2016 Customer Appreciation Rewards Program!

819 replies to this topic

#201 Tesunie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,579 posts
  • LocationSeraphim HQ: Asuncion

Posted 12 August 2016 - 01:19 PM

View PostKshat, on 12 August 2016 - 11:54 AM, said:

All in all, with the sole release of single mechs this year which all together equal one of the old packages (Phoenix/R1/R1/Wave 1/2/3 etc) there shouldn't be a need to additionally order the collector's editions of TWO of them which would raise the cost for a top tier IS-Package to 120$.

That would be $80, not $120. It's two of the $40 collector packs, or a $20 add on to go from standard to collector pack. It's not $20 for standard and an additional $40 to "upgrade" to collector packs. It would be $20 for basic, and $20 to upgrade to collector, OR $40 to just buy the collector. (Basically, it's $40 to have a collector pack. no matter how you work it out.)

#202 Appogee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts
  • LocationOn planet Tukayyid, celebrating victory

Posted 12 August 2016 - 01:20 PM

I can't tell whether spending $20 more to upgrade to the Warhammer Collectors Packs and would enable me to qualify for the Loyalty Stalker, because I don't know when I bought the Marauder Collectors Pack :(

PGI could make this a whole lot easier and better if they just used "money spent" as a calculation of qualification. Ie. any combination of >$80 on IS gear could qualify for the IS reward, and ditto for the Clan reward.

#203 Felicitatem Parco

Professor of Memetics

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,522 posts
  • LocationIs Being Obscured By ECM

Posted 12 August 2016 - 01:25 PM

View PostAppogee, on 12 August 2016 - 01:20 PM, said:

I can't tell whether spending $20 more to upgrade to the Warhammer Collectors Packs and would enable me to qualify for the Loyalty Stalker, because I don't know when I bought the Marauder Collectors Pack :(

PGI could make this a whole lot easier and better if they just used "money spent" as a calculation of qualification. Ie. any combination of >$80 on IS gear could qualify for the IS reward, and ditto for the Clan reward.

Spend $500 and receive a Loyalty Killer Whale launcher that can be equipped on any Loyalty Mech with a missile hardpoint.

http://www.sarna.net/wiki/Killer_Whale

P2W is here to stay, boys

#204 Tesunie

• The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,579 posts
  • LocationSeraphim HQ: Asuncion

Posted 12 August 2016 - 01:28 PM

View PostToha Heavy Industries, on 12 August 2016 - 01:10 PM, said:

I don't wanna look like i would complain oh to hard but,

Buying a package for 20$ will give 1 heavy.
Buying 2 package for 40$ will give 2 heavies.
Buying a top tier package for 75$ will give a heavy/heavy or heavy/assault.
Buying two top tier packages for 150$ will give 3 heavies and 1 assault.

Buying MC for 10$ wil give 1 medium.
Buying MC for 20$ wil give a medium.
Buying MC for 40$ wil give a medium.
Buying MC for 75$ wil give a medium.
Buying MC for 150$ wil give a medium.
Buying MC for 1000$ wil give a medium.

Am i the only one who noticed something off with that?

Well, whatever. finally some help for the summoner. yay.

Buying a pack gives you a heavy (Hellbringer or Cataphract, depending upon faction of purchase).
Buying 2 $40 packs gives you: for IS a Cataphract/Heavy and a Stalker/Assault; For Clan 3 Heavies (Hellbringer and 2 Summoners). (Counts as purchasing a top tier multi-mech package.)
Buying a multi-mech package (example: Resistance 2) to maximum level will earn you same rewards as above.
Buying top tier of both Clan and IS options will give you 4 heavies and 1 assault.

Did you forget you earned two summoners?

As for MC, they are thanking anyone for smaller support. Same as last year. They could have tiered that too, but do recall this is all free stuff they don't "have" to give any of us.

Only thing I'd love to see is being rewarded for purchasing a single Ultimate pack ($70) as a top tier package. But, being extra free stuff, I wouldn't complain if they don't. (Though I really do hope that they consider this.)

#205 Odanan

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,201 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 12 August 2016 - 01:28 PM

Nice variants! I was looking forward for the ECM Stalker in this game.

This is the internet: no matter how generous PGI could be when giving free stuff, there would still be people complaining... :/

#206 Felicitatem Parco

Professor of Memetics

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,522 posts

Posted 12 August 2016 - 01:40 PM

View PostOdanan, on 12 August 2016 - 01:28 PM, said:

This is the internet: no matter how generous PGI could be when giving free stuff, there would still be people complaining... :/

We've been clamoring over the BJ2 as well, and that had a very low entry barrier. Very nice.

