2016 Customer Appreciation Rewards Program!

819 replies to this topic

#141 Lhunara

• PipPipPip
  • 51 posts
  • Location1984

Posted 12 August 2016 - 07:56 AM

Perhaps the... garish camo of this year's loyalty 'mechs is meant to... encourage us to spend MC to buy other camos

Posted Image

#142 El Bandito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 12 August 2016 - 08:00 AM

View PostAnTi90d, on 11 August 2016 - 09:11 PM, said:

I'd totally slap down another $20 to qualify for that ECM Stalker.. if this whole Power Draw thing wasn't threatening to ruin the entire game and turn it into Dakka-Warrior-Online.

Unless it gets scrapped, I ain't giving PGI any more money.

6xLLs, firing 3 by 3 can circumvent the 30 damage restrictions easily. It's my favorite STK-4N loadout.

View PostLhunara, on 12 August 2016 - 07:56 AM, said:

Perhaps the... garish camo of this year's loyalty 'mechs is meant to... encourage us to spend MC to buy other camos

Posted Image

I'm just gonna switch all colors to black, or something.

Edited by El Bandito, 12 August 2016 - 08:01 AM.

#143 Kael Posavatz

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 971 posts
  • LocationOn a quest to find the Star League

Posted 12 August 2016 - 08:10 AM

View PostArgond, on 11 August 2016 - 11:54 PM, said:

And one more question.

Clan wave 2 Man-O-War Collection price is 120 USD.
Clan wave 3 Gladiator Collection price is 120 USD.
Origins 2C Highlander Collection price is 80 USD.

Clan wave 1 Masakari Collection price is 240 USD and it is enough for top tier reward.
Clan wave 1 Daishi Collection price is 120 USD (the same as full pack of wave 2 or full pack of wave 3), but it is not enough for prize.

Could you please change Daishi Collection instead of Masakari Collection in conditions of the program? It will be rightly for Daishi Collection owners.

Unlikely for the same reason they have not repriced, or even commented on, how the basic Clan-faction warhorns, banners, and hanging medallions cost 50% more than IS counterparts.

In the case of the cockpit items, it was because they were the first faction-content PGI put into the game and revised their pricing when they started adding IS content.

In the case of the Clan Wave I, II, and III packages, it was because they decided OmniMechs should cost more real money since most (not all) cost more C-bill/MC because they had Ferro/endo/double-heatsinks/and XL engines and most (not all) IS mechs did not. Also because Omnis came with a full set of Omnipods and IS mechs did not.

In the case of both it would open them to headaches, potentially legal and definitely from community members who paid more, should they reprice.

On the other hand, I find it kind of sad that someone could actually spend more than what they want for the TopTier reward using just the recent mech packs and not get it. Standard/Hero/Reinforce comes to 50$ Get two, and you're at 100$ in PGI's coffers, but because it was the 'collectors edition'...yeah.

#144 Sereglach

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fire
  • Fire
  • 1,563 posts
  • LocationWherever things are burning.

Posted 12 August 2016 - 08:20 AM

I'm not surprised that the variants people have been asking added to the game for years now only get added as loyalty mechs that'll eventually get added for MC/C-Bills (nearly a year after the fact). The BJ-2 was one of the variants that I had wanted in the game since the Blackjack was released and IS Streak-2's were awesome weapons.

There's a longshot that PGI will get me to spend some money on MWO between now and October. It's not likely, but anything is possible, right? Maybe if they gave Flamers, MG's, LBX's, JJ's, and Command Console the fixes they deserve I'd break open the wallet. It'd be a nice goodwill gesture from PGI while they're working on all of the "bigger fish". After-all, those changes are really nothing more than XML tweaks . . . that "regular and iterative tuning" that they said we'd be seeing, but never did . . . along with 1 map a month, etc. etc..

#145 Desintegrator

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,225 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 12 August 2016 - 08:22 AM

Thanks for the free stuff PGI !

I'm looking forward to get it...

#146 Vanguard319

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,436 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 12 August 2016 - 08:43 AM

Nice to see that the Summoner F and M are finally being released, Is there any chance we'll eventually see non-loyalty versions of these become available ingame at some point?

