• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts
  • LocationOn planet Tukayyid, celebrating victory

Posted 06 August 2016 - 09:15 PM

Ok, let there be peace in our time.

View PostBLOOD WOLF, on 06 August 2016 - 09:13 PM, said:

if i said, appogee is a drama queen therefore he can not possibly be right. I just said that your a drama queen.

Damn. I concede you are logically correct :)

#122 BLOOD WOLF

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 6,368 posts
  • Locationnowhere

Posted 06 August 2016 - 09:30 PM

View PostAppogee, on 06 August 2016 - 09:15 PM, said:

Ok, let there be peace in our time.

Damn. I concede you are logically correct Posted Image

We want the same thing. However how we look at it is in different perspectives. I just not gonna make a deal about things i dont really care about. Just now i looked at the changes they made in their roadmaps and to be honest i dont care for much of it. But(i know i shouldn't start a sentence with but) There are people who did ask for them. Look what we care about is the bigger picture, and they still have 5 months to drive it home. Cw being the priority. If they dont show me something by December I might be convince that CW doesn't stand a chance. However under no circumstance will i begin to draw conclusions that far exceed the level of evidence.

#123 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 06 August 2016 - 10:07 PM

This thread delivers. It exceeded my expectations.

#124 Imperius

• The God
  • The God
  • 5,747 posts
  • LocationOn Reddit and Twitter

Posted 06 August 2016 - 10:09 PM

View PostBLOOD WOLF, on 06 August 2016 - 09:30 PM, said:

We want the same thing. However how we look at it is in different perspectives. I just not gonna make a deal about things i dont really care about. Just now i looked at the changes they made in their roadmaps and to be honest i dont care for much of it. But(i know i shouldn't start a sentence with but) There are people who did ask for them. Look what we care about is the bigger picture, and they still have 5 months to drive it home. Cw being the priority. If they dont show me something by December I might be convince that CW doesn't stand a chance. However under no circumstance will i begin to draw conclusions that far exceed the level of evidence.

CW flopped and was a waste of time just like I said 2 years ago... It had too many buckets, units were too big, and too many greedy players.

LET IT DIE AND MOVE ON TO THINGS LIKE PVE THAT CAN ADD REVENUE AND MAYBE SAVE CW...

Edited by Imperius, 06 August 2016 - 10:10 PM.

#125 BLOOD WOLF

• The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 6,368 posts
  • Locationnowhere

Posted 06 August 2016 - 10:35 PM

View PostImperius, on 06 August 2016 - 10:09 PM, said:

CW flopped and was a waste of time just like I said 2 years ago... It had too many buckets, units were too big, and too many greedy players.

LET IT DIE AND MOVE ON TO THINGS LIKE PVE THAT CAN ADD REVENUE AND MAYBE SAVE CW...

ummm, i think some people will have a problem with that

#126 Oderint dum Metuant

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,758 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 06 August 2016 - 11:13 PM

View PostAppogee, on 06 August 2016 - 11:40 AM, said:

I don't think PGI would want to revisit their most embarrassing failure by trying to resurrect that project.

You do realize that game is still being developed with cash from the mech packs right?

View PostBishop Steiner, on 06 August 2016 - 06:47 PM, said:

That's got to be some of the most selective reasoning ever.

Stockholm, indeed. Smh

Welcome to how everyone felt dealing with you in white armor

#127 Juodas Varnas

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,534 posts
  • LocationGrand Duchy of Lithuania

Posted 06 August 2016 - 11:20 PM

View PostDeathlike, on 06 August 2016 - 10:07 PM, said:

This thread delivers. It exceeded my expectations.

I'm surprised anyone can even have expectations on these forums...

Posted Image

#128 BLOOD WOLF

• The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 6,368 posts
  • Locationnowhere

Posted 06 August 2016 - 11:23 PM

View PostOderint dum Metuant, on 06 August 2016 - 11:13 PM, said:

You do realize that game is still being developed with cash from the mech packs right?

