2016 Customer Appreciation Rewards Program!

819 replies to this topic

#321 Jay Leon Hart

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 4,669 posts

Posted 13 August 2016 - 09:39 AM

View PostRickDiasPK, on 13 August 2016 - 09:29 AM, said:

Your math is sound, but overlooks one thing: The fewer Mechs are of a 'higher quality'; they gain CBill bonuses and often have some other modest advantage in play. Therefore they should be seen as equal to the greater number of Mechs.

Then on this we differ - I like them because of the camo, which is why I don't bother buying Champion 'mechs (not any more, at least). You are correct, however, that we could argue what is or isn't equivalent in these packs and never come to an agreement.

Edited by Jay Leon Hart, 13 August 2016 - 09:40 AM.

#322 Sagamore

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blood Bound
  • The Blood Bound
  • 930 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 13 August 2016 - 01:15 PM

Well I guess large MC packages aren't appreciated very much. As PGI has shifted to preorder packs outside of the game client, Mc becomes less important. I guess it's still good for decals and keys. I have all the colours I could ever want from resistance + resistance 2. I doubt I will be buying another $100 MC package next year.

A "dollars spent" reward structure would be the most fair to paying customers but it is clear from Customer Support that this will not happen. It is a pity that a promotion intended to reward paying customers has left a bad taste in the mouth of so many.

#323 ScarecrowES

• Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 2,812 posts
  • LocationDefending the Cordon, Arc-Royal

Posted 13 August 2016 - 01:33 PM

View PostJay Leon Hart, on 13 August 2016 - 09:36 AM, said:

So $50 for 6 'mechs vs $40 for 4 'mechs
$100 for 12 'mechs vs $80 for 8 'mechs to qualify
$100 for 13 'mechs of 3 chassis vs $80 for 10 'mechs of 4 chassis after bonuses

~$7.70 per 'mech vs $8 per 'mech - still better 'mech value to buy Standard and not Collector's, even with the reward 'mechs

The extra $20 for a Collector's only gives 1 extra 'mech and it's not even a new one, vs getting a Hero or 2 new variants instead for $5 less

The Collector's Pack is probably the worst value for money, so now it gets the bonus of qualifying for free 'mechs

This isn't a "thanks for taking one for the team" prize. It's a customer loyalty reward. Specifically, it is a reward for purchasing top-tier content. The collector's packs are not top-tier content. They're middle-to-low tier content. There are 3 package types that are higher than the collector's pack.

2 of those three are actually rewarded only by virtue of containing the collector's pack as a component. 1 of those packs, the $50 standard + reinforcements + hero pack, is not rewarded, despite being in a higher tier than the $40 collector's pack.

Again, this is a reward for investing in higher-tier packs. Not a pity party for people dumb enough to throw away $20 on a low-tier pack for a mech they already have and a special camo pattern.

All packages above collector's should also count. If you include the collector's packs, but exclude packages that are at a higher level than those, you can't claim that this "reward" is about customer appreciation and rewarding high-level purchases.

#324 Dee Eight

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 13 August 2016 - 01:38 PM

The reward for any amount of MC is the Blackjack BJ-2... last year it was the cicida with the jump jets. I could probably find what it was for the first year pretty quick with a search...

Let's see...the PGI 15 year anniversary repeated the 1 year MWO loyalty rewards....

http://mwomercs.com/...iation-program/

MechWarrior Credits Reward
This reward is for anyone who has ever purchased MechWarrior Credits. Eligible players will receive an exclusive new Centurion variant - the CN9-AH - decked out with a custom paint job, along with a 30% C-bill Bonus and a free Mechbay.

