#21 GRiPSViGiL

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 1,904 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationHillsboro, OR

Posted 06 August 2016 - 12:04 PM

This feeling should have hit you at the very least two years ago.

#22 ScarecrowES

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 2,812 posts
  • LocationDefending the Cordon, Arc-Royal

Posted 06 August 2016 - 12:05 PM

View PostBaulven, on 06 August 2016 - 11:58 AM, said:

If that was the case I wouldn't be surprised if the revenue dries up almost completely. No one likes to hear that assets were flipped like that.

Weirdly, having this be the case with PGI and any upcoming game it could want to put out would be greatly at odds with any other media creation system.

Big summer blockbusters pay for smaller winter films. Major novels pay for niche books. And AAA-games pave the way for riskier titles.

Only in the case of PGI and MWO would players find the financial success of one game leading to the creation of another to be distasteful. Very odd. Then again, if PGI doesn't spend enough time coddling the player base in a given week, those players immediately signal the end of the game.

In the case of MWO and PGI, the sky is ALWAYS falling.

#23 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 06 August 2016 - 12:15 PM

View PostScarecrowES, on 06 August 2016 - 12:05 PM, said:

Only in the case of PGI and MWO would players find the financial success of one game leading to the creation of another to be distasteful. Very odd. Then again, if PGI doesn't spend enough time coddling the player base in a given week, those players immediately signal the end of the game.

In the case of MWO and PGI, the sky is ALWAYS falling.

or maybe Players would simply like to see some actual attention paid to the game they are paying into? And the lip service given amount to more than mere shadows of minimally viable versions of things promised 4+ years ago?

But hey, keep them rose colored glasses nice and shiny.

#24 JaxRiot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 666 posts

Posted 06 August 2016 - 12:22 PM

As I said in another similar thread...

They just turned their attention back to CW

So, Get Ready!

Wasted development time and resources on unpopular dying game mode, round 4.. Go!

#25 GRiPSViGiL

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 1,904 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationHillsboro, OR

Posted 06 August 2016 - 12:23 PM

View PostAlistair Winter, on 06 August 2016 - 10:04 AM, said:

The fact that the roadmap is coming a week into August is kind of funny. At that point, why not just call it... patch notes?

But the real issue is the fact that we have no idea where the game is going right now.

In 2013, PGI was working for the big launch. Everything was about getting the launch ready. Then finally, they removed 'Beta' from the website and the game was launched.
Then everything was about Community Warfare phase 1. This was part of the package that PGI sold the founders, and it was the main project for a while.
Then, in 2014 (I think?) everything was about UI 2.0. Public testing, lots of feedback from the players, gradual improvements over time.
Then everything was about CW Phase 3, the big missing piece that would basically make CW a complete product. Career paths, scout mode, many big changes.
Then...

Crickets.

We have no idea what the next big thing is. Information warfare and heat scale is being talked about. Assault 2.0 will be here in September. PVE and new skill trees... at some point. But what is the current priority? What is the big upcoming release that everyone can look forward to? Zero information. PVE and Solaris could be here for christmas, or it could be here 5 years from now. Nobody knows.

Wanna buy a mech pack?

All those big highly anticipated things fell right on their face. The irony is real.

#26 Mystere

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 22,783 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 06 August 2016 - 12:28 PM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 06 August 2016 - 12:15 PM, said:

But hey, keep them rose colored glasses nice and shiny.

I think you meant shield and armor. Posted Image

#27 Lyoto Machida

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 5,080 posts

Posted 06 August 2016 - 12:29 PM

View PostAnTi90d, on 06 August 2016 - 04:25 AM, said:

I really feel like PGI/MWO has, "Jumped the Shark."

Posted Image

https://en.wikipedia...mping_the_shark

(Explanation of the term.)
Spoiler

Whether it was when they released the minimap despite Russ knowing people wouldn't like it..
..or when they inserted the Long Tom roughly into our FP bums..
..or when they refused to remove said Tom, despite 2/3 of the players despising it..
..or now, when they release a mech that is iconic for weapons that are out of our timeline without also releasing those weapons..

