2016 Customer Appreciation Rewards Program!

819 replies to this topic

#301 Juodas Varnas

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,534 posts
  • LocationGrand Duchy of Lithuania

Posted 13 August 2016 - 06:59 AM

View PostHydrothermia, on 13 August 2016 - 06:57 AM, said:

Last years Appreciation Rewards mechs can use the other camo, but it still had the hex texture. I'm just making sure it will actually look like the regular camo patterns...

View PostInnerSphereNews, on 11 August 2016 - 05:47 PM, said:

• This years 'Mechs do not feature the same underlying cosmetic Armor Pattern seen on the the 2015 'Mechs. They feature a unique, standard Pattern instead.

Does this answer your concerns?

#302 Hydrothermia

• PipPip
  • The Predator
  • The Predator
  • 43 posts

Posted 13 August 2016 - 07:00 AM

View PostJuodas Varnas, on 13 August 2016 - 06:59 AM, said:

Does this answer your concerns?

lol, I had just found it after I posted this. I'm really tired, maybe I need to be more conscious when I'm posting on a forum.

Edited by Hydrothermia, 13 August 2016 - 07:01 AM.

#303 paws2sky

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 167 posts

Posted 13 August 2016 - 07:01 AM

View PostRhialto, on 13 August 2016 - 06:56 AM, said:

That same Stalker will be available later, right? No (L) next to the name and no special camo, right? I think that will be it then.

As I understand it, yes. Just like they have released last year's variants (via the gift store, if I recall correctly). No special pattern. No "(L)" designation. Looks like about an 7-8 month wait time, but that's just an estimate on my part.

-paws

#304 Rhialto

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 2,084 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationQuébec, QC - CANADA

Posted 13 August 2016 - 07:05 AM

View Postpaws2sky, on 13 August 2016 - 07:01 AM, said:

As I understand it, yes. Just like they have released last year's variants (via the gift store, if I recall correctly). No special pattern. No "(L)" designation. Looks like about an 7-8 month wait time, but that's just an estimate on my part.

-paws

You mean only or too?

#305 GathFox

Rookie

• The Ominous
  • The Ominous
  • 1 posts

Posted 13 August 2016 - 07:05 AM

I have purchased an upgrade to my IS Resistance 2 pack yet the content section of my profile says i still don't qualify for the top tier of low tier reward. Is upgrading my pack not enough to qualify since i bought the initial crab pack last year or is there just a delay in my content page updating. It has not been 24 hours since purchasing so it may just be a delay. I'm hoping that if this is a bug you guys will nip it in the butt swiftly or elaborate on the qualification page.

#306 Dee Eight

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 13 August 2016 - 07:06 AM

They were released with the july patch, so the 2016 loyalties release july 2017 in plain disloyal person varieties. I bought the masc wolverine and the nova's omnipod.

Edited by Dee Eight, 13 August 2016 - 07:07 AM.

#307 Rhialto

• Philanthropist
  • 2,084 posts
  • LocationQuébec, QC - CANADA

Posted 13 August 2016 - 07:07 AM

View PostGathFox, on 13 August 2016 - 07:05 AM, said:

It has not been 24 hours since purchasing so it may just be a delay.

This. Alex already said this to someone else.

#308 AnimeFreak40K

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Defiant
  • The Defiant
  • 455 posts
  • LocationSomewhere between the State of Confusion and the State of Insanity.

Posted 13 August 2016 - 07:40 AM

I dunno, it seems to me that the pattern of availability/reward is approximately the same
2014 & 2015 Top-Tier Reward (Clan or IS): Purchase the Top Tier of any collection presently available. Regardless of when that collection was released, if you get the top tier during the purchase window, you qualify for the top-tier.
2016 Top-Tier Reward (Clan or IS): Exactly as it was in the past... with the added modifier of the getting 2 Collector's Packs, because they weren't available back then. Why Collector's? Because that's the highest tier! Remember, Heroes and Reinforcements are add-ons!

As far as the single Mech Pack thing goes, it seems to me that this is a logical evolution of PGI listening to, well, their customers. All the way back in Clan Wave I days, people were grousing about the price of the Clan Mechs, or that they had to spend a stupid amount of money to get the mechs that they wanted or something else. Oh, and there were complaints about how long it took for a collection to be put together as well. Either way, by and large, folks weren't satisfied with how releases and stuff were being done.

...hence the shift to the packs they have now.

Frankly, I would *love* to see the prior Mech Collections repackaged to reflect how things are done now. Even if only to provide new folks with a cost-effective way of getting the mech that they want with some decent add-on rewards as well.

