2016 Customer Appreciation Rewards Program!

819 replies to this topic

#241 Nightshade24

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3,972 posts
  • LocationSolaris VII

Posted 12 August 2016 - 04:18 PM

View PostAlexander Garden, on 12 August 2016 - 10:25 AM, said:

We've adjusted the original post to reflect that owning any Steam Performance Bundle will qualify you for the MechWarrior Credits Bundle.

Thank you Alex for promptly answering our questions o7

#242 Ace Selin

• 2,534 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 12 August 2016 - 04:20 PM

View PostSdragon01, on 12 August 2016 - 04:07 PM, said:

"Eligible Collections (any tier, or any a la carte 'Mech when applicable): 'a la carte' isn't exactly descriptive is it? I've literally just shelled out $70 for the Cyclops and Marauder IIC packs with hero mechs. As I felt with the appreciation mechs these would be worthwhile purchases. Now I find that I bought the wrong 'a la carte' mech and have just wasted $70 on packs that wont even give me what I'm after. Very misleading the way this has been worded. What's wrong with simply stating that you need a collectors pack? Is there I way that I can cancel these purchases as I feel like I've just been ripped off!

If you want a refund email support and they will do it no problems im sure.
FYI those packs will qualify you for the Hellbringer & Cataphract mechs.

If you want the Summoner get two Clan Collector's Packs
If you want the Stalker get two Inner Sphere Collector's Packs
--> though i personally wish 4 IS or Clan standard packs would qualify for these also

Edited by Ace Selin, 12 August 2016 - 04:23 PM.

#243 Sdragon01

Rookie

• Survivor
  • 2 posts

Posted 12 August 2016 - 04:41 PM

Thanks for the quick reply. So if I want to be eligible for the basic Inner Sphere and Clan Appreciation Reward packs do I just need the £20 pre-orders, or do I need the £40 collectors? I was trying to judge this by the CONTENT tab, but it seems that isn't updating very oftern.

Edited by Sdragon01, 12 August 2016 - 04:50 PM.

#244 Alexander Garden

Producer

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 1,510 posts

Posted 12 August 2016 - 05:00 PM

View PostSdragon01, on 12 August 2016 - 04:41 PM, said:

Thanks for the quick reply. So if I want to be eligible for the basic Inner Sphere and Clan Appreciation Reward packs do I just need the £20 pre-orders, or do I need the £40 collectors? I was trying to judge this by the CONTENT tab, but it seems that isn't updating very oftern.

Correct, for the Cyclops and Marauder IIC you would just require the Standard Packs to qualify for the base-level Inner Sphere and Clan Rewards.

The Top-Tier Rewards would require 2 Collector Packs; 2 Collector IS Packs for the Top-Tier IS, or 2 Collector Clan Packs for the Top-Tier Clan.
Alternatively you can also qualify for Top-Tier by acquiring the highest tier from one of the Packs listed in the original post (Origins IIC Highlander for Clan Top-Tier, for example).

#245 Cy Mitchell

• The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 2,688 posts

Posted 12 August 2016 - 05:02 PM

View PostSdragon01, on 12 August 2016 - 04:41 PM, said:

You need the Collectors. The Basic packs will not meet the qualifications. I am considering refunding my Huntsman basic package to help cover the upgrade to my Kodiak and Viper packs to Collector. On the other hand, I may just get a refund on the Huntsman and pass on upgrading to get the Summoners.

#246 RickDiasPK

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 134 posts

Posted 12 August 2016 - 05:08 PM

View PostAlexander Garden, on 12 August 2016 - 01:51 PM, said:

While we understand the perspectives expressed in this thread and elsewhere, the Customer Appreciation reward structure is determined by package tier, not flat dollar value. If the system operated by pure dollar value a single high-value MC purchase could potentially qualify you for every Reward tier, which isn’t in the spirit of how we currently structure the Program

Well, the 'intended spirit' APPEARS to be this: Look at the next step up from what people bought, then set reward criteria to urge them to buy that next-step-up upgrade, twice.

It very much reeks of "marketing and accounting sat down together to see how precise they could be in a money grab disguised as customer appreciation."

