2016 Customer Appreciation Rewards Program!

819 replies to this topic

#261 Navid A1

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • 4,932 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 12 August 2016 - 07:55 PM

View PostAlexander Garden, on 12 August 2016 - 01:51 PM, said:

While we understand the perspectives expressed in this thread and elsewhere, the Customer Appreciation reward structure is determined by package tier, not flat dollar value. If the system operated by pure dollar value a single high-value MC purchase could potentially qualify you for every Reward tier, which isn’t in the spirit of how we currently structure the Program.
Wave 1 Masakari is priced higher than the Origins IIC Highlander Collection, but they are both the Top-Tier of their associated Pack and are thus both eligible for the same Reward.
Their equivalency is in their Top-Tier status; not in their dollar value.

The spirit of these Rewards is to show our appreciation for players who acquire different levels of purchasable content. The Top-Tier Inner Sphere and Clan Rewards are intended for players who have acquired either the highest tier of one of the original Packs, or two Collector Packs under the newer Pack systems. The two Collector Pack eligibility condition was an addition we made during last years’ Customer Appreciation Program based on your feedback, and is an addition we carried over to this year.
For players who have acquired Standard Packs, or Standard Packs and Add-Ons, the base Inner Sphere or Clan Reward is offered.

We may examine a more flexible structure for these Programs in the future, but the 2016 Program will remain with its current structure.

To address a separate question, regarding purchases of content shortly before the start of this years’ eligibility period, those purchases would have qualified for their associated Rewards from the 2015 Customer Appreciation Program. They do not apply again to the 2016 Program.

Alex, that worked at the time you only had 1 (or 2) single chassis packs. So it made sense back then.

Now you have 10+ single chassis packs. with the current structure, one can easily exceed the top tier mark in money value than it is required to purchase 2 top packs.

Please reconsider your reward eligibility in 2017.
I've been constantly supporting PGI through the years, easily exceeding the amount needed for all of these rewards in 2016 but this has made me doubtful if i'm ever gonna pre-order anything else.

#262 Wing 0

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 815 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 12 August 2016 - 08:00 PM

This Loyalty Program Year 3 list don't tell jack **** on what anyone is missing PGI. There are packs you guys put In there that says they qualified for but something seems wrong. Please fix that Page. give us a list of packs that are needed. not this ******** looking crap.

#263 Ace Selin

• 2,534 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 12 August 2016 - 08:04 PM

View PostProsperity Park, on 12 August 2016 - 07:27 PM, said:

stuff

The Issue is

Person A spends $40 + $40 = $80 gets a Top Tier reward.

Person B spends $20 & 15 + $20 & $15 + $20 + $20 = $110 does NOT get a Top Tier reward yet spent more money - how was person B to know beforehand the specific method PGI wants this money spent. Person B would rightly be annoyed imo.

#264 Cy Mitchell

• The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 2,688 posts

Posted 12 August 2016 - 08:13 PM

Person B cannot know. What it comes down to is that the Blackjack, Hellbringer and Cataphract are the Customer Appreciation Awards.

The Summoners and the Stalker are just incentives to get customers to buy the unpopular Collectors Packs. IMO, they should have just been plainly announced as such. It is a marketing strategy; nothing more, nothing less. I misinterpreted them as part of the Customer Appreciation awards and thought that they were to recognize Top Tier Customers.

I do appreciate the Hellbringer and look forward to some new builds using it.

Edited after sleeping on it.

Edited by Rampage, 13 August 2016 - 03:21 AM.

#265 RickDiasPK

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 134 posts

Posted 12 August 2016 - 09:26 PM

View PostAce Selin, on 12 August 2016 - 08:04 PM, said:

The Issue is

Person A spends $40 + $40 = $80 gets a Top Tier reward.

Person B spends $20 & 15 + $20 & $15 + $20 + $20 = $110 does NOT get a Top Tier reward yet spent more money - how was person B to know beforehand the specific method PGI wants this money spent. Person B would rightly be annoyed imo.

Speaking as a Person B who has spent notably more than $110, I am more than 'annoyed.'

I am angry. I feel cheated and unappreciated. I remember when MMO companies treat me far worse than they do someone who paid notably less than I did, and I close my wallet to them when it happens.