#147 Bluttrunken

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Patron Saint
  • The Patron Saint
  • 830 posts

Posted 12 August 2016 - 08:49 AM

View PostVanguard319, on 12 August 2016 - 08:43 AM, said:

Nice to see that the Summoner F and M are finally being released, Is there any chance we'll eventually see non-loyalty versions of these become available ingame at some point?

Quote from the OP: "The Loyalty Variants will only be available through the 2016 Customer Appreciation program. The Standard, non-Loyalty versions of these variants will be available for MC and C-Bills at a future date, to be determined."

#148 Dee Eight

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 12 August 2016 - 08:50 AM

Yes, next august.

#149 DoomRide

• PipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 30 posts

Posted 12 August 2016 - 08:52 AM

Hey you founders! Remember how you help get the game going? Starting when the game looked nearly hopeless? Guess what? Three year anv we just wanted you to know. We don't give a flip about you! Go buy more of our stuff! Yea not a happy camper. A good reason I don't buy anything from them anymore. IF you say ALL, mean ALL. Don't pick and choose. Thank you for nothing.

#150 Cy Mitchell

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 2,688 posts

Posted 12 August 2016 - 08:53 AM

View PostInnerSphereNews, on 11 August 2016 - 05:47 PM, said:

[/center]

These Loyalty Variants will only be available through the 2016 Customer Appreciation program. The Standard, non-Loyalty versions of these variants will be available for MC and C-Bills at a future date, to be determined.

Yep, it is right there in the first post in the not so fine print.

#151 Tesunie

• The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,579 posts
  • LocationSeraphim HQ: Asuncion

Posted 12 August 2016 - 08:56 AM

View PostInnerSphereNews, on 11 August 2016 - 05:47 PM, said:

Posted Image

Eligibility Conditions

You must have purchased any eligible Top-Tier Clan Collection* (or combination of eligible items**) since October 6th 2015 at 10:01 AM PDT (5:01 PM UTC).

Deadline for Eligibility

October 18th 2016 at 10:00 AM PDT (5:00 PM UTC).

Rewards

Summoner SMN-F and Summoner SMN-M Loyalty variants (both featuring the unique Loyalty Pattern and 30% C-Bill Boost) +1 MechBay.

SMN-F and SMN-M Loadout details

Reward Injection Date

October 18th 2016 at 10:00 AM PDT (5:00 PM UTC), during the patch.

* Eligible Collections: Wave 1 Masakari Collection; Wave 2 Man-O-War Collection; Wave 3 Gladiator Collection; Origins IIC Highlander Collection.

** Eligible combinations: At least two Collector Packs from any combination of the following Packs: Kodiak; Viper; Night Gyr; Huntsman; Linebacker; Marauder IIC.

My question here is: Why does it have to be two collector packs for this reward? I would have imagined that a single Ultimate Pack should qualify as well. I do know that it's $10 less, but... (I only want the Linebacker!)

#152 Fobhopper

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Crusader
  • The Crusader
  • 344 posts
  • LocationClan Nova Cat agent working for Davion

Posted 12 August 2016 - 08:59 AM

View PostDoomRide, on 12 August 2016 - 08:52 AM, said:

Hey you founders! Remember how you help get the game going? Starting when the game looked nearly hopeless? Guess what? Three year anv we just wanted you to know. We don't give a flip about you! Go buy more of our stuff! Yea not a happy camper. A good reason I don't buy anything from them anymore. IF you say ALL, mean ALL. Don't pick and choose. Thank you for nothing.

As a top level founder, who has bought all 3 clan waves, both resistance waves, urbie, warhammer, marauder, rifleman, archer, kodiak, and soon I will get the marauder 2c pack, what the **** are you seriously bitching about?

is it because they havent given you any other bonus rewards that irked you? Founders mechs already have the same cbill bonus that hero and special mechs get, what more pandering do you need?

#153 DoomRide

• PipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 30 posts

Posted 12 August 2016 - 09:03 AM

What bugs me is it stats ALL, yet ignores the founders even exists. I don't care if I don't get anything, but saying ALL, and then leaving out the firsts is just stupid.

#154 Felicitatem Parco

Professor of Memetics

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,522 posts
  • LocationIs Being Obscured By ECM

Posted 12 August 2016 - 09:31 AM

View PostDoomRide, on 12 August 2016 - 09:03 AM, said:

What bugs me is it stats ALL, yet ignores the founders even exists. I don't care if I don't get anything, but saying ALL, and then leaving out the firsts is just stupid.

