#221 Raso

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Sickle
  • The Sickle
  • 1,298 posts
  • LocationConnecticut

Posted 05 August 2016 - 03:16 AM

View PostFupDup, on 04 August 2016 - 11:37 AM, said:

Almost every single variant of this mechs uses out-of-timeline weapons and/or equipment, so PGI is going to have to invent at least 4-5 variants of their own.

I hope this meana new weapons are on the way. I'd love to get me some RAC5s!

#222 Antares102

• Death Star
  • Death Star
  • 1,409 posts

Posted 05 August 2016 - 03:18 AM

View PostRaso, on 05 August 2016 - 03:16 AM, said:

I hope this meana new weapons are on the way. I'd love to get me some RAC5s!

Lulz... not really. They just put in the current weapons and make up loadouts.

#223 Steinar Bergstol

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,622 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 05 August 2016 - 03:44 AM

Clanmech. Not interested. Haven't bought one yet and don't intend to either. Gimme an IS mech and we'll talk.

#224 Yellonet

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,956 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 05 August 2016 - 03:48 AM

View PostMoldur, on 04 August 2016 - 09:57 PM, said:

Light mechs take the same amount of time and resources to create as any other mech, but it is a fairly common opinion that $20 for a light is a rip-off.

Hence, we are not going to see a $20 (or cheaper, since again it is the same cost for PGI) light pack unless it is extremely popular before any hint of, or in-spite of its in-game viability (a la urban mech.) It is just a needless risk compared to a heavy or an assault where people perceive the mech to be more valuable.

There is your answer, dreamers.
Moldur, Destroyer of Dreams, The Upwaker.

Damn you!! Posted Image

#225 Yellonet

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,956 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 05 August 2016 - 03:52 AM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 04 August 2016 - 10:40 PM, said:

might be the case in the good ol USA. Here in Mexico, the average worker might take home 200 pesos a day.... which is about 11 bucks, atm. And before you shoo us off your lawn...we probably are the people you hired to cut it. Just saying.

Not all of PGIs customers are in Trumplandia.
So are you really rich?

Oh, congrats to 40,000 btw :)

#226 jjm1

• Hell Fork
  • Hell Fork
  • 1,384 posts

Posted 05 August 2016 - 03:53 AM

View PostChuck Jager, on 04 August 2016 - 10:05 PM, said:

WTF

$20 is 2 hours minimum wage where I live and is a bargain compared to the older pricing methods that used to be in place.

If someone can not afford $20 for 3mechs and mechbays, including premium time ($12) and other schwag, they maybe need to be doing less gaming as well as get off my lawn.

Its just principle for me. I'm not going to pay $20 USD (or get the total pack for an obscene 91.37 Australian Dollars) for just one asset that has no new weapons, no new sounds and practically the same set of textures (all costing extra) pumped out of their artists pipeline.

For that same money I can buy half of a steam sales whole inventory. I could buy a brand new game that has some effort and new ideas in it.

Maybe if they were enriching the content in the rest of the game, it would be a fair covering price but they are not. IMO its starting to look like they are just milking dedicated mech fans with no proper reinvestment in their product.

#227 kapusta11

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 3,854 posts

Posted 05 August 2016 - 04:48 AM

Salty MWO vet in a nutshell:

Waa new mech pack, PGI you geedy f***s.
Waa it's a clam mech, I hate clans.
Waa it's a laser boat, I ****ing HATE laser boats.
Waa it looks like Marauder, PGI you lazy f***s.
Waa it might bring new tech (powercreep), PGI your balancing sucks and so do you.
Waa it might not bring new tech, gameplay is stale as ****, PGI I'm out.

#228 Steinar Bergstol

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,622 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 05 August 2016 - 04:58 AM

View Postkapusta11, on 05 August 2016 - 04:48 AM, said:

Salty MWO vet in a nutshell:

Waa new mech pack, PGI you geedy f***s.
Waa it's a clam mech, I hate clans.
Waa it's a laser boat, I ****ing HATE laser boats.
Waa it looks like Marauder, PGI you lazy f***s.
Waa it might bring new tech (powercreep), PGI your balancing sucks and so do you.
Waa it might not bring new tech, gameplay is stale as ****, PGI I'm out.

