for repair.
That's it really, get the Bads to pay for the game, you know that's what you want!

I dont like it. It is a stupid Idea.

The reasons have been stated abundantly . Worst part being make the Game essentially P2P for new, learning, or just casual/average players .

Dont get me started on YOU not being able to provide an objective measure for "6 best players" .

#47 Pjwned

• Little Helper
  • 4,731 posts
  • LocationDancing on the grave of Energy Draw LOL

Posted 31 July 2016 - 06:39 PM

Should be read as "how to completely erase the entire game's population in 1 move."

#48 Rhent

• Ace Of Spades
  • 2,045 posts

Posted 31 July 2016 - 06:41 PM

I gotta admit, this is the worst idea I've seen to date come out of the General forum.

#49 JaxRiot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 666 posts

Posted 31 July 2016 - 07:18 PM

View PostRhent, on 31 July 2016 - 06:41 PM, said:

I gotta admit, this is the worst idea I've seen to date come out of the General forum.

If you read it, its a Joke.

I mean seriously.. the OP is making a Joke

#50 TLBFestus

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,519 posts

Posted 31 July 2016 - 07:32 PM

Original Stupid post is stupid.

#51 Davegt27

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,991 posts
  • LocationCO

Posted 31 July 2016 - 08:28 PM

Posted Today, 04:11 PM

whats your idea of a good player?
how would you decide?

#52 kf envy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 590 posts

Posted 31 July 2016 - 08:49 PM

wow OP you found a way to kill MWO in one night.

#53 Ultimax

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,979 posts

Posted 31 July 2016 - 09:20 PM

You seem to not understand that casting a wide net and making the game more accessible (read: dumb down/make easier) to low skill players is part of PGI's agenda.

#54 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 31 July 2016 - 09:26 PM

Be funny to see how many presumptive "goods" would start crying about this when they found out they were more"bad" than they realized

#55 jaxjace

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Merciless
  • The Merciless
  • 987 posts
  • LocationIn orbit around your world

Posted 31 July 2016 - 10:23 PM

At this point... sure, **** the scrubs, useless wastes of space i say, god damn underhivers get the **** out of my way, my tier one penis needs BOTH SEATS DAMNIT!

#56 Dogstar

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,722 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationLondon

Posted 31 July 2016 - 10:38 PM

This is obviously a really stupid idea.

#57 Radbane

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 423 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 31 July 2016 - 11:12 PM

This is probably the worst Idea I have ever heard in a gaming forum ... I'm speechless.

If it's a Joke it failed to be funny. Didn't even put a smile on my face.

Edited by Radbane, 31 July 2016 - 11:15 PM.

#58 DrxAbstract

• The Butcher
  • The Butcher
  • 1,672 posts
  • LocationOutreach

Posted 31 July 2016 - 11:55 PM

View PostSaint Scarlett Johan, on 31 July 2016 - 06:11 PM, said:

Posted Image

Your inability to see the massive amounts of irony and the dripping sarcasm does not mean it's poor satire. It simply means you lack the ability to detect sarcasm and irony in a text format.

I used to be able to detect such things, but my time away has dulled my senses.

#59 Alek Ituin

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,525 posts
  • LocationMy Lolcust's cockpit

Posted 01 August 2016 - 12:36 AM

8/8 gr8 b8 m8

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

#60 Rakshasa

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 560 posts
  • LocationThe Underhive, Pomme De Terre

Posted 01 August 2016 - 12:47 AM

As a Bad, I would object to this system. I recently had an eighteen-match losing streak because Underhive and I was trying to level up a WLF. As well as risking falling back down to Tier 4...

Posted Image

...having to pay real money to recover my dignity and missing limbs would have left me bereft and salty. Also, top players usually play top mechs like the KDK and SCR. You want to kill fun Underhive mech-build diversity and lock everyone to the narrow 'pro' meta out of terror for their wallets, that's the way to go.

Edited by Rakshasa, 01 August 2016 - 12:59 AM.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users