#81 Damocles

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 1,527 posts
  • LocationOakland, CA

Posted 04 August 2016 - 01:29 PM

View Postdervishx5, on 04 August 2016 - 01:16 PM, said:

Don't confuse the Marauder II (C) with the Marauder IIC. One is a 100 ton IS assault mech, the other is an 85 ton clan mech.

FTFY

#82 Valdarion Silarius

• Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 1,679 posts
  • LocationWubbing and dakkaing everyone in best jellyfish mech

Posted 04 August 2016 - 01:30 PM

View Postdervishx5, on 04 August 2016 - 01:12 PM, said:

That has a strong chance of being next. Any IS mech currently in the game that has an IIC counterpart has a high chance. All they have to do is slightly alter the art and geometry and bingo: new mech with much less work.

Judging by the reseen artwork design and which lazy way they are going in, I really hope they dont add something that looks like this for the rifleman iicPosted Image

If they go with something that looks like this i would be more comfortable with thisPosted Image

But I wish that PGI would make something that's a mix of the classic look with something more armored like this

Posted Image
Posted Image
PGI, take some notes. I'm closing my wallet if they go full lazy with my favorite mech in the battletech universe.

Edited by Arnold The Governator, 04 August 2016 - 01:31 PM.

#83 Quicksilver Aberration

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nightmare
  • The Nightmare
  • 11,756 posts
  • LocationKansas City, MO

Posted 04 August 2016 - 01:31 PM

View PostDamocles, on 04 August 2016 - 01:29 PM, said:

FTFY

Pretty sure he had it right the first time, as the Marauder II (C) is just a mixed tech version of the Marauder II.

#84 Alistair Winter

• Storm
  • Storm
  • 10,823 posts
  • LocationBergen, Norway, FRR

Posted 04 August 2016 - 01:32 PM

PGI keeps making it easier and easier to turn down these mech packs. I ain't even mad.

View PostMeiSooHaityu, on 04 August 2016 - 11:48 AM, said:

I'll say this though too.
The Marauder IIC design they came up with does look more like the original in some proportions.
The torso appears stubbier and taller (not as long and flat), the weapon pods also look taller and stubbier (again more like the original), and lastly the pods in back look more round (even if the do have flaps or whatever).
This design feels like they tried to make a compromise between their IS Marauder and the old one that people were more familiar with (well at least proportionately).

Hasn't this been the trend so far with IIC mechs? Certainly feels that way with the Highlander IIC, for example. I think it's a great move by Alex.

View PostYeonne Greene, on 04 August 2016 - 12:57 PM, said:

When do I get another f*cking light 'Mech? I neither need nor desire another big, especially not one of the Mary Sue Clan variety...

I'm kind of thinking this, but I also know that I'm not looking to buy any quirkless wonder 35 ton light mech the size of a Centurion any time soon. Not until PGI gets information warfare and/or role warfare going.

View PostArnold The Governator, on 04 August 2016 - 01:09 PM, said:

Cool. Now where's my rifleman iic?

I know, right?

View Postdervishx5, on 04 August 2016 - 01:12 PM, said:

That has a strong chance of being next. Any IS mech currently in the game that has an IIC counterpart has a high chance. All they have to do is slightly alter the art and geometry and bingo: new mech with much less work.

The Rifleman IIC shouldn't look that similar to the Rifleman, otherwise there's no point in releasing it. It needs to look like the Harmony Gold gundam artwork, or whoever the hell came up with the original Rifleman IIC design.

#85 Quicksilver Aberration

• The Nightmare
  • The Nightmare
  • 11,756 posts

Posted 04 August 2016 - 01:34 PM

View PostAlistair Winter, on 04 August 2016 - 01:32 PM, said:

The Rifleman IIC shouldn't look that similar to the Rifleman, otherwise there's no point in releasing it. It needs to look like the Harmony Gold gundam artwork, or whoever the hell came up with the original Rifleman IIC design.

Considering the Marauder IIC looks nothing like the Harmony Gold version, chances are very grim for you that you will get something the resembles that design more.

#86 Malleus011

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,854 posts

Posted 04 August 2016 - 01:35 PM

They should've at least done a side-by-side release of the Marauder II and the IIC. Just add winglets.

Wasp, Stinger, Valkyrie, Crusader. Release those, please.

#87 C E Dwyer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,274 posts
  • LocationHiding in the periphery, from Bounty Hunters

Posted 04 August 2016 - 01:35 PM

View PostLordNothing, on 04 August 2016 - 12:58 PM, said:

now featuring up to 13% new geometry!

where ?

#88 ChapeL

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,363 posts

Posted 04 August 2016 - 01:36 PM

I'm kinda dissapointed the new announcement is a Clan mech. Not because the clans couldn't use more variety or anything, they do. No, it's because that's an art asset HBS won't be using in Battletech. ( I'd want Sentinels, Javelins, assasins, Vulcans, etc..) Lol, it's an awefull reason I admit Posted Image

Edited by ChapeL, 04 August 2016 - 01:37 PM.

#89 Metus regem

• The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 10,282 posts
  • LocationNAIS College of Military Science OCS courses

Posted 04 August 2016 - 01:36 PM

View PostYeonne Greene, on 04 August 2016 - 01:11 PM, said:

OmniMechs are *not* better, they are merely cheaper and faster to modify. That is it entirely.

If you have ever had to deal with large scale logistics, being cheaper and faster to maintain, and change mission load outs is a big deal, it makes for less down time and that means it can be out doing what it needs to be doing.

#90 Alistair Winter

• Storm
  • Storm
  • 10,823 posts
  • LocationBergen, Norway, FRR

Posted 04 August 2016 - 01:38 PM

View PostQuicksilver Kalasa, on 04 August 2016 - 01:34 PM, said:

Considering the Marauder IIC looks nothing like the Harmony Gold version, chances are very grim for you that you will get something the resembles that design more.