#207 Cy Mitchell

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 2,688 posts

Posted 12 August 2016 - 01:41 PM

Normally, I would agree with you. But the way this is set up they are not giving away free stuff. Some of us have already spent more than what the "Top Tier" Collectors Pack would cost on each chassis. However, because we bought and upgraded the Basic Packs we are now in the position of having to PURCHASE the Stalker and/or the Summoners for what amounts to $20 each for the Summoners and $40 for the Stalker.

While I am normally a defender and supporter of PGI, I really think this Customer Appreciation Loyalty Award system needs to be corrected.

Edited by Rampage, 12 August 2016 - 01:42 PM.

#208 Felicitatem Parco

Professor of Memetics

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,522 posts

Posted 12 August 2016 - 01:44 PM

View PostRampage, on 12 August 2016 - 01:41 PM, said:

Normally, I would agree with you. But the way this is set up they are not giving away free stuff. Some of us have already spent more than what the "Top Tier" Collectors Pack would cost on each chassis. However, because we bought and upgraded the Basic Packs we are now in the position of having to PURCHASE the Stalker and/or the Summoners for what amounts to $20 each for the Summoners and $40 for the Stalker.

While I am normally a defender and supporter of PGI, I really think this Customer Appreciation Loyalty Award system needs to be corrected.

Wrong. The appreciation rewards are free. The cost of Mech Packs did not increase now that rewards have been added to the content delivery.

For instance, buying MC for cash gets you a free Blackjack on top of the MC that you were going to receive. Another example: buy 1 get 1 free sales at your local grocery market. Yes, the second bottle of shampoo was free. No way to talk around that.

Sorry. Just because you see an opportunity to complain doesn't mean you should take it if your complaint is technically faulty. You CAN complain about their choice in requirements but you CAN NOT say the free content costs extra money (not free).

Edited by Prosperity Park, 12 August 2016 - 01:50 PM.

#209 Requiemking

• The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 2,479 posts
  • LocationStationed at the Iron Dingo's Base on Dumassas

Posted 12 August 2016 - 01:46 PM

The Cataphract looks fun, as does the Hellbringer and the Blackjack. I wish I was getting those Summoners, but no dice. Ah well, I can only hope that we get some new Light mechs soon................

#210 Cy Mitchell

• The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 2,688 posts

Posted 12 August 2016 - 01:50 PM

View PostProsperity Park, on 12 August 2016 - 01:44 PM, said:

Wrong. The appreciation rewards are free. The cost of Mech Packs did not increase now that rewards have been added to the content delivery.

Agreed but I have to pay an additional $20 bucks for content that is absolutely worthless to me to get the two Summoners. Well, technically I would be getting a MechBay, some C-Bills and 30 day Premium time for each $20 purchase but I still eand up having to pay $40 to get access to the Summoners. Therefore, to me it is, in effect, buying them. I do not see that as an award for the $200 I have spent in the last 7 months.

#211 Alexander Garden

Producer

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 1,510 posts

Posted 12 August 2016 - 01:51 PM

While we understand the perspectives expressed in this thread and elsewhere, the Customer Appreciation reward structure is determined by package tier, not flat dollar value. If the system operated by pure dollar value a single high-value MC purchase could potentially qualify you for every Reward tier, which isn’t in the spirit of how we currently structure the Program.
Wave 1 Masakari is priced higher than the Origins IIC Highlander Collection, but they are both the Top-Tier of their associated Pack and are thus both eligible for the same Reward.
Their equivalency is in their Top-Tier status; not in their dollar value.

The spirit of these Rewards is to show our appreciation for players who acquire different levels of purchasable content. The Top-Tier Inner Sphere and Clan Rewards are intended for players who have acquired either the highest tier of one of the original Packs, or two Collector Packs under the newer Pack systems. The two Collector Pack eligibility condition was an addition we made during last years’ Customer Appreciation Program based on your feedback, and is an addition we carried over to this year.
For players who have acquired Standard Packs, or Standard Packs and Add-Ons, the base Inner Sphere or Clan Reward is offered.

We may examine a more flexible structure for these Programs in the future, but the 2016 Program will remain with its current structure.

To address a separate question, regarding purchases of content shortly before the start of this years’ eligibility period, those purchases would have qualified for their associated Rewards from the 2015 Customer Appreciation Program. They do not apply again to the 2016 Program.

#212 FerretboysRevenge

• PipPip
  • 34 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationKelso, WA

Posted 12 August 2016 - 01:52 PM

I have preordered the complete Cyclops Package, and upgraded my Warhammer to the Collectors Pack today but it still says on my profile I am not eligible for the Top Tier IS rewards.....

#213 Felicitatem Parco

Professor of Memetics

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,522 posts

Posted 12 August 2016 - 01:53 PM

View PostRampage, on 12 August 2016 - 01:50 PM, said:

Agreed but I have to pay an additional $20 bucks for content that is absolutely worthless to me to get the two Summoners. Well, technically I would be getting a MechBay, some C-Bills and 30 day Premium time for each $20 purchase but I still eand up having to pay $40 to get access to the Summoners. Therefore, to me it is, in effect, buying them. I do not see that as an award for the $200 I have spent in the last 7 months.

