2016 Customer Appreciation Rewards Program!

819 replies to this topic

#121 Chrithu

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 1,601 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 12 August 2016 - 05:18 AM

An energy heavy Cataphract with MASC? Ok that was the last Argument I needed for getting an Archer Collector's pack. Had an eye on the archer anyways.

#122 Skaav

• PipPipPip
  • WC 2017 Qualifier
  • WC 2017 Qualifier
  • 66 posts

Posted 12 August 2016 - 05:20 AM

I sent a polite bur firm complaint to Customer Services, its actually the only way Im sure Im gonna get heard AND associated with my purchases.

I encourage everyone who spent more than 160$ in the eligibility period,but does not qualify, to do the same, i dont think it is very appreciative to ignore reinforcement, hero, steam and MC purchases and only make a small subset of purchases eligible.

#123 Dee Eight

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 12 August 2016 - 05:22 AM

View PostClappie, on 12 August 2016 - 05:18 AM, said:

I have to ask. Do you know what Steam is?.... It doesn't sound like it.

I know what it is. I also know that the straight MWO client works better.

#124 HammerMaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 2,516 posts
  • LocationNew Hampshire, USA

Posted 12 August 2016 - 05:28 AM

Yay! Loyalty mechs!
Boo! That pattern/paint WTH.
First loyalty paint were gorgeous. Possibly best in game. Second one meh but not horrible. These ones come on! Its lame. No ifs ands buts. Lame. And no custom geometry?
As the forums have stated. People who have spent a threshold of $ should be considered. 5 standard packs is still $100.
Oh and steam! This has brought some of the most immature, loudmouth, terribad, abrasive players I have seen of late. But they spent good $ also. Throw em a bone man.

Edited by HammerMaster, 12 August 2016 - 05:47 AM.

#125 PJohann

• PipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 52 posts
  • LocationSoviet Union

Posted 12 August 2016 - 05:31 AM

View PostDee Eight, on 12 August 2016 - 05:22 AM, said:

In which way? Steam downloads same client. And also, your comment is out of topic. I bought couple mechpacks in steam and they should be considered at least enough to get the Blackjack. But, PGI said no words about steam packs.

#126 Barantor

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,592 posts
  • LocationLexington, KY USA

Posted 12 August 2016 - 05:32 AM

I've been playing this game for a long time and had more stability issues with their patcher client than I have had with steam AND steam updates my game if I leave my pc on during patch day so I can play right away.

#127 Veiled Cause

• PipPip
  • The Serpent
  • The Serpent
  • 27 posts

Posted 12 August 2016 - 05:34 AM

Art team were like:
1: Okay we need to think of a paintjob for this year's loyalty variants. Any idea?
2: Err... No
3: Same here :c
4: @ -@
1: ... Dude? Are you okay?
4: You guys need to try this ****
*A few hours later after a good trip through LSD*

1: Okay... Are you having the same idea as I do?
All: Oh yes...

And so the L(oyalty)SD mech skins were born.

#128 Bud Crue

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 9,891 posts
  • LocationOn the farm in central Minnesota

Posted 12 August 2016 - 05:39 AM

View PostMGA121285, on 12 August 2016 - 03:44 AM, said:

Thanks a lot. But as I told before - make some unique rewards based on time played. That's a bit disappointing for all who know that project since (closed) beta to get same rewards as a newcomers. Make cumulative 'played time' reward - something like.. FOR EXAMPLE 15 MC/15k CB per 1 day of play time Posted Image

I don't think PGI is looking to reward time played, but rather money spent, and to try and get folks who did spend to spend a little more. Oh well. In contrast to that:

View PostInnerSphereNews, on 11 August 2016 - 05:47 PM, said:

Important Information for all Customer Appreciation Rewards

• Rewards are provided to the Giftee, not the Gifter.

How are you rewarding any aspect of "loyalty" by rewarding someone who was merely gifted stuff versus rewarding the person spending the money on the gift? I don't understand that.

