#181 jss78

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 2,575 posts
  • LocationHelsinki

Posted 04 August 2016 - 06:31 PM

View PostMole, on 04 August 2016 - 06:20 PM, said:

You could give me a new Light 'mech that has one friggin' energy hardpoint to its name and not a thing else, as long as it's small and fast I can make it work. I have not met a light 'mech in this game that is not perfectly viable to this day despite the hundreds that crow about things like the Commando and Mist Lynx being terrible.

Sounds to me like you're basically asking for the Ostscout Posted Image

Posted Image

#182 FupDup

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts
  • LocationThe Keeper of Memes

Posted 04 August 2016 - 06:34 PM

View Postcazidin, on 04 August 2016 - 05:59 PM, said:

Let me rephrase. We'll see lights, but they'll be few in number. We have very few left that won't be DOA - legitimately DOA because of size, engine cap or hard points. I appreciate wanting more light mechs but what GOOD ones are left that won't need a lot of quirks?

I'm genuinely curious, btw. This isn't a rhetorical question.

Locust IIC, basically. That's about it. There are a few "okay" ones like the Raptor that would need some modest quirks at minimum, and a whole lot of lemons.

This goes beyond the design of MWO, though. In BT itself, light mechs have a higher proportion of lemons than any other weight class. This isn't a "role warfare" or "info warfare" problem so much as the TT writers deliberately making very bad chassis with massive weaknesses and few if any strengths.

Edited by FupDup, 04 August 2016 - 06:36 PM.

#183 Navid A1

• CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • 4,936 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

How true is my theory?

- Single mechpacks have very lowe value
- PGI used most wanted mechs such as the alpha lance to milk money with their new pricing model
- Post Kodiak mechpacks are not selling (because the pricing and value sucks)
- PGI is getting worried
- PGI is reverting back to nostalgia mechs to milk more money out of their single mech packs model.
- Marauder was their best seller
- PGI decides to do a IIC to repeat the cash grab
- PGI was willing to completely disregard timeline and tech availablity
- PGI thinks it will sell (they are in for a nasty surprise)

Here is Russ rubbing it to your face:
Posted Image

Translation:
We know you all j*zz'd your pants with the marauder... now we want you to do it again with Marauder IIC

Edited by Navid A1, 08 August 2016 - 12:11 AM.

#184 Revis Volek

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 7,247 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationBack in the Pilots chair

View PostBattlemaster56, on 04 August 2016 - 12:21 PM, said:

Or the can have 4 mech pack every three months, and between the 3 months we can release singles of whatever mech the playerbase votes on, it seems like a flawless marketing plan tbh.

They dont do mech packs anymore, they were not making enough money on us.

#185 FupDup

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts
  • LocationThe Keeper of Memes

Posted 04 August 2016 - 06:36 PM

View PostMole, on 04 August 2016 - 06:20 PM, said:

You could give me a new Light 'mech that has one friggin' energy hardpoint to its name and not a thing else, as long as it's small and fast I can make it work. I have not met a light 'mech in this game that is not perfectly viable to this day despite the hundreds that crow about things like the Commando and Mist Lynx being terrible.

I bet you're the kind of guy that would load a mech with a single Machine Gun and 0.5 tons of ammo and call it competitive.

Let's get down to earth here. The Commando and Mist Lynx are in fact trash mechs. People sometimes post cherry-picked screenshots of high scores with those chassis, but that is corrupted by other variables such as the skill level (or lack thereof) of the red team.

Edited by FupDup, 04 August 2016 - 06:36 PM.

#186 Mole

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,314 posts
  • LocationAt work, cutting up brains for a living.

Posted 04 August 2016 - 06:38 PM

View Postjss78, on 04 August 2016 - 06:31 PM, said:

Sounds to me like you're basically asking for the Ostscout Posted Image

Posted Image

I really don't care what it is. I love light 'mechs, need some new ones badly, will take anything they are willing to give that is less than 40 tons.