Pre-Sale Reward
This reward is for players who have purchased any pre-sale program package. This includes any level of Founders, Phoenix, Clan Invasion Wave1 and 2 packages, or a la carte mechs. Eligible players will receive an exclusive new Atlas variant - the AS7-S - decked out with a custom paint job, along with a 30% C-bill Bonus and a free Mechbay

Top Tier Reward
This reward is for anyone who purchased a Top Tier Package in any of our pre-order programs. Eligible players will receive an exclusive new King Crab Assault Mech decked out with a custom paint job, along with a 30% C-bill Bonus and a free Mechbay

Ultimate Clan Reward
This reward is for players who purchased a Masakari Clan Invasion package and the Wave 2 Man-o-War package. Eligible players will receive an exclusive new Invasion Mad Dog Mech with custom Invasion paint job and unique geometry, along with a 30% C-bill Bonus, 2 additional Mad Dog standard variants and 3 Mechbays

http://mwomercs.com/...ciation-rewards

On February 27th Piranha Games will be celebrating its 15-year anniversary! To commemorate the occasion we're making the MechWarrior Online 1 Year Anniversary Reward 'Mechs available once again, each with their own Mech Bay, Custom Skin, and 30% C-Bill Boost!
  • King Crab KGC-000(L)
  • Atlas AS7-S(L)
  • Centurion CN9-AH(L)

The purchase of any Top Tier Package made between December 16th 2014 at 12:01 AM PST and February 28th 2015 at 11:59:59 PM PST, whether it’s Clan Wave I/II, Resistance, or UrbanMech, will make you eligible to receive all three of the Reward ‘Mechs!
If you already received one or more of the Reward ‘Mechs as a result of a Top Tier Package purchase made prior to December 16th 2014 at 12:01 AM PST, the purchase of any additional Top Tier Packages between December 16th 2014 at 12:01 AM PST and February 28th 2015 at 11:59:59 PM PST will make you eligible to receive an additional duplicate of your Reward ‘Mech(s).
The following Packages qualify as Top Tier Packages: THAT MEANS EVEN TWO YEARS AGO PGI CONSIDERED THE $40 URBANMECH COLLECTORS PACK AS BEING EQUAL TO THE $240 CLAN WAVE I PACK TO QUALIFY FOR THE TOP TIER PACKAGE REWARDS !!! THEY'RE NOT DOING ANYTHING DIFFERENT FOR THIS YEAR THREE LOYALTY REWARDS. SO STOP COMPLAINING BEFORE THEY DECIDE TO TAKE IT AWAY AND PUNISH THE WHOLE COMMUNITY BECAUSE A FEW SELF-IMPORTANT PRIVILEGED SOULS ON THE FORUMS DECIDED TO BE CRY BABIES.

Edited by Dee Eight, 13 August 2016 - 01:43 PM.

#325 Teslacoil

• PipPipPip
  • Star Colonel
  • Star Colonel
  • 90 posts

Posted 13 August 2016 - 01:56 PM

PGI's fingers are in our wallets. Get your finger out of my *** wallet!

#326 Dee Eight

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 13 August 2016 - 02:21 PM

View PostScarecrowES, on 13 August 2016 - 01:33 PM, said:

This isn't a "thanks for taking one for the team" prize. It's a customer loyalty reward. Specifically, it is a reward for purchasing top-tier content. The collector's packs are not top-tier content. They're middle-to-low tier content. There are 3 package types that are higher than the collector's pack.

Its amusing you lecture people about what is "top-tier" when you were actually here when they did the year 1 rewards and at the time, the urbie collectors pack...$40....was considered top tier by PGI. And since the Urbie collectors being top tier, they have simply maintained that with all subsequent single-mech model collector's packs, except now for $40 you get 3 basic variants and the special instead of 2 and the special as with the urbie. So the value has gone up as well. Hero add-on and reinforcements add-on to a basic pack does NOT make it a top tier pack for the mech model.

#327 Ace Selin

• 2,534 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 13 August 2016 - 03:33 PM

View PostDee Eight, on 13 August 2016 - 01:38 PM, said:

THAT MEANS EVEN TWO YEARS AGO PGI CONSIDERED THE $40 URBANMECH COLLECTORS PACK AS BEING EQUAL TO THE $240 CLAN WAVE I PACK TO QUALIFY FOR THE TOP TIER PACKAGE REWARDS !!!

