401 replies to this topic

#81 Johnny Z

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 9,942 posts
  • LocationDueling on Solaris

Posted 06 August 2016 - 06:58 PM

View PostBLOOD WOLF, on 06 August 2016 - 06:24 PM, said:

okay now we are on opposite sides of the spectrum. Number one the idea that they need to stick to one aspect is complete nonsense. I believe that they can host competitions as well as any other game as is their right, first they need a solid foundation. As far as development goes, although the FW aspect needs to be greatly overhauled the core game is enough that it is interesting. That's why i can play a few good matches in a day. As far as game play its pretty solid although the balancing is never gonna be at rest especially if they put new stuff in.

Also this idea of them ignoring players is also utter garbage and I would agree with you if this was 2 years ago. The supply crates was pretty much recieved by the players. As was decals, as was monthly mechs, as was a number of things that were egged by players. The thing is alot of the current things in the game for the last year are things that russ has discussed in townhalls since january, so your now just making up stuff

The fact that you use command wheel is irrelevant to its uses and functions, the point of it is to turn player retention towards the subject of the wheel. When its enemy spotted the function is supposed to turn your attention. How its used is up to the player and everyone might find different uses for it. The fact that you use it is irrelevant

Also funny how nobody is doing a good job with actually naming what the issues rather all i keep hearing are "issues", and i haven't the slightest clue what your talking about

This is 100% right. The trolls keep saying issues and giving no valid reason.

There ARE issues. Lack of content. Obscene weakness of gameplay for everything from title screen to the "PLAY NOW" button. Slowness in development in the past, although it has picked up 10x since the first year.

The problem is many of the trolls don't have real issues they just like to spam the forums saying EVERYTHING this game does, no matter what or in what way is bad.

Edited by Johnny Z, 06 August 2016 - 07:24 PM.

#82 BLOOD WOLF

• The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 6,368 posts
  • Locationnowhere

Posted 06 August 2016 - 07:01 PM

View PostMcgral18, on 06 August 2016 - 06:51 PM, said:

Doritos do the spotting. Can you spot a robot without a Dorito? I understood that was part of the requirement

Issues:
  • Bad CW
  • Every gamemode is Deathmatch
  • Repeated nerfs to the worst robots in the game
  • HoverJets™
  • GH Mk2
  • Weapon Balance (MG's Trifecta of Suck from 2 years ago, LBx life being mediocre)
  • "Volumetric Scale" being largely arbitrary (weapon geo being the largest factor)
There's a short list for you

I agree CW as it is is horribad

the second point is difficult becuase you deal with player interaction with the game. No telling what people will do regardless of the script they choose. But i agree with you there

I never cared about the nerfs so i can not comment

Hoverjets? well i dont think thats to much of a problem assuming i know what exactly you mean

I actually find MG's to be usefull, and LBX are awomse in my book which i use more than UACS

See we agree on most things

#83 Mcgral18

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • 17,987 posts
  • LocationSnow

Posted 06 August 2016 - 07:01 PM

View PostBLOOD WOLF, on 06 August 2016 - 06:56 PM, said:

your talking about appeal to majority fallacy, which i dint commit to. I said and can prove that every thread made about the crates was pretty much a mix. Now if your player base is split and you have team A telling you something and Team B telling you something what do you do? Its a lose lose for them anyhow

keep in mind we are way off topic.

Could you go and find a positive comment on Crates?

Not a Meh, but an outright positive one?

#84 BLOOD WOLF

• The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 6,368 posts
  • Locationnowhere

Posted 06 August 2016 - 07:03 PM

View PostMcgral18, on 06 August 2016 - 07:01 PM, said:

Could you go and find a positive comment on Crates?

Not a Meh, but an outright positive one?

I guess the burden is on me to prove that what i stated is correct. If i may ask, if i show you one will that change or at least give you a different perspective?

#85 FupDup

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts
  • LocationThe Keeper of Memes

Posted 06 August 2016 - 07:03 PM

View PostBLOOD WOLF, on 06 August 2016 - 07:01 PM, said:

I actually find MG's to be usefull, and LBX are awomse in my book which i use more than UACS

Looks like it's that time again. You leave me no other choice...