#187 Ashnod

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,636 posts
  • LocationAustin, TX

Posted 04 August 2016 - 06:38 PM

Give us the next level of tech so the true monster variants of this mech can be played with.. Heavy lasers & HAGs Posted Image

Posted Image
Make it happen PGI!

Edited by Ashnod, 04 August 2016 - 06:44 PM.

#188 Mole

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,314 posts
  • LocationAt work, cutting up brains for a living.

Posted 04 August 2016 - 06:41 PM

View PostFupDup, on 04 August 2016 - 06:36 PM, said:

I bet you're the kind of guy that would load a mech with a single Machine Gun and 0.5 tons of ammo and call it competitive.

I will not do that. I will, however, load a Commando 1B with 3 Medium Lasers and an SRM6 and place highly on the scoreboard of any given PUG match with it and have the best of times doing it. I'll agree with you that the Commando and Mist Lynx aren't 'competetive' per se, even I wouldn't bring them into an FW match. There are just better options out there if you are really trying to squeeze every little ounce of performance you can get out of a drop deck. But for solo queue? Hell yeah I'll take me a Commando or a Mist Lynx and be just fine.

#189 FLG 01

• Leutnant
  • Leutnant
  • 2,646 posts

Posted 04 August 2016 - 06:48 PM

View PostMole, on 04 August 2016 - 06:41 PM, said:

I will not do that. I will, however, load a Commando 1B with 3 Medium Lasers and an SRM6 and place highly on the scoreboard of any given PUG match with it and have the best of times doing it. I'll agree with you that the Commando and Mist Lynx aren't 'competetive' per se, even I wouldn't bring them into an FW match. There are just better options out there if you are really trying to squeeze every little ounce of performance you can get out of a drop deck. But for solo queue? Hell yeah I'll take me a Commando or a Mist Lynx and be just fine.

There is nothing wrong with piloting bad Mechs and loving it. I enjoy I my Wolfhound-rides even though I know they are pretty bad right now.
As long as nobody insists on bad Mechs being good (or BAP making LRM lock faster...Posted Image ), I am fine with it.

And let us face something else: the class of light Mechs needs reinforcements. It is a stale game when all you see are Locusts and Hankyus. (And yes, it needs to be a good light Mech, like the Spector).

View PostMoonlight Grimoire, on 04 August 2016 - 06:11 PM, said:

The fireball is technically impossible for MWO, it goes quite frankly faster than the engine can handle, unless you don't mind going full speed and suddenly clipping through walls, the ground, skybox, enemy mechs, and in general just being obliterated like a cloths lined firemoth. This is the same reason the firemoth is not in MWO, beyond I believe 170kph the cryengine stops working.

I have heard that. I just still hope it is not true. Posted Image

#190 El Bandito

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 04 August 2016 - 07:08 PM

View PostQuicksilver Kalasa, on 04 August 2016 - 06:27 PM, said:

All of which live because they have all the high mounts, if it weren't for those 5-6 high mounts they enjoy, they would be just as sad as the Warhawk.

Quad CERPPC Warhawk is still good though.

#191 Requiemking

• The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 2,479 posts
  • LocationStationed at the Iron Dingo's Base on Dumassas

Posted 04 August 2016 - 07:10 PM

What we need is the Flea.

#192 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 04 August 2016 - 07:29 PM

View PostSummon3r, on 04 August 2016 - 06:17 PM, said:

omfg lol? this is the definition of minimally viable product...... this is low even at pgi standards

bitter vet out

btw any of you HBS btech kickstarters see the pre alpha gameplay footage today!?!? nothing short of epic!!!!

http://mwomercs.com/...ech-sneak-peek/

Yes, indeed I have

#193 Y E O N N E

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 16,810 posts

Posted 04 August 2016 - 07:32 PM

View PostMarack Drock the Unicorn Wizard, on 04 August 2016 - 07:28 PM, said:

Why? We have Locust... the only thing Flea would do is screw up hit boxes because of MASC.

There are no 'Mechs that wouldn't be redundant with currently existing 'Mechs.

