Epic Assault Event And Sale

198 replies to this topic

#121 Dee Eight

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 12 August 2016 - 07:51 AM

And only your ten best games count for the leaderboard. But even with KDK3s with 12 tons of ammo... that's only 200 damage per ton. Even doing full damage, every ton of ammo, only amounts to 160 pts for the leaderboard score. Damage alone isn't how people are putting up these suspicious scores. A team stopping and waiting for one player to come over and plug six of them in the head or back however...

Edited by Dee Eight, 12 August 2016 - 07:53 AM.

#122 Tier5 Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 2,049 posts

Posted 12 August 2016 - 08:05 AM

Score Formula: (Solo Kill x 30) + (Kill Most Damage x 20) + (Killing Blow x 10) + ( Kill Assist x 10) + (Win × 10) + (Loss × 5) + (Survive × 10) + (Dead × 5) + ((Damage done - Team Damage) ÷ 15)

Posted Image
I think this was my so far best game. 1 solo kill, 4 kill most damage dealt, 1 killing blow, 5 kill assitt, win and survive, 907 damage deatl with no team damage.
30 +80 +10 +50+10+10+60=250

So if I'd had 10 games like that, I would get to 13th position on Dire Wolfs. Currently I'm 71th with 1700 score.

But the tournament has just barely begun. Previously with lighs I got early to around 7th- 10th or something but even as I kept playing and improving, I fell down to 15th position as others went over me. So it's simply amazing how the current leader on Dire Wolfs already has 3800. And those top scores will improve a lot over the weekend and Monday.

Dispite how unlikely it's to get any of the tournament rewards, I still like this event. It's a very nice challenge to even survive any win any games with assult.

#123 Desintegrator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,225 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 12 August 2016 - 08:21 AM

Thanks for this nice little event !

Already finished...

#124 Ironically Ironclad Irony

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Boombox
  • 192 posts

Posted 12 August 2016 - 08:42 AM

Here is the Kodiak build that never stops! You can play it for almost 23 straight hours!

#125 Pz_DC

• Private
  • 1,108 posts

Posted 12 August 2016 - 10:45 AM

''...solo and group queue counts''... Ok, again 'teamfarm' event. No fun. Thanks. Same time each chassis variant too different so counting LRM-boats and brawlers in one scoreboard... gg PGI, again you have failed event named ''make RIGHT rules for the upcoming event''.

#126 Yozzman

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ardent
  • The Ardent
  • 273 posts

Posted 12 August 2016 - 11:07 AM

Too many assault in que, **** it not playing this ****...

#127 TheLuc

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 746 posts

Posted 12 August 2016 - 01:12 PM

I usually play Assault Mechs, but even with the event those days all is so Meh on MWO.

I will skip that one.

#128 Dee Eight

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 12 August 2016 - 01:43 PM

The fellow with the 4425 kodiak score earlier is now up to 5,097. Seriously ? He's played 15 more games of which 12 were wins, 2 losses and inexplicably... a tie... 48 more kills. 4 more deaths. So he has a 20:1 K/D ratio, and a 8:1 W/L ratio. Hello PGI...wake up and smell the cheating !!!

#129 MovinTarget

• Field Marshal
  • Field Marshal
  • 3,831 posts
  • LocationGreen Acres

Posted 12 August 2016 - 05:43 PM

View PostDee Eight, on 12 August 2016 - 01:43 PM, said:

The fellow with the 4425 kodiak score earlier is now up to 5,097. Seriously ? He's played 15 more games of which 12 were wins, 2 losses and inexplicably... a tie... 48 more kills. 4 more deaths. So he has a 20:1 K/D ratio, and a 8:1 W/L ratio. Hello PGI...wake up and smell the cheating !!!

I dunno if its cheating but considering the top 4-5 are all 4k+ where no other assaults are much past 3.8k... Seems like the clans truly have an OP assualt they can't complain about...

#130 MaxFool

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 339 posts
  • LocationHelsinki, Finland

Posted 12 August 2016 - 11:21 PM

I must admit I'm quite suspicious about some scores. But some scores I see at the very top of chassis leaderboards I know are achieved fairly, as I see those players in my games at solo queue. It's the totally unknown names that somehow avoid being at same queue as others (either doing it in group queue or simply being at too low tier) that I'm suspicious about. Nothing miraculous about known players doing same stuff during event as they are doing outside events.