Posted Image

#86 El Bandito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 06 August 2016 - 07:05 PM

View PostFupDup, on 06 August 2016 - 07:03 PM, said:

Posted Image

Aye, you were tad ahead of me in pointing that out. :P

#87 BLOOD WOLF

• The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 6,368 posts
  • Locationnowhere

Posted 06 August 2016 - 07:06 PM

View PostFupDup, on 06 August 2016 - 07:03 PM, said:

Posted Image

Well, i dont expect everyone to like em. They may actually be bad. However my dual 20 LBX hunchbackIIC is a goo tooo mech for me. Sorry you cant get a feel for them. Dual LBX 10 on a shadow cat is a thing, at least in my universe

LEAVE THE LBX's ALONE< LEEAVE THEM ALONE

Im sorry everyone wants to build a mech similar to the other guy, i just like using different weapons

Edited by BLOOD WOLF, 06 August 2016 - 07:07 PM.

#88 Mcgral18

• 17,987 posts
  • LocationSnow

Posted 06 August 2016 - 07:08 PM

View PostBLOOD WOLF, on 06 August 2016 - 07:01 PM, said:

See we agree on most things

I do not see it that way...as the things you disagree with are the most important things to me.

I don't care about CW, played far too much of it during Beta 2 (?)
We had 26 planets to our name...and we got a neat little banner
Posted Image

That's all that remains of that time investment...I have no intention of doing that again (if not only because I don't have that much free time anymore)

There was no point to playing it. Nothing lasting.

#89 Snowbluff

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 2,368 posts

Posted 06 August 2016 - 07:08 PM

View PostJaxRiot, on 06 August 2016 - 12:22 PM, said:

As I said in another similar thread...

They just turned their attention back to CW

So, Get Ready!

Wasted development time and resources on unpopular dying game mode, round 4.. Go!
Yeah! They'll try and make a new mode ("content") and everyone will ***** about it and go back to asking why they don't put out more content!

#90 Mcgral18

• 17,987 posts
  • LocationSnow

Posted 06 August 2016 - 07:09 PM

View PostBLOOD WOLF, on 06 August 2016 - 07:03 PM, said:

I guess the burden is on me to prove that what i stated is correct. If i may ask, if i show you one will that change or at least give you a different perspective?

No, but it might show you how wrong you are, if finding one is exceedingly difficult

Although, there's bound to be 1

Think of it as a soul searching experience

#91 BLOOD WOLF

• The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 6,368 posts
  • Locationnowhere

Posted 06 August 2016 - 07:13 PM

View PostMcgral18, on 06 August 2016 - 07:08 PM, said:

I do not see it that way...as the things you disagree with are the most important things to me.

I don't care about CW, played far too much of it during Beta 2 (?)
We had 26 planets to our name...and we got a neat little banner
Posted Image

That's all that remains of that time investment...I have no intention of doing that again (if not only because I don't have that much free time anymore)

There was no point to playing it. Nothing lasting.

well all i can tell you. as far as CW being worth playing as of now it needs to be heavily improved.

View PostMcgral18, on 06 August 2016 - 07:09 PM, said:

No, but it might show you how wrong you are, if finding one is exceedingly difficult

Although, there's bound to be 1

Think of it as a soul searching experience

just type in supply cache in the search forums and go no further than 2 threads and bing. You have your likes, your dislikes. You have your ways to improve and other sorts of things. I for the record dont find it to be a bad idea.

#92 BLOOD WOLF

• The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 6,368 posts
  • Locationnowhere

Posted 06 August 2016 - 07:23 PM

Keep saying they dont listen to the players yet i still not heard one thing in which they implemented as of late that was not player inspired.

Also when its given Mcgral over here wants to turn around and make it as if a few players were making noise.

I agree that appealing to a majority is not a valid reason but if your PGI what do you do? do you not add it when you can? and then be accused of not listening. Or do you add it and the accusation becomes of wasted dev time. There is no winning, keep in mind that CW and things that take more time to be implemented are gonna take longer than the meager adding of supply caches or decals(which should have been here awhile ago if you ask me but im happy i have them now)

Also this threads premise was not well thought of and made prematurely

Edited by BLOOD WOLF, 06 August 2016 - 07:24 PM.

