401 replies to this topic

#41 BLOOD WOLF

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 6,368 posts
  • Locationnowhere

Posted 06 August 2016 - 01:16 PM

Well I might as well respond to the topic. I am a bit surprised to be honest. To sugest that since they did not post a roadmap that there is a lack of direction. I dont know how you made that leap to begin with apoggee but you should be concerned if they dont actually patch this month rather than putting up a roadmap.

the main point is this post was premature and should be remade at the end of the month after you gather more evidence

Becuase were are right back in theory land, along with speculations, and doomsday theories of pgi crashing and all the nonsense people post when threads like this open.

Rather than actually discussions of what was actually done leading up the past few months. well given the useless questions and suggestions at the last round table i might be a bit concerned.

Edited by BLOOD WOLF, 06 August 2016 - 01:19 PM.

#42 C E Dwyer

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,274 posts
  • LocationHiding in the periphery, from Bounty Hunters

Posted 06 August 2016 - 01:20 PM

August road map will be in 90 days

#43 XxXAbsolutZeroXxX

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Stryker
  • The Stryker
  • 2,056 posts

Posted 06 August 2016 - 01:21 PM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 06 August 2016 - 12:35 PM, said:

and in totally unrelated news.......

The Devs are interacting all over the forums over at HBS, all their podcasts and videos are full of excitement and enthusiasm, and their recently released "Super-Pre-Alpha" Demo is more polished than this "Fully Armed and Operational Battlestation".

I watched some of their promo cllips.

Reminded me of Final Fantasy Tactics.

#44 RestosIII

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 7,322 posts
  • LocationDelios

Posted 06 August 2016 - 01:24 PM

View PostI Zeratul I, on 06 August 2016 - 01:21 PM, said:

I can't tell if you view that as a good or a bad thing.

Because it's obviously a very, very good thing.

#45 JaxRiot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 666 posts

Posted 06 August 2016 - 01:24 PM

View PostCathy, on 06 August 2016 - 01:20 PM, said:

August road map will be in 90 days

Just in time for the September Road Map

#46 C E Dwyer

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,274 posts
  • LocationHiding in the periphery, from Bounty Hunters

Posted 06 August 2016 - 01:25 PM

View PostI Zeratul I, on 06 August 2016 - 01:21 PM, said:

Having never played F.F.T or even heard of that iteration of FF I'm unsure if that's a positive or a negative, in your point of view

#47 BLOOD WOLF

• The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 6,368 posts
  • Locationnowhere

Posted 06 August 2016 - 01:32 PM

View PostAppogee, on 06 August 2016 - 04:08 AM, said:

6 August and still no Road Map for the next month.

I was concerned when patches went from twice-monthly to monthly. Then Monthly Road Maps turned into Three-Monthly Road Maps.

But now we can't even get a Three-Monthly Road Map before the actual three months starts...? The apathy is palpable.

I think it's important to give players - customers, and potential customer - something to look forward to, and to keep them engaged.

YAMP* alone isn't cutting it any more.

* YAMP = "Yet Another Mech Pack".

I think i need to drive the point across becuase some people are missing it

Either this is a pointless troll thread or the op doesnt understand that could not make a logical leap such as the assertion that becuase their is a lack of a roadmap that they are lacking a road.

we had a townhall and a (usless) roundtable. all jokes aside that doesnt seem to be a lack of a road.

So if anyone doesn't know, its what you call a leap in logic to assert or the fallacy of conflation

If you just want a thread to talk and rant or any other aimless banter, there is an off-topic part of the forums where the nature of this thread is better served.

#48 GRiPSViGiL

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 1,904 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationHillsboro, OR

Posted 06 August 2016 - 01:41 PM

View PostBLOOD WOLF, on 06 August 2016 - 01:32 PM, said:

Either this is a pointless troll thread or the op doesnt understand that could not make a logical leap such as the assertion that becuase their is a lack of a roadmap that they are lacking a road.

we had a townhall and a (usless) roundtable. all jokes aside that doesnt seem to be a lack of a road.

So if anyone doesn't know, its what you call a leap in logic to assert or the fallacy of conflation

If you just want a thread to talk and rant or any other aimless banter, there is an off-topic part of the forums where the nature of this thread is better served.

PGI couldn't stay on the road if it was 10 lanes wide. Getting all nit-picky on the OP doesn't change the fact that we all know PGI sucks and can't deliver in the first place.

#49 Pjwned

• Little Helper
  • 4,731 posts
  • LocationDancing on the grave of Energy Draw LOL

Posted 06 August 2016 - 01:44 PM

I would say that this would be a good time for PGI to finally sit down and do some aggressive re-balancing & tweaking in the dozens of areas that need it, especially after the major mech rescaling, but it's probably just going to be another season of nothing except mech packs.

Maybe with upcoming features like "info warfare" and ghost heat 2.0 we'll see a turning point, and hell maybe even faction warfare tweaks will actually matter, but I'm expecting a dearth of anything worthwhile because PGI has a terrible track record.