No salt. Just have no interest in clanmechs. I was hoping for an IS mech to buy now that the clans have had a run of mechs one after the other. The problem with doing a bunch of mechs from the same faction one after the other (be it IS or clan) is that you basically cut off the stream of Money from those customers who have no interest in that particular side of the fence for a long time rather than just for one mech, which is what you'd get if they were alternated.

#229 Clownwarlord

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,410 posts
  • LocationBusy stealing clan mechs.

Posted 05 August 2016 - 04:59 AM

View PostDarth Hotz, on 04 August 2016 - 01:26 PM, said:

So Clans get:

- The Kodiak
- The Huntsman
- The Viper
- The Night Gyr
- The Linebacker
- The Marauder IIc

And the IS gets:

- The Phoenix Hawk
- The Cyclops
- Lots of nerfs

Cool.

You are forgetting Rifleman, Marauder, Archer, and Warhammer for IS list.

#230 Angel of Annihilation

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 8,872 posts

Posted 05 August 2016 - 05:02 AM

I will have to see what the hard point configurations look like before I buy but for myself I am glad it is a Clan mech. I guess it helps that I have always been a Clanner at heart but I just can't get into playing IS mechs anymore.

As far as the Marauder IIC, I think I would have preferred seeing the Warhammer IIC instead because like Bishop Steiner, after I purchased the Marauder pack, I found I didn't like the new styling on the Marauder. It went from a very sleek-looking killing machine in the source books to looking more like a bloated tick in game. Honestly it is one of the few mechs in this game that didn't manage to get an improved appearance from the source books.

One thing about this mech that is disappointing is that the JJs will be worthless thus kind of removing one of its most defining features. Honestly it is just so annoying that PGI can't get it through their head that JJs weigh 2 tons each should have at least 3 times the lift of JJs that weigh 0.5 tons a piece yet 2 of those half ton jump jets can lift a 35 ton mech higher, farther and faster than four 2-ton jump jets can lift a 100 ton mech. Basically there is no good reason why JJs should be useless on an assault.

Of course the other issue is that it is almost a situation of who cares that it is a new mech since it will be 6 months before we can play it. Honestly I am not sure I will be even playing this game in 6 month. Personally I wish they would hold off on annoucing a new mech until it was actually available for sale and playable.

#231 Raso

• The Sickle
  • The Sickle
  • 1,298 posts
  • LocationConnecticut

Posted 05 August 2016 - 05:03 AM

View PostAntares102, on 05 August 2016 - 03:18 AM, said:

Lulz... not really. They just put in the current weapons and make up loadouts.

Yeah that sounds more like the PGI I know....

#232 Metus regem

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 10,282 posts
  • LocationNAIS College of Military Science OCS courses

Posted 05 August 2016 - 05:10 AM

View PostViktor Drake, on 05 August 2016 - 05:02 AM, said:

One thing about this mech that is disappointing is that the JJs will be worthless thus kind of removing one of its most defining features. Honestly it is just so annoying that PGI can't get it through their head that JJs weigh 2 tons each should have at least 3 times the lift of JJs that weigh 0.5 tons a piece yet 2 of those half ton jump jets can lift a 35 ton mech higher, farther and faster than four 2-ton jump jets can lift a 100 ton mech. Basically there is no good reason why JJs should be useless on an assault.

The Marauder IIC is 85t, not the 100t Marauder II, this means that the MAD-IIC will get 1t JJ's as 85t is the last weight that gets 1t JJ's.

#233 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 05 August 2016 - 05:35 AM

View PostTheArisen, on 04 August 2016 - 11:09 PM, said:

While his statement was a bit ignorant I believe you have some misconceptions about the US.

Bro...i was born and raised in the USA. For 36 years. I only transplanted to Mexico 4 years ago. Largely to get away from the divisiveness and the grind. The "misconception" was intentional play off of his "first world problems" comment.