Edited by Bud Crue, 12 August 2016 - 05:39 AM.

#129 metallio

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 196 posts

Posted 12 August 2016 - 05:45 AM

So how do I check the date I bought the warhammer/marauder/etc? I'm a little nonplussed that it's possible I bought packs whose early adopter window closed on Oct 31st and might not qualify for the Oct 6th cutoff on loyalty. Maybe it's not a big deal, but it seems like it could be.

#130 Kinski Orlawisch

• Galaxy Commander III
  • Galaxy Commander III
  • 2,282 posts
  • LocationHH

Posted 12 August 2016 - 05:57 AM

Ordered my Maro Collectors too early....So I miss one Collectors...Yes I orederd all..but not as Collectors..So I have to upgrade newer packages to qualify? Hmmmm....Ordering too quick is a failure I see.

#131 RickDiasPK

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 134 posts

Posted 12 August 2016 - 06:09 AM

I'm not feeling all that appreciated, so much as 'targeted for an obvious ploy to suck more money out of me.'

I've bought the $70 pack for the Huntsman, $35 on the Phoenix Hawk (wanted Paul Masters' PXH), and several $20 packs like the Archer and Warhammer. Tha's a lot of money. Money I probably shouldn't have spent, but I did.

I would really like to get my STK-3Fb if I'm such an 'appreciated customer', but I am NOT putting out more money to get it. In fact, I find the criteria for getting it so arbitrary that I will be massively reducing how much I spend on MWO from this point forward.

Not even remotely interested in the clan rewards, I'll never use them, but that STK-3Fb was definitely something I wanted. I've spent more than enough to earn something like it, frankly. PGI, please revise the conditions for awarding it.

#132 Kinski Orlawisch

• Galaxy Commander III
  • Galaxy Commander III
  • 2,282 posts
  • LocationHH

Posted 12 August 2016 - 06:10 AM

View Postmetallio, on 12 August 2016 - 05:45 AM, said:

So how do I check the date I bought the warhammer/marauder/etc? I'm a little nonplussed that it's possible I bought packs whose early adopter window closed on Oct 31st and might not qualify for the Oct 6th cutoff on loyalty. Maybe it's not a big deal, but it seems like it could be.

Check your Emails...there are the dates inside. I preorderd the collections too early......

#133 Mawai

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,495 posts

Posted 12 August 2016 - 06:22 AM

View Postknightsljx, on 11 August 2016 - 10:30 PM, said:

Self serving post but if Clan wave I counts towards Top tier rewards, why not the Phoenix Overlord pack owners?

I would understand if only newer packs are given the rewards, but if we're going back, why not go back all the way?

No matter what packs are included they have to have been purchased since Oct 6, 2015 to qualify for this years loyalty rewards. Is the Phoenix pack still available for sale? All the other mentioned packs can still be purchased.

Also, would it be possible to add a web page to the profile section showing individual eligibility for the various rewards?

Edited by Mawai, 12 August 2016 - 06:45 AM.

#134 MechB Kotare

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 720 posts
  • LocationHuntress

Posted 12 August 2016 - 07:13 AM

Hmmmm, Summoner F/M.....

I hope at least one of them will come out with Side torso energy slot, or at least 2 side torso missile slots...

#135 Ovion

• The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 3,182 posts

Posted 12 August 2016 - 07:16 AM

It would be nice if any combination of IS / Clan packs with a value of $80+ counted for the 'Top Tier' IS / Clan reward.

View Postknightsljx, on 11 August 2016 - 10:30 PM, said:

Self serving post but if Clan wave I counts towards Top tier rewards, why not the Phoenix Overlord pack owners?

I would understand if only newer packs are given the rewards, but if we're going back, why not go back all the way?
It's for those packs bought since Oct 16 last year.
Not existing owners.

As nice as that would be for those of us with them, it's not the case.

