#101 RestosIII

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 7,322 posts
  • LocationDelios

Posted 04 August 2016 - 03:59 PM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 04 August 2016 - 03:40 PM, said:

I'm OK with the BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRT on like AC2s and 20s. I wan't something more like a Bofors or bigger for the AC10 and 20.

but deeper.

Fair enough. I thought he as asking for deeper than that. Always enjoyed how Bofors sound though, so I can agree on that point.

#102 LordKnightFandragon

• 7,239 posts

Posted 04 August 2016 - 04:00 PM

With Jordan at the helm, I am hoping it will be nothing short of down right amazing. I just hope he doesnt give in to 2016 gamers....

I also hope they leave the Clans out for awhile.

I so want my Lance to consist of 1 Zeus(not the PGI Hardpoints), 1 Mauler, 1 Warhammer and a Centurion maybe. I also want the PVE to be Coop, so I can support my Uncle's lance of Commandos, which I will nickname "The Heroic Tetrarchs", which is an inside joke from when we played Company of Heroes a long time ago.

I also hope "Faction Wars" is actually a thing. Where PVE Coop campaigns are your clan or group of friends all share the same map and hopefully the same faction, and you fight battles and as you fight battles and other simulated ones go on elsewhere, the map changes control and stuff. Then the Coop campaigns will never actually be "won".

But heck, that looks good, to bad he doesnt show the entire battle.

#103 Lorian Sunrider

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,176 posts
  • LocationCochrane, Alberta

Posted 04 August 2016 - 04:26 PM

View PostJaxRiot, on 04 August 2016 - 01:06 PM, said:

So its supposed to be launching with All of that? Fore sure?

I was under the impression that they would only be able to do Some of that.

That list has more than I remember them saying that they wanted to reach.

I have already funded, and was happy thinking all we would get was some sort of PvE. But if all of that comes with it at Launch, then Im extra happy

That was the original plan. They said they were making the game which was a PvE skirmish mode regardless, with their own funding. Kickstarter was what let them become more ambitious and promise that list.

Now of course they MAY not fulfill all those things, but HBS has a track record of living up to their Kickstarters with 4 games now.

FOR THOSE ASKING ABOUT CLANS

While it is subject to change, over on the BT forums the developers actually talk with people and answer questions in a specific sub forum. I believe it was said that if this game does well, the first expansion/sequel would be set in the 4th Succession War and then the second expansion/sequel would likely be the Clan Invasion.

So by comparison they did three Shadowrun games via kickstarter (Returns, Dragonfall and Hong Kong). Returns came out in July 2013, Dragonfall came out in February 14, and Hong Kong came out in August 2015. So roughly 3 FULL games in about 2 years since they used the same engine. If we get lucky, maybe they can do the same here.

Also the hopeful launch date for this game is May 2017.

#104 El Bandito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 04 August 2016 - 04:28 PM

View PostJaxRiot, on 04 August 2016 - 01:06 PM, said:

So its supposed to be launching with All of that? Fore sure?

I was under the impression that they would only be able to do Some of that.

That list has more than I remember them saying that they wanted to reach.

I have already funded, and was happy thinking all we would get was some sort of PvE. But if all of that comes with it at Launch, then Im extra happy

They said they will implement everything in the list since they are all funded. However, those might not all come with launch--some might be implemented at later date if HBS wishes to release the game next year.

#105 Lazor Sharp

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 353 posts

Posted 04 August 2016 - 04:44 PM

I am hoping that the asset content exchange flows both ways, and PGI will use various assets that HB creates, to help flesh out mwo's modes and help with solaris and PvE's AI, campaign's and map's, and 4 man coop..... Utilizing the best stuff from both games, gives synergy to both games.

Now if they could add some Areotech (elite dangerous /star citizen like) with CGL we would have the best of all worlds........ I guess I can only dream.........

#106 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 04 August 2016 - 04:49 PM

View PostLordKnightFandragon, on 04 August 2016 - 04:00 PM, said:

With Jordan at the helm, I am hoping it will be nothing short of down right amazing. I just hope he doesnt give in to 2016 gamers....

I also hope they leave the Clans out for awhile.

I so want my Lance to consist of 1 Zeus(not the PGI Hardpoints), 1 Mauler, 1 Warhammer and a Centurion maybe. I also want the PVE to be Coop, so I can support my Uncle's lance of Commandos, which I will nickname "The Heroic Tetrarchs", which is an inside joke from when we played Company of Heroes a long time ago.

I also hope "Faction Wars" is actually a thing. Where PVE Coop campaigns are your clan or group of friends all share the same map and hopefully the same faction, and you fight battles and as you fight battles and other simulated ones go on elsewhere, the map changes control and stuff. Then the Coop campaigns will never actually be "won".

But heck, that looks good, to bad he doesnt show the entire battle.

If I go "heavy", I'm inclined toward MAD-3D, AWS-8Q, ARC-2S, WVR-6M.

But depending on customization rules, weights, etc, I have a Jagermech mod I love to run in TT. I could build a nice Medium Lance around it. Still run a WVR-6M, probably a Centurion and a Jenner with.

#107 CtrlAltWheee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Merciless
  • The Merciless
  • 610 posts

Posted 04 August 2016 - 04:53 PM

This is rad

#108 Johnny Z

• Knight Errant
  • 9,942 posts
  • LocationDueling on Solaris

Posted 04 August 2016 - 05:17 PM

I GOT ONE QUESTION. WHEN IS THE BATTLETECH MOVIE COMING OUT?

