#101 BLOOD WOLF

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 6,368 posts
  • Locationnowhere

Posted 06 August 2016 - 08:06 PM

View PostAppogee, on 06 August 2016 - 08:01 PM, said:

We're a quarter way through the month of August and the lead developer for the game still hasn't bothered to post a monthly roadmap... something which he made quarterly this year, because either monthly roadmaps were too much effort, or there wasn't enough development in a month to warrant one.

This isn't theory or speculation. It's observation.

And yet you are asking for more "evidence"...?

your kinda leading the conclusion to where you want. Being an objectivity I already know that russ said the post will be here by saturday, so what is the point in saying in the past they always put it at a certain time. I dont really care when they post it, as long as its posted within a reasonable time frame, before the 15th at least. Since the patches are now monthly

Poisoning the well, its another logical fallacy. the fact that they didn't post it within the start of the month or the first 5 days is hardly of any concern. Now if they didn't do anything at all this month then we better start knocking down doors. Leading the evidence is never a good idea.

If i am not mistaken that does read like speculation.

Edited by BLOOD WOLF, 06 August 2016 - 08:08 PM.

#102 Appogee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts
  • LocationOn planet Tukayyid, celebrating victory

Posted 06 August 2016 - 08:07 PM

View PostBLOOD WOLF, on 06 August 2016 - 01:32 PM, said:

Either this is a pointless troll thread or the op doesnt understand that could not make a logical leap such as the assertion that becuase their is a lack of a roadmap that they are lacking a road.

we had a townhall and a (usless) roundtable. all jokes aside that doesnt seem to be a lack of a road.

So if anyone doesn't know, its what you call a leap in logic to assert or the fallacy of conflation

If you just want a thread to talk and rant or any other aimless banter, there is an off-topic part of the forums where the nature of this thread is better served.

Wow.

I wrote a thread to point out that there is once again a lack of roadmap despite the month having started.

I said it "feels" like a lack of actual road.

Now you want to use that to give a dissertation on logical fallacies...?! And claim that a thread about the road map for MWO is "off topic" in the MWO forums...?!

Well, I hope you're making yourself feel superior out there on that tangent.

Edited by Appogee, 06 August 2016 - 08:08 PM.

#103 Kali Rinpoche

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 639 posts
  • LocationCrossing, Draconis March

Posted 06 August 2016 - 08:08 PM

View PostBaulven, on 06 August 2016 - 06:17 PM, said:

F2P games make more than subscription based models, especially if the number of players is small. That would impact their bottom line significantly unless it was $30 a month, and I don't think many people would say this game is worth $30 a month.

And I realize that, but people think because its "Free" they shouldn't have to see the studio try to make money to keep the lights on.

#104 BLOOD WOLF

• The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 6,368 posts
  • Locationnowhere

Posted 06 August 2016 - 08:12 PM

View PostAppogee, on 06 August 2016 - 08:07 PM, said:

Wow.

I wrote a thread to point out that there is once again a lack of roadmap despite the month having started.

I said it "feels" like a lack of actual road.

Now you want to use that to give a dissertation on logical fallacies...?! And claim that a thread about the road map for MWO is "off topic" in the MWO forums...?!

Well, I hope you're making yourself feel superior out there on that tangent.

yea i kinda am. Nothing but boosting my ego. Im just like the players who put down PGI with sarcastic comments.

Im sorry your thread is premature and based off of incomplete knowledge.

Edited by BLOOD WOLF, 06 August 2016 - 08:14 PM.

#105 Appogee

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts

Posted 06 August 2016 - 08:13 PM

View PostJC Daxion, on 06 August 2016 - 06:17 PM, said:

I don't really understand the issue here.. i forget when it was exactly, but in the townhall before the resize hit, he laid out what was happening in the next 3 months.. So that included this month as well, I forget everything off hand, but i'm sure someone has a link to the TH notes if you really wanna know..

These are fair points.

So is your conclusion then is that the devs have some kind of plan that they're working to, but just haven't been bothered to write it out, even though we're 7 days into the quarter?

View PostJC Daxion, on 06 August 2016 - 06:17 PM, said:

as for monthly patches.. We are getting far more polish than we ever did in the bi-monthly so not sure how that is even a concern at this point.. Have you noticed all the long time issues being addressed? I would say that is directly related to the extra few Days extra coding time verse having to make two builds, and test two builds a month..
I think you are overlooking the serious bugs and straight out deficiencies that have continued to occur even with monthly patches. Remember, for example, the minimap debacle?