#194 Airu

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 201 posts

Posted 04 August 2016 - 07:39 PM

All I want is a locust sized mech with jjs and speed, basically stinger/wasp with ability to install xl190.

#195 Strum Wealh

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 5,025 posts
  • LocationPittsburgh, PA

Posted 04 August 2016 - 07:59 PM

View PostPariah Devalis, on 04 August 2016 - 02:43 PM, said:

Always viewed HAGs as a sort of Metal Storm weapon system. A stream of smaller projectiles.

View Postdervishx5, on 04 August 2016 - 02:45 PM, said:

I was referring to the MRMs he mentioned. HAG is what you imagine it to be. Just one constant stream of projectiles fired in 20, 30, or 40 round bursts.

"Possibly inspired by reports of the Lyrans’ Heavy Gauss, the Horses’ weapon is especially effective against vehicles, battle armor and aircraft - but it avoids the design flaws of Defiance Industries’ creation in firing multiple projectiles of far lighter caliber though a battery of capacitors, making up for the lack of punch with an extremely high rate of fire - sort of a 'rotary Gauss' concept. Varying the amount of capacitors to increase potential damage, the Horses have developed three distinct 'HAG' models (now there’s an unfortunate acronym!) that operate on the same principles, with each larger model offering an increase in heat and mass for a corresponding increase in sheer volume of fire." - TechManual, pg. 219

"Once the Damage Value has been determined from the Cluster Hits Table, damage from a HAG is divided into 5-point Damage Value groupings (any remainder damage assigned to a final grouping), with each grouping assigned to a different location using the appropriate Damage Location Table (provided the target has separate locations)." - Total Warfare, pg. 136

Like Pariah, my interpretation of the HAGs was that of a volley gun (of which the Metal Storm system is merely a modern example) - rather than firing a single larger projectile like the IS Heavy Gauss Rifles, the Clans' HAGs would simultaneously (or in very quick succession) fire a large number of small projectiles - a "cloud of metal" - from a mitrailleuse-like or Nock-like arrangement of linked barrels (20 barrels for a HAG-20, 30 barrels for a HAG-30, 40 barrels for a HAG-40).

Edited by Strum Wealh, 04 August 2016 - 08:04 PM.

#196 Dirus Nigh

• 2,382 posts

Posted 04 August 2016 - 08:06 PM

Meh. Looks to close to the original marauder. To bad Alex didnt make it closer to the original IIC

Posted Image

#197 Brain Cancer

• The 1 Percent
  • 3,851 posts

Posted 04 August 2016 - 08:11 PM

View PostKadreal, on 04 August 2016 - 04:34 PM, said:

Wow, not a light?

This makes 12 non-light mechs in a row. And even then, the most recent release was the IIC pack, with one of each. We haven't seen a dedicated light since the Urbie.

It's a waste land out here for us light pilots.

I'd call the Viper a medium that functions like a light, though. So 11 1/2.

And the last Clan light was what, the "oh no not another SRM 36 to the backside" Jenner IIC, right? I don't think they have many Clan light choices left at this point. We could use the Locust IIC though. It's legit for the base model, 2, 3, and I think 8 though that may push the speed limit issues with a 300XL in a 25 tonner.

#198 Brain Cancer

• The 1 Percent
  • 3,851 posts

Posted 04 August 2016 - 08:14 PM

View PostFang01, on 04 August 2016 - 06:27 PM, said:

While I'm all about the Macross trio, this one could be easily fixed by a new variant of the Spider. Just a fourth energy point would fix so much about it it aint funny

http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Venom

And it's even got a 3050 production date.

#199 Airu

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 201 posts

Posted 04 August 2016 - 08:23 PM

35 ton spider would be the size of a firestarter, imo barely a light mech. But a new 20-25 tonner with jj is just right for the type of gameplay that I want. But any new IS light at this point would be nice.

#200 Y E O N N E

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 16,810 posts

Posted 04 August 2016 - 08:25 PM

Locust IIC get.

7 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 7 guests, 0 anonymous users