ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 05 August 2016 - 08:28 AM

View PostMetus regem, on 05 August 2016 - 08:27 AM, said:

That's the Grand Summoner, a completely different mech...

http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Thor_II

and a butt ugly one, too......Posted Image

#262 Metus regem

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 10,282 posts
  • LocationNAIS College of Military Science OCS courses

Posted 05 August 2016 - 08:31 AM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 05 August 2016 - 08:28 AM, said:

-shrug- I kind of like it myself...

#263 jss78

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 2,575 posts
  • LocationHelsinki

Posted 05 August 2016 - 08:31 AM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 05 August 2016 - 08:06 AM, said:

Guy spouts 90% pure anecdotal nonsense, usually totally debunked upon any modest fact check, inherited his money, has filed bankruptcy 4 times, acts liek a petulant child yet half of the USA is not just sipping the koolaid, but bathing in it.

What the heck.

Isn't it actually far less than half? I believe if you take away children, and the eligible adults who simply don't vote, you only need something like 25% of Americans to go and vote for you, to become president.

And that IMO opens the door for the batsh*t crazies and/or sociopaths into US national politics. Participation in democratic elections is unusually low in USA, compared to many other western countries. Many reasonable people just step out because they all suck, and this opens the door for even more crazy and pathological politicians. It's a self-perpatuating cycle.

View PostBishop Steiner, on 05 August 2016 - 07:55 AM, said:

which is pretty laughable since people act like opening a twitter account will turn one into a Kardashian or something. It's free, it's simple and it lets me keep track of several things related to games and music, easily.

But people still act like ti's for teenage girls or something.

All true. Now INSTAGRAM, however...

#264 Dee Eight

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 05 August 2016 - 08:39 AM

View PostMajor Tomm, on 05 August 2016 - 08:15 AM, said:

Then why don't they release some Summoner Alts with no jump-jets and/or Endo Steel and FF armor if it is so simple?

Because the basic configuration of the summoner, its fixed construction loadout that cannot be altered per the Battletech rules, includes FF armor only and jump jets. Every summoner variant will be that way. If you want a 70 tonner omni WITHOUT FF and JJ, but with endo steel... you have to create a whole new mech to do it.

#265 cazidin

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 4,259 posts

Posted 05 August 2016 - 08:39 AM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 05 August 2016 - 08:28 AM, said:

The Summoner/Thor I is ugly too. Your point? Posted Image

#266 Quicksilver Aberration

• The Nightmare
  • The Nightmare
  • 11,756 posts
  • LocationKansas City, MO

Posted 05 August 2016 - 08:44 AM

View PostEl Bandito, on 04 August 2016 - 07:08 PM, said:

Quad CERPPC Warhawk was never good though.

FTFY.

Yes I'm late to respond to this, I don't care.

Edited by Quicksilver Kalasa, 05 August 2016 - 08:45 AM.

#267 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 05 August 2016 - 08:48 AM

View Postjss78, on 05 August 2016 - 08:31 AM, said:

Isn't it actually far less than half? I believe if you take away children, and the eligible adults who simply don't vote, you only need something like 25% of Americans to go and vote for you, to become president.

And that IMO opens the door for the batsh*t crazies and/or sociopaths into US national politics. Participation in democratic elections is unusually low in USA, compared to many other western countries. Many reasonable people just step out because they all suck, and this opens the door for even more crazy and pathological politicians. It's a self-perpatuating cycle.

All true. Now INSTAGRAM, however...

I actualyl know a lot of professional photographers and even marine biologists that use instagram heavily. I have a pretty solid marine life photo reel on it, actually. Social media reaches multiple target groups, so for every ducklipped idiot teen taking selfies in the bathroom, you have organizations like the Marine Conservation Science Institute that use it to promote environmental awareness, shark conservation, etc.

View Postcazidin, on 05 August 2016 - 08:39 AM, said:

The Summoner/Thor I is ugly too. Your point? Posted Image

your face is ugly. No true Jade Pigeon would trash talk the Summoner

#268 cazidin

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 4,259 posts

Posted 05 August 2016 - 08:58 AM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 05 August 2016 - 08:48 AM, said:

your face is ugly. No true Jade Pigeon would trash talk the Summoner

Actually, my face is incredibly handsome. The Summoner has a certain charm to it, despite its... boxy aesthetic. Posted Image

#269 crashlogic

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • 318 posts

Posted 05 August 2016 - 09:01 AM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 04 August 2016 - 11:41 AM, said:

Meh. The homogeneous/androgynous builds were boring AF anyhow. But it does indeed make this even less exciting.... also..well, Big Whoop.