#106 BLOOD WOLF

• The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 6,368 posts
  • Locationnowhere

Posted 06 August 2016 - 08:16 PM

View PostAppogee, on 06 August 2016 - 08:13 PM, said:

These are fair points.

So is your conclusion then is that the devs have some kind of plan that they're working to, but just haven't been bothered to write it out, even though we're 7 days into the quarter?

What is your point???? That is the question. What does them not writing a roadmap on time that you seem to be making a connection to?

read the last roadmap they made. They highlighted some key things that are coming. Russ said that its coming by this saturday. What is your point.

#107 Appogee

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts

Posted 06 August 2016 - 08:20 PM

View PostJohnny Z, on 06 August 2016 - 07:27 PM, said:

Where is the roadmap? I made a topic about it but derailed it myself though. Posted Image

There isn't one.

And it's August 7.

But according to Blood Wolf, this thread is "premature".

LOL.

#108 BLOOD WOLF

• The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 6,368 posts
  • Locationnowhere

Posted 06 August 2016 - 08:21 PM

View PostAppogee, on 06 August 2016 - 08:20 PM, said:

There isn't one.

And it's August 7.

But according to Blood Wolf, this thread is "premature".

LOL.

So if they make on are you gonna write a repeal thread.

you probably are not.

please explain how them not making one soon enough is comparable to them not having one at all, which is knowledge you are not privy too.

Edited by BLOOD WOLF, 06 August 2016 - 08:22 PM.

#109 Brain Cancer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,851 posts

Posted 06 August 2016 - 08:27 PM

Now, now. I'm sure that it's OK for you to keep all your appointments a week or more later than scheduled.

Perhaps Monday. Sunday's an off day at PGI I think.

#110 Appogee

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts

Posted 06 August 2016 - 08:29 PM

View PostBLOOD WOLF, on 06 August 2016 - 08:06 PM, said:

your kinda leading the conclusion to where you want. Being an objectivity I already know that russ said the post will be here by saturday, so what is the point in saying in the past they always put it at a certain time.

And last week, he said it would be here by yesterday. But it wasn't.

Now you want to dispute the legitimacy of my thread pointing that out.

As I gave in the key point of my OP, which you conveniently continue to overlook..."I think it's important to give players - customers, and potential customer - something to look forward to, and to keep them engaged."

PGI is failing in this regard, and it's just not good enough. Hell, they even failed to meet their commitment to the extended deadline they gave themselves.

View PostBLOOD WOLF, on 06 August 2016 - 08:06 PM, said:

I dont really care when they post it, as long as its posted within a reasonable time frame, before the 15th at least. Since the patches are now monthly.

Then you are the kind of customer (assuming you ever bought something) that is part of the problem.

All you have done here is make excuses for their lack of customer communication while trying to appear clever by (incorrectly, in some cases) citing logical fallacies to try to appear superior (see "style over substance").

In this regard you are an enabler for their ongoing poor performance and part of the reason they feel they can get away with poor customer communication.

View PostBLOOD WOLF, on 06 August 2016 - 08:21 PM, said:

So if they make on are you gonna write a repeal thread.

No. Because it will still be a week late, and that still won't have been good enough.

Nor was it good enough when the same thing happened three months ago.

Edited by Appogee, 06 August 2016 - 08:37 PM.

#111 BLOOD WOLF

• The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 6,368 posts
  • Locationnowhere

Posted 06 August 2016 - 08:35 PM

View PostAppogee, on 06 August 2016 - 08:29 PM, said:

And last week, he said it would be here by yesterday.

But it wasn't.

Now you want to dispute the legitimacy of my thread pointing that out.

As I said in the OP, which you conveniently continue to overlook..."I think it's important to give players - customers, and potential customer - something to look forward to, and to keep them engaged."

PGI is failing in this regard, and it's just not good enough. They even failed to meet their commitment to doing what they should have done prior to the quarter, a week late. The apathy is palpable.

Then you are the kind of customer (assuming you ever bought something) that is part of the problem.

All you have done here is run through a list of logical fallacies which are aimed at making excuses for their lack of customer communication.

In this regard you are an enabler for their poor performance.

No. Because it will still be a week late, and that still won't have been good enough.

Nor was it good enough when this happened three months ago.