Let me say this more calmly to any PGI reps still in this thread: Please award me a STK-3Fb 'Loyalty type' Stalker. I think I have proven I am quite a loyal customer, to the tune of significant money. Please review my account activity and you will see this is the case. I have spent more than the $80 one would need to get it. Far, far more. Around TRIPLE what one would need if they had been focusing solely on the Stalker award.

I'm not asking for both the Summoners and the Stalker. I just want the STK. Please Appreciate Me As A Customer.

#266 -Ramrod-

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 690 posts
  • LocationSome place

Posted 12 August 2016 - 09:51 PM

PGI doesn't HAVE to do anything of this you know...

#267 RAM

• The Resolute
  • The Resolute
  • 2,019 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 12 August 2016 - 09:56 PM

View PostInnerSphereNews, on 11 August 2016 - 05:47 PM, said:

OR you must have purchased any Steam Performance Bundle** (Light, Medium, Heavy, or Assault).
**Steam Performance Bundles purchased after October 18th 2016 at 10:00 AM PDT will not count toward the 2017 Customer Appreciation Program, due to limitations with how Steam Performance Bundles are tracked.

Posted Image

Eligibility Conditions

You must have purchased any tier of any Inner Sphere Collection* (or any Inner Sphere a la carte 'Mech**) since October 6th 2015 at 10:01 AM PDT (5:01 PM UTC).

Posted Image

Eligibility Conditions

You must have purchased any tier of any Clan Collection* (or any Clan a la carte 'Mech**) since October 6th 2015 at 10:01 AM PDT (5:01 PM UTC).

Quite clearly the Steam Performance Packs should qualify for both the IS & Clan rewards. Doubly so since apparently future purchases will not qualify for subsequent Appreciation Programs; that said you should probably just get that problem fixed...

Indeed, purchasing all the Performance Packs more than qualifies for both IS & Clan top-tier rewards as well.

RAM
ELH

#268 ScarecrowES

• Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 2,812 posts
  • LocationDefending the Cordon, Arc-Royal

Posted 12 August 2016 - 10:21 PM

View PostProsperity Park, on 12 August 2016 - 07:27 PM, said:

The Loyalty Program rewards people who have purchased certain tiers of material.

If you do not understand the free-to-play game model then you will not understand thier purchasing system and the associated Rewards. A free player invests in the game by giving their time to the game. Their presence in the matchmaking queue reduces wait times for all the paying players and that's how a free player contributes to a free-to-play game.

A paying player can pay for economy packages or they can pay for premium packages. The economy provide the developer with some money and in return they allow that player to play less time on the servers and receive material instead of earning it (this translates to reduction of the grind).

Premium packages may seem overpriced but the developer gets extremely profitable funds from premium packages while not sacrificing as many player hours from their server in order to deliver this material compared to an equal amount of money drawn from economy packages. Because the premium packages aremore profitable PGI is rewarding their premium customers with rewards that are unavailable to economy customers. It doesn't matter if the economy customer purchase many economy packages because PGI is rewarding the purchase of Premium packages.

You have to understand that "PlayerHours" are essentially a form of currency, or rather a tradable comodity, for F2P game devs.

Sorry, this reasoning makes no sense.

You have to merely purchase 2 collectors packs at $40 each to get the top tier reward. Firstly, I need to point out that the collector's packs are just upgraded standard packs and are not the top tier pack for single mech pack purchases. The ultimate pack is top tier at $70 a piece. The next highest tier would be buying the standard, reinforcements, and hero packs at $50. Or you can have the collector's pack and one add-on at $55, or a standard and add-on at $35. And so on.

PGI is NOT rewarding top tier purchases. In no way does the collector package for single mech packs qualify as a top tier package. At best, it is a middle-tier package. There are a full 3 packages in the single-chassis mech packs that are actually MORE expensive than the collector's pack, and only 2 cheaper ones.

PGI is rewarding an arbitrarily chosen pack type which sits in the mid-to-low tier of purchases. It's that simple.

My 5 mech pack purchases this year will all be $50 packages - standard, reinforcements, and hero. Every package I will have purchased is in a higher tier than the one required. $50 is more than $40. And 5 is more than 2.

So, in my case at least, this is complete and total bull****.

Merely updating the requirement to consider both collectors packs AND any higher-tier purchase... rather than JUST collectors packs would be enough to fix the problem for me.

