2016 Customer Appreciation Rewards Program!

819 replies to this topic

#181 Bluttrunken

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Patron Saint
  • The Patron Saint
  • 830 posts

Posted 12 August 2016 - 11:26 AM

I never bought a Collector's Edition but I bought more than 2 standard packs + hero(archer, warhammer, cyclops, kodiak) one even with reinforcements(viper). Why I'm not qualified for the Top-Tier Rewards? I spent more on these packs than I would have on 4 collector's editions.

#182 Scout Derek

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 8,016 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationSomewhere where you'll probably never go to

Posted 12 August 2016 - 11:27 AM

View PostAlexander Garden, on 12 August 2016 - 11:25 AM, said:

They all come with the Loyalty Pattern.

It needs to be a Pack purchase. In-game purchases with MC (or C-Bills) are not eligible.

I'm still assuming Steam Packs don't count either as far as we can see for now?

Seems like the steam people kind of got left out.

#183 Alexander Garden

Producer

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 1,510 posts

Posted 12 August 2016 - 11:28 AM

View PostScout Derek, on 12 August 2016 - 11:27 AM, said:

I'm still assuming Steam Packs don't count either as far as we can see for now?

Seems like the steam people kind of got left out.

Steam Bundles qualify for the MechWarrior Credits Reward.

#184 Fubu Kuokano

Rookie

• The Blood Bound
  • The Blood Bound
  • 6 posts

Posted 12 August 2016 - 11:35 AM

So a complete Rifleman pack and a standard Cyclops pack with hero and reinforcement add-on don't count for that stalker?

#185 Skaav

• PipPipPip
  • WC 2017 Qualifier
  • WC 2017 Qualifier
  • 66 posts

Posted 12 August 2016 - 11:40 AM

Could we maybe get some kind of stance on the discussion 70% of this thread is having? Because the 30% of people asking questions could just read the terms and find those answers for themselves.

#186 Kshat

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,229 posts

Posted 12 August 2016 - 11:54 AM

So, as the guy who preordered a Warhammer and Marauder Ultimate Pack AND the Origins IIC top tier-pack I'm screwed because I preordered at the beginning of October and waited half a year to pilot these mechs... great.

P.S.: Since you need, if I recall correctly, TWO collector's edition packs, there needs to be a counter at the content-page to show if you qualify with one package and need another one or if you still need two packages.

All in all, with the sole release of single mechs this year which all together equal one of the old packages (Phoenix/R1/R1/Wave 1/2/3 etc) there shouldn't be a need to additionally order the collector's editions of TWO of them which would raise the cost for a top tier IS-Package to 120$.

And Heromechs won't count at all in these packages?
Still, since I won't buy another R1/2/Phoenix-packs and Warhammer/Marauder seems not to count, only chance to get the Stalker would be to upgrade my Phoenix Hawk package (which isn't worth it because the mech is simply BAD), maybe the Rifleman (mediocre mech), Archer (don't like the Collector-Variant and Tempest doesn't count) or the Cyclops. And out of that bunch, I need TWO? Sorry, I won't buy mechs I don't play.

All in all: please let people choose if they upgrade their basic mech-package (20$) with the collector's edition (20$) or the hero (15$). In my opinion there is no need to be stingy about these 5$.

#187 Navid A1

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • 4,932 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 12 August 2016 - 12:02 PM

View PostKshat, on 12 August 2016 - 11:54 AM, said:

So, as the guy who preordered a Warhammer and Marauder Ultimate Pack AND the Origins IIC top tier-pack I'm screwed because I preordered at the beginning of October and waited half a year to pilot these mechs... great.

P.S.: Since you need, if I recall correctly, TWO collector's edition packs, there needs to be a counter at the content-page to show if you qualify with one package and need another one or if you still need two packages.

All in all, with the sole release of single mechs this year which all together equal one of the old packages (Phoenix/R1/R1/Wave 1/2/3 etc) there shouldn't be a need to additionally order the collector's editions of TWO of them which would raise the cost for a top tier IS-Package to 120$.