Welcome to how everyone felt dealing with you in white armor

problem is he was way off with that assertion. Now he's on the side that spouts and makes claims without evidence. The realm of making everything fit to your reality. his Stolckholm deal is way off the mark, if anybody can tie that with anything i said please be my guest

#129 EvilCow

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,243 posts

Posted 06 August 2016 - 11:25 PM

It is apparent that they dropped serious developments on MWO, they are just doing the minimum in order to keep it generating some revenues as long as possible.

The recent enhancement like Inverse Kinematics, Destroyable Objects, Weather etc are just generic improvements, nothing MWO-specific. An improved game engine is something they can reuse, MWO-specific developments are "wasted time" from that perspective.

The plan is simple, keep a small core of developers working on mech packs and other minor revenues-generating details (caches, decals), the rest of team is busy on something else. The idea of moving from MWO has not went away with transverse failure.

#130 BLOOD WOLF

• The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 6,368 posts
  • Locationnowhere

Posted 06 August 2016 - 11:30 PM

View PostEvilCow, on 06 August 2016 - 11:25 PM, said:

It is apparent that they dropped serious developments on MWO, they are just doing the minimum in order to keep it generating some revenues as long as possible.

The recent enhancement like Inverse Kinematics, Destroyable Objects, Weather etc are just generic improvements, nothing MWO-specific. An improved game engine is something they can reuse, MWO-specific developments are "wasted time" from that perspective.

The plan is simple, keep a small core of developers working on mech packs and other minor revenues-generating details (caches, decals), the rest of team is busy on something else. The idea of moving from MWO has not went away with transverse failure.

where back to this. I can not believe where back to this.

Edited by BLOOD WOLF, 06 August 2016 - 11:31 PM.

#131 Johnny Z

• Knight Errant
  • 9,942 posts
  • LocationDueling on Solaris

Posted 06 August 2016 - 11:34 PM

View PostBLOOD WOLF, on 06 August 2016 - 08:50 PM, said:

[color=#00FFFF]

Looking Ahead to August

[/color][/center]Pushed to August: Multiple Drop Decks
[color=#00FFFF]A long-requested feature. Each player will be provided with 2 Invasion DropDeck slots and 2 Scouting DropDeck slots in which to save DropDeck configurations, and each DropDeck can be assigned a name for quick reference. You'll also be able to purchase up to 2 additional DropDecks each for both Invasion and Scouting, for an amount of MC to be determined.[/color]

New Item for August: Inverse Kinematics
[color=#00FFFF]After being removed way back in 2012 due to performance concerns, the engineers have managed to implement a cleaner, less demanding Inverse Kinematics system. This is currently slated for August release.[/color]

[color=#00FFFF]The August patch will be comprised of more than those two items. An upcoming August road map will cover some of the additional items currently slated for the August patch.[/color][color=#00FFFF]

Assault Revamp

[/color][/center]Status of the Assault Game Mode
[color=#00FFFF]Originally slated for a (very tentative) July release, the revamp of the Assault Game Mode is now slated as a September item.[/color]
[color=#00FFFF]Prior to release the Assault revamp will be placed onto the Public Test Servers to garner feedback and test it in the wild, but the exact date of that PTS is still to be determined.[/color]

[color=#00FFFF]The Assault game mode is being revamped to put the focus back onto the primary objective: capturing the opposing base. Completing the objective will be necessary to win the game mode; even if one team is eliminated, the other team will still have to take their base. In order to make the base assault more interesting the bases will better resemble proper bases, with new fortifications and special buildings, instead of solely having a mobile command center placed in the map.[/color]

[color=#00FFFF]These additions include (pending full testing and tuning) turrets, destructible walls, a jamming tower that produces an ECM effect, a radar tower that produces a UAV effect, and an air control tower that periodically calls in a DropShip to protect the base. While heavier 'Mechs might be better suited to directly assault the opposing base and team, lighter 'Mechs can hunt down and destroy the generators that power the opposing base’s towers, shutting them down to weaken the base’s defenses. [/color]

I wasn't aware of the dropship support. Amazing. Didn't know it was delayed until September either. That sucks.