A dollar is a dollar insofar as your budget is concerned, and my bank account makes no difference on this topic either. A single high-value MC purchase damn well ought to net that person every relevant reward.

We may examine a more flexible structure for these Programs in the future, but the 2016 Program will remain with its current structure.

Then my "Don't spend any more money on MWO, because PGI apparently thinks I'm psychic in knowing what precise items to buy to get goodies" Program will remain with its current structure.

I don't care that the criteria was similar to what was run in 2015, because I wasn't here that year. I was busy putting my shattered mess of a life back together, so I missed those announcements. All I know is I came back to MWO this year, spent like $200 on the game this year, and because I didn't do it in the precise structure PGI wants, I get screwed out of the STK-3Fb.

I am very, very angry about that, and as you have indicated PGI has no intention of solving these concerns... then I will take my money elsewhere.

Edited by RickDiasPK, 12 August 2016 - 05:09 PM.

#247 Commander Harrison

• PipPip
  • The Undertaker
  • The Undertaker
  • 36 posts

Posted 12 August 2016 - 05:09 PM

View PostAlexander Garden, on 12 August 2016 - 10:25 AM, said:

We've adjusted the original post to reflect that owning any Steam Performance Bundle will qualify you for the MechWarrior Credits Bundle.

The Profile page for checking your eligibility status is now live!

Thanks for hearing us out Alex and PGI team, lots of us I'm the Malaysia/Singapore region bought more than 1 or even all 4 (like me) Steam Packs.

Being included in the reward, even at its lowest tier is appreciated. :)

#248 HammerMaster

• The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 2,516 posts
  • LocationNew Hampshire, USA

Posted 12 August 2016 - 05:26 PM

Thank you very much Alex for answering in quick succession. Thank you team for putting up the reward page so we don't inundate you with requests. Thank you for throwing the Steam guys a bone. But.
But
But.
The camo is shamefully bad. I don't know how else to put it.

#249 RickDiasPK

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 134 posts

Posted 12 August 2016 - 05:30 PM

View PostRampage, on 12 August 2016 - 05:02 PM, said:

On the other hand, I may just get a refund on the Huntsman and pass on upgrading to get the Summoners.

I say this knowing full well doing that risks a permanent ban: "I am considering the same thing. I could use that $70 elsewhere when it really comes down to it, and I am that angry with PGI right now. Why is my money not equal to someone else's money, because they spent it in a slightly different fashion?"

#250 Alexander Garden

Producer

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 1,510 posts

Posted 12 August 2016 - 05:34 PM

View PostRickDiasPK, on 12 August 2016 - 05:30 PM, said:

I say this knowing full well doing that risks a permanent ban: "I am considering the same thing. I could use that $70 elsewhere when it really comes down to it, and I am that angry with PGI right now. Why is my money not equal to someone else's money, because they spent it in a slightly different fashion?"

Refund requests do not result in bans, suspensions, or anything of that nature.

#251 RickDiasPK

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 134 posts

Posted 12 August 2016 - 05:38 PM

Odd. I thought chargebacks and such do incur that penalty. Perhaps I'm misunderstanding something.

That said, since I've already put the money out I'm honestly halfway curious to see whether PGI has anything that will calm me down. Because a BJ-2, some C-Bills, and a Loki isn't cutting it when I'm a major fan of the Stalker. Not when someone could have gotten that STK for $80 when my $200-ish didn't get it.

Thank you for the clarification all the same.

#252 Cy Mitchell

• The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 2,688 posts

Posted 12 August 2016 - 05:41 PM

View PostAlexander Garden, on 12 August 2016 - 05:34 PM, said:

Refund requests do not result in bans, suspensions, or anything of that nature.

If I decide to upgrade to get the Summoner can the Huntsman purchase amount be applied to the Kodiak or Viper pack upgrade? Then all I would have to do is buy a $20 upgrade for the other basic pack. I have not yet finalized my decision but this information may help me decide.

Edited by Rampage, 12 August 2016 - 05:42 PM.

#253 MovinTarget

• Field Marshal
  • Field Marshal
  • 3,831 posts
  • LocationGreen Acres

Posted 12 August 2016 - 05:50 PM

View PostHammerMaster, on 12 August 2016 - 05:26 PM, said:

The camo is shamefully bad. I don't know how else to put it.

