Mostly Sci-Fi. Posted Image

#62 carl kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 395 posts
  • LocationMoon Base Alpha

Posted 06 August 2016 - 05:23 PM

As long as balance is borked beyond reason and TTK is in the hyper realm of COD land I will be enjoying other games at the moment. That says a lot when your favorite IP is Battletech and Mechwarrior. I want so badly for MWO to have that Mechwarrior feel buit it aint there for me. PGI needs to fire and then hire some new talent that will get this game back on its feet. If they only had stuck to there original Pillars....oh well. If this game was still in early closed beta I would be still playing it. Yep !!

#63 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 06 August 2016 - 05:33 PM

View PostBLOOD WOLF, on 06 August 2016 - 04:22 PM, said:

We can have rational discussions that actually have some meaning that can contribute greatly to some end. I am not hardly against the things you have brought up. As a matter of fact they should have much been working on CW before introducing things like domination.

However I will not stand for nonsense such as what the topic post was going on about, especially when it contained an obvious fallacy of inflation. It does not help anyone or anything to begin talking about aspects that make no sense. PGI is for the record on my books has till December this year to make something out of CW, or else not even i will take to their defense on anything.

Also It also doesnt help expecially in light to have players campagning in all differnt directions of how the game should go. Remember you can put the the blame squarely on PGI's shoulders but expecially evident of everything they put in so far has been influence by certain players ideas and yet they dont get the blame or we forget who origionally pitched the idea and they walk away scott free while Pgi takes it all. I say be fair and call out bad ideas from everyone who makes them. And when those ideas hit the game those players who advocated those features better recieve heavy critisim.

because if you believe PGI is haphazardly putting in items in the game from nowhere but their heads, you are the one with blinders my friend. Bishop i have great respect for you but their is more to it than what your giving me to go on.

How the vocal players campaign is irrelevant. Players campaign on ALL games. The good ones, the ones that succeed? Make a decision, sometimes one that is unpopular at first even, and stick with it. That is not on the Players, but on PGI for vacillating for 4 damn years.

Pick a direction, and stick to it. I don't care if it's to go full Esports,even, something I am on record as not being remotely interested in. At least then they will have a plan, a direction and be able to devote their limited resources in a meaningful matter, instead of this yo-yoing all over the damn place they have done since Open Beta. At least then they will be giving some part of their playerbase their undivided attention instead of essentially ignoring ALL of it.

#64 Mcgral18

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • 17,987 posts
  • LocationSnow

Posted 06 August 2016 - 05:44 PM

View PostAntares102, on 06 August 2016 - 10:23 AM, said:

WBMP? = Wanna Buy a Mech Pack?

View PostBLOOD WOLF, on 06 August 2016 - 04:22 PM, said:

We can have rational discussions that actually have some meaning that can contribute greatly to some end. I am not hardly against the things you have brought up. As a matter of fact they should have much been working on CW before introducing things like domination.

We've done that, for no joke...years

What has come of that? Fall damage bug fixed, which is nice
Not even a band-aid

Command wheel? I still haven't issued one command, because I had override mapped to E, and overridding is more important than communication

Few things I've cared about have been touched in 2 years. That's half of this game's life so far, where potentially important issues have been outright ignored.

View Postcarl kerensky, on 06 August 2016 - 05:23 PM, said:

As long as balance is borked beyond reason and TTK is in the hyper realm of COD land I will be enjoying other games at the moment.

I've been playing some Siege lately...

Holy balls, this game is not COD like.
You can make a mistake, multiple mistakes per match, and be alive.

I've had the 2 MM of my head be exposed beside my shield and have RNGeesus blow my face off. Goddamn, that game is both annoying and addictive...1 shot kills to the head, no matter where it hits (even the earphones on your armoured helmet...kinda goes against the purpose of a helmet)

MWO does not have TTK THAT low, in many cases. Even Lights can take a hit or two (unless you're playing the Meta Gods, so to speak, who can actually aim)

#65 Kali Rinpoche

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 639 posts
  • LocationCrossing, Draconis March

Posted 06 August 2016 - 05:59 PM

Frankly its time for the F2P game model to go the way of the Dodo bird. All I read is mech pack, cash grab, etc etc etc...
Seriously, grow up. All games are a business. You have to be able to pay staff if you want all your whining to lead to a direction. Also realize that its summer and that staff want to take vacations to spend time with family and friends. Its hard to crank out software from July-September b/c of it. If you run a software business like I do, you realize that the 3rd quarter is often the least productive.

Just play the game. If you're sick of it or its direction don't. Go do something else. I actually had fun with CW before the advent of the Long Tom. IMO that ruined Faction play for most average mech warriors. Sure I would love to have greater immersion and content in the game, but I realized from the start that MWO was primarily a FPS.

