2016 Customer Appreciation Rewards Program!

819 replies to this topic

#281 Dee Eight

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 13 August 2016 - 02:26 AM

When did you buy Origins IIC? If it was before October 6th last year, it already qualified for last year's rewards.

from last year's loyalty program announcement...
"
  • Eligible Collections (any Collection tier or A La Carte 'Mech): Wave 1; Wave 2; Wave 3; Origins IIC.
  • This Nova Loyalty Variant will only be available through the Clan Reward program, and will be injected into eligible accounts on a date to be determined. The Standard version of this Nova variant will be available for MC and C-Bills at a future date, to be determined.

http://mwomercs.com/...ewards-program/

#282 WildeKarde

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Corsair
  • The Corsair
  • 487 posts

Posted 13 August 2016 - 02:40 AM

I do agree with some of the comments here that the collector's packs isn't supporting the buyers who spent more on the hero and reinforcement packs, their contribution is totally discounted as nothing beyond the standard pack buyers.

For myself don't qualify for either top tier pack despite all the packs I have pre ordered. I was going t buy the maulers by upping the R2 pack I had prior to the rewards being announced (mainly for getting the bays and premium time with that) so I will get the top tier IS.

For the clans top tier I don't think I'm that much of a fan of any they have released or announced that I would buy the collector's packs purely for the mechs they give. I suppose the only justification I could make for buying the would be I'm buying the 30 days premium time, just happens to have a mech come with it.

#283 Appogee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts
  • LocationOn planet Tukayyid, celebrating victory

Posted 13 August 2016 - 03:14 AM

View PostAlexander Garden, on 12 August 2016 - 05:00 PM, said:

Alternatively you can also qualify for Top-Tier by acquiring the highest tier from one of the Packs listed in the original post (Origins IIC Highlander for Clan Top-Tier, for example).

I bought the Origins IIC Highlander Pack but still don't qualify for the Clan Top Tier Reward.

Perhaps I bought it before October 2015. But it doesn't seem very fair to be excluded from the loyalty awards because I gave PGI money for the top pack early. Note that I had already qualified for last year's loyalty program from buying other qualifying mech packs at that point. So my Highlander IIC Pack purchase wasn't needed for 2015 but still didn't qualify for 2016.

Does PGI really want me to delay buying Mech Packs in future...?

Edited by Appogee, 13 August 2016 - 03:20 AM.

#284 Tank

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,202 posts
  • LocationSelling baguettes in K-Town

Posted 13 August 2016 - 03:28 AM

View PostJavin, on 11 August 2016 - 07:47 PM, said:

I do not remember when I got the Urbanmech.

No one does, but no one regrets. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

#285 Ovion

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 3,182 posts

Posted 13 August 2016 - 03:48 AM

Ultimately:

This years customer appreciation program is making a lot of the people that most regularly spend money, feel unappreciated and not want to spend money.

Last year, buying the top tier of any pack counted (or two of the half-packs - which at the time, Collectors WAS the top tier of).
This year, getting the top tier of a couple of specifics, or getting 2 of what is now the base sidegrade pack gets it.
Those who have bought bigger / bought more are completely unrepresented.

Edited by Ovion, 13 August 2016 - 03:49 AM.

#286 Hades Trooper

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,461 posts
  • LocationWillow Tree, NSW

Posted 13 August 2016 - 04:16 AM

View PostLordLosh, on 11 August 2016 - 06:44 PM, said:

Correct real money.
and yes buying for others should count

No i shouldn't or else only 1 in every 2 people would need to buy stuff.

#287 Dee Eight

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 13 August 2016 - 04:34 AM

View PostOvion, on 13 August 2016 - 03:48 AM, said:

Ultimately:

This years customer appreciation program is making a lot of the people that most regularly spend money, feel unappreciated and not want to spend money.

Last year, buying the top tier of any pack counted (or two of the half-packs - which at the time, Collectors WAS the top tier of).
This year, getting the top tier of a couple of specifics, or getting 2 of what is now the base sidegrade pack gets it.
Those who have bought bigger / bought more are completely unrepresented.