Didn't you see the roadmap?

November: New map; "Battle_for_New_Orleans_During_Mardi_Gras"

This camo is gonna be PERFECT!

View PostRampage, on 12 August 2016 - 05:41 PM, said:

If I decide to upgrade to get the Summoner can the Huntsman purchase amount be applied to the Kodiak or Viper pack upgrade? Then all I would have to do is buy a $20 upgrade for the other basic pack. I have not yet finalized my decision but this information may help me decide.

I don't know about "applying" the funds to another pack, but I can attest that they've been great about refunding pre-orders! When I decided to *not* use an alt for clans they readily refunded my Kodiak pre-order on the alt account so that I could buy it on my main.

#254 Takuza

Rookie

• The Serpent
  • The Serpent
  • 1 posts

Posted 12 August 2016 - 06:10 PM

Semi new to the game started back in April, so what exatly are the Top Tier Clan Collection/Innersphere Mechs? I'm assuming the clan ones are the really expensive ones from the Clan Wave packs which my wallet doesn't feel comfortable getting them now. I just checked and I qualify for all the other rewards except these two and the one you get for having them both and I'd really like to get every single reward.

#255 Calcite

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 160 posts

Posted 12 August 2016 - 06:19 PM

I can't breath

STK-3Fb.

My marauder and warhammer is before okt. 15

?

Edited by Dave warrior2, 12 August 2016 - 06:22 PM.

#256 Alexander Garden

Producer

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 1,510 posts

Posted 12 August 2016 - 06:45 PM

View PostRickDiasPK, on 12 August 2016 - 05:38 PM, said:

Odd. I thought chargebacks and such do incur that penalty. Perhaps I'm misunderstanding something.

That said, since I've already put the money out I'm honestly halfway curious to see whether PGI has anything that will calm me down. Because a BJ-2, some C-Bills, and a Loki isn't cutting it when I'm a major fan of the Stalker. Not when someone could have gotten that STK for $80 when my $200-ish didn't get it.

Thank you for the clarification all the same.

Chargebacks are a bit of a different beast, and as outlined in the CoC a chargeback will generally lead to an account suspension while we try to contact the player and determine what led to it.
That being said, chargebacks are mainly intended for use when the company or service you're dealing with isn't willing to work with you on a refund request. They really shouldn't be used as a refund method in cases where a simple refund request would suffice, as would be the case with any of our Packs that have yet to be delivered.

#257 DAYLEET

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 4,316 posts
  • LocationLinoleum.

Posted 12 August 2016 - 06:51 PM

View PostGyr Falcon, on 12 August 2016 - 03:21 PM, said:

R2 pack is availbale for c-bills?

The individual mech yes. I paid cash for the pack but i waited for the mech top be released for cbills first. Thats a bit of a lie, the WolfHound, the last of the cbills mech was still 2 weeks out i think. I dont like the separation of paying customers and f2p players, at first the waiting period was a few weeks not months.

Edited by DAYLEET, 12 August 2016 - 06:51 PM.

#258 ScarecrowES

• Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 2,812 posts
  • LocationDefending the Cordon, Arc-Royal

Posted 12 August 2016 - 07:17 PM

View PostAlexander Garden, on 12 August 2016 - 01:51 PM, said:

While we understand the perspectives expressed in this thread and elsewhere, the Customer Appreciation reward structure is determined by package tier, not flat dollar value. If the system operated by pure dollar value a single high-value MC purchase could potentially qualify you for every Reward tier, which isn’t in the spirit of how we currently structure the Program.
Wave 1 Masakari is priced higher than the Origins IIC Highlander Collection, but they are both the Top-Tier of their associated Pack and are thus both eligible for the same Reward.
Their equivalency is in their Top-Tier status; not in their dollar value.

The spirit of these Rewards is to show our appreciation for players who acquire different levels of purchasable content. The Top-Tier Inner Sphere and Clan Rewards are intended for players who have acquired either the highest tier of one of the original Packs, or two Collector Packs under the newer Pack systems. The two Collector Pack eligibility condition was an addition we made during last years’ Customer Appreciation Program based on your feedback, and is an addition we carried over to this year.
For players who have acquired Standard Packs, or Standard Packs and Add-Ons, the base Inner Sphere or Clan Reward is offered.