Edited by Kali Rinpoche, 06 August 2016 - 06:01 PM.

#66 JC Daxion

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 5,230 posts

Posted 06 August 2016 - 06:17 PM

I don't really understand the issue here.. i forget when it was exactly, but in the townhall before the resize hit, he laid out what was happening in the next 3 months.. So that included this month as well, I forget everything off hand, but i'm sure someone has a link to the TH notes if you really wanna know..

as for monthly patches.. We are getting far more polish than we ever did in the bi-monthly so not sure how that is even a concern at this point.. Have you noticed all the long time issues being addressed? I would say that is directly related to the extra few Days extra coding time verse having to make two builds, and test two builds a month..

#67 Baulven

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 984 posts

Posted 06 August 2016 - 06:17 PM

View PostKali Rinpoche, on 06 August 2016 - 05:59 PM, said:

Frankly its time for the F2P game model to go the way of the Dodo bird. All I read is mech pack, cash grab, etc etc etc...
Seriously, grow up. All games are a business. You have to be able to pay staff if you want all your whining to lead to a direction. Also realize that its summer and that staff want to take vacations to spend time with family and friends. Its hard to crank out software from July-September b/c of it. If you run a software business like I do, you realize that the 3rd quarter is often the least productive.

Just play the game. If you're sick of it or its direction don't. Go do something else. I actually had fun with CW before the advent of the Long Tom. IMO that ruined Faction play for most average mech warriors. Sure I would love to have greater immersion and content in the game, but I realized from the start that MWO was primarily a FPS.

F2P games make more than subscription based models, especially if the number of players is small. That would impact their bottom line significantly unless it was $30 a month, and I don't think many people would say this game is worth $30 a month.

#68 BLOOD WOLF

• The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 6,368 posts
  • Locationnowhere

Posted 06 August 2016 - 06:24 PM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 06 August 2016 - 05:33 PM, said:

How the vocal players campaign is irrelevant. Players campaign on ALL games. The good ones, the ones that succeed? Make a decision, sometimes one that is unpopular at first even, and stick with it. That is not on the Players, but on PGI for vacillating for 4 damn years.

Pick a direction, and stick to it. I don't care if it's to go full Esports,even, something I am on record as not being remotely interested in. At least then they will have a plan, a direction and be able to devote their limited resources in a meaningful matter, instead of this yo-yoing all over the damn place they have done since Open Beta. At least then they will be giving some part of their playerbase their undivided attention instead of essentially ignoring ALL of it.

okay now we are on opposite sides of the spectrum. Number one the idea that they need to stick to one aspect is complete nonsense. I believe that they can host competitions as well as any other game as is their right, first they need a solid foundation. As far as development goes, although the FW aspect needs to be greatly overhauled the core game is enough that it is interesting. That's why i can play a few good matches in a day. As far as game play its pretty solid although the balancing is never gonna be at rest especially if they put new stuff in.

Also this idea of them ignoring players is also utter garbage and I would agree with you if this was 2 years ago. The supply crates was pretty much recieved by the players. As was decals, as was monthly mechs, as was a number of things that were egged by players. The thing is alot of the current things in the game for the last year are things that russ has discussed in townhalls since january, so your now just making up stuff

View PostMcgral18, on 06 August 2016 - 05:44 PM, said:

We've done that, for no joke...years

What has come of that? Fall damage bug fixed, which is nice
Not even a band-aid

Command wheel? I still haven't issued one command, because I had override mapped to E, and overridding is more important than communication

Few things I've cared about have been touched in 2 years. That's half of this game's life so far, where potentially important issues have been outright ignored.

The fact that you use command wheel is irrelevant to its uses and functions, the point of it is to turn player retention towards the subject of the wheel. When its enemy spotted the function is supposed to turn your attention. How its used is up to the player and everyone might find different uses for it. The fact that you use it is irrelevant

Also funny how nobody is doing a good job with actually naming what the issues rather all i keep hearing are "issues", and i haven't the slightest clue what your talking about

#69 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 06 August 2016 - 06:28 PM

Supply crates well received??????

HAHAHAHAHA!

now that's funny

#70 BLOOD WOLF

• The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 6,368 posts
  • Locationnowhere

Posted 06 August 2016 - 06:31 PM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 06 August 2016 - 06:28 PM, said:

HAHAHAHAHA!

now that's funny

i meant the idea, not after the implementation. I meant that supply crates where a viable talking point, and i dont remember before they were here some big push back against them.

Edited by BLOOD WOLF, 06 August 2016 - 06:33 PM.

#71 cazidin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 4,259 posts

Posted 06 August 2016 - 06:32 PM

View PostBLOOD WOLF, on 06 August 2016 - 06:31 PM, said:

i meant the idea, not after the impletation

...He was right the first time. The idea was poorly received, so PGI clarified. We still didn't like or want it. PGI implemented it. We still don't like or want it.