Not sure if it's mentioned in rules (I thought it was but tried to check and didn't find it), but alt accounts should be banned from the event, unless they are at same tier as main account. Any good player would win the event easily in multiple chassis if they could do it against tier 3-5 players.

#131 xe N on

• 1,335 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 12 August 2016 - 11:23 PM

It's not that hard to pull up high numbers. Just go with 2x 12 mans to group queue, sync drop and farm high numbers in set up matches.

Don't know if PGI really care about monitor above mentioned option to farm for score. However, I'm not saying that the top scorer doing this.

Edited by xe N on, 12 August 2016 - 11:27 PM.

#132 Dee Eight

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 13 August 2016 - 01:05 AM

They'd solve the problem if they made the leaderboards exclusively solo drops. If they're going to give away thousands of MC and millions of C-bills to group farm cheaters, they should increase the chances of pulling rare items from the supply caches for the rest of us. They clearly care not at all for fairness.

Edited by Dee Eight, 13 August 2016 - 01:06 AM.

#133 Mega0

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 66 posts

Posted 13 August 2016 - 04:07 AM

So, Im currently #1 (not for long Posted Image ) in some terrible 80t assault , majority of my games are solo que and my best game also solo que, but some nice people invited me to group que today, and after that I decided to share my experience.

Single most problem with solo que is one sided games, its ether you team so good you cant get enough solo kills or you team is 7 LRM boats who stand in place and then hide behind one another, believe it or not some LRM boats in group que walk towards the enemy and even share armor sometimes Posted Image .

If anything solo que is more luck based, your end goal is to grind 20 one sided games to get to that one game where everybody good and game ends 12:10, such games in group que more frequent at least It seems like it, more organization, less nascar and less running from enemy in general, more focus fire between small teams (5 man team largest I saw) result in more solo kills for everybody.

Suspicions and conspiracies aside, I think group que just faster to grind, I suspect I would still be in first place (for nowPosted Image ) but with 200 points less without it, but I also suspect my opinion will change later when Im in 6 place and everybody will become farmers and cheaters.

Fairness of two ques is debatable, I personally think its a little bit unfair, because better players can potentially get even better results in group que.

Also I have a crazy theory about crazy high scores, group que less populated, sometimes waiting times can get quite high, there may be even some oceanic server games, Its quite possible that good and lucky oceanic player can get unbelievable results without any conspiracies just because half of the enemy team has 400-500 ping, cant zoom in and zoom out without problems, cant torso twist, and you must shoot randomly in general direction and around mech to hit it by chance, 6-8 solo kills can happen in such game if other oceanic players are already dead.

Edited by Mega0, 13 August 2016 - 04:16 AM.

#134 D V Devnull

• 4,297 posts

Posted 13 August 2016 - 06:21 AM

View PostIronically Ironclad Irony, on 12 August 2016 - 08:42 AM, said:

Here is the Kodiak build that never stops! You can play it for almost 23 straight hours!

<<<Lame repeating item from https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MLqdxO_5x7o>>>

Wrong. Only 23 Minutes. Even then, it gets boring after about 2 minutes. Worse, it pummels on the brain in a disruptive manner. I don't think many people are going to want to listen to this. <_<

View PostMGA121285, on 12 August 2016 - 10:45 AM, said:

''...solo and group queue counts''... Ok, again 'teamfarm' event. No fun. Thanks. Same time each chassis variant too different so counting LRM-boats and brawlers in one scoreboard... gg PGI, again you have failed event named ''make RIGHT rules for the upcoming event''.

View PostYozzman, on 12 August 2016 - 11:07 AM, said:

Too many assault in que, **** it not playing this ****...

View PostTheLuc, on 12 August 2016 - 01:12 PM, said:

I usually play Assault Mechs, but even with the event those days all is so Meh on MWO.

I will skip that one.