Yet the year after it wasn't deemed equal to a $240 pack as the Urbanmech Collector pack no longer qualified for the top tier loyalty mech. My thoughts on why it did the first year; to sell more of them.

View PostDee Eight, on 13 August 2016 - 02:21 PM, said:

Its amusing you lecture people about what is "top-tier" when you were actually here when they did the year 1 rewards and at the time, the urbie collectors pack...$40....was considered top tier by PGI. And since the Urbie collectors being top tier, they have simply maintained that with all subsequent single-mech model collector's packs, except now for $40 you get 3 basic variants and the special instead of 2 and the special as with the urbie. So the value has gone up as well. Hero add-on and reinforcements add-on to a basic pack does NOT make it a top tier pack for the mech model.

Just to clarify the Urbanmech Collector pack does infact come with 4 mechs, 3 non cbill variants and a 4th [UMR63] duplicate variant with 30% cbills.

Initially the Collector pack was only meant to have 3 mechs (2 non cbill variants and a 3rd variant [UMR63] with 30% cbills), but due to many people upgrading from Standard pack to Collector it meant having to take away the standard UMR63 variant and then injecting the cbill variant. PGI stated this added extra work for them so they added the duplicate mech so they only had to inject the cbill variant (not take one UMR63 mech away as well) if people chose to upgrade. Hence the Collectors packs as we know them today.

The Urbanmech sale page is wrong and has never been updated despite the above change occurring a long time ago.

Edited by Ace Selin, 13 August 2016 - 03:38 PM.

#328 RAM

• The Resolute
  • The Resolute
  • 2,019 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 13 August 2016 - 03:43 PM

View PostDee Eight, on 13 August 2016 - 02:21 PM, said:

What is actually amusing is just how wrong you are. Your entire paragraph is riddled with errors making what you try to pass off as 'analysis' fundamentally flawed.

The 2014 Appreciation Program did not include the Urbanmech; the Urbanmech launched in Jan 2015.

The Urbanmech Pack went live with the 3 basic and 1 Cbill variants.

The Urbanmech Collector counted as a full 'top-tier' initially but has since been downgraded to half 'top-tier'. NB the UM pack has neither hero nor reinforcements...

Paying more for less is the exact opposite of "the value has gone up".

For someone that has barely been around since coffee break, you should probably stop embarrassing yourself.

RAM
ELH

#329 Tiantara

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 815 posts

Posted 13 August 2016 - 03:48 PM

- Cool!! I can't wait till date when new mech arrived! I want try them in game, and even buy addition chassis to master them! Wow... that a great gift! ^_^

#330 ScarecrowES

• Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 2,812 posts
  • LocationDefending the Cordon, Arc-Royal

Posted 13 August 2016 - 03:48 PM

View PostAce Selin, on 13 August 2016 - 03:33 PM, said:

Yet the year after it wasn't deemed equal to a $240 pack as the Urbanmech Collector pack no longer qualified for the top tier loyalty mech. My thoughts on why it did the first year; to sell more of them.

Just to clarify the Urbanmech Collector pack does infact come with 4 mechs, 3 non cbill variants and a 4th [UMR63] duplicate variant with 30% cbills.

Initially the Collector pack was only meant to have 3 mechs (2 non cbill variants and a 3rd variant [UMR63] with 30% cbills), but due to many people upgrading from Standard pack to Collector it meant having to take away the standard UMR63 variant and then injecting the cbill variant. PGI stated this added extra work for them so they added the duplicate mech so they only had to inject the cbill variant (not take one UMR63 mech away as well) if people chose to upgrade. Hence the Collectors packs as we know them today.

The Urbanmech sale page is wrong and has never been updated despite the above change occurring a long time ago.

And moreover, the single chassis release model, which was non-existent before the Urbanmech, has changed a lot since then. With the current sales model, the collector's pack is no longer the top tier of a single chassis pack. The ultimate pack is - which includes the collector's pack, reinforcements, and hero packs. Currently, the collector's pack is not even in the top HALF of mech pack tiers.