#50 Damocles

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 1,527 posts
  • LocationOakland, CA

Posted 06 August 2016 - 01:48 PM

View PostBLOOD WOLF, on 06 August 2016 - 01:32 PM, said:

You have stockholm syndrome?
Posted Image

#51 MechaBattler

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 5,119 posts

Posted 06 August 2016 - 02:08 PM

I think they're spinning their wheels at the moment. Clearly unsure of what measures need to be taken to not only keep CW alive, but make it a good part of the game. They've tried to "relaunch" the game twice. And while the Steam launch brought some new faces. The improvements they'd made had little effect on retention.

Perhaps they're holding off on new weapons until power draw gets tested and possibly implemented. They clearly need another big thing to push for, like Steam launch was. But shy of pve content release or switching to another engine, I'm not sure what other "big" thing they can push to. Personally I think they should just do away with the CW map as it is now. Rework it into something that consolidates the population, while still rewarding Loyalist units and mercs alike. More game modes wouldn't hurt if done right.

#52 cazidin

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 4,259 posts

Posted 06 August 2016 - 02:13 PM

View PostMechaBattler, on 06 August 2016 - 02:08 PM, said:

I think they're spinning their wheels at the moment. Clearly unsure of what measures need to be taken to not only keep CW alive, but make it a good part of the game. They've tried to "relaunch" the game twice. And while the Steam launch brought some new faces. The improvements they'd made had little effect on retention.

Perhaps they're holding off on new weapons until power draw gets tested and possibly implemented. They clearly need another big thing to push for, like Steam launch was. But shy of pve content release or switching to another engine, I'm not sure what other "big" thing they can push to. Personally I think they should just do away with the CW map as it is now. Rework it into something that consolidates the population, while still rewarding Loyalist units and mercs alike. More game modes wouldn't hurt if done right.

Personally, I think PGI just needs a writer to create their roadmaps, patch notes and be a general cool guy. I wonder where one might apply for such a positon. Posted Image

#53 Mystere

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 22,783 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 06 August 2016 - 02:47 PM

View Postcazidin, on 06 August 2016 - 02:13 PM, said:

Personally, I think PGI just needs a writer to create their roadmaps, patch notes and be a general cool guy. I wonder where one might apply for such a positon. Posted Image

A writer of fiction? Posted Image Posted Image

#54 XxXAbsolutZeroXxX

• The Stryker
  • The Stryker
  • 2,056 posts

Posted 06 August 2016 - 02:52 PM

View PostCathy, on 06 August 2016 - 01:25 PM, said:

Having never played F.F.T or even heard of that iteration of FF I'm unsure if that's a positive or a negative, in your point of view

This should give you a decent idea of how the battle system works.

Its Turn based. Grid based with attacks and movement being based on a number of squares. Hit or miss is dice based. Individual unit gameplay is customizable based on role(job system) and tech tree. It does have similarities to BT in that sense. :T

One of the best (and possibly most underrated) final fantasy games ever.

Edited by I Zeratul I, 06 August 2016 - 02:54 PM.

#55 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 06 August 2016 - 02:56 PM

View PostBLOOD WOLF, on 06 August 2016 - 12:41 PM, said:

Even I have to admit that things may be looking.................er ummmm.......... The only thing i can hold them to at the moment is that roundtable. At this point they better be working to make CW a bang

However lets call it like it is. Those players who were asked to be on the Roundtable gave a really poor show. Yet nobody mentions that. They were just tossing Ideas to the wind with no real structure

I will say I hold them to the end of the year to develop something worth playing in the long run. I really dont care if they spent 80 percent of their resources working on CW. It needs to be done

While I agree... it's not really incumbent on the players ot have the plan to save the company. The fact that the head of the company gave just as poor a showing?

(And honestly, considering some of who were tapped to "represent".... was anyone really surprised?)

#56 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 06 August 2016 - 03:05 PM

View PostBLOOD WOLF, on 06 August 2016 - 12:45 PM, said:

To be fair Jordan weisman has given Compliments to PGI just this year. Nobody is sticking it to him about that. So be careful throwing HBS in the works. Not to mention they are gonna cut alot of time using some of the models from MWO

So its a bit smoother ride in some aspects.

Sure. Great. Jordan will say nice things because he is a business head that knows how to present himself to the public. For instance he doesn't tell his playerbase that they are idiots.

But what have we actually SEEN here, in MWO?
Phase 3 was a horrible failure.... kinda like Phase 1 and 2. World Championships? *Queue Laughtrack*

Domination Mode? Oh..:TDM while standing in a Circle.

All we have seen is some revised maps (about 50% which play worse than the original versions) and Mech Packs.

Take off the blinders, brother.

View PostCathy, on 06 August 2016 - 01:25 PM, said:

well, it's a 10 year old game that garnered pretty good reviews back in the day. But I never really found FF very interesting. I do see some visual correlation with the Dmg Pop-Ups, but that's honestly about the only FF thing I see.

View PostPjwned, on 06 August 2016 - 01:44 PM, said:

I would say that this would be a good time for PGI to finally sit down and do some aggressive re-balancing & tweaking in the dozens of areas that need it, especially after the major mech rescaling, but it's probably just going to be another season of nothing except mech packs.