Aaaaaaauuuuuuugggggggggghhhhhhhh... All of you, just SHUT UP! PGI designed the LeaderBoard in this way as to allow people with different Variants of the same Chassis to compare against one another. You know, the proverbial "My Chassis Variant is BETTER than Yours!" (aka "I can do it better than you can!") kind of thing that's been going on for ages in many other ways with other things. Plus, the usual barrier limiting allowed number of Assaults in one match is currently pushed back a bit. You can fit more Assaults in one round right now, and anyone in anything 75-tons-or-less is getting matches much more quickly. You could be one of those lighter Mechs who drops in and enjoys killing a ton of 'Sitting Duck' Assaults! Don't try to jinx the event, and instead take advantage of what it's offering. Heck, I've been getting some nice and GXP from this event, because there's reason for people to keep on playing. So come on already, and get your 'rear metal plate' on the battlefield! :angry:

~D. V. "Not using that bad music loop... Excuse me, but I'm gonna get more because of those Assaults." Devnull

#135 Dee Eight

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 13 August 2016 - 06:24 AM

One nice thing about weight class leaderboard events is it is an excuse to JUST play that class of mechs for a week. I have twenty assaults (soon to be 22 as I have two more sale price HGN-IICs to buy, and then even more when the cyclops get delivered), and every one of those twenty is being piloted thru 10 winning matches. Thus in the case of the battlemasters, of which I own five, I'll have 50 wins to hopefully pool 10 BEST for the leaderboard.

#136 MovinTarget

• Field Marshal
  • Field Marshal
  • 3,831 posts
  • LocationGreen Acres

Posted 13 August 2016 - 07:14 AM

View PostD V Devnull, on 13 August 2016 - 06:21 AM, said:

Wrong. Only 23 Minutes. Even then, it gets boring after about 2 minutes. Worse, it pummels on the brain in a disruptive manner. [/size]&quot; Devnull

You can hate the bear, but don't be hating on New Order!

#137 D V Devnull

• 4,297 posts

Posted 13 August 2016 - 07:29 AM

View PostDee Eight, on 13 August 2016 - 06:24 AM, said:

One nice thing about weight class leaderboard events is it is an excuse to JUST play that class of mechs for a week. I have twenty assaults (soon to be 22 as I have two more sale price HGN-IICs to buy, and then even more when the cyclops get delivered), and every one of those twenty is being piloted thru 10 winning matches. Thus in the case of the battlemasters, of which I own five, I'll have 50 wins to hopefully pool 10 BEST for the leaderboard.

Yup, you're not restricted to just one Variant of a Chassis in order to rack up scores towards a given LeaderBoard. ^_^

View PostMovinTarget, on 13 August 2016 - 07:14 AM, said:

<<<snip>>>

You can hate the bear, but don't be hating on New Order!

Dude, not everyone wants their head pounded to jelly. That, and the constant loop just doesn't jive with me. It gives me the impression of lacking any presence of feeling, travel of thought through melody, and definitely any lack of the possibility of a good story that it could possess. Like, excuse me, but I'll take my music with a tad less 'thump'. -_-

~D. V. "Chassis Variant choices are Awesome, pardon the pun... But, choices of music don't connect here..." Devnull

#138 MovinTarget

• Field Marshal
  • Field Marshal
  • 3,831 posts
  • LocationGreen Acres

Posted 13 August 2016 - 07:40 AM

Watch it Dev, lest you be labeled an old fart! ;)

Furthermore, this is an extended mix that takes time to build. New Order was ahead of it time in creating exceptionally layered dance music. If its too electronic for you, i highly recommend their prior incarnation, the very excellent Joy Division...

Edited by MovinTarget, 13 August 2016 - 07:54 AM.

#139 Pz_DC

• Private
  • 1,108 posts

Posted 13 August 2016 - 08:25 AM

Ok, maybe you, dear devs did fix group farming via fixing queue, but LRM problem is still here - STK, MAL, AWS, BLR - 95% sure then top-5 of those are LRMs or group-farmed players. Its LRM-madness there...

#140 MovinTarget

• Field Marshal
  • Field Marshal
  • 3,831 posts
  • LocationGreen Acres

Posted 13 August 2016 - 08:38 AM

Time to pack ams... ecm... radar derp

20 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 20 guests, 0 anonymous users