2016 Customer Appreciation Rewards Program!

819 replies to this topic

#61 Jon McFuzzy

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 144 posts

Posted 11 August 2016 - 11:46 PM

I've spent my precious money on steam mech packs - will I be eligible for the IS/clan reward? T_T

Edited by Jon McFuzzy, 12 August 2016 - 12:26 AM.

#62 SQW

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 1,039 posts

Posted 11 August 2016 - 11:49 PM

I think I'm eligible for the for three rewards (those dirty cheating clanners). Appreciate the gesture PGI. Too bad CW/FP is such a hot mess atm.

Take a page from HBS on what fans really want from BT and you'll be making a mint from loyal fans instead of relying these mech packs every month for change.

#63 SQW

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 1,039 posts

Posted 11 August 2016 - 11:52 PM

View PostScout Derek, on 11 August 2016 - 11:05 PM, said:

Is there some way to indicate or have a sort of requirement check for us players that don't know if we qualify or not?

it'd be nice, make things simpler. but that's just me.

The Blackjack is a must. Time to buy MC.

The post says they'll put up a link for ppl to check their eligibility next wk. I'm pretty sure I'm over the 100-match mark.

#64 Argond

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 782 posts

Posted 11 August 2016 - 11:54 PM

And one more question.

Clan wave 2 Man-O-War Collection price is 120 USD.
Clan wave 3 Gladiator Collection price is 120 USD.
Origins 2C Highlander Collection price is 80 USD.

Clan wave 1 Masakari Collection price is 240 USD and it is enough for top tier reward.
Clan wave 1 Daishi Collection price is 120 USD (the same as full pack of wave 2 or full pack of wave 3), but it is not enough for prize.

Could you please change Daishi Collection instead of Masakari Collection in conditions of the program? It will be rightly for Daishi Collection owners.

Edited by Argond, 12 August 2016 - 12:05 AM.

#65 HerHareHair

• PipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 31 posts

Posted 11 August 2016 - 11:55 PM

Why no rewards for Steam Packs? Did you forget the game went on Steam within this year, and people buy through Steam as well?

#66 Berserker2011

Rookie

• The Butcher
  • The Butcher
  • 8 posts

Posted 12 August 2016 - 12:08 AM

Hi,
some people prefer hero mechs over collectors edition, so it would be nice for the next year to see it called out for "collectors or heros" (you still have to buy the standard versions to unlock the hero, so 35$ instead of 40$). But well, I get the ponit that real collectors are rewarded.

And thanks to the camo, I like it. Looks like the old heat vision in MWO so it will give me a nostalgic feeling (and some extra deaths Posted Image ).

[Edit]
An info page about beeing eligible is allready anounced, thx, didn't read that first.
[/Edit]

Edited by Berserker2011, 12 August 2016 - 12:15 AM.

#67 anfadern

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 270 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 12 August 2016 - 12:09 AM

I think I'm eligible for the for some rewards but my profile does not allow me to check that in an easy way.
I suggest you do something about the content/redeem/preorders flaps.
It is something that will drive your sales so it ought to be prioritized.

#68 Lorginir

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 101 posts

Posted 12 August 2016 - 12:12 AM

View PostHerHareHair, on 11 August 2016 - 11:55 PM, said:

Why no rewards for Steam Packs? Did you forget the game went on Steam within this year, and people buy through Steam as well?

I'd like to know this, also. Purrhaps stream pack do qualify for MC purchase?

#69 Hemholtz

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Phoenix
  • The Phoenix
  • 113 posts

Posted 12 August 2016 - 12:19 AM

View PostC R O A K E R, on 11 August 2016 - 11:40 PM, said:

cous u can, simple u will get a duplicates (in 2015 I got x2 Atlas (L), x2 Centurion (L) etc.)

Erm...that's probably cause they released the loyalty mechs multiple times with almost similar criteria at different time periods...
You can get 1 cataphract and 1 Stalker....but not 2 cataphracts and 2 stalkers....