View PostKuaron, on 11 August 2016 - 11:06 PM, said:

How came so many people have the collector variants of the packs?
I don't really see their purpose. One month premium and a credits boost on one the variants (which isn't such a big thing as in WoT, e.g.) for 20$? Why? I guess, it's still a sale, as in this game premium time is so expensive, but...
It comes with more cosmetic stuff, and a 4th variant with a C-Bill bonus.

View PostC R O A K E R, on 11 August 2016 - 11:40 PM, said:

cous u can, simple u will get a duplicates (in 2015 I got x2 Atlas (L), x2 Centurion (L) etc.)
That was from two separate events, not multiples from the CAR program.

View PostMawai, on 12 August 2016 - 06:22 AM, said:

Also, would it be possible to add a web page to the profile section showing individual eligibility for the various rewards?
That's coming next week apparently.

Edited by Ovion, 12 August 2016 - 07:17 AM.

#136 Luscious Dan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 1,146 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationEdmonton, AB

Posted 12 August 2016 - 07:23 AM

View PostMechB Kotare, on 12 August 2016 - 07:13 AM, said:

Hmmmm, Summoner F/M.....

I hope at least one of them will come out with Side torso energy slot, or at least 2 side torso missile slots...

https://mwomercs.com...n-mech-loadouts

1E/1M left torso on the SMN-M, and 1E right torso on the F.

Some interesting mechs in the mix this year.

#137 Satan n stuff

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 3,508 posts
  • LocationLooking right at you, lining up my shot.

Posted 12 August 2016 - 07:23 AM

I like that you're adding some frequently requested mech variants and giving away free stuff, but from the looks of it these loyalty mechs are probably going to be some of the best variants of the chassis so that's getting very close to pay2win. Currently none of these chassis are the best in their class and the new variants probably won't be either, but expect balance problems to arise almost instantly, the powercreep is real.

I might get some of the new packs since the extra mech variants up the value enough for me to consider it, I'm pretty sure my last purchase was before October 6th 2015 so I'd get extra value on any pack.
Hint: Charger, Annihilator.

Edited by Satan n stuff, 12 August 2016 - 07:25 AM.

#138 Johnny 3u

Rookie

• Knight Errant
  • 7 posts

Posted 12 August 2016 - 07:26 AM

Is the Inner Sphere reward ok if i buy a urbanmech with mc (i know with cbills it doesn't works) or only if i buy the pack ?

Edited by Johnny 3u, 12 August 2016 - 07:27 AM.

#139 Ovion

• The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 3,182 posts

Posted 12 August 2016 - 07:29 AM

Also - to those complaining about the Loyalty Camo:
I really like Iridescence, I'm sure others do too.
IMO, this is one of the better camos.

It's all down to personal taste.

Ha.
Since the launcher was put on Steam, and I immediately switched to it I:
Haven't had to reinstall the game because the updater corrupted the game.
Haven't had my settings wiped because the updater reset them.
Haven't had to wait potentially hours for MWO to update when I open the launcher, because it's already updated for me in the background.
Haven't had the launcher crash because it's trying to check for updates and screwed up.

On the other hand - I have been able to smoothly open and play the game for ages now.

Edited by Ovion, 12 August 2016 - 07:30 AM.

#140 Dee Eight

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 12 August 2016 - 07:44 AM

View PostOvion, on 12 August 2016 - 07:29 AM, said:

Since the launcher was put on Steam, and I immediately switched to it I:
Haven't had to reinstall the game because the updater corrupted the game.
Haven't had my settings wiped because the updater reset them.
Haven't had to wait potentially hours for MWO to update when I open the launcher, because it's already updated for me in the background.
Haven't had the launcher crash because it's trying to check for updates and screwed up.

On the other hand - I have been able to smoothly open and play the game for ages now.

Good for you. Meanwhile I have NEVER had to re-install. The patch updates have never corrupted the game. None of my settings have ever changed. Never had the launcher crash looking for updates, and never had any of the other things you're complaining about. Perhaps the problem was never the game and only your computer.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users