Wallet remains safely closed.

apparently never. HBS has closed up on the initial IS mechs to be in game, so I suppose that removes any real impetus for PGI to make em. And the Clann Whiners are still crying that "IS has too many mechs already".....

Ignoring the fact that if PGI wan't to keep loyalists on both sides actually involved... they realyl need to simply split it, with alternating Clan/IS each month.

HBS?

#270 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 05 August 2016 - 09:02 AM

View Postcrashlogic, on 05 August 2016 - 09:01 AM, said:

HBS?

HareBrained Schemes. Developers of Shadowrun, Necropolis and Battletech (may 2017) games.

#271 1453 R

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 5,547 posts

Posted 05 August 2016 - 09:23 AM

I'm increasingly disappointed in the tendency of incoming new 'Mechs to ignore technology advances in favor of -P variants.

Don't get me wrong, overall I think it's cool for Piranha to do -P variants for 'Mechs which are otherwise too same-y or don't have quite enough timeline-appropriate variants, lets them put their unique little stamp on a given 'Mech...but the Marauder IIC is basically a FutureTech showcase that Russ is severely short-changing by stripping it of all its FutureTech weapons.

Russ, buddy? I know you don't want to deal with FutureTech - game balance is delicate enough as it is and you want to throw all your resources into Faction Play instead, but we are seriously scraping barrels here. You've just destroyed the Marauder-IIC as the FutureTech showcase it could've been in exchange for an overglut of -P variants that will inevitably, conform to the tired old "This is the energy variant, this is the ballistic variant, this is the missiles variant, this is the Weirdo Mixbag variant nobody will like, this is the more-jets-less-guns variant, and this is the wonky hero" schema.

The more 'Mechs you do this to now, the less 'Mechs you'll have to release in the future when you finally get FutureTech figured out. You may want to seriously rethink your plans, especially since a lot of FutureTech stuff would actually help more than hurt. AP Gauss/Magshots might finally give light and smaller medium 'Mechs ballistic weapons in keeping with their weight limitations, and MRMs would go a long way towards redressing the general crappiness of missiles in this game that aren't 30+-tube SRM gagglefits.

Look at HBS' recent Super Pre-Alpha showcase. Jordan Freegin' Weisman, the guy who created BattleTech-the-board-game, threw out the tabletop weapon damage numbers completely. Completely. There were 50-damage PPCs in that video. Take the weight and critslots of the weapon, take the idea of it, and turn it into something that fits MWO. And staaahhhp sabotaging FutureTech 'Mechs by releasing them before their gear is ready!

...also LUUULZ dat Atlas headcap...

#272 Angel of Annihilation

• The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 8,872 posts

Posted 05 August 2016 - 09:39 AM

View PostDee Eight, on 05 August 2016 - 08:39 AM, said:

Because the basic configuration of the summoner, its fixed construction loadout that cannot be altered per the Battletech rules, includes FF armor only and jump jets. Every summoner variant will be that way. If you want a 70 tonner omni WITHOUT FF and JJ, but with endo steel... you have to create a whole new mech to do it.

Well if you want to get technical, NONE of the IS mechs should be able to be modified AT ALL to include weapon configurations. Remember, the whole point of the Omnimech was that it used modular weapons and equipment mounting to allow for customization that traditional Battlemechs couldn't obtain outside of a modification and refit done at a tiny few mech factories located throughout the Inner Sphere. Basically you shouldn't be able to change the stock configuration of any IS mech outside of building a new mech either.

Instead we have IS mechs that can swap engines, weapons, equipment, armor types and even their entire frame at the drop of a hat while Omnimechs can't change anything besides the Pods because per the "Battletech Rules" these were fixed during construction.

So before anyone starts quoting Battletech rules, they need to think long and hard about just how many of those rules have already been thrown out the door.

Edited by Viktor Drake, 05 August 2016 - 09:40 AM.

#273 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 05 August 2016 - 09:39 AM

View Post1453 R, on 05 August 2016 - 09:23 AM, said:

I'm increasingly disappointed in the tendency of incoming new 'Mechs to ignore technology advances in favor of -P variants.