Edited by Johnny Z, 06 August 2016 - 11:39 PM.

#132 Johnny Z

• Knight Errant
  • 9,942 posts

Posted 06 August 2016 - 11:37 PM

View PostAppogee, on 06 August 2016 - 09:09 PM, said:

No, it's not good enough for me.

I don't need apologists and enablers to tell me I'm right. I already know that I'm "right" and "reasonable" in expecting the company I spent $1500 with to put a minimal effort into letting me and other players know what they're planning to deliver in the 3 months ahead.

And the reason I want that is because I want this game to succeed, and the developers' apparent growing apathy for making an effort at communication is a key thread to actually keeping their own game alive.

How ironic of you.

I agree with both of you. :) I cant understand why they are not giving players detailed road maps going into the new year even. Stuff to look forward to. There has to be a reason I guess. Maybe it will be a let down? I really don't know.

I guess making a game from the ground up takes a lot of time.

Edited by Johnny Z, 06 August 2016 - 11:39 PM.

#133 Johnny Z

• Knight Errant
  • 9,942 posts

Posted 06 August 2016 - 11:42 PM

View PostEvilCow, on 06 August 2016 - 11:25 PM, said:

This is interesting. I wonder how true it is. :) Is MechWarrior Online not their most important game?

#134 BLOOD WOLF

• The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 6,368 posts
  • Locationnowhere

Posted 06 August 2016 - 11:45 PM

View PostJohnny Z, on 06 August 2016 - 11:42 PM, said:

This is interesting. I wonder how true it is. Posted Image Is MechWarrior Online not their most important game?

apparently not. They got some other game they are working on I bet

View PostJohnny Z, on 06 August 2016 - 11:37 PM, said:

I agree with both of you. Posted Image I cant understand why they are not giving players detailed road maps going into the new year even. Stuff to look forward to. There has to be a reason I guess. Maybe it will be a let down? I really don't know.

I guess making a game from the ground up takes a lot of time.

I was actually looking back at the roadmaps for late 2015 and into this year. To be honest there has been quite a bit of work done. So much that it was impossible for me to comprise a summary of the additions since then into one topic. So I just dont and will never understand why people are pretending as if they are doing nothing. Could they be doing better? well of course but Just go back and actually look at the work thats been done and its a bit much. whether it means something to you personally i dont really care.

Edited by BLOOD WOLF, 06 August 2016 - 11:46 PM.

#135 Tarogato

• Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 6,558 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 06 August 2016 - 11:48 PM

Meh, why do we even care anymore? There's nothing left to be excited over. PGI has let CW be a complete flop over and over again, mech and weapon balance is still a complete mess, many of the map redesigns have bogglingly missed the mark, everything is covered in duct tape, and do we really expect Solaris to be something worth waiting for?

I say just take a break. Don't play the game and certainly don't support PGI. Let it get to their heads that their administration absolutely needs a change in attitude (or a change in people... ) before the company will be trusted enough for people to come back and play again. It's a real shame because there are some solidly nice people at PGI doing honest and good work, but it's all drowned out by the poor direction and appalling state of PR.

#136 Johnny Z

• Knight Errant
  • 9,942 posts

Posted 06 August 2016 - 11:52 PM

View PostTarogato, on 06 August 2016 - 11:48 PM, said:

Meh, why do we even care anymore? There's nothing left to be excited over. PGI has let CW be a complete flop over and over again, mech and weapon balance is still a complete mess, many of the map redesigns have bogglingly missed the mark, everything is covered in duct tape, and do we really expect Solaris to be something worth waiting for?

I say just take a break. Don't play the game and certainly don't support PGI. Let it get to their heads that their administration absolutely needs a change in attitude (or a change in people... ) before the company will be trusted enough for people to come back and play again. It's a real shame because there are some solidly nice people at PGI doing honest and good work, but it's all drowned out by the poor direction and appalling state of PR.