I will say i had a good laugh of this. you literally stated to the effect of even if they release one they are gonna be criticized for it. What is the point of this thread?

they cant take a week or two to look it over? in your world people cant make changes? Why do you care so much that they made something before and now its at a later date? why is it that important?

I am the problem? no sir you are the problem......think?

Edited by BLOOD WOLF, 06 August 2016 - 08:37 PM.

#112 Damocles

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 1,527 posts
  • LocationOakland, CA

Posted 06 August 2016 - 08:42 PM

View PostBLOOD WOLF, on 06 August 2016 - 08:35 PM, said:

they cant take a week or two to look it over? in your world people cant make changes? Why do you care so much that they made something before and now its at a later date? why is it that important?

In what professional world where people who are PAYING MONEY TO YOU, do you take "a week or two" to 'look it[your business plan for the next 3 months] over' -?

PGI land? And if so, the real question to you Dr. Blood is; How is this acceptable?

Edited by Damocles, 06 August 2016 - 08:43 PM.

#113 Appogee

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts

Posted 06 August 2016 - 08:44 PM

I will say i had a good laugh of this. you literally stated to the effect of even if they release one they are gonna be criticized for it. What is the point of this thread?

No, I said I wouldn't write the "repeal thread" that you asked if I'd write, and I explained why I wouldn't do that.

That is not at all the same as "even if they release one they are gonna be criticized for it".

For someone so fond of quoting logical fallacies, it's ironic that you are deliberately using illogical leaps to try to win an argument.

I once again refer you to the point of my original thread... ."I think it's important to give players - customers, and potential customers - something to look forward to, and to keep them engaged."

I will ignore your attempted diversion about "people can't make changes". You alone introduced this extraneous point, presumably because your arguing for PGI's continued right not to serially not even meet its self-reduced commitments to publishing a road map is obviously untenable.

Edited by Appogee, 06 August 2016 - 08:50 PM.

#114 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,870 posts

Posted 06 August 2016 - 08:45 PM

View PostMystere, on 06 August 2016 - 12:30 PM, said:

Of course the eSports crowd are a different animal entirely. Posted Image Posted Image

what ever happened to that, seems as soon as i got used to watching qualifiers they either stopped doing it, or shoved it into the far nethers of the forum so that nobody knows whats going on. so much for betting on that horse.

#115 BLOOD WOLF

• The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 6,368 posts
  • Locationnowhere

Posted 06 August 2016 - 08:50 PM

[color=#00FFFF]

Looking Ahead to August

[/color][/center]

Pushed to August: Multiple Drop Decks
[color=#00FFFF]A long-requested feature. Each player will be provided with 2 Invasion DropDeck slots and 2 Scouting DropDeck slots in which to save DropDeck configurations, and each DropDeck can be assigned a name for quick reference. You'll also be able to purchase up to 2 additional DropDecks each for both Invasion and Scouting, for an amount of MC to be determined.[/color]

New Item for August: Inverse Kinematics
[color=#00FFFF]After being removed way back in 2012 due to performance concerns, the engineers have managed to implement a cleaner, less demanding Inverse Kinematics system. This is currently slated for August release.[/color]

[color=#00FFFF]The August patch will be comprised of more than those two items. An upcoming August road map will cover some of the additional items currently slated for the August patch.[/color][color=#00FFFF]

Assault Revamp

[/color][/center]

Status of the Assault Game Mode
[color=#00FFFF]Originally slated for a (very tentative) July release, the revamp of the Assault Game Mode is now slated as a September item.[/color]
[color=#00FFFF]Prior to release the Assault revamp will be placed onto the Public Test Servers to garner feedback and test it in the wild, but the exact date of that PTS is still to be determined.[/color]

[color=#00FFFF]The Assault game mode is being revamped to put the focus back onto the primary objective: capturing the opposing base. Completing the objective will be necessary to win the game mode; even if one team is eliminated, the other team will still have to take their base. In order to make the base assault more interesting the bases will better resemble proper bases, with new fortifications and special buildings, instead of solely having a mobile command center placed in the map.[/color]

[color=#00FFFF]These additions include (pending full testing and tuning) turrets, destructible walls, a jamming tower that produces an ECM effect, a radar tower that produces a UAV effect, and an air control tower that periodically calls in a DropShip to protect the base. While heavier 'Mechs might be better suited to directly assault the opposing base and team, lighter 'Mechs can hunt down and destroy the generators that power the opposing base’s towers, shutting them down to weaken the base’s defenses. [/color]

#116 Appogee

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts

Posted 06 August 2016 - 08:53 PM

And are these still planned for August...?

