2016 Customer Appreciation Rewards Program!

819 replies to this topic

#101 Bud Crue

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 9,904 posts
  • LocationOn the farm in central Minnesota

Posted 12 August 2016 - 03:24 AM

Loyalty mechs and program: Thanks PGI.

With that said...

You need to fix the top tier rewards.

It seems to me you should keep the top tier as is, but then add a general exception clause of something like any one having spent over $100 on mechs regardless of package also qualifies (two collector packs is $80, so that is really what it ought to be, but I also get that you want to push folks to spend a little more).

#102 Bluttrunken

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Patron Saint
  • The Patron Saint
  • 830 posts

Posted 12 August 2016 - 03:28 AM

Um, nice. I need to get my hands on that Cataphract even though the paint shop looks like the effort of a 12 yo kid in painting a mini. I guess I can just change the colors, though. What's that camo called? Woodstock?

Anyway thx PGI for appreciating the fact that we put hundreds of dollars into your game. Forthcoming, I daresay.

Edited by Bluttrunken, 12 August 2016 - 03:29 AM.

#103 Appogee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts
  • LocationOn planet Tukayyid, celebrating victory

Posted 12 August 2016 - 03:32 AM

View Postscgt1, on 12 August 2016 - 03:21 AM, said:

This right here is a STEAMING PILE OF BULLS3$%!!!

I think what you meant to write was "I should not need to join Twitter in order to communicate with PGI."

If this was your point, then I agree with you.

But PGI wrote their own forums off long ago. They even got themselves banned from moderating their own product's Reddit sub-site.

#104 Nightshade24

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3,972 posts
  • LocationSolaris VII

Posted 12 August 2016 - 03:32 AM

View PostAnTi90d, on 12 August 2016 - 12:33 AM, said:

I'm not saying that the ECM Stalker would be ruined if they shove Power Draw into the game..

..I'm saying that it'd be a huge slap to the face of people that have already spent money on mechs, namely, any mech with 6+ energy hardpoints and especially to mechs that only have energy hardpoints. (The system also disproportionately affects IS mechs, since they are all battlemechs and can't change out omnipods to take more ballistics like most Clan mechs will be able to. RIP: Grasshoppers, Black Knights, Battlemasters, BH2, Boar's Head, etc..) Those mechs, sans PPC quirks, will be nearly useless.. and I won't financially support a company that treats its paying customers in such a callous manner.

And it's a slap to the face to mechs with 6+ Energy how?...
My Nova Prime with 12 er meds will be fine. My Kodaik 5 probably will be better. My battlemaster 1G and stuff will be fine, etc.
TBH I think the 6 SRM 6 Catapult will take a hit, and dual AC 20/ UAC 10 boats as well. etc...
Well, that's what will happen for me that is.

not sure what builds you are doing, and tbh if people are spending 100% of their money strictly on following the flavour of the month they had to change their mech and build nearly monthly anyway, their fault trying to get the '100% max effeciency' in MW: O and complain a small change or any change ruined their 5 er med laser timberwolf and forced to use a 4 med lasers inst-o h wait it just changed, now 2 large pulse lasers and gau- oh wait, now it's on the ebon jaguar, 2 large pulse and 4 med las- oh wait, Kodiak 4 uac 1-.... rinse and repeat.

I am mostly sitting there with mechs before and after ghost heat, nearly none are affected. those that "are" i used chain fire anyway.
When the new heat thing comes in my Kodiak 5 will be able to do something as well as that one executioner build I got.
If anything, I think this change is for the best overall. it also allows mechs to get quirks to push the boundries/ lower the penalties of this. ie: nova or awesome can easily fire more lasers/ ppc's then normal mechs... I do not know. Maybe I am that one odd person who uses more then 2 weapon groups and make builds that last and I will have fun with reguardless of the game changes...

View PostAnTi90d, on 12 August 2016 - 12:33 AM, said:

There are a plethora of other ideas that have been floated around that would raise TTK (which is already fine) while still allowing for weapon diversity.. Ideas that wouldn't relegate certain types of mechs into the trash-bin.. Ideas that wouldn't drastically take MWO off the path that MW2/MW3/MW4 and four years of MWO have been on. The game wouldn't be MWO, anymore.

Power Draw is cancer and I pray that it dies in PTS, just like laser-lock. If it's shoved into MWO, the game will turn into PPFLD-Warrior-Online. I like PPFLD as an option; I don't want it to be the only option.