And Heromechs won't count at all in these packages?
Still, since I won't buy another R1/2/Phoenix-packs and Warhammer/Marauder seems not to count, only chance to get the Stalker would be to upgrade my Phoenix Hawk package (which isn't worth it because the mech is simply BAD), maybe the Rifleman (mediocre mech), Archer (don't like the Collector-Variant and Tempest doesn't count) or the Cyclops. And out of that bunch, I need TWO? Sorry, I won't buy mechs I don't play.

All in all: please let people choose if they upgrade their basic mech-package (20$) with the collector's edition (20$) or the hero (15$). In my opinion there is no need to be stingy about these 5$.

yup, that is currently a hot topic in general discussion section.

I'd say 2 collector's pack or 4 standard pack should have been enough for a top tier pack.

#188 Kshat

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,229 posts

Posted 12 August 2016 - 12:09 PM

Point is, for guys like me who ordered at least every basic package (plus some of the heroes) the CE is not THAT appealing since I already got almost a year of prem time banked. An additional month isn't of any use to me.

I really would like to buy the Phoenix Hawk CE, but the mech as it is now is just a walking handicap. Sorry to say so. It HAS potential, but needs at least quirks at Cicada-level.

#189 ScarecrowES

• Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 2,812 posts
  • LocationDefending the Cordon, Arc-Royal

Posted 12 August 2016 - 12:23 PM

PGI needs to fix how the packs for different tier rewards are calculated. It's quite a large mistake to only count the "Collector's" version of this single packs, because you're then excluding most of the players who bought these packs, even if they bought the complete non-Collector's versions.

I, for instance, have bought every Clan single chassis from the Kodiak and on (except for the Huntsman), and will have picked up the standard, reinforcements, and hero packs for every chassis. That's $50 per chassis for what... 5 chassis? Something like that. That's a lot more than merely $80 for 2 $40 packs.

Even though I've invested a LOT more into Clan packs this year than the monetary value that's required, I'm excluded from top-tier rewards because I didn't buy the specific version of a pack that PGI wanted? Makes no sense.

PGI either needs to look at total money spent on packs, or include non-Collector's packs above a certain value. Many people have been suggesting standard+hero which is $35... so maybe make 3 standard/hero packs count. Or 2 standard/reinforcement/hero packs ($50).

Regardless, do something better than just counting on 2 Collector's packs. That makes zero sense.

#190 Tom Sawyer

• The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 1,384 posts
  • LocationOn your 6

Posted 12 August 2016 - 12:32 PM

View PostAlexander Garden, on 12 August 2016 - 10:34 AM, said:

Yes, if you upgrade to Top-Tier within the eligibility period you will qualify.

The page for checking eligibility status is now live, and can be found here.

Because Alex (and many thanks for clarifying) stated this I spent $20 bucks more on the game. I had bought the marauder standard back prior to October 2015. I then bought the war hammer pack after October 2015. By upgrading now for 20 bucks to the marauder collector pack that gives 2 IS top tier for the Stalker.

Come on PGI, show me some new CW, a couple new maps, SOMETHING good. That marauder iic for $40 or even $70 is interesting. I am still pissed no HAG for it but give me a better CW or even some new maps and I just may bite.

#191 ExoForce

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 777 posts
  • LocationFields of the Nephilim

Posted 12 August 2016 - 12:36 PM

That BJ-2 can carry 2160 LRMs. Maybe I will break and buy some MCs...

#192 Renegade Robot

• PipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 12 August 2016 - 12:38 PM

It would be nice to eventually see a loyalty title. That ranks up based upon how many years we have been active in the game. I mean usually I've been buying packs and I will buy some more to qualify for the IS rewards, but I guess it feels like... If I'm going to have to pay for my loyalty rewards could the guys who have been playing for 4 years straight be recognized with something other then just being something like a founder or plopping down more money for these yearly rewards? Even if it's just a number, just to show hey there's plenty of people who have played this longer then just a year.