#93 Johnny Z

• Knight Errant
  • 9,942 posts
  • LocationDueling on Solaris

Posted 06 August 2016 - 07:27 PM

Where is the roadmap? I made a topic about it but derailed it myself though. :)

#94 BLOOD WOLF

• The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 6,368 posts
  • Locationnowhere

Posted 06 August 2016 - 07:30 PM

View PostJohnny Z, on 06 August 2016 - 07:27 PM, said:

Where is the roadmap? I made a topic about it but derailed it myself though. Posted Image

russ said its coming soon, by sat at the soonest. However in the last command chair post about the august road map some details where given. The only thing i remember was the assault revamp

#95 Mcgral18

• 17,987 posts
  • LocationSnow

Posted 06 August 2016 - 07:31 PM

View PostBLOOD WOLF, on 06 August 2016 - 07:23 PM, said:

Keep saying they dont listen to the players yet i still not heard one thing in which they implemented as of late that was not player inspired.

Also when its given Mcgral over here wants to turn around and make it as if a few players were making noise.

I agree that appealing to a majority is not a valid reason but if your PGI what do you do? do you not add it when you can? and then be accused of not listening. Or do you add it and the accusation becomes of wasted dev time. There is no winning, keep in mind that CW and things that take more time to be implemented are gonna take longer than the meager adding of supply caches or decals(which should have been here awhile ago if you ask me but im happy i have them now)

Also this threads premise was not well thought of and made prematurely

Ghost heat was player inspired too...

There's good and bad options, and PGI rarely picks the better one

That's my opinion in the matter. I do not care about Command roses, CW, or new Robots, but those are the majority of the recent changes

Long Tom remains the MOAB against all good reason, but will no longer kill every mech inside the radius, due to the radius finally being smaller than a half Kilo

Things that I support, very rarely addressed. Understandably, I'm salty

#96 BLOOD WOLF

• The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 6,368 posts
  • Locationnowhere

Posted 06 August 2016 - 07:36 PM

View PostMcgral18, on 06 August 2016 - 07:31 PM, said:

Ghost heat was player inspired too...

There's good and bad options, and PGI rarely picks the better one

That's my opinion in the matter. I do not care about Command roses, CW, or new Robots, but those are the majority of the recent changes

Long Tom remains the MOAB against all good reason, but will no longer kill every mech inside the radius, due to the radius finally being smaller than a half Kilo

Things that I support, very rarely addressed. Understandably, I'm salty

i hear you. Im not saying PGI shouldn't get the blame, but its not a one way street. I dont buy russes reasons for not testing everything out the gate. So i'm not being overly optimistic.

But i will state what i always do, it doesn't help do take the discussion to places where it doesn't need to be

#97 Brain Cancer

• The 1 Percent
  • 3,851 posts

Posted 06 August 2016 - 07:49 PM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 06 August 2016 - 11:48 AM, said:

to misquote the great madman himself (Ozzy those who need the dots connected....)

"The Road to Nowhere.... leads to PGI".

Nah. You need to go with the best one here.

Appropriately, the video begins in what is now a ghost town.

#98 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 06 August 2016 - 07:56 PM

View PostBrain Cancer, on 06 August 2016 - 07:49 PM, said:

Nah. You need to go with the best one here.

Appropriately, the video begins in what is now a ghost town.

we must have different definitions of best. I'll take Ozzy over talking heads, all day, any day.

#99 Brain Cancer

• The 1 Percent
  • 3,851 posts

Posted 06 August 2016 - 08:00 PM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 06 August 2016 - 07:56 PM, said:

we must have different definitions of best. I'll take Ozzy over talking heads, all day, any day.

I won't say no to Ozzy but Talking Heads was a silly band soundtrack for this absurd subject.

Ozzy is batty but we're in the realm of absurdity not madness.

#100 Appogee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts
  • LocationOn planet Tukayyid, celebrating victory

Posted 06 August 2016 - 08:01 PM

View PostBLOOD WOLF, on 06 August 2016 - 01:16 PM, said:

the main point is this post was premature and should be remade at the end of the month after you gather more evidence.

We're a quarter way through the month of August and the lead developer for the game still hasn't bothered to post a monthly roadmap... something which he made quarterly this year, because either monthly roadmaps were too much effort, or there wasn't enough development in a month to warrant one.

This isn't theory or speculation. It's observation.

And yet you are asking for more "evidence"...?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users