Edited by ScarecrowES, 12 August 2016 - 11:19 PM.

#269 DGTLDaemon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • 746 posts
  • LocationUkraine

Posted 12 August 2016 - 10:49 PM

View PostAlexander Garden, on 12 August 2016 - 10:25 AM, said:

Loyalty Variants cannot be sold, but if you wish to free up the MechBay for use you can get in touch with Support to have us remove the 'Mech and leave the MechBay. However we do not provide C-Bill or MC exchanges for the 'Mech removal; we simply leave you with the MechBay.

Great news, thank you Alex! Now that's a fair choice for everyone: get a loyalty mech if you need it, or a free mechbay if you don't. Excellent!

Edited by DGTLDaemon, 12 August 2016 - 10:49 PM.

#270 Sagamore

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blood Bound
  • The Blood Bound
  • 930 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 12 August 2016 - 11:07 PM

Well darn. My purchases this year have been $100 in MC and a Steam Heavy pack. I guess I get the same loyalty bonus as someone who spent $7 in MC. Awesome!

With loyalty stuff like this someone is going to feel ripped off by it. It definitely feels like a sales tactic to sell more collector packs especially with an ECM stalker and new summoner(s) as carrots which may be beyind a paywall for a year and a half.

Edited by Sagamore, 12 August 2016 - 11:07 PM.

#271 Navid A1

• CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • 4,932 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 12 August 2016 - 11:26 PM

View PostSagamore, on 12 August 2016 - 11:07 PM, said:

Well darn. My purchases this year have been $100 in MC and a Steam Heavy pack. I guess I get the same loyalty bonus as someone who spent $7 in MC. Awesome!

With loyalty stuff like this someone is going to feel ripped off by it. It definitely feels like a sales tactic to sell more collector packs especially with an ECM stalker and new summoner(s) as carrots which may be beyind a paywall for a year and a half.

Sadly its true. Appreciation is just in the name.
Its basically a marketing plan to sell things that does not sell well on themselves.

This reward program started with the exact purpose in 2014. Clan Wave II top pack was really mediocre. The Maddog, The Kingcrab, The Atlas-S all were created to boost Clan Wave II top pack that as not selling very well (compared to Wave I).

#272 el piromaniaco

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 957 posts
  • LocationVienna

Posted 12 August 2016 - 11:52 PM

Yeehaaw!

There should be "you figured out our marketing scheme" award program.

They have to hide it, not make it too obvious.

Can't just simply say "hey, you spent xxx$ so you get a free cookie, say thank you"

#273 Hydrothermia

• PipPip
  • The Predator
  • The Predator
  • 43 posts

Posted 13 August 2016 - 12:01 AM

I only hope I can use the other regular camo patterns, it's like a unicorn took a crap on it and someone smeared it all over.

Edited by Hydrothermia, 13 August 2016 - 12:03 AM.

#274 Juodas Varnas

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,534 posts
  • LocationGrand Duchy of Lithuania

Posted 13 August 2016 - 12:08 AM

View PostHydrothermia, on 13 August 2016 - 12:01 AM, said:

I only hope I can use the other regular camo patterns, it's like a unicorn took a crap on it and someone smeared it all over.

View PostInnerSphereNews, on 11 August 2016 - 05:47 PM, said:

• The unique Loyalty Pattern on these 'Mechs can be replaced with Standard and Faction-based Patterns, if the 'Mech chassis currently supports them. For example, the Cataphract chassis currently only supports Standard Patterns.

Take the time to read the OP next time, dude.

#275 Dee Eight

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 13 August 2016 - 12:18 AM

View PostScarecrowES, on 12 August 2016 - 07:17 PM, said:

, I'll have spent over $250 into mechpacks this year alone, not to mention MC and other assorted purchases. In terms of money invested... and consistent money invested over the last 3 years... I'm sure I readily place in the 1/10th of 1% of players. But I can't get a couple of lousy Summoners because $80 of that money spent on mechpacks wasn't wasted in the purchase of Collector's versions of packs?

Yeah... the impulse to reevaluate how the loyalty program works might be a good one... while customer loyalty for MWO is still a thing to be had.