Posted Image

TTK wasn't the main problem that the reactor is addressing. It was addressing the failure of Ghost heat. Because ghost heat had flaws... for eg... Oh no, you can't have 3 large pulse laser alpha strike as clan! Do not worry, that 3rd large pulse laser can be 4-6 ER medium lasers! yay! no penalty!

WTF, I can't alpha a few small lasers and medium pulse lasers together PGI!

Why is my LRM 5 counted as an LRM 20 if I fire 3 LRM's together and ones a 20?...

hey mom, look at me! 2 PPC + AC 20!

pffft, I know SRM's have ghost heat about 3 but no body cares. I'll alpha strike 4-6 anyway with little to no penalty.

etc....

What ghost heat did was fully kill of boating and some combinations (ie LRM 5' + other LRM's, or small/ med/ pulse lasers for clans, etc) while also provide side steps that creates the same problem they tried to fix to begin with (AC 20 + PPC's, Large pulse laser + ER mediums, etc).
Power Draw/ Reactor Draw was a community suggested idea. not only a community suggested idea but the most popular and supported one. With the youtube video show casing an idea concept of it had nearly all the comments show possitive feedback and people wishing that person was in charge of ballancing in MW: O (my post describing it and the quotes here: http://mwomercs.com/...66#entry5235066 ) Not PGI's problem that Power Draw was the most popular sugestion on the forums/ youtube/ twitter ever and that the momment they do it people randomly cry again PGI doesn't listen to their fanbase...
Anyway, Powerdraw is just a better ghost heat that does what ghost heat was meant to do from the start. I have no problem with that and I support it. I personally am hyped for it.
Personally I sort of liked the laser lock idea. I mean it made scout mechs and TAG useful, TAG in TT made not only LRM's lock on master but also more accurate- and lasers... and pulse lasers... and AC's... and gaussrifles. So this was the best way to make that work in MW: O. I personally want TAG to not be an LRM spotting exclusive weapon. AS well as wish targeting computers to be better and so on... IDK, maybe tagging your target reduces your beam durration or something and made ballistics / ppc's have higher velocity ? I wish it worked some way or another in MW: O.

besides, power draw helps out diversity on all mechs and has no bias to snipers, missile boats, scouts, and brawlers and juggernauts. Skirmishers will have the best out of this as well:- what was the worst role in MW: O but the best outside of MW is now viable on the wider picture now.

Besides, I can't think of any other system out there that can fix the problem with alpha striking and spamming besides say...
making that firing multiple weapons (or in general any weapon) have an RNG cone of fire... or removing Ghost heat and hello again 6 PPC stalkers....

PPFLD will be the least likely resault from Powerdraw. Like it's really hard to get worse then now anyway.

Besides, you sure power draw is cancer? last time I check it can't kill anyone.
You sure you are praying? Because I do not know what your god will think if you are praying for a game mechanic to die...

#105 scgt1

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 291 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationArlington, TX

Posted 12 August 2016 - 03:38 AM

View PostAppogee, on 12 August 2016 - 03:32 AM, said:

[/b]

I think what you meant to write was "I should not need to join Twitter in order to communicate with PGI."

If this was your point, then I agree with you.

But PGI wrote their own forums off long ago. They even got themselves banned from moderating their own product's Reddit sub-site.

Nah I meant exactly what I said. The fact you have to join a damn social media site Especially that mess of one to get your word at least glanced at is a joke. Never knew about the Reddit bit. I really can't stand that place. Micro managing {Godwin's Law} moderators. I limit my time there to PC sales and Hardwareswap sub reddit's or what ever they are called. The whole structure of that place is MEH. Maybe it's my age but I just can't stand the layout of that place. I'm used to good ol' forums.

Godwin's Law wtf thanks forum filter. I'm sure you can fill in the real blank it's not meant as a racial etc remark it is what it is.

Edited by scgt1, 12 August 2016 - 03:41 AM.

#106 Skaav

• PipPipPip
  • WC 2017 Qualifier
  • WC 2017 Qualifier
  • 66 posts

Posted 12 August 2016 - 03:43 AM

I find these limitations very obscure, maybe just add a 100$ IS / Clan threshold, this will also give People who still want to earn the Rewards a bit more flexibility in their purchases.

I Have spent well over 350 $ on this game in the eligibilty period, including steam packs, mc purchases and over 110 $ in IS Packs, yet I dont qualify for the IS/Ultimate Reward?