I totally disagree with this. But the PR point is something I wonder about. Look at "No Mans Sky" for instance. They have been teasing and hyping that games features for a long time before it is available. I don't think that game will be very good but my point stands. Seriously I wouldn't buy it if money is a concern for anyone.

Anyway, why doesn't this game hype upcoming features and changes? Take the skill tree for example. Maybe its all in the design phase, but why not tell players what they are going to do with it? It would be nice to know. Is it because the negative hype masters will go to town on it?

Edited by Johnny Z, 06 August 2016 - 11:54 PM.

#137 BLOOD WOLF

• The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 6,368 posts
  • Locationnowhere

Posted 06 August 2016 - 11:55 PM

View PostJohnny Z, on 06 August 2016 - 11:52 PM, said:

I totally disagree with this. But the PR point is something I wonder about. Look at "No Mans Sky" for instance. They have been teasing and hyping that games features for a long time before it is available. I don't think that game will be very good but my point stands. Seriously I wouldn't buy it if money is a concern for anyone.

Anyway, why doesn't this game hype upcoming features and changes?

yea, that post was a bit vague i was gonna type that same thing.

As for no mans sky, my brother was talking about it. I play Elite myself but compared to the deving of that game and MWO, elite is damn near abysmal

Edited by BLOOD WOLF, 06 August 2016 - 11:56 PM.

#138 Johnny Z

• Knight Errant
  • 9,942 posts

Posted 06 August 2016 - 11:58 PM

View PostBLOOD WOLF, on 06 August 2016 - 11:55 PM, said:

yea, that post was a bit vague i was gonna type that same thing.

As for no mans sky, my brother was talking about it. I play Elite myself but compared to the deving of that game and MWO, elite is damn near abysmal

Elite has no player character like Star Citizen has is why its where it is, and of course direct competition from the hypernaught that is Star Citizen. :)

I always considered this as something MechWarrior Online is missing as well. This game really should put the warrior in MechWarrior.

By the way I think MechWarrior Online could do better than either of those other games with Aerotech. Those other games don't offer great battles.

Those other games sell tiny ships for how much? Maybe MechWarrior could sell light cruisers for how much?? Carriers could be AI?

Edited by Johnny Z, 07 August 2016 - 12:06 AM.

#139 BLOOD WOLF

• The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 6,368 posts
  • Locationnowhere

Posted 07 August 2016 - 12:00 AM

View PostJohnny Z, on 06 August 2016 - 11:58 PM, said:

Elite has no player character like Star Citizen has is why its where it is, and of course direct competition from the hypernaught that is Star Citizen. Posted Image

I always considered this as something MechWarrior Online is missing as well. This game really should put the warrior in MechWarrior.

yea, but elite has me sold with its ships, im a sucker for those imperial vessels. although the Grind is sooooo bad in that game. I might give no mans sky a try.

Edited by BLOOD WOLF, 07 August 2016 - 12:02 AM.

#140 Oderint dum Metuant

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,758 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 07 August 2016 - 12:03 AM

View PostBLOOD WOLF, on 06 August 2016 - 11:23 PM, said:

problem is he was way off with that assertion. Now he's on the side that spouts and makes claims without evidence. The realm of making everything fit to your reality. his Stolckholm deal is way off the mark, if anybody can tie that with anything i said please be my guest

If it wasn't for the tournament and it's rules and the 11 other people that would get removed i'd poke all the holes in your arguments into next week..........but that would be overly negative towards PGI....so...yea, please continue with your knighting many have done so before you and many will do so after.

View PostBLOOD WOLF, on 06 August 2016 - 11:45 PM, said:

apparently not. They got some other game they are working on I bet

You think they aren't? Of course they are.
It makes business sense when one game is "done" and you need more revenue your going to publish more products. Trannyverse wasn't canceled, it was "taken back under wraps for now".
It is still being developed, and they didn't get community funding for it, so it's being funded through the studio.....which means their current project................mechpack sales duh....

Where do you think Bryan Ekman disappeared too all those years ago....................

8 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 8 guests, 0 anonymous users