As I had argued much earlier in the thread, PGI fails to keep pace with its own release models. The collector's packs are low-tier purchases, only one step up from the standard pack. There are a full 3 types of packs that cost more.

Including the collector's pack may be a mistake on PGI's part - where it should have been the ultimate pack, which is equivalent in level to the top tier of wave packs. But they opened that door. Now they have to deal with the fact that there are 3 packs at a higher tier than the collector's pack, and one of them currently does not count toward the rewards.

#331 MovinTarget

• Field Marshal
  • Field Marshal
  • 3,831 posts
  • LocationGreen Acres

Posted 13 August 2016 - 04:07 PM

Welp cats out of the bag now. Its too late for them to modify it to be collectors pack *or* hero (where applicable) b/c all the people that ran out and upgraded their packs to collectors solely to qualify for the loyalty mechs will be dang mad if they paid for things unnecessarily.

Suffice to say, they'll think a bit more about how to qualify people in the future if they keep this model...

...or they might just stop altogether if it becomes too much of a headache to give out free stuff.

#332 Domoneky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,672 posts
  • LocationOn The Map

Posted 13 August 2016 - 04:10 PM

Posted Image

#333 Sagamore

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blood Bound
  • The Blood Bound
  • 930 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 13 August 2016 - 04:22 PM

View PostDee Eight, on 13 August 2016 - 01:38 PM, said:

SO STOP COMPLAINING BEFORE THEY DECIDE TO TAKE IT AWAY AND PUNISH THE WHOLE COMMUNITY BECAUSE A FEW SELF-IMPORTANT PRIVILEGED SOULS ON THE FORUMS DECIDED TO BE CRY BABIES.

It's human psychology. It reminds me of the ultimatum game experiment: https://en.m.wikiped.../Ultimatum_game

Player A is given money to divide between himself and player B however he chooses. Player B can accept or reject the offer. If player B rejects, neither player gets anything.

Psychology would rather everyone get nothing than for someone to get more than their fair share.

#334 Carimm Wolf

• PipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 37 posts
  • LocationNorth West Indiana

Posted 13 August 2016 - 04:23 PM

So it says im not eligible for top tier IS and top tier clan yet I should be... I have the Resistance I and II, Warhammer, Marauder, and Phoenix Hawk full reinforcement packs for my IS tier reward and Full Origins IIC pack for my clan top tier reward. So why does it say im not eligible?

#335 MovinTarget

• Field Marshal
  • Field Marshal
  • 3,831 posts
  • LocationGreen Acres

Posted 13 August 2016 - 04:39 PM

View PostCarimm Wolf, on 13 August 2016 - 04:23 PM, said:

So it says im not eligible for top tier IS and top tier clan yet I should be... I have the Resistance I and II, Warhammer, Marauder, and Phoenix Hawk full reinforcement packs for my IS tier reward and Full Origins IIC pack for my clan top tier reward. So why does it say im not eligible?

Check your email and make sure they were purchased after october 6th, 2015,

My Marauder and Resistance I & II bother were purchased prior to 10/6/15 so they didn't qualify for me...

When you say Phoenix Hawk full reinforcement, did you get the collectors option? if not it does not qualify.

Edited by MovinTarget, 13 August 2016 - 04:43 PM.

#336 Carimm Wolf

• PipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 37 posts
  • LocationNorth West Indiana

Posted 13 August 2016 - 04:50 PM

View PostMovinTarget, on 13 August 2016 - 04:39 PM, said:

Check your email and make sure they were purchased after october 6th, 2015,

My Marauder and Resistance I & II bother were purchased prior to 10/6/15 so they didn't qualify for me...

When you say Phoenix Hawk full reinforcement, did you get the collectors option? if not it does not qualify.

Hmm maybe for the Reinforcement I/II packs but Phoenix hawk pack was the "Ultimate Pack" for $85. And for clan it was Highlander IIC pack. I know one other person from my old unit is having this issue and I have sent an email to get this resolved. Thanks for the feed back.