If we had a published Road Map, we would know.

And, as per my original post, paying customers would have something to stay engaged about, to look forward to, to give them a sense that the game is moving forward.

Instead, we have speculation, hope that what was said three months ago might still be planned for this month, and a yawning void.

Edited by Appogee, 06 August 2016 - 08:55 PM.

#117 BLOOD WOLF

• The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 6,368 posts
  • Locationnowhere

Posted 06 August 2016 - 08:55 PM

I rest my case. I dont know when they are putting out the roadmap for august but dont pretend as if you are shooting in the dark here.

Did you even read all of it? or read it through. Your point of giving players something to look forward to, I just delivered. So are we done here?

AND YESS, they still need to make a roadmap for more clarity but for crying out load. I wasted so many precious words

View PostAppogee, on 06 August 2016 - 08:53 PM, said:

And are these still planned for August...?

If we had a published Road Map, we would know.

And, as per my original post, paying customers would have something to stay engaged about, to look forward to, to give them a sense that the game is moving forward.

Instead, we have a yawning silence and a nothing-going-on weekend where even the self-provided extended deadline was missed.

I provided you something to which they had planned for august Is it final, I dont know. is it not going to be changed, I dont know. Point is answered your question or problem that you so highlighted in your OP. but your not gonna admit to anything, and thats fine. All i know is i validated my claims

The point is wait till after Saturday, if none by then I will say you know what Appogee was right on the money. Is that good enough for you? Such a drama queen

Edited by BLOOD WOLF, 06 August 2016 - 09:00 PM.

#118 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,870 posts

Posted 06 August 2016 - 09:08 PM

im thinking that mwo is just a mech mill at this point. they get us to fund development of mechs, so they can turn around and sell them to hbs. thus pgi has an unending flow of beer money. instead of buying a mech pack, go get a case of beer. if you were going to buy the deluxe pack with all the varients, get some top shelf bourbon. you would have made better use of your money and will enjoy it more. and if you get the itch to play mechwarrior again, mwll still has servers. battletech fans can move over to the hbs product. we will have very drunk people playing very fun games and thats what we should have done from the get go.

wanna buy a six pack?

Edited by LordNothing, 06 August 2016 - 09:09 PM.

#119 Appogee

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts

Posted 06 August 2016 - 09:09 PM

View PostBLOOD WOLF, on 06 August 2016 - 08:55 PM, said:

The point is wait till after Saturday, if none by then I will say you know what Appogee was right on the money. Is that good enough for you?

No, it's not good enough for me.

I don't need apologists and enablers to tell me I'm right. I already know that I'm "right" and "reasonable" in expecting the company I spent $1500 with to put a minimal effort into letting me and other players know what they're planning to deliver in the 3 months ahead.

And the reason I want that is because I want this game to succeed, and the developers' apparent growing apathy for making an effort at communication is a key thread to actually keeping their own game alive.

View PostBLOOD WOLF, on 06 August 2016 - 08:55 PM, said:

Such a drama queen

How ironic of you.

#120 BLOOD WOLF

• The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 6,368 posts
  • Locationnowhere

Posted 06 August 2016 - 09:13 PM

View PostAppogee, on 06 August 2016 - 09:09 PM, said:

No, it's not good enough for me.

I don't need apologists and enablers to tell me I'm right. I already know that I'm "right" and "reasonable" in expecting the company I spent $1500 with to put a minimal effort into letting me and other players know what they're planning to deliver in the 3 months ahead.

And the reason I want that is because I want this game to succeed, and the developers' apparent growing apathy for making an effort at communication is a key thread to actually keeping their own game alive.

How ironic of you.

my bad your right, but that only stands if i said, appogee is a drama queen therefore he can not possibly be right. I just said that your a drama queen.

you want the game to succeed and i believe you to the fullest otherwise you wouldn't be here. Same for me, i am an avid fan but we just see thing different. Like i said if its not here by sometime near Saturday, your right.

Hey i spent over 700 dollars myself so i dont want to hear that. you think i dont have a stake in the game? im some freeloader who just plays without putting in and to hell with the direction. You got me pegged wrong my friend.

Edited by BLOOD WOLF, 06 August 2016 - 09:16 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users