Never confuse a few people on the forums whining about free stuff with 'a lot of people'. The majority of players do NOT use the forums to post at all. Roa Nitrox has been a forum member for 1.5 years and his FIRST post was today, in the mechacon video announcement thread. And comparing this years structure to last years structure is stupid. Its NOT last year any longer. Last year there were, other than the urbanmech, zero single mech model releases. Everything was in sets of four, and the only way to qualify for the top tier prizes was therefore different. This year there's a different format to mech sales, and thus different criteria to be met. PGI can set any criteria they choose. You either follow that criteria now that you know it, or you don't and don't get the extra freebies. They could have also said that because they're giving out $100k in cash prizes at mecha con, that there won't be any loyalty reward program this year. I and MANY other players didn't hinge our purchases this year around a bonus in october.

#288 WarmasterRaptor

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ogre
  • The Ogre
  • 205 posts
  • LocationQuébec - Canada

Posted 13 August 2016 - 04:42 AM

Well, me I thank PGI for thanking me :)

Eligible for all rewards !

Free 'mechs are always nice :D

#289 StUffz

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The All Seeing
  • The All Seeing
  • 485 posts

Posted 13 August 2016 - 04:54 AM

View PostAlexander Garden, on 12 August 2016 - 02:06 PM, said:

The eligibility confirmation page updates once daily at 10AM PDT, so your eligibility status should display correctly once the page refreshes tomorrow morning.
I'll get the page updated with some text explaining that.

I received Top Tier clan reward in 2015 already by having purchased all the Collectors Pack listed. Does this make me for 2016 not eligible because I bought all packages earlier?

#290 Tom Sawyer

• The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 1,384 posts
  • LocationOn your 6

Posted 13 August 2016 - 05:12 AM

@Appogee but then you would not get the early adopter awards. So it comes down to I guess would you like that award or the yearly loyalty award.

#291 Hades Trooper

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,461 posts
  • LocationWillow Tree, NSW

Posted 13 August 2016 - 05:21 AM

Is there any way we can see before hand what we qualify for? For example i forget if i've bought any MC this year

#292 Sgt Minuteman

• PipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 51 posts

Posted 13 August 2016 - 05:26 AM

View PostShuruga, on 12 August 2016 - 03:49 AM, said:

I don't know if it has been brought up before, but it seems that if you were one of those guys that preordered early adopter packages, especially the Warhammer and the Marauder Packages i.e. as soon as they came out, then you just forfeited your eligibility, since the purchases were made prior to October 6, 2015.

=> I think it would be more than fair to include the early adopter time windows for these purchases.

=> Similarly the announcement doesn't state if you have to own different packages or if a single collector pack would qualify you for both the (Faction) and Top Tier (Faction) reward. If it has been answered already, ignore.

P.S. To give an example, I bought all top tier collector packages (wave 1-3, origins) near the earliest preorder date. So this means none (!) of the above packs qualify for the clan top tier reward, and since I only bought the Kodiak pack after the above collector packs, I won't qualify for the top tier reward (I would need another "combination" mech pack). Seriously? I would say the actually loyal players are those that preordered their stuff.

It would have been fair to use the release date for the packs since this is actually the "legal" date when the purchase comes into effect (date of delivery of the goods...)

Absolutely! Same here. Bought marauder Collection 21 days too early to qualify because i was an "early Adopter". I emailed PGI about this. You said it better than I so maybe e-mail them or contact Russ on Twitter since that seems the only way they listen...

View PostDoomRide, on 12 August 2016 - 08:52 AM, said:

Hey you founders! Remember how you help get the game going? Starting when the game looked nearly hopeless? Guess what? Three year anv we just wanted you to know. We don't give a flip about you! Go buy more of our stuff! Yea not a happy camper. A good reason I don't buy anything from them anymore. IF you say ALL, mean ALL. Don't pick and choose. Thank you for nothing.

I agree and approve of this message!

#293 Dee Eight

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 13 August 2016 - 05:52 AM

View PostStUffz, on 13 August 2016 - 04:54 AM, said:

I received Top Tier clan reward in 2015 already by having purchased all the Collectors Pack listed. Does this make me for 2016 not eligible because I bought all packages earlier?

They've already said that you cannot qualify for TWO prize years from one pack purchase. Stuff that earned you rewards in the 2015 program do not count again in the 2016 program. The 2016 loyalty awards are for people who have supported the game properly since Oct 7th last year. NOT for people who did it before that last year as they were already compensated during last year's program. The forums are filled with people who said they stopped spending money on the game for whatever perceived sleight of PGI and guess what... being left out of rewards is the penalty for that behavior.