#337 LordLosh

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blood-Eye
  • The Blood-Eye
  • 409 posts

Posted 13 August 2016 - 04:56 PM

I guess i didn't make IS ultimate qualification even tho I bought the following:
Guaranteed I spent more then 2 top tier or collector packs..... WTF?
  • Marauder with hero
  • War-hammer with hero
  • Collector Cyclops ***
  • Urban mech pack
  • Black Knight and Mauler single packages
  • Resistance pack 1
I guess ill hope i will like the next IS mech you release but hard on me to give you more money. You need to pick a value limit on money spent per IS per Clan side and stick to that or overall money spent to earn these rewards. I feel bad for some one that spends hundreds on straight MC to play the game how they want to play it and gets a slap in the face with one reward considering they might have spent far more then others that just buy a package.... Not saying just sayin.

#338 Hemholtz

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Phoenix
  • The Phoenix
  • 113 posts

Posted 13 August 2016 - 05:27 PM

View PostCarimm Wolf, on 13 August 2016 - 04:50 PM, said:

Hmm maybe for the Reinforcement I/II packs but Phoenix hawk pack was the "Ultimate Pack" for $85. And for clan it was Highlander IIC pack. I know one other person from my old unit is having this issue and I have sent an email to get this resolved. Thanks for the feed back.

Phoenix hawk is counted. If you bought anything from Archer pack onwards, they will be counted for the IS rewards as Archer is in the eligibility period. You're just missing 1 more collection pack for IS.

The Highlander IIC Origins pack was released before the eligibility period...so depending on WHEN you bought it, it may not count.

View PostLordLosh, on 13 August 2016 - 04:56 PM, said:

I guess i didn't make IS ultimate qualification even tho I bought the following:
Guaranteed I spent more then 2 top tier or collector packs..... WTF?
  • Marauder with hero
  • War-hammer with hero
  • Collector Cyclops ***
  • Urban mech pack
  • Black Knight and Mauler single packages
  • Resistance pack 1

Same thing...Cyclops is within the eligibility period. The others were released before the Oct 2015. So unless you bought those packs after Oct 2015, they don't count.

Also they chose the "collector's pack" requirement....which is kinda dumb when people with standard + hero + reinforcement pay more but eh...someone in higher up probably had a brain fart...even I didn't realise the standard/hero/reinforcement paid more than just collectors until someone pointed it out.

View PostLordLosh, on 13 August 2016 - 04:56 PM, said:

You need to pick a value limit on money spent per IS per Clan side and stick to that or overall money spent to earn these rewards. I feel bad for some one that spends hundreds on straight MC to play the game how they want to play it and gets a slap in the face with one reward considering they might have spent far more then others that just buy a package....

That's probably gonna open a whole different can of worms...giving rewards based on how much they spent overall....they have to take into account refunds (when people bought MC just before the MC sale went live), etc. Also, we might end up with a unique decal with just the words "BLING!" on it that can never be purchased.

Edited by Hemholtz, 13 August 2016 - 05:42 PM.

#339 LordLosh

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blood-Eye
  • The Blood-Eye
  • 409 posts

Posted 13 August 2016 - 06:14 PM

I know the dates are probably off for me on a few. I just don't think math is that hard
(20+15+20+15) +70 = 140
The 140 is the "Magic" number they came up with on 2 collector packs so why am I and many others getting left out?
not to mention the single Mauler and Black knight purchases they I'm pretty sure where after October.

#340 DoomRide

• PipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 30 posts

Posted 13 August 2016 - 06:41 PM

I have to apologize, this 3 year anniversary isn't about the three years MWO has been around, it's about those who helped pay for the last year 2015 to 2016. I was under the impression that the rewards had been for all, but that was not correct. So founders are forgotten, but it doesn't matter as it's only about the last year, not the three years. My fault for misreading what was being celebrated.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users