What are you talking about? Founder's packs have not been available for years, so why would Founder's get special rewards for purchases that took place from Oct.2015 to Oct.2016? Founder's Packs were not available in 2015 or 2016... the customer appreciation rewards are meant for continually-purchasing customers, not those who made purchases over a year or two ago and then closed their wallets or stopped playing.

And this is all free stuff. The alternative is no free stuff... so I will happily take the free stuff they are offering. If you don't like the terms for getting free stuff, then don't pursue it.

Edited by Prosperity Park, 12 August 2016 - 09:34 AM.

#155 Ovion

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 3,182 posts

Posted 12 August 2016 - 09:39 AM

View PostDee Eight, on 12 August 2016 - 07:44 AM, said:

Good for you. Meanwhile I have NEVER had to re-install. The patch updates have never corrupted the game. None of my settings have ever changed. Never had the launcher crash looking for updates, and never had any of the other things you're complaining about. Perhaps the problem was never the game and only your computer.
No, it means you have been exceptionally lucky.

I have had issues with the launcher and the problems I mentioned across 3 computers, over a few years.
My fiancee had it go funny a couple of times.
At least 5 of my friends have had the same / similar problems that I recall complaining about it.
I've seen numerous complaints about it on the forums.

I am not the only one that's mentioned it in this thread.

And even without the problems, the auto-update is more convenient.

#156 Kyle Travis

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 210 posts

Posted 12 August 2016 - 09:40 AM

Awesome - thanks :)

#157 Dee Eight

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 12 August 2016 - 09:42 AM

Because I bought the right packs this year, I qualify for everything EXCEPT the one to get the stalker. Until a month ago I didn't even know there was a "loyalty" rewards thing in october (having only started playing Jan 4th). I was already spending money on the game and NOW they want to give me free bonuses... i am good with that.

#158 Jaspbo1

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 232 posts
  • LocationWoah

Posted 12 August 2016 - 09:43 AM

As the vain, narcissistic dirty bottom I am, my question is:

Does that camo shimmer and stuz? Similarly to how Thermal vision did back in the good ol' days?

Edited by Jaspbo1, 12 August 2016 - 09:44 AM.

#159 Felicitatem Parco

Professor of Memetics

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,522 posts
  • LocationIs Being Obscured By ECM

Posted 12 August 2016 - 09:44 AM

View PostOvion, on 12 August 2016 - 09:39 AM, said:

No, it means you have been exceptionally lucky.

I have had issues with the launcher and the problems I mentioned across 3 computers, over a few years.
My fiancee had it go funny a couple of times.
At least 5 of my friends have had the same / similar problems that I recall complaining about it.
I've seen numerous complaints about it on the forums.

I am not the only one that's mentioned it in this thread.

And even without the problems, the auto-update is more convenient.

I have never reinstalled after playing the game since Closed Beta before the Founder Invites were sent. The majority of the playerbase does not have to perform reinstalls. You hear about it much because we have 10s of thousands of players, but the ones with successful installs don't go running to the forums about how nothing bad happened with their application. You hear the squeaky wheels, not the greased Ines, and the greased ones FAR outnumber the squeaky ones.

If the problem is as bad as you say, then the forums would be 95% troubleshooting threads and hundreds would be posted per day.

Edited by Prosperity Park, 12 August 2016 - 09:46 AM.

#160 Hawk819

• The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 1,634 posts
  • Location666 Werewolf Lane. Transylvania, Romania Ph#: Transylvania 6-5000

Posted 12 August 2016 - 09:46 AM

I can see why many are apprehensive on getting the Summoner and Hellbringer F, but the Summoner M adds a little more spice to the mix.

Take the pods for F and M:

RA: 1 B, 1 E
LA : 1 B, 1 E
LT: 1 M, 1 E
RT: 1 E

That means 4 ER Meds, 2 MG's, and a LRM or Streak.

Hell, take the arms of the B variant, and add the R/LT: Energy Spots and the One Missile spot for M Variant, and viola!

A missile boat from hell: 3 LRM 10's/ 7.5, 2 ER Lg./ 8, and about 6.5 tons of ammo.

Now that's what I call a missile boat. :)

7 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 7 guests, 0 anonymous users