I really feel like this game has gone downhill in the past few months.

I used to hang out with my friends on my faction's Teamspeak, every night.. Now, all I see are two to three AFK people and, every half hour, someone connects and then immediately disconnects.. My friend's list is 98% offline.. Faction chat is dead.. I haven't seen my faction field a FP group in weeks.. or even a QP lance.

I love Battletech and, despite the game's issues, I still have fun when I play.. but the game feels much more empty than it did a few months ago. I'm sad about the current state of MWO.

I really hope PGI can turn this around and rally our spirits.. but, they're going to have to take action very soon.

Yeah...it's crazy how dead my friends list is.

But, I guess that's just you and me and the game is booming everywhere else.

#28 Mystere

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 22,783 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 06 August 2016 - 12:30 PM

View PostJaxRiot, on 06 August 2016 - 12:22 PM, said:

As I said in another similar thread...

They just turned their attention back to CW

So, Get Ready!

Wasted development time and resources on unpopular dying game mode, round 4.. Go!

Heaven forbid PGI actually works on stuff they sold the Founders. Posted Image

Of course the eSports crowd are a different animal entirely. Posted Image Posted Image

Edited by Mystere, 06 August 2016 - 12:31 PM.

#29 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 06 August 2016 - 12:35 PM

View PostLyoto Machida, on 06 August 2016 - 12:29 PM, said:

Yeah...it's crazy how dead my friends list is.

But, I guess that's just you and me and the game is booming everywhere else.

and in totally unrelated news.......

The Devs are interacting all over the forums over at HBS, all their podcasts and videos are full of excitement and enthusiasm, and their recently released "Super-Pre-Alpha" Demo is more polished than this "Fully Armed and Operational Battlestation".

Huh. Glad I got rid of that white armor. It was a real pain to keep clean... especially when the devs just kept crapping all over it themselves......

View PostMystere, on 06 August 2016 - 12:30 PM, said:

Of course the eSports crowd are a different animal entirely. Posted Image Posted Image

At this point... how many Founders do you think are left who actually care or have faith that there will ever be a viable and or interesting CW?

TBH, at this point, this Founder would rather PGI just focus on Esports and at least see if they can make that into a minimally viable product.... which is more than Faction Team Deathmatch (Now with Respawns!!!) will ever be.

#30 Mystere

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 22,783 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 06 August 2016 - 12:36 PM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 06 August 2016 - 12:35 PM, said:

and in totally unrelated news.......

The Devs are interacting all over the forums over at HBS, all their podcasts and videos are full of excitement and enthusiasm, and their recently released "Super-Pre-Alpha" Demo is more polished than this "Fully Armed and Operational Battlestation".

Give it time. They're not yet at beta and still far away from release. Posted Image

Edited by Mystere, 06 August 2016 - 12:36 PM.

#31 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 06 August 2016 - 12:39 PM

View PostMystere, on 06 August 2016 - 12:36 PM, said:

Give it time. They're not yet at beta and still far away from release. Posted Image

K. well while I wait, I'm going to go rewatch a certain SuperPreAlpha video and giggle like a schoolgirl in anticipation.....

#32 Lyoto Machida

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 5,080 posts

Posted 06 August 2016 - 12:40 PM

Of course the eSports crowd are a different animal entirely.

Founders aren't the target demographic anymore...

Posted Image

#33 BLOOD WOLF

• The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 6,368 posts
  • Locationnowhere

Posted 06 August 2016 - 12:41 PM

Even I have to admit that things may be looking.................er ummmm.......... The only thing i can hold them to at the moment is that roundtable. At this point they better be working to make CW a bang

However lets call it like it is. Those players who were asked to be on the Roundtable gave a really poor show. Yet nobody mentions that. They were just tossing Ideas to the wind with no real structure

I will say I hold them to the end of the year to develop something worth playing in the long run. I really dont care if they spent 80 percent of their resources working on CW. It needs to be done

Edited by BLOOD WOLF, 06 August 2016 - 12:43 PM.