#72 BLOOD WOLF

• The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 6,368 posts
  • Locationnowhere

Posted 06 August 2016 - 06:34 PM

View Postcazidin, on 06 August 2016 - 06:32 PM, said:

...He was right the first time. The idea was poorly received, so PGI clarified. We still didn't like or want it. PGI implemented it. We still don't like or want it.

no it wasnt, find me a thread where they were overwhelmingly criticized

there were yays and there were nays

Edited by BLOOD WOLF, 06 August 2016 - 06:35 PM.

#73 Mystere

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 22,783 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 06 August 2016 - 06:34 PM

HAHAHAHAHA!

now that's funny

Hell, the only time I've opened a crate is when I won enough MC or the keys themselves.

Edited by Mystere, 06 August 2016 - 06:34 PM.

#74 BLOOD WOLF

• The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 6,368 posts
  • Locationnowhere

Posted 06 August 2016 - 06:46 PM

View PostMystere, on 06 August 2016 - 06:34 PM, said:

Hell, the only time I've opened a crate is when I won enough MC or the keys themselves.

the point is you can find threads of players coming together to see what they got so far. there are threads criticizing the idea. ones that give a positive spin. So bishop clearly did not do his research. not hard to go through the forums.

HAHAHAHAHA!

now that's funny

Im the one laughing dude, all i had to do was go search supply crates and read the various threads on it. You gonna tell the players who like it that they should be blamed for wanted a wasted development item?

Looking Ahead to August

this was in the last command chair log, so clearly the person who made this thread like bishop also did not do his research and jumped to a conclsion not based on evidence.

#75 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 06 August 2016 - 06:47 PM

That's got to be some of the most selective reasoning ever.

Stockholm, indeed. Smh

#76 RestosIII

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 7,322 posts
  • LocationDelios

Posted 06 August 2016 - 06:49 PM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 06 August 2016 - 06:47 PM, said:

Stockholm, indeed. Smh

He's using PGI logic.

Majority of the player base: "Machine guns and LBX are really bad!"
5 people: "We think MGs and LBX are good because with this specific mech I'm not a detriment to my team!"
PGI: "See? They're balanced. Now shut up and buy a mech pack."

#77 BLOOD WOLF

• The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 6,368 posts
  • Locationnowhere

Posted 06 August 2016 - 06:50 PM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 06 August 2016 - 06:47 PM, said:

Stockholm, indeed. Smh

How???? what part was selective. you not gonna wiggle out of this

View PostRestosIII, on 06 August 2016 - 06:49 PM, said:

He's using PGI logic.

5 people: "We think MGs and LBX are good because with this specific mech I'm not a detriment to my team!"

and the circle continues. if you actually read my post be fair and ridicule thos 5 guys as much as you do PGI. And while your at it dont make stuff up

#78 Mcgral18

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,987 posts
  • LocationSnow

Posted 06 August 2016 - 06:51 PM

View PostBLOOD WOLF, on 06 August 2016 - 06:24 PM, said:

The fact that you use command wheel is irrelevant to its uses and functions, the point of it is to turn player retention towards the subject of the wheel. When its enemy spotted the function is supposed to turn your attention. How its used is up to the player and everyone might find different uses for it. The fact that you use it is irrelevant

Also funny how nobody is doing a good job with actually naming what the issues rather all i keep hearing are "issues", and i haven't the slightest clue what your talking about

Doritos do the spotting. Can you spot a robot without a Dorito? I understood that was part of the requirement

Issues:
  • Bad CW
  • Every gamemode is Deathmatch
  • Repeated nerfs to the worst robots in the game
  • HoverJets™
  • GH Mk2
  • Weapon Balance (MG's Trifecta of Suck from 2 years ago, LBx life being mediocre)
  • "Volumetric Scale" being largely arbitrary (weapon geo being the largest factor)
There's a short list for you

#79 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 06 August 2016 - 06:51 PM

View PostRestosIII, on 06 August 2016 - 06:49 PM, said:

He's using PGI logic.

Sounds about right. Once people start drinking the koolaid..... Time to tune them out.... Or I'll end up saying something I get banned over.

#80 BLOOD WOLF

• The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 6,368 posts
  • Locationnowhere

Posted 06 August 2016 - 06:56 PM

your talking about appeal to majority fallacy, which i dint commit to. I said and can prove that every thread made about the crates was pretty much a mix. Now if your player base is split and you have team A telling you something and Team B telling you something what do you do? Its a lose lose for them anyhow

keep in mind we are way off topic.

Edited by BLOOD WOLF, 06 August 2016 - 06:57 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users