#309 pacifica812

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 310 posts
  • LocationAt home, at work, or on the stage... mostly

Posted 13 August 2016 - 07:55 AM

First of all a very hot hello from my summer Croatian vacation :) And second: PGI thanx for the free stuff that's coming up in October :) Yeah free stuff is always great, I for one won't complain about reward tiers, as I wasn't thinking about them at the time of purchase. Thanx again, looking fwd to smashing some mechs when I get back. 'Till then hf gh :)

#310 RickDiasPK

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 134 posts

Posted 13 August 2016 - 07:57 AM

View PostGhostNemesys, on 13 August 2016 - 01:29 AM, said:

What is wrong with all of you? You are getting free stuff but you still whine and want more... PGI is not obliged to do any of that. Be happy for what you get.

Nothing is wrong with me.

They came up with an ill-named cash grab that appears to be calculated to pressure people into buying even more content. If you want to call it 'customer appreciation', then appreciate the customers. The store I work for figured this out quite well. We have an annual 'customer appreciation sale' where if you show up, you get a free slice of cake, a drink, and a special bag to put merchandise in; anything that fully fits within the bag (excepting a few categories of items) is 50% off that day only.

It reams our profits because we wind up selling tons of items basically at cost, but we generate so much good-will from it that it pays off a few weeks later when some of our spring/summer merchandise rolls in. People show up in swarms (very polite and well-behaved swarms, admittedly) to snatch the stuff up, and we generate tremendous profit at that point along with fantastic word-of-mouth about how good a store we are.

We do that with physical inventory. Why PGI can't be generous to so-called 'appreciated customers' with virtual inventory is beyond me.

There is nothing wrong with us. We're calling PGI out on a poorly named sales event, and pointing out that customers that spent far less are getting far more out of it than some of us who went the extra mile to really support the game. We're rightfully upset customers who are letting the business know this is hurting our purchasing decisions. That's called flexing your personal interests, rather than letting a company do really ill-considered promotions like this without some kind of feedback.

If you're happy with getting less for more, great. Do not talk down on those of us who feel otherwise. What PGI is doing here is insulting our intelligence. ...Which admittedly, I personally deserve because I blew $200 in a year on a MMO and that does reveal me to be some kind of idiot, but... I'd at least like to be a well-treated idiot in return.

#311 Tom Sawyer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 1,384 posts
  • LocationOn your 6

Posted 13 August 2016 - 08:22 AM

View PostAppogee, on 13 August 2016 - 06:19 AM, said:

I hope PGI can handle the reduced cash flow that will arise from some of us not pre-purchasing any packs in July-August-September, then.

It would make more sense for PGI as a business to just give their paying customers the rewards and put us back in a happy frame of mind, rather than letting those paying customers feeling just a bit disappointed and swindled.

It's only pixels, after all. They're not forgoing any cost or lost revenue to broaden the sphincter a little.

I agree. Simply add a clause and if you spent more than X from A to Z then you get this. If you bought a top tier then you Don't get both. So it rewards cash spenders, and pack buyers

#312 latinisator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 565 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 13 August 2016 - 08:24 AM

Thank you PGI, for the FREE STUFF THAT YOU DID NOT HAVE TO GIVE AWAY BUT DO SO ANYWAYS. <3

However, I think there should be a monetary tier structure, as some have said. If you bought 4 basic Mech packs for IS or Clan, you should also qualify as if you had bought 2 collector packs, for the cash is the same. Or make it 1 Collector and 2 basics.

Edit: Saying this as someone who qualified for all the free stuff.

Edited by latinisator, 13 August 2016 - 08:25 AM.

#313 Navid A1

• CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • 4,932 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 13 August 2016 - 08:38 AM

To special snow flakes defending this reward model and freaking out when they see someone complaining:

People who are complaining have a goal. They want something out of it.

Now I ask you... what is your goal? feeling special?... receiving PGI treatment?
Don't worry, people who complain are not going to annoy PGI and they are no going to take your toys away. Have fun with what you will get and be done with it.

Its not complaining about free stuff (you guys particularly have problems understanding this part). PGI is entitled to gift anyone they like, and no one can tell them to do otherwise.
Yet this reward model has left a bad taste for many customers.
Introducing long requested mechs as a carrot in front of people to push them to buy overpriced stuff... most of them the ones who regularly buy mechs and support PGI, pack after pack after pack!

PGI wants to play this way?...pushing for more money out of whales?... fine... at least I know where my money is not going in 2017.