With all due respect, Kalasa

Spoiler

Posted Image

Edited by Alistair Winter, 04 August 2016 - 01:39 PM.

#91 SneekiBreeki

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 358 posts
  • LocationI came here to laugh at you.(^・ω・^)

Posted 04 August 2016 - 01:38 PM

*Shudders at the tought of a reseen Whammy IIC*

Also, the original unseen IICs aren't related to Harmony Gold in any way, They are designs from Victor Musical Industries. :Y

Edited by TimberWolf87, 04 August 2016 - 01:39 PM.

#92 Y E O N N E

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 16,810 posts

Posted 04 August 2016 - 01:41 PM

View PostMetus regem, on 04 August 2016 - 01:36 PM, said:

If you have ever had to deal with large scale logistics, being cheaper and faster to maintain, and change mission load outs is a big deal, it makes for less down time and that means it can be out doing what it needs to be doing.

Nobody said it wasn't a big deal. It is, however, entirely irrelevant once you are actually in the fight on the battlefield, shooting things and getting shot at.

Incidentally, that also makes it 100% immaterial in MWO.

#93 jss78

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 2,575 posts
  • LocationHelsinki

Posted 04 August 2016 - 01:41 PM

View PostMoonlight Grimoire, on 04 August 2016 - 12:50 PM, said:

We have mechs now that had missile hard points in the legs, they just got shifted into their respective ST's. And I would like the Crusader as well, like it on the tabletop as well. It is also one of the most common mechs in the inner sphere. Plus being "DOA" doesn't mean anything in MWO, plenty of mechs have been called that and got released anyways.

Yup, I don't think the "DOA" crowd, though vocal on the forums, has the numbers to make much of a dent on 'mech sales. 90+% I wager buy based on cool looks, nostalgia, or both.

Crusader, assuming it inherits the basic geometry of the Phoenix Hawk, should have excellent hitboxes and be very XL friendly. But then just like the PXH, I think it'll really suffer of having almost all guns in those massive arms. It'd really be helped if they give it some hardpoint inflation, and specifically with those missile hardpoints moved from legs to side torsi.

#94 dervishx5

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Workhorse
  • The Workhorse
  • 3,473 posts

Posted 04 August 2016 - 01:43 PM

Let them dream. Reality is a cruel mistress.

#95 Quicksilver Aberration

• The Nightmare
  • The Nightmare
  • 11,756 posts

Posted 04 August 2016 - 01:46 PM

View Postdervishx5, on 04 August 2016 - 01:43 PM, said:

Let them dream. Reality is a cruel mistress.

Just like how I dream about the IS Galahad even though it would be a horrible mech in this game.

#96 CanadianCyrus

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bludgeon
  • The Bludgeon
  • 279 posts

Posted 04 August 2016 - 01:46 PM

TAKE MY GOD DAMNED MONEY RIGHT NOW!

#97 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 04 August 2016 - 01:47 PM

View PostCathy, on 04 August 2016 - 01:12 PM, said:

Only it should have stub wings.

Are we sure this is going to be a clan one as well, as people have been wanting mixed tech for ages, and this is after all an I.S mech, some variants using clan tech and others, not..

Uh.... It's the IIC, not the C model. It's not in any way mixed tech. Also it's the 100 ton IS Marauder that has stub wings

#98 Moonlight Grimoire

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Moon
  • The Moon
  • 941 posts
  • LocationPortland, Oregon

Posted 04 August 2016 - 01:47 PM

View Postjss78, on 04 August 2016 - 01:41 PM, said:

Yup, I don't think the "DOA" crowd, though vocal on the forums, has the numbers to make much of a dent on 'mech sales. 90+% I wager buy based on cool looks, nostalgia, or both.

Crusader, assuming it inherits the basic geometry of the Phoenix Hawk, should have excellent hitboxes and be very XL friendly. But then just like the PXH, I think it'll really suffer of having almost all guns in those massive arms. It'd really be helped if they give it some hardpoint inflation, and specifically with those missile hardpoints moved from legs to side torsi.

Agreed, and the Phoenix Hawk is currently one of my favorite mechs in MWO, up there with the Crab and Marauder. But, yes, the Crusader could do with some love of plenty of bonus Structure to the arms as well as 2 missiles in one ST and 1 in the other like the Archer at very least. Given it is also much heavier than the Phoenix Hawk it would be more viable to run a standard on it. As it is, if we did get it, I would expect to lose those arms all the time.

#99 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 04 August 2016 - 01:50 PM

View PostCoralld, on 04 August 2016 - 01:20 PM, said:

Exactly. The strength of the Omni was that you could change out weapon systems and the like cheaply, quickly, and do it all in the field. They were never more customizable than Battlemechs. It took a long time and a lot of money to customize a Battlemech but Omnis were never ever more customizable.

And, that design feature actually did, in practicality, make them more customizable, as the cost of any major moors on a battlemech was so prohibitive as till keep 99% stock.

Edited by Bishop Steiner, 04 August 2016 - 01:51 PM.

#100 C E Dwyer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,274 posts
  • LocationHiding in the periphery, from Bounty Hunters

Posted 04 August 2016 - 01:51 PM

View Postdervishx5, on 04 August 2016 - 01:16 PM, said:

Don't confuse the Marauder II (C) with the Marauder IIC. One is a 100 ton IS assault mech, the other is an 85 ton clan mech.

Ah yes my bad.

HaS Twitter why a clan and not IS rage started yet ?

Edited by Cathy, 04 August 2016 - 01:52 PM.

17 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 17 guests, 0 anonymous users