View PostMetus regem, on 05 August 2016 - 05:10 AM, said:

The Marauder IIC is 85t, not the 100t Marauder II, this means that the MAD-IIC will get 1t JJ's as 85t is the last weight that gets 1t JJ's.

But still worthless...just half the weight worthless. (See Exhibit A: Victor)

#234 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 05 August 2016 - 05:39 AM

View PostYellonet, on 05 August 2016 - 03:52 AM, said:

So are you really rich?

Oh, congrats to 40,000 btw Posted Image

I'm poor AF, truth be told. Going to be even poorer if I don't get a new job soon. I just happen to live an extremely simple life, by choice. Fortunately, my rent and utilities down here will be totally about $250 USD a month once I move to my new place, before groceries, etc. And I tend to get most of my meat from the sea. But there is a reason I play on a potato laptop, since hurricane Patricia destroyed my desktop and a bunch of other things. Because I simply cannot afford to upgrade.

#235 cazidin

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 4,259 posts

Posted 05 August 2016 - 05:49 AM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 05 August 2016 - 05:39 AM, said:

I'm poor AF, truth be told. Going to be even poorer if I don't get a new job soon. I just happen to live an extremely simple life, by choice. Fortunately, my rent and utilities down here will be totally about $250 USD a month once I move to my new place, before groceries, etc. And I tend to get most of my meat from the sea. But there is a reason I play on a potato laptop, since hurricane Patricia destroyed my desktop and a bunch of other things. Because I simply cannot afford to upgrade.

GL finding a job.

#236 HumpingBunny

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 101 posts

Posted 05 August 2016 - 05:50 AM

So, let me get this straight:

After consulting Sarna, only 2 variants are available given the game's current year? Will PGI invent variants or do the smart thing and move the timeline up? I understand that Russ has stated "we should pace ourselves" and that's not an unreasonable remark. However, it couldn't hurt to move the timeline up to allow the implementation of an occasional 3050's/3060's 'Mech - not to mention the new weapons and equipment too. I must say, I am interested to see what happens.

*hopes of not implementing imaginary variants*

#237 cazidin

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 4,259 posts

Posted 05 August 2016 - 05:53 AM

View PostHumpingBunny, on 05 August 2016 - 05:50 AM, said:

After consulting Sarna, only 2 variants are available given the game's current year? Will PGI invent variants or do the smart thing and move the timeline up? I understand that Russ has stated "we should pace ourselves" and that's not an unreasonable remark. However, it couldn't hurt to move the timeline up to allow the implementation of an occasional 3050's/3060's 'Mech - not to mention the new weapons and equipment too. I must say, I am interested to see what happens.

Maybe PGI will subtly implement new technology with the Marauder IIC? Posted Image

#238 Navid A1

• CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • 4,936 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 05 August 2016 - 05:55 AM

View PostHumpingBunny, on 05 August 2016 - 05:50 AM, said:

You just have to check the MWO information hub (Russ on twitter)... not the forums (the place that is supposed to be THE MWO information hub).

Posted Image

#239 HumpingBunny

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 101 posts

Posted 05 August 2016 - 06:01 AM

View Postcazidin, on 05 August 2016 - 05:53 AM, said:

Maybe PGI will subtly implement new technology with the Marauder IIC? Posted Image

That was actually my subliminal question.

View PostNavid A1, on 05 August 2016 - 05:55 AM, said:

You just have to check the MWO information hub (Russ on twitter)... not the forums (the place that is supposed to be THE MWO information hub). Posted Image

I do not have a Twitter account, and I refuse to create one in order to check for MWO information when it needs to be here on the forums.

#240 Mechteric

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 7,308 posts
  • LocationRTP, NC

Posted 05 August 2016 - 06:37 AM

View PostHumpingBunny, on 05 August 2016 - 06:01 AM, said:

That was actually my subliminal question.

I do not have a Twitter account, and I refuse to create one in order to check for MWO information when it needs to be here on the forums.

It's ok, there's decent enough people that report it back here for us plebs.

11 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 11 guests, 0 anonymous users