#109 MadcatX

• Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 1,026 posts

Posted 04 August 2016 - 05:31 PM

View PostJohnny Z, on 04 August 2016 - 05:17 PM, said:

I GOT ONE QUESTION. WHEN IS THE BATTLETECH MOVIE COMING OUT?

When they get done rebooting every franchise, making sequels to decades old movies and after they've shown us every single hero in the Marvel cinematic universe (Sorry DC, your animated stuff is great, you just suck at movies....), then they MIGHT make a btech movie.

Well, actually, lets pitch the idea to Bollywood. End result probably will be bad, but hilarious.

Edited by MadcatX, 04 August 2016 - 05:31 PM.

#110 Lootee

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 1,269 posts

Posted 04 August 2016 - 05:39 PM

This looks amazing. Glad I backed it.

Hopefully they will stick to their plan and keep it 3025 only.

#111 Johnny Z

• Knight Errant
  • 9,942 posts
  • LocationDueling on Solaris

Posted 04 August 2016 - 05:49 PM

View PostMadcatX, on 04 August 2016 - 05:31 PM, said:

When they get done rebooting every franchise, making sequels to decades old movies and after they've shown us every single hero in the Marvel cinematic universe (Sorry DC, your animated stuff is great, you just suck at movies....), then they MIGHT make a btech movie.

Well, actually, lets pitch the idea to Bollywood. End result probably will be bad, but hilarious.

There are 2 games at the moment. Many books and board games and a few video games in the past. Very few good movies around lately, all of this adds up to a Battletech/MechWarrior movie. That's why I want to know when. :)

Edited by Johnny Z, 04 August 2016 - 05:49 PM.

#112 TLBFestus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,519 posts

Posted 04 August 2016 - 06:45 PM

What the heck were they thinking with that map design? I couldn't see one bottle neck.

#113 Carl Vickers

• The Covert
  • The Covert
  • 2,649 posts
  • LocationPerth

Posted 04 August 2016 - 06:54 PM

View PostTLBFestus, on 04 August 2016 - 06:45 PM, said:

What the heck were they thinking with that map design? I couldn't see one bottle neck.

Whilst they have taken mech designs from MWO they certainly didnt take map design from MWO, great thinking there.

#114 Idealsuspect

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2,127 posts

Posted 04 August 2016 - 07:34 PM

View PostNavid A1, on 03 August 2016 - 11:30 PM, said:

So excited to try Battletech... got the email today and watch the video on my phone.

Now if we can get HBS to write a campaign story for PGI.

I am pretty sure it was a big part of deal between PGI and HBS.
3D models vs background elements ( not only lore stuffs about each new mech package but yea a solo campain in the future if PGI is able to dev it... )
Or it was money vs 3D models .. but i am pretty sure HBS can modelise theirs own mechs also if it was money vs 3D model PGI was too hungry^^ .
Alex work about mechs don't only belong to PGI but to the whole IP, pretty sure all compagnies which are involved into IP games developpement can use visuals freely.

Anyway it's good for both compagnies also its good for BattleTech.

#115 Brain Cancer

• The 1 Percent
  • 3,851 posts

Posted 04 August 2016 - 08:05 PM

I just realized the Atlas mirrored the old beta joke of having it's head shot off with disturbingly good odds.

That they managed to get sensor/fog of war right in the super-alpha makes me cry a little.

#116 JaxRiot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 666 posts

Posted 04 August 2016 - 08:34 PM

Right?

And I didnt see a single quirk on any of those mechs

Do they even know how to Battletech?

Joke.. For those Humor challenged

#117 LordKnightFandragon

• 7,239 posts

Posted 04 August 2016 - 08:58 PM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 04 August 2016 - 04:49 PM, said:

If I go "heavy", I'm inclined toward MAD-3D, AWS-8Q, ARC-2S, WVR-6M.

But depending on customization rules, weights, etc, I have a Jagermech mod I love to run in TT. I could build a nice Medium Lance around it. Still run a WVR-6M, probably a Centurion and a Jenner with.

Either way, after watching that, I gotta hide my Mech Woody, cuz it got me all excited...Seeing that video gave me the exact same "HELL YES!!!! I want this and I want it NAO!!!! feeling that I got when I first heard about MW: Reboot and saw that Warhammer/Atlas video. I just hope Battletech doesnt end up deflating my woody in the same manner....

Im actually pretty terrible at turn based games, but maybe now that I think a little more in games, I might do better. Either way, I wantz it!!! I hope they dont limit our builds and stuff to much though......

View PostTLBFestus, on 04 August 2016 - 06:45 PM, said:

View PostCarl Vickers, on 04 August 2016 - 06:54 PM, said:

Whilst they have taken mech designs from MWO they certainly didnt take map design from MWO, great thinking there.

View PostJaxRiot, on 04 August 2016 - 08:34 PM, said:

Right?

And I didnt see a single quirk on any of those mechs

Do they even know how to Battletech?

Joke.. For those Humor challenged

Its what happens when you take the daddy of Battletech and design it the way its meant to be.....which is a mission based game, not this lame ol' 2016, ADHD, High on everything, just wanna dakka kiddie gamer horde type deal that MWO is.

It looks like its gunna take some brain power, planning, strategy, thinking, yes......1 million times YES!!! Now dont disappoint HBS.

#118 JaxRiot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 666 posts

Posted 04 August 2016 - 09:10 PM

Heyyy.. Who you accusin of having adh..SQUIREL!

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users