Luckily, because of the awesome Origins IIC Pack, I do qualify for the CLan Reward, but I (and my money) would feel a lot more appreciated, if I now dont have to jump through further monetary hoops to get these rewards.

Edited by Skaav, 12 August 2016 - 03:58 AM.

#107 Pz_DC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Recruit
  • 1,104 posts

Posted 12 August 2016 - 03:44 AM

Thanks a lot. But as I told before - make some unique rewards based on time played. That's a bit disappointing for all who know that project since (closed) beta to get same rewards as a newcomers. Make cumulative 'played time' reward - something like.. FOR EXAMPLE 15 MC/15k CB per 1 day of play time Posted Image

Edited by MGA121285, 12 August 2016 - 03:47 AM.

#108 ConanTheGamer

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 130 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationTexas

Posted 12 August 2016 - 03:47 AM

I have two separate accounts 1) ConanTheGamer (IS) 2)ConanFodder (Clan). I know for sure that both will be eligible for the for all the rewards mech. The question that I have, will I be eligible for the Ultimate Rewards Package for either (or both)?

My gut feeling is they won't but I figured it wouldn't hurt to ask.

#109 Shuruga

• PipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 38 posts

Posted 12 August 2016 - 03:49 AM

I don't know if it has been brought up before, but it seems that if you were one of those guys that preordered early adopter packages, especially the Warhammer and the Marauder Packages i.e. as soon as they came out, then you just forfeited your eligibility, since the purchases were made prior to October 6, 2015.

=> I think it would be more than fair to include the early adopter time windows for these purchases.

=> Similarly the announcement doesn't state if you have to own different packages or if a single collector pack would qualify you for both the (Faction) and Top Tier (Faction) reward. If it has been answered already, ignore.

P.S. To give an example, I bought all top tier collector packages (wave 1-3, origins) near the earliest preorder date. So this means none (!) of the above packs qualify for the clan top tier reward, and since I only bought the Kodiak pack after the above collector packs, I won't qualify for the top tier reward (I would need another "combination" mech pack). Seriously? I would say the actually loyal players are those that preordered their stuff.

It would have been fair to use the release date for the packs since this is actually the "legal" date when the purchase comes into effect (date of delivery of the goods...)

Edited by Shuruga, 12 August 2016 - 04:20 AM.

#110 scgt1

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 291 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationArlington, TX

Posted 12 August 2016 - 03:54 AM

View PostMGA121285, on 12 August 2016 - 03:44 AM, said:

Thanks a lot. But as I told before - make some unique rewards based on time played. That's a bit disappointing for all who know that project since (closed) beta to get same rewards as a newcomers. Make cumulative 'played time' reward - something like.. FOR EXAMPLE 15 MC/15k CB per 1 day of play time Posted Image

Your really onto something there. Actually REWARD the true supports/loyalists for amount of time spent with PGI. Playing the game as a whole. I think the MC option is a better choice and 1 day would be an accumulative amount of 24HR not just I got on say Jan 1st 2016 and played 1 match and died in 5 minutes as being 1 day. It should be an actual full accumulative amount of 24HR to qualify as 1 day play time. There should still be the tiered rewards that are in place for those that spend actual hard earned cash also but it needs to reach further and include more people aka dollar amounts not just certain packs. Hell they are completely leaving the bailout players from Steam out of the mix.

Although we are just sheep in this game though. Sheep paying the bills for the few that are PGI.

#111 Ace Selin

• 2,534 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 12 August 2016 - 04:08 AM

View PostArgond, on 11 August 2016 - 11:24 PM, said:

If one player purchased 2 collector packs, he will get top-tier reward.
If another player purchased 4 standard packs, he will not get top-tier reward.

In both cases 80 USD spent, but reward will be just in one case.

Could you please add option with 4 standard packs to top-tier reward?

This would be very nice. Hope they could add it.

#112 Bluttrunken

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Patron Saint
  • The Patron Saint
  • 830 posts

Posted 12 August 2016 - 04:09 AM

View PostConanTheGamer, on 12 August 2016 - 03:47 AM, said:

I have two separate accounts 1) ConanTheGamer (IS) 2)ConanFodder (Clan). I know for sure that both will be eligible for the for all the rewards mech. The question that I have, will I be eligible for the Ultimate Rewards Package for either (or both)?