Don't get me wrong, overall I think it's cool for Piranha to do -P variants for 'Mechs which are otherwise too same-y or don't have quite enough timeline-appropriate variants, lets them put their unique little stamp on a given 'Mech...but the Marauder IIC is basically a FutureTech showcase that Russ is severely short-changing by stripping it of all its FutureTech weapons.

Russ, buddy? I know you don't want to deal with FutureTech - game balance is delicate enough as it is and you want to throw all your resources into Faction Play instead, but we are seriously scraping barrels here. You've just destroyed the Marauder-IIC as the FutureTech showcase it could've been in exchange for an overglut of -P variants that will inevitably, conform to the tired old "This is the energy variant, this is the ballistic variant, this is the missiles variant, this is the Weirdo Mixbag variant nobody will like, this is the more-jets-less-guns variant, and this is the wonky hero" schema.

The more 'Mechs you do this to now, the less 'Mechs you'll have to release in the future when you finally get FutureTech figured out. You may want to seriously rethink your plans, especially since a lot of FutureTech stuff would actually help more than hurt. AP Gauss/Magshots might finally give light and smaller medium 'Mechs ballistic weapons in keeping with their weight limitations, and MRMs would go a long way towards redressing the general crappiness of missiles in this game that aren't 30+-tube SRM gagglefits.

Look at HBS' recent Super Pre-Alpha showcase. Jordan Freegin' Weisman, the guy who created BattleTech-the-board-game, threw out the tabletop weapon damage numbers completely. Completely. There were 50-damage PPCs in that video. Take the weight and critslots of the weapon, take the idea of it, and turn it into something that fits MWO. And staaahhhp sabotaging FutureTech 'Mechs by releasing them before their gear is ready!

...also LUUULZ dat Atlas headcap...

Actually they didn't throw out the damage numbers. All weapons are a multiple of 5 from their stock damage, while it appears armor and structure was 3x ( both placeholders). They explain the bigger numbers as 1) being more visually appealing to new players, likely to be unimpressed by stock numbers, and 2) gives a broader palette to be able to make minor numerical tweaks between weapon manufacturers.

But they are still all in line with one another

#274 Mavairo

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 2,251 posts

Posted 05 August 2016 - 09:41 AM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 04 August 2016 - 11:35 AM, said:

Marauder IIC next mech, confirmed
Posted Image

Meh.

I thought the clans already had that mech..it's called the Timberwolf lol

#275 Lorian Sunrider

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,176 posts
  • LocationCochrane, Alberta

Posted 05 August 2016 - 09:45 AM

Store page is up and there is an Early Adopter Bonus Variant!

https://mwomercs.com/marauder-iic

Having spent a few more minutes look at it, this is probably the most egregious pack where the Reinforcements and the Hero have the best hard points.

Edit: Most interesting anyways. Otherwise the A is the more fun to make builds for anyways.

Edited by Lorian Sunrider, 05 August 2016 - 09:48 AM.

#276 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 05 August 2016 - 09:47 AM

View PostLorian Sunrider, on 05 August 2016 - 09:45 AM, said:

Store page is up and there is an Early Adopter Bonus Variant!

https://mwomercs.com/marauder-iic

Having spent a few more minutes look at it, this is probably the most egregious pack where the Reinforcements and the Hero have the best hard points.

Shocker, right?

#277 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 05 August 2016 - 09:51 AM

Will say, Scorch looks pretty beastly

#278 Kasumi Sumika

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,118 posts
  • LocationFeeding the Fires of Rubicon

Posted Image

Posted Image

It's Something.....

#279 Quicksilver Aberration

• The Nightmare
  • The Nightmare
  • 11,756 posts
  • LocationKansas City, MO

At least the early adopter variant is the worst of the bunch I guess, but the hero is probably the best and definitely the most versatile variant being capable of Dual Gauss/Dual ERPPC and 4 ASRM6/LBX20.

#280 Lorian Sunrider

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,176 posts
  • LocationCochrane, Alberta

Posted 05 August 2016 - 09:52 AM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 05 August 2016 - 09:47 AM, said:

Shocker, right?

Not really, just the worst offender so far in my opinion.

Oh well, same as usual for me. I'll get the basic pack and then if I really like them after release I'll consider upgrading.

I agree that the Scorch looks beastly. Gonna be tight for slots with both Endo and Ferro though. Can always change it but still.

Edited by Lorian Sunrider, 05 August 2016 - 09:53 AM.

5 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users