#70 Nightshade24

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3,972 posts
  • LocationSolaris VII

Posted 12 August 2016 - 12:25 AM

View PostDGTLDaemon, on 11 August 2016 - 11:11 PM, said:

Fair enough, but wouldn't it be reasonable then to make it sellable, so that those who don't need this specific mech could at least get a free mechbay in its place? Just hoping someone at PGI is reading this. Once again, any free stuff is greatly appreciated, but for those of us playing the Clan side of the war, a free IS mech is a free zero, zilch, nothing, so this kind of reward doesn't make any sense.

PGI is working on making certain planet with production capabilities/ have storage of a mech will be allowed to use on the faction that just captured it reguardless of tech.
This BJ, the earlier Centurion, etc. Could be used by clans someday soon and in all realism the Clans never sold IS mechs of for scrap in lore, they used them... and in MW: O they expect most people to play any tech. If you are an RP'er then just pretend that BJ is a captured IS Stiener mech and you may use it as a garrison force when you are defending a planet in a few months time. I mean in all practicalities. A stripped BJ t hat still exists in your mech hanger with free stuff is still better and should pose no harm or problems to those that do not use it. You can easily click on the clan only filter if you do not want it in your sights and leave it like that... done. (Also selling the chassis itself is very cheap if you could sell it, the tech on it sells for more... getting what... 100,000 C-bills isn't quite that worth it especially since it could make 150,000 C-bills in a single match...)

#71 Kuaron

• Senior Captain
  • Senior Captain
  • 1,105 posts

Posted 12 August 2016 - 12:30 AM

View PostJon McFuzzy, on 11 August 2016 - 11:46 PM, said:

I've spent my precious money on steam mech packs - will I be eligible for the IS/clan reward? T_T

View PostNightshade24, on 11 August 2016 - 08:36 PM, said:

Hey Alex, does buying the steam package count towards the BJ-2 Black Jack for the customer appreciation? My friend asked this due to the 2000 MC it gives being injected into his account and recorded on the purchase history. He isn't quite keen on buying more things on the game right now and is bummed out that the steam packages do nothing for the package mechs despite the cost.

Something I too am curious about. Do steam packs count for something?

#72 AnTi90d

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,229 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • Locationhttps://voat.co/

Posted 12 August 2016 - 12:33 AM

View PostNightshade24, on 11 August 2016 - 11:03 PM, said:

The power draw thing is mostly going to support mechs with a viarity of weapons. So lazer vomit/ dakka-warrior / 6 ppc stalkers are not the way to go.

Stalker 3Fb?... perfect. You can run that thing stock and do fine. It makes a great LRM boat as well as allowing you to try something like 2 ER large lasers, 4 medium pulse, and 2 SRM 6's. My personal build will keep with LRM's but I can see the Stalker 3Fb not hurt by the changes.

I'm not saying that the ECM Stalker would be ruined if they shove Power Draw into the game..

..I'm saying that it'd be a huge slap to the face of people that have already spent money on mechs, namely, any mech with 6+ energy hardpoints and especially to mechs that only have energy hardpoints. (The system also disproportionately affects IS mechs, since they are all battlemechs and can't change out omnipods to take more ballistics like most Clan mechs will be able to. RIP: Grasshoppers, Black Knights, Battlemasters, BH2, Boar's Head, etc..) Those mechs, sans PPC quirks, will be nearly useless.. and I won't financially support a company that treats its paying customers in such a callous manner.

There are a plethora of other ideas that have been floated around that would raise TTK (which is already fine) while still allowing for weapon diversity.. Ideas that wouldn't relegate certain types of mechs into the trash-bin.. Ideas that wouldn't drastically take MWO off the path that MW2/MW3/MW4 and four years of MWO have been on. The game wouldn't be MWO, anymore.

Power Draw is cancer and I pray that it dies in PTS, just like laser-lock. If it's shoved into MWO, the game will turn into PPFLD-Warrior-Online. I like PPFLD as an option; I don't want it to be the only option.

Posted Image

#73 The Basilisk

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,270 posts
  • LocationFrankfurt a.M.