My gut feeling is they won't but I figured it wouldn't hurt to ask.

As you said it's 2 separate accounts, so no, but maybe you can work something out with PGI's customer service.

#113 PJohann

• PipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 52 posts
  • LocationSoviet Union

Posted 12 August 2016 - 04:24 AM

Nothing for steam users? Lame.
Planned to get Marauder IIC later this week, but sorry PGI, "Your mechpacks are not going to get buyed"(c).

#114 Brethren

• PipPipPip
  • 94 posts

Posted 12 August 2016 - 04:28 AM

I am amazed... more like severly dissapointed... how many questions are being asked that are already adressed by the original notes last paragraph.

This is a forum, so you have proven that you can read. Now get off your lazy asses and read all the way through to the end.

Important Information for all Customer Appreciation Rewards

• Any Quirks in place for the above Loyalty Variants will be announced closer to their release.
• The unique Loyalty Pattern on these 'Mechs can be replaced with Standard and Faction-based Patterns.
• Reward eligibility for content acquired through Gift Code redemption is determined by the original purchase date of the Gift Code. Example: If you redeemed a Gift Code on August 10th 2016 that was purchased prior to October 6th 2015 at 10:01 AM PDT (5:01 PM UTC), you will not qualify for any associated Rewards.
• Rewards are provided to the Giftee, not the Gifter.
• You can only qualify for each individual Customer Appreciation Reward once.
• This years 'Mechs do not feature the same underlying cosmetic Armor Pattern seen on the the 2015 'Mechs. They feature a unique, standard Pattern instead.
• These Loyalty Variants will only be available through the 2016 Customer Appreciation program. The Standard, non-Loyalty versions of these variants will be available for MC and C-Bills at a future date, to be determined.
• Purchases must have been processed by our database no earlier than October 6th 2015 at 10:01 AM PDT (5:01 PM UTC) in order to automatically qualify for 2016 Customer Appreciation Reward eligibility.

Edited by Brethren, 12 August 2016 - 04:33 AM.

#115 WiIIiam

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 106 posts
  • LocationMississippi

Posted 12 August 2016 - 04:40 AM

is there any way outside of searching my email account to determine my purchase dates of packs, some function on MWO's website?

really don't want to search through my emails for this.

#116 Bolter01

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bite
  • The Bite
  • 224 posts
  • LocationAU

Posted 12 August 2016 - 04:53 AM

Thank You GG o7

#117 Clappie

Rookie

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 2 posts

Posted 12 August 2016 - 05:06 AM

The top-tier rewards really do need to be fixed. Make Steam players feel appreciated. Make people who buy a ton of standard mechpacks feel appreciated. And just make people who have spent a ton of money on your game feel appreciated.

You didn't really think this entirely through, did you PGI?

EDIT: I have never used this forum before. But I just thought this was such horsesh*t that I couldn't not write.

Edited by Clappie, 12 August 2016 - 05:06 AM.

#118 Dawnstealer

• Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 3,734 posts
  • LocationBlack Earth

Posted 12 August 2016 - 05:08 AM

ECM Stalker? Nice.

And I'm especially appreciative of the "Dawnstealer Hatchetman." Didn't expect that: thanks, guys.

I also want to be able to line up all my cupcakes on my mech-dashboard.

#119 Dee Eight

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 12 August 2016 - 05:13 AM

View PostPJohann, on 12 August 2016 - 04:24 AM, said:

Nothing for steam users? Lame.
Planned to get Marauder IIC later this week, but sorry PGI, "Your mechpacks are not going to get buyed"(c).

Stop being a steam user of the game, download the full client and play on a PC like most of us.

#120 Clappie

Rookie

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 2 posts

Posted 12 August 2016 - 05:18 AM

View PostDee Eight, on 12 August 2016 - 05:13 AM, said:

Stop being a steam user of the game, download the full client and play on a PC like most of us.

I have to ask. Do you know what Steam is?.... It doesn't sound like it.

First, Steam is on the PC. Most people who go around shouting "PC MASTERRACE" consider Steam their home, and Gaben their lord and savior.

Second, Steam > The Client. It downloads way faster. It allows to to easily chat with friends while playing, and it keeps easy track of the amount of time I have spent in the game.

(Unless you were using sarcasm or something advanced which my brain can't comprehend)

Edited by Clappie, 12 August 2016 - 05:18 AM.

8 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 8 guests, 0 anonymous users