We may examine a more flexible structure for these Programs in the future, but the 2016 Program will remain with its current structure.

To address a separate question, regarding purchases of content shortly before the start of this years’ eligibility period, those purchases would have qualified for their associated Rewards from the 2015 Customer Appreciation Program. They do not apply again to the 2016 Program.

I apologize in advance for any harshness in the following statement, but I feel more than a little miffed by this.

Might I suggest, it's about time for you folks to get your house in order with this stuff. You've greatly changed how you sell your content over the years, but haven't yet figured out a good way to reward your customers for their loyalty. By the end of this year, I'll have spent over $250 into mechpacks this year alone, not to mention MC and other assorted purchases. In terms of money invested... and consistent money invested over the last 3 years... I'm sure I readily place in the 1/10th of 1% of players. But I can't get a couple of lousy Summoners because $80 of that money spent on mechpacks wasn't wasted in the purchase of Collector's versions of packs?

Yeah... the impulse to reevaluate how the loyalty program works might be a good one... while customer loyalty for MWO is still a thing to be had.

#259 Tesunie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,579 posts
  • LocationSeraphim HQ: Asuncion

Posted 12 August 2016 - 07:21 PM

View PostKshat, on 12 August 2016 - 02:54 PM, said:

That's mathematically ********. Any IS-package cost you 80$ and delivers four different mechs, with at least three variants.
If you want to buy mechpacks in the new format and get four mechs, you have to buy four packages, each 20$, sums up to 80$.
But you still don't qualify as top tier reward eligible, despite buying the same - sans an assortment of colours and camos which came free with the Resistance-packs.
So you have to pay an additional 40$, and all you get is an upgrade from your standard variant to a premium mech and a "special" camo - which had been included in a Resistancepack right from the start!

So you pay 40$ more and STILL get less value. That's why PGI likes to sell single mechpacks more than the big bundles of the past.

I'm not arguing the price of the new store system, as I tend to agree. What I use to be able to get for $20-30 I now have to pay $40, but I do get a whole extra mech (instead of 3 mechs, 2 normal and 1 "special", I now would get 3 normal mechs AND a "special" mech).

However, all I was pointing out was the price of $120 being off for the top tier rewards via Collector pack qualifications (for one faction), and that it is in fact $80 to qualify instead.

I also wish that the system for the rewards was more based on "how much you placed in", which is why I wished that the Ultimate packs also counted as a full tier pack for the rewards. However, free stuff is free stuff. We can't argue about PGI giving something away that they never had to, to begin with.

AKA: I'm not disagreeing with you. However, the cost of in game items is not related to this thread, and it's slightly off topic for the current discussion.

#260 Felicitatem Parco

Professor of Memetics

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,522 posts
  • LocationIs Being Obscured By ECM

Posted 12 August 2016 - 07:27 PM

The Loyalty Program rewards people who have purchased certain tiers of material.

If you do not understand the free-to-play game model then you will not understand thier purchasing system and the associated Rewards. A free player invests in the game by giving their time to the game. Their presence in the matchmaking queue reduces wait times for all the paying players and that's how a free player contributes to a free-to-play game.

A paying player can pay for economy packages or they can pay for premium packages. The economy provide the developer with some money and in return they allow that player to play less time on the servers and receive material instead of earning it (this translates to reduction of the grind).

Premium packages may seem overpriced but the developer gets extremely profitable funds from premium packages while not sacrificing as many player hours from their server in order to deliver this material compared to an equal amount of money drawn from economy packages. Because the premium packages aremore profitable PGI is rewarding their premium customers with rewards that are unavailable to economy customers. It doesn't matter if the economy customer purchase many economy packages because PGI is rewarding the purchase of Premium packages.

You have to understand that "PlayerHours" are essentially a form of currency, or rather a tradable comodity, for F2P game devs.

Edited by Prosperity Park, 12 August 2016 - 07:35 PM.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users