Posted 12 August 2016 - 12:34 AM

Nice.....2mio C-Bills + 3Mechs to play with.Posted Image

#74 DGTLDaemon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • 746 posts
  • LocationUkraine

Posted 12 August 2016 - 12:36 AM

View PostNightshade24, on 12 August 2016 - 12:25 AM, said:

Also selling the chassis itself is very cheap if you could sell it, the tech on it sells for more... getting what... 100,000 C-bills isn't quite that worth it especially since it could make 150,000 C-bills in a single match...

Nah. Selling the chassis gets you the most valuable, literally priceless thing in the game that cannot be bought with any amount of C-Bills ;)

#75 MrPepper

Rookie

• Ace Of Spades
  • 7 posts
  • LocationSPb

Posted 12 August 2016 - 12:38 AM

Same concern about steam packs. Do they count anyhow in terms of loyality? I've bought 2 and thinking about buying the rest.

Edited by MrPepper, 12 August 2016 - 12:38 AM.

#76 Valistan

• PipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 47 posts

Posted 12 August 2016 - 12:44 AM

View PostMrPepper, on 12 August 2016 - 12:38 AM, said:

Same concern about steam packs. Do they count anyhow in terms of loyality? I've bought 2 and thinking about buying the rest.
Same question. I've bought all 4 steam packs.

#77 el piromaniaco

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 957 posts
  • LocationVienna

Posted 12 August 2016 - 12:47 AM

Wheew!

Cbills, Mechbay, Blackjack, Cataphract, Stalker for free!

thanks PGI!

#78 Aramuside

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 998 posts

Posted 12 August 2016 - 01:03 AM

View PostKosapt, on 11 August 2016 - 07:20 PM, said:

So it is possible to buy every single mech pack starting from Marauder and not be egible for any top tier reward IS or clan.
I understand that PGI wants to incentivize collector packs sells, but for few people who bought all or most single packs there is little reason to buy them since they would already be swiming in premium time from standard packages and (s) variants are usually worst of the pack. There is no thank you for buying heroes either, which half time are not even good either and do not come with extra bling.

So in other words one could spend 555$ on packs alone this year and still not qualify for top tier reward.
That feels kind of disapointing one could think that buying all IS or clan packs would qualify one for top tier reward, but thats not a case.

Not how I read it at all from the requirements theres an either the "old" ones or two+ from the list.

** Eligible combinations: At least two Collector Packs from any combination of the following: UrbanMech;Marauder; Warhammer; Rifleman; Archer; Phoenix Hawk; Cyclops.

I bought the Marauder, Warhammer, Pheonix Hawk and Cyclops so qualify.

Edit: Sorry just clicked - I presume you mean you stuck at the base $20 rather than getting the Collectors. Surprised it would come to $555 then.

Edited by Aramuside, 12 August 2016 - 01:14 AM.

#79 Tier5 Kerensky

• Bridesmaid
  • 2,049 posts

Posted 12 August 2016 - 01:06 AM

So I have registered on 27th of December 2015. Probably played my first few games then, though I've started to play more only around spring. Soon I'm at 1000 fights.

So do I qualify for the first reward? So that it doesn't matter when you have registered or started to play, as long as you have played 100 games between 6th October 2015 and 18th October 2016 you are fine?

I don't know if it's confusing or not to others, English is not my native language, it's about what the "since" means. I have not played since October 2015, I have only played since December 2015 as that was when I registered.

Eligibility Conditions
You must have played at least 100 matches since October 6th 2015 at 10:01 AM PDT (5:01 PM UTC).

Deadline for Eligibility
October 18th 2016 at 10:00 AM PDT (5:00 PM UTC).

#80 DGTLDaemon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • 746 posts
  • LocationUkraine

Posted 12 August 2016 - 01:12 AM

View PostTeer5, on 12 August 2016 - 01:06 AM, said:

So that it doesn't matter when you have registered or started to play, as long as you have played 100 games between 6th October 2015 and 18th October 2016 you are fine?

This is how I would interpret it, although I am not a native English speaker, either. The rules don't say anything about the registration date.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users