2016 Customer Appreciation Rewards Program!

819 replies to this topic

#461 Dee Eight

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 16 August 2016 - 06:07 PM

Well since they (PGI) ALREADY said they've consider doing it differently in the future... as well as explained WHY they've done it this way this year... any more posting of the same stuff... is just more whining. Asked and Answered. THREE DAYS AGO...and yet people keep whining and harping on the issue.

View PostAlexander Garden, on 12 August 2016 - 01:51 PM, said:

While we understand the perspectives expressed in this thread and elsewhere, the Customer Appreciation reward structure is determined by package tier, not flat dollar value. If the system operated by pure dollar value a single high-value MC purchase could potentially qualify you for every Reward tier, which isn’t in the spirit of how we currently structure the Program.
Wave 1 Masakari is priced higher than the Origins IIC Highlander Collection, but they are both the Top-Tier of their associated Pack and are thus both eligible for the same Reward.
Their equivalency is in their Top-Tier status; not in their dollar value.

The spirit of these Rewards is to show our appreciation for players who acquire different levels of purchasable content. The Top-Tier Inner Sphere and Clan Rewards are intended for players who have acquired either the highest tier of one of the original Packs, or two Collector Packs under the newer Pack systems. The two Collector Pack eligibility condition was an addition we made during last years’ Customer