#294 Odanan

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,204 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 13 August 2016 - 06:11 AM

View PostHades Trooper, on 13 August 2016 - 05:21 AM, said:

Is there any way we can see before hand what we qualify for? For example i forget if i've bought any MC this year

Yes. The link it's in the OP.

#295 Appogee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts
  • LocationOn planet Tukayyid, celebrating victory

Posted 13 August 2016 - 06:19 AM

View PostTom Sawyer, on 13 August 2016 - 05:12 AM, said:

@Appogee but then you would not get the early adopter awards. So it comes down to I guess would you like that award or the yearly loyalty award.

I hope PGI can handle the reduced cash flow that will arise from some of us not pre-purchasing any packs in July-August-September, then.

It would make more sense for PGI as a business to just give their paying customers the rewards and put us back in a happy frame of mind, rather than letting those paying customers feeling just a bit disappointed and swindled.

It's only pixels, after all. They're not forgoing any cost or lost revenue to broaden the sphincter a little.

#296 Dee Eight

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 13 August 2016 - 06:27 AM

Ten people complaining on the forums isn't going to matter to them ultimately, not when THOUSANDS buy packs, without ever posting on the forums.

#297 JaidenHaze

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Butcher
  • The Butcher
  • 738 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 13 August 2016 - 06:50 AM

View PostStUffz, on 13 August 2016 - 04:54 AM, said:

Yes, if the date of the purchase is prior to the start of this year's dates. You received your loyalty bonus last year.

The only reason why this is included again is, because some people bought it way later without pre-order boni and I really like that PGI included older packs, if they are bought in the right time frame

#298 paws2sky

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 167 posts

Posted 13 August 2016 - 06:52 AM

I've been waiting to see what this would look like this year. That loyalty pattern though. Wow. I think it's permanently seared into my retinas. Posted Image

Blackjack with missiles looks fun. I'll be curious to see what it's quirks will be. Cataphract looks, um, okay, I guess. I'm not a huge fan of the chassis, but free mech. That's cool. And I guess I qualify for a Hellbringer? Uh... sure, why not? I love getting free stuff for doing the things I'd normally do anyway!

And then there's that amazing ECM Stalker. I'm really excited about this one because STK is my favorite assault chassis, bar none. I cannot wait to pilot it. That said... Two collector's packs to qualify? Ouch. Hero mechs and reinforcement packs don't qualify in some way? Double ouch. Posted Image

So now the question becomes: do I buy the the three heroes/reinforcements ($45) that I've been saving for and wait a year for a mech that I really want. Or do I upgrade two of my existing basic packages ($40) to get duplicates with a yawn-worthy c-bill bonus that I'll need to upgrade (minimum 4.5 million c-bills) and be "rewarded" with the mech that I actually want?

I have some time to make up my mind, but right now, it makes no sense for me to buy the Collector's packs. And it makes me want to hold off on the heroes and reinforcements I want too just in case impatience makes me want to change my mind.

-paws

PS yay free stuff!

#299 Rhialto

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 2,084 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationQuébec, QC - CANADA

Posted 13 August 2016 - 06:56 AM

I understand the frustration here... the fact you can spend 500$ and still not qualify. Maybe for the next years they should look into money spent plateau rewards like 20$ spent in last 12 months give you this, 50$ that, and so on with 100$, 200$ etc.

So I was looking at the rewards and I'm interested in the Stalker. Considering I never bought any pack (I sometimes buy to get hero I like and that's it) is my only option to spend 80$ (103$ CAD)? I wish it was 80$ CAD from a Canadian business.

That same Stalker will be available later, right? No (L) next to the name and no special camo, right? I think that will be it then.

#300 Hydrothermia

• PipPip
  • The Predator
  • The Predator
  • 43 posts

Posted 13 August 2016 - 06:57 AM

View PostJuodas Varnas, on 13 August 2016 - 12:08 AM, said:

[/b][/b][/b]
Take the time to read the OP next time, dude.

Last years Appreciation Rewards mechs can use the other camo, but it still had the hex texture. I'm just making sure it will actually look like the regular camo patterns...

15 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 15 guests, 0 anonymous users