The Hunback Iic's Really....

45 replies to this topic

#41 DjPush

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,964 posts

Posted 10 August 2016 - 09:29 AM

Why is this thread not about "Power Draw"?

#42 Alistair Winter

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Storm
  • Storm
  • 10,823 posts
  • LocationBergen, Norway, FRR

Posted 10 August 2016 - 10:34 AM

Just bought the Hunchie IIC. 2cUAC20 and 2cERSL. XL200. 2 jump jets. 2 much fun.

Seriously, it's nice to play something completely different from the norm that isn't hilariously UP or OP.

#43 Narcissistic Martyr

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 4,242 posts
  • LocationLouisville, KY

Posted 10 August 2016 - 11:06 AM

View PostQuicksilver Kalasa, on 10 August 2016 - 09:07 AM, said:

PPCs are great anti-light weapons which is the only thing that should be closing on you like that (unless your team got snowballed), 6 SPLs is 6 DHS you are missing and those DHS are important.

I find that the hunchie IIC doesn't have enough torso yaw to deal with lights up close. But, I use VOIP to counter lights and stick fairly close to our main line so I don't have too much trouble with flanking lights who'll run as soon as you start shooting. Ultimately I'm more concerned about storm crows, vipers, brawler hunchies, and the entire slew of 5/8 heavies that can close on me. Also... 6SPL is an instant kill on a head shot... and... I'm reasonably good at getting them on assaults and certain heavies and mediums.

Besides, you're realistically talking 4 DHS since you'd have to dump FF to get enough slots. Which would make me better at sniping, but worse in the inevitable knife fighting brawl. Also... it could be I'm just a really bad sniper but when my heavies and assaults decide to go in, I follow suit. I've got armor and I'll be damned if I'm not gonna make my enemies use some of their firepower on it while my allies are fighting. So, my SPL see use most matches and up close... a sustained DPS or 6.3 is a way way bigger advantage than another 4 DHS for me and how I play.

That's not to say that the 4DHS aren't a better choice for some folks. Hell for most folks, being better at one job is probably easier to do well with. But for me... flexibility is more important because I play my mediums as close support for the heavies and assaults and want to be able to do that in a variety of situations.

Also... 6SPL is an instant kill on a head shot... and... I'm reasonably good at getting them on assaults and certain heavies and mediums.

#44 Revis Volek

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 7,247 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationBack in the Pilots chair

Posted 10 August 2016 - 11:07 AM

View Postmogs01gt, on 09 August 2016 - 04:57 AM, said:

seriously? That is a bit excessive!

Its really not, not even close.

IF you are running more the 5 on anything smaller then an assault then maybe change your style a bit in that mech. Keep your back safe because you NEED that armor upfront.

Edited by Revis Volek, 10 August 2016 - 11:07 AM.

#45 Narcissistic Martyr

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 4,242 posts
  • LocationLouisville, KY

Posted 10 August 2016 - 11:08 AM

View PostAlistair Winter, on 10 August 2016 - 10:34 AM, said:

Just bought the Hunchie IIC. 2cUAC20 and 2cERSL. XL200. 2 jump jets. 2 much fun.

Seriously, it's nice to play something completely different from the norm that isn't hilariously UP or OP.

Yeah that one's a real blast. You can almost see the "OH FRACK" look on the enemy's face when they come around the corner, push R, and see your load out.

Edited by Narcissistic Martyr, 10 August 2016 - 11:08 AM.

#46 Alistair Winter

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Storm
  • Storm
  • 10,823 posts
  • LocationBergen, Norway, FRR

Posted 10 August 2016 - 11:15 AM

View PostNarcissistic Martyr, on 10 August 2016 - 11:08 AM, said:

Yeah that one's a real blast. You can almost see the "OH FRACK" look on the enemy's face when they come around the corner, push R, and see your load out.

I just got out of a match like that. River city brawling in my Hunchie IIC, encounter a Kodiak and I start laying down some heavy fire. At first he's like "Oh sh**, I need cover", but then he was like "Oh, it's just a Hunchie, I got this", and then he was like "Oh sh**, I actually do need cover".

I guess I also had RNGeesus with me in terms of avoiding jams and he might have jammed 3 of 4 UAC10s for all I know. But it was still kind of funny to watch the reaction.

Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users