Maybe with upcoming features like "info warfare" and ghost heat 2.0 we'll see a turning point, and hell maybe even faction warfare tweaks will actually matter, but I'm expecting a dearth of anything worthwhile because PGI has a terrible track record.

I so hope you are right. But after 4 years of "they'll right the ship next patch, just watch......"

I'm going to reserve any enthusiasm for when the ship actually stops leaking instead of getting excited when they tell us they know how to stop the leaks.

View Postcazidin, on 06 August 2016 - 02:13 PM, said:

He'd have to be pretty hard up to align his stars with an obviously sinking ship.

#57 Malleus011

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,854 posts

Posted 06 August 2016 - 03:37 PM

My impression of MWO at this point is a mediocre game entering maintenance mode as the developer manages the decline.

The things they needed most - goodwill, time, and money - are gone. At this point the reasons why don't matter anymore; they aren't getting any of those things back.

I don't see anything from the last year that would lead me to believe PGI will manage to pull the game out of the tailspin. I don't see the population base being large enough in 2017 to fund the new tech and 3060+ 'mechs some of you want. They won't have the development staff or the funds. I'd be glad to be wrong, but this is probably the only Marauder IICs you'll be getting - don't hold your breath for the Futuretech. That's a long wait for a train that probably isn't coming.

I watched the HBS Battletech videos alongside everybody else, and loved seeing the MWO assets in that game. Glad to see them in a real Battletech title. I have high hopes for that game, and it may deliver (and it may not). But what does PGI do on the very same day that the Internet was buzzing about a Battletech game using their 'mechs set in the 3025 era? A game that'll use every 'mech from the era that PGI can produce?

They release a Clantech 'mech. Way to not take advantage of the buzz. If only they'd released the Marauder II side-by-side with the IIC. Russ or Tina could've released their plan to do Urbanmech style 'kickstarters' every month of the remaining 3025 IS chassis (side by side with the 'regular' releases) to see if the old rides had enough support to make them viable - and to effectively pay PGI to make 'mechs for HBS's game. Harness the buzz and the good feelings generated by somebody else's hard work (granted with your cool art assets) to drive sales of your flagging game. Some kind of plan to let your community know what's going to happen over the next six months. A direction. Some vision.

Something.

Edited by Malleus011, 06 August 2016 - 03:38 PM.

#58 BLOOD WOLF

• The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 6,368 posts
  • Locationnowhere

Posted 06 August 2016 - 04:22 PM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 06 August 2016 - 03:05 PM, said:

Sure. Great. Jordan will say nice things because he is a business head that knows how to present himself to the public. For instance he doesn't tell his playerbase that they are idiots.

But what have we actually SEEN here, in MWO?
Phase 3 was a horrible failure.... kinda like Phase 1 and 2. World Championships? *Queue Laughtrack*

Domination Mode? Oh..:TDM while standing in a Circle.

All we have seen is some revised maps (about 50% which play worse than the original versions) and Mech Packs.

Take off the blinders, brother.

We can have rational discussions that actually have some meaning that can contribute greatly to some end. I am not hardly against the things you have brought up. As a matter of fact they should have much been working on CW before introducing things like domination.

However I will not stand for nonsense such as what the topic post was going on about, especially when it contained an obvious fallacy of inflation. It does not help anyone or anything to begin talking about aspects that make no sense. PGI is for the record on my books has till December this year to make something out of CW, or else not even i will take to their defense on anything.

Also It also doesnt help expecially in light to have players campagning in all differnt directions of how the game should go. Remember you can put the the blame squarely on PGI's shoulders but expecially evident of everything they put in so far has been influence by certain players ideas and yet they dont get the blame or we forget who origionally pitched the idea and they walk away scott free while Pgi takes it all. I say be fair and call out bad ideas from everyone who makes them. And when those ideas hit the game those players who advocated those features better recieve heavy critisim.

because if you believe PGI is haphazardly putting in items in the game from nowhere but their heads, you are the one with blinders my friend. Bishop i have great respect for you but their is more to it than what your giving me to go on.

#59 Summon3r

• 2,291 posts
  • Locationowning in sommet non meta

Posted 06 August 2016 - 04:25 PM

View PostAppogee, on 06 August 2016 - 04:08 AM, said:

6 August and still no Road Map for the next month.

I was concerned when patches went from twice-monthly to monthly. Then Monthly Road Maps turned into Three-Monthly Road Maps.

But now we can't even get a Three-Monthly Road Map before the actual three months starts...? The apathy is palpable.

I think it's important to give players - customers, and potential customer - something to look forward to, and to keep them engaged.

YAMP* alone isn't cutting it any more.

* YAMP = "Yet Another Mech Pack".

dont worry this is a professional outfit, minimally viable product.

#60 BLOOD WOLF

• The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 6,368 posts
  • Locationnowhere

Posted 06 August 2016 - 04:25 PM

View PostDamocles, on 06 August 2016 - 01:48 PM, said:

You have stockholm syndrome?
Posted Image

I dont get it. If this was an attempt to be clever i am still missing it. If this was in response to my post then you lost me.

PGI didn't capture my heart if thats what your getting at

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users