No, you do not have to pay anything. The game is free to play. However, if you want some certain content, then you do have to pay. For instance, if you want to get early access to Mechs then buy MechPacks. However, during this sale period, you can get additional content at no additional cost.

If your local grocery market has a buy one get one free sale, then that second bottle of shampoo is, indeed, free.

#214 RustyBolts

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Deadly
  • The Deadly
  • 1,151 posts

Posted 12 August 2016 - 01:59 PM

SO supporting the tournament does not count toward the loyalty rewards. Oh well.

#215 StUffz

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The All Seeing
  • The All Seeing
  • 485 posts

Posted 12 August 2016 - 02:01 PM

Could it be that you excluded Gold Package members from Top Tier Clan Reward?

#216 Jay Leon Hart

• The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 4,669 posts

Posted 12 August 2016 - 02:01 PM

It seems the only reward I didn't meet the criteria for was the MC purchase. Thank goodness there's an offer on MC currently. BJ-2, here I come! Posted Image

#217 DAYLEET

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 4,316 posts
  • LocationLinoleum.

Posted 12 August 2016 - 02:02 PM

View PostAppogee, on 12 August 2016 - 01:20 PM, said:

I can't tell whether spending $20 more to upgrade to the Warhammer Collectors Packs and would enable me to qualify for the Loyalty Stalker, because I don't know when I bought the Marauder Collectors Pack Posted Image

If you search "mechwarrior online" in your emails you will find receipt.

#218 Cy Mitchell

• The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 2,688 posts

Posted 12 August 2016 - 02:02 PM

View PostAlexander Garden, on 12 August 2016 - 01:51 PM, said:

While we understand the perspectives expressed in this thread and elsewhere, the Customer Appreciation reward structure is determined by package tier, not flat dollar value. If the system operated by pure dollar value a single high-value MC purchase could potentially qualify you for every Reward tier, which isn’t in the spirit of how we currently structure the Program.
Wave 1 Masakari is priced higher than the Origins IIC Highlander Collection, but they are both the Top-Tier of their associated Pack and are thus both eligible for the same Reward.

The spirit of these Rewards is to show our appreciation for players who acquire different levels of purchasable content. The Top-Tier Inner Sphere and Clan Rewards are intended for players who have acquired either the highest tier of one of the original Packs, or two Collector Packs under the newer Pack systems. The two Collector Pack eligibility condition was an addition we made during last years’ Customer Appreciation Program based on your feedback, and is an addition we carried over to this year.
For players who have acquired Standard Packs, or Standard Packs and Add-Ons, the base Inner Sphere or Clan Reward is offered.

We may examine a more flexible structure for these Programs in the future, but the 2016 Program will remain with its current structure.

To address a separate question, regarding purchases of content shortly before the start of this years’ eligibility period, those purchases would have qualified for their associated Rewards from the 2015 Customer Appreciation Program. They do not apply again to the 2016 Program.

Thank you for the explanation Alex. At least now we know there will be no changes. I will be happy with the Hellbringer. Qualifying for the Summoners would not be worth it unless I cancel the Huntsman to offset the expense which I may do anyway. If I want to reap the full rewards of the Customer Appreciation next year, I will be much more careful with what I purchase.

#219 Ovion

• The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 3,182 posts

Posted 12 August 2016 - 02:03 PM

View PostAlexander Garden, on 12 August 2016 - 01:51 PM, said:

Even then, if it was just 'an Ultimate' pack - I would quite possibly do that and buy something to achieve it, but there's nothing I really want 2 collectors of, so would be paying $40 to get the Stalker.

But, if there's going to be no changes, and it's set as it is, then I like many others will simply not be spending the extra money for things.

Edited by Ovion, 12 August 2016 - 02:04 PM.

#220 Cy Mitchell

• The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 2,688 posts

Posted 12 August 2016 - 02:06 PM

View PostProsperity Park, on 12 August 2016 - 01:53 PM, said:

No, you do not have to pay anything. The game is free to play. However, if you want some certain content, then you do have to pay. For instance, if you want to get early access to Mechs then buy MechPacks. However, during this sale period, you can get additional content at no additional cost.

If your local grocery market has a buy one get one free sale, then that second bottle of shampoo is, indeed, free.

You do realize that when you get a BOGO that they have jacked the price up on the first one by a substantial margin and you are still paying for both? You are paying less for each but you are paying. Posted Image It is a sales ploy.

And I do know how this "Free to Play" game works. I paid $200 so far this year supporting it.

13 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 13 guests, 0 anonymous users