Sure, they can ELIMINATE the loyalty program altogether. That'll solve the complaining about it. There's nothing in the user agreement that says they HAVE to reward any players at all. They are doing this as a gift to players... and as someone spending money in THIS year's eligibility period, I don't care at all what you spent in past years. I'm at ultimate pack spending on the kodiak, huntsman, night gyr, and cyclops, and the full basic+hero+reinforce viper pack, and skipped the phoenix hawk. I've only gotten the linebacker basic so far, and likewise only will get the MadIIC basic, until close to release day when final art and any quirks are revealed before I upgrade them or not. So I'm at $370 in mech packs, plus way more than that in MC, plus the tourney supporter pack, and direct from webstore mech purchases of the released 2015 loyalty variants, and mastery bundles. I am quite satisfied to be qualified for everything so far but the stalker and the ultimate cockpit trophies. The next mech after the MadIIC is supposed to be inner sphere, and I'll just buy that as collector pack and poof, I'll get the stalker and cockpit things. Or if the Phoenix Hawks get some more buffs in the next patch I can always go buy them still and qualify that way.

#276 Felix von Buelow

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 117 posts

Posted 13 August 2016 - 01:29 AM

What is wrong with all of you? You are getting free stuff but you still whine and want more... PGI is not obliged to do any of that. Be happy for what you get.

And I am saying that as a Person B...

#277 MovinTarget

• Field Marshal
  • Field Marshal
  • 3,831 posts
  • LocationGreen Acres

Posted 13 August 2016 - 01:32 AM

View PostDee Eight, on 13 August 2016 - 12:18 AM, said:

Sure, they can ELIMINATE the loyalty program altogether. That'll solve the complaining about it. There's nothing in the user agreement that says they HAVE to reward any players at all. They are doing this as a gift to players... and as someone spending money in THIS year's eligibility period, I don't care at all what you spent in past years. I'm at ultimate pack spending on the kodiak, huntsman, night gyr, and cyclops, and the full basic+hero+reinforce viper pack, and skipped the phoenix hawk. I've only gotten the linebacker basic so far, and likewise only will get the MadIIC basic, until close to release day when final art and any quirks are revealed before I upgrade them or not. So I'm at $370 in mech packs, plus way more than that in MC, plus the tourney supporter pack, and direct from webstore mech purchases of the released 2015 loyalty variants, and mastery bundles. I am quite satisfied to be qualified for everything so far but the stalker and the ultimate cockpit trophies. The next mech after the MadIIC is supposed to be inner sphere, and I'll just buy that as collector pack and poof, I'll get the stalker and cockpit things. Or if the Phoenix Hawks get some more buffs in the next patch I can always go buy them still and qualify that way.

That's pretty much it. Whether they are flying by the seat of their pants or if this was their plan all along, there was no verbage in the sales throughout the year stating "Purchasing this Pack/Tier guarantees you loyalty swag in October" All this crap is bonus and while it does suck for some people, words like "angry" seem kind of disingenuous.

Having said that, I would agree that perhaps they should have considered another loyalty option for flat dollar amount spent ($100-$120 minimum). Maybe they get to pick either the Clan or IS but not both, I dunno...

I will say I learned my lesson b/c I bought packs too early to qualify so no more top tier/collector pack purchases for me until November so that it will count for Loyalty 2017...

#278 -Ramrod-

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 690 posts
  • LocationSome place

Posted 13 August 2016 - 01:40 AM

View PostDee Eight, on 13 August 2016 - 12:18 AM, said:

I've bought the full package/ultimate package since everything from Origins and Resistance 1. I don't even WANT to know how much money that is xD. Not including MC purchases. Ugh I've spent waaaay too much money on this game lol. But I enjoy the hell out of it even with it's problems. And you are right PGI doesn't have do to ANY of this. Not sure why people are complaining. I'm going to enjoy a Blackjack with missile hardpoints!

#279 Dee Eight

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 13 August 2016 - 02:00 AM

I've also been combining the grind method of play (I've now past 5800 games since Jan 4th) and the premium pack spending method of play.

#280 Smoked

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Scythe
  • The Scythe
  • 319 posts

Posted 13 August 2016 - 02:08 AM

Not eligible for the last 2 rewards even though I purchased the Origins IIC on the day it was announced and it was injected into game on Dec. 15, 2015. PGI extend the date for the early adopters of Origins IIC.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users