#193 Cy Mitchell

• The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 2,688 posts

Posted 12 August 2016 - 12:42 PM

I believe that despite the fact that PGI has changed their marketing strategy from multiple chassis Packs to the Single Chassis Packs this year, they have not re-evaluated the Loyalty/Customer Appreciation Awards in a way that thanks many of their best customers. I am very hopeful that this will be reviewed and corrected.

#194 C E Dwyer

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,274 posts
  • LocationHiding in the periphery, from Bounty Hunters

Posted 12 August 2016 - 12:56 PM

So glad no more Hexagon effect

#195 Tordin

• The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 2,937 posts
  • LocationNordic Union

Posted 12 August 2016 - 12:57 PM

It dosent thanks many of their best customers? Really..
I have brought alot of packs, but in my shopping spree didnt almost think of the upcoming loyality rewards. I imagined, maybe some, 3 random mechs of the same variants we alredy had, just with some different camo and bonuses. But wow, I was wrong. We got alot more.
Which is awesome and appreciated. Worth it IMO.
I imagine a lurmjack in my mind now. That will be a sight to behold Posted Image

#196 C E Dwyer

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,274 posts
  • LocationHiding in the periphery, from Bounty Hunters

Posted 12 August 2016 - 01:05 PM

As I mentioned in the other thread, I qualify for everything, but it's very possible for others to have spent more, supporting the game, yet get less, they need to re-evaluate how this is done.

#197 B L O O D W I T C H

• 2,426 posts

Posted 12 August 2016 - 01:10 PM

I don't wanna look like i would complain oh to hard but,

Buying a package for 20$ will give 1 heavy.
Buying 2 package for 40$ will give 2 heavies.
Buying a top tier package for 75$ will give a heavy/heavy or heavy/assault.
Buying two top tier packages for 150$ will give 3 heavies and 1 assault.

Buying MC for 10$ wil give 1 medium.
Buying MC for 20$ wil give a medium.
Buying MC for 40$ wil give a medium.
Buying MC for 75$ wil give a medium.
Buying MC for 150$ wil give a medium.
Buying MC for 1000$ wil give a medium.

Am i the only one who noticed something off with that?

Well, whatever. finally some help for the summoner. yay.

Edited by Toha Heavy Industries, 12 August 2016 - 01:14 PM.

#198 GothicVash

• PipPipPip
  • Heavy Lifter
  • Heavy Lifter
  • 55 posts

Posted 12 August 2016 - 01:10 PM

the only (L) mechs i have failed to qualify for are the centurion and king crab... :( would have been nice to have the set. tho i do have. or will have all the cupcakes. thats nice at least.

#199 Hallbor

• PipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 12 August 2016 - 01:14 PM

well, some nice rewards but too sad that my Mauler collection, Urbanmech, Marauder, Warhammer and Cyclops Packs don't qualify me for the Stalker.....that is just a LITTLE frustrating.

Could the requirement for the "collector Packs" be changed to Base+addon or so? For example i own for both the Warhammer and Cyclops the base pack+Hero. WHich is pretty much the same amount of money that a collectors pack costs but they don't qualify me for the rewards. Would be great if that coul be taken into consideration.
or a "total amount of Dollar spend" kind of thing. For people that have bought a lot of packs but just not 2x the collectors for is/clan

#200 Felicitatem Parco

Professor of Memetics

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,522 posts
  • LocationIs Being Obscured By ECM

Posted 12 August 2016 - 01:18 PM

Arg! I just noticed that I preordered the Urbie, so it was too early. Okay, I upgraded my Rifleman earlier, now I did the Cyclops. Guess the carrot at the end of the string finally worked to get me pushed to collector packs. Works for me, anyways, I am always cbill-starved (still buying modules).

11 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 11 guests, 0 anonymous users