#314 Jay Leon Hart

• The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 4,669 posts

Posted 13 August 2016 - 08:39 AM

$80 on 2 Collector's Packs (except Urbie) = 8 'mechs
$80 on 4 Standard Packs = 12 'mechs

Add in the Appreciation 'mechs for;

$80 on 2 Collector's Packs (except Urbie) = 8 'mechs + 2 'mechs = 10 'mechs
$80 on 4 Standard Packs = 12 'mechs + 1 'mech = 13 'mechs

So you still get more 'mechs for your $80 buying Standard Packs than you do buying Collector's. It's a choice at this point, which 'mechs do you want? 5 different chassis with 4x Standard, or 4 different chassis with 2x Collector's?

#315 Alilua

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 362 posts

Posted 13 August 2016 - 08:44 AM

I am a tad suprised they did not single out the people who bought the ultimate pack on their offerings. (the ones with heros and extra mechs) Other than that it's better than nothing.

#316 Suzano

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 1,416 posts

Posted 13 August 2016 - 09:17 AM

another ********-concept from pgi... no, thanks.

#317 ScarecrowES

• Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 2,812 posts
  • LocationDefending the Cordon, Arc-Royal

Posted 13 August 2016 - 09:19 AM

View PostJay Leon Hart, on 13 August 2016 - 08:39 AM, said:

$80 on 2 Collector's Packs (except Urbie) = 8 'mechs
$80 on 4 Standard Packs = 12 'mechs

Add in the Appreciation 'mechs for;

$80 on 2 Collector's Packs (except Urbie) = 8 'mechs + 2 'mechs = 10 'mechs
$80 on 4 Standard Packs = 12 'mechs + 1 'mech = 13 'mechs

So you still get more 'mechs for your $80 buying Standard Packs than you do buying Collector's. It's a choice at this point, which 'mechs do you want? 5 different chassis with 4x Standard, or 4 different chassis with 2x Collector's?

What about spending $50 on a single chassis - standard + reinforcements + hero? That's a higher-tier package than the collector's package, but it doesn't count. It's a glaring oversight by PGI. In fact, as I've already pointed out, the collector's pack is actually one of the cheapest packs you can buy. It's not even in the top half of tiers for single-chassis packs. If the goal is to reward players for their higher-level purchases, then to not include purchases of packs at a higher tier than collector's (there are 3) is a problem.

#318 MovinTarget

• Field Marshal
  • Field Marshal
  • 3,831 posts
  • LocationGreen Acres

Posted 13 August 2016 - 09:21 AM

View PostSuzano, on 13 August 2016 - 09:17 AM, said:

another ********-concept from pgi... no, thanks.

Lol you don't *have* to do anything. I bet the amount of "catchup" sales they make b/c people want to qualify probably pales in comparison to the amount paid before there was even an announcement about what it takes to qualify.

#319 RickDiasPK

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 134 posts

Posted 13 August 2016 - 09:29 AM

View PostJay Leon Hart, on 13 August 2016 - 08:39 AM, said:

(Math on packages)

Your math is sound, but overlooks one thing: The fewer Mechs are of a 'higher quality'; they gain CBill bonuses and often have some other modest advantage in play. Therefore they should be seen as equal to the greater number of Mechs.

#320 Jay Leon Hart

• The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 4,669 posts

Posted 13 August 2016 - 09:36 AM

View PostScarecrowES, on 13 August 2016 - 09:19 AM, said:

What about spending $50 on a single chassis - standard + reinforcements + hero? That's a higher-tier package than the collector's package, but it doesn't count. It's a glaring oversight by PGI. In fact, as I've already pointed out, the collector's pack is actually one of the cheapest packs you can buy. It's not even in the top half of tiers for single-chassis packs. If the goal is to reward players for their higher-level purchases, then to not include purchases of packs at a higher tier than collector's (there are 3) is a problem.

So $50 for 6 'mechs vs $40 for 4 'mechs
$100 for 12 'mechs vs $80 for 8 'mechs to qualify
$100 for 13 'mechs of 3 chassis vs $80 for 10 'mechs of 4 chassis after bonuses

~$7.70 per 'mech vs $8 per 'mech - still better 'mech value to buy Standard and not Collector's, even with the reward 'mechs

The extra $20 for a Collector's only gives 1 extra 'mech and it's not even a new one, vs getting a Hero or 2 new variants instead for $5 less

The Collector's Pack is probably the worst value for money, so now it gets the bonus of qualifying for free 'mechs

16 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 16 guests, 0 anonymous users