#34 JaxRiot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 666 posts

Posted 06 August 2016 - 12:42 PM

A year ago I might have agreed with you.

But after two years and three completely failed attempts later, I kind of think they should just stick to mech packs and maps.

They would probably be better off just closing this game and just stick to designing art aspects for HBS

The Founders, the Promises, and the Dream have long since faded into memory

Edited by JaxRiot, 06 August 2016 - 12:43 PM.

#35 Mystere

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 22,783 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 06 August 2016 - 12:43 PM

View PostLyoto Machida, on 06 August 2016 - 12:40 PM, said:

Founders aren't the target demographic anymore...

Posted Image

Ah, but I have a torpedo for that. Posted Image

#36 BLOOD WOLF

• The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 6,368 posts
  • Locationnowhere

Posted 06 August 2016 - 12:45 PM

View PostJaxRiot, on 06 August 2016 - 12:42 PM, said:

A year ago I might have agreed with you.

But after two years and three completely failed attempts later, I kind of think they should just stick to mech packs and maps.

They would probably be better off just closing this game and just stick to designing art aspects for HBS

The Founders, the Promises, and the Dream have long since faded into memory

To be fair Jordan weisman has given Compliments to PGI just this year. Nobody is sticking it to him about that. So be careful throwing HBS in the works. Not to mention they are gonna cut alot of time using some of the models from MWO

So its a bit smoother ride in some aspects.

#37 JaxRiot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 666 posts

Posted 06 August 2016 - 12:50 PM

View PostBLOOD WOLF, on 06 August 2016 - 12:45 PM, said:

To be fair Jordan weisman has given Compliments to PGI just this year. Nobody is sticking it to him about that. So be careful throwing HBS in the works. Not to mention they are gonna cut alot of time using some of the models from MWO

So its a bit smoother ride in some aspects.

Im not sure you read what I typed correctly, and you are kind of making my point.

I wast uing the 'Stick to' , as in 'Im gunna Stick it to em goood'.

'Stick to' as in- keep doing that.

PGI seems pretty good at designing art aspects, and HBS is using them well in their game, so may PGI should Stick to (Keep doing only that) just doing art aspects for HBS.

Kind of like an employee

Edited by JaxRiot, 06 August 2016 - 12:51 PM.

#38 xVLFBERHxT

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wrath
  • The Wrath
  • 698 posts

Posted 06 August 2016 - 12:55 PM

View PostMonkey Lover, on 06 August 2016 - 10:25 AM, said:

Maybe they're working on another game ;)

Sure. Its name is HBS Battletech. PGI will get there part from your HBS Battletech money. If you buy your clan expansion, you will pay pgi too. Nothing is for free, not even the mechmodels for hbs battletech. Maybe pgi is a partner/ founder of hbs battletech? Who knows...

And lots of white knights lost there armor after having the second battletech game in there backs.

I am happy with both games.

#39 BLOOD WOLF

• The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 6,368 posts
  • Locationnowhere

Posted 06 August 2016 - 01:03 PM

View PostJaxRiot, on 06 August 2016 - 12:50 PM, said:

Im not sure you read what I typed correctly, and you are kind of making my point.

I wast uing the 'Stick to' , as in 'Im gunna Stick it to em goood'.

'Stick to' as in- keep doing that.

PGI seems pretty good at designing art aspects, and HBS is using them well in their game, so may PGI should Stick to (Keep doing only that) just doing art aspects for HBS.

Kind of like an employee

you asserted that they should just close the game. so you said a bit more than just "stick to"

I think you forgot what you posted before you replied to me

The game is not beyond repair at this point.

Edited by BLOOD WOLF, 06 August 2016 - 01:04 PM.

#40 cazidin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 4,259 posts

Posted 06 August 2016 - 01:14 PM

Maybe PGI just needs a dedicated writer for their patch notes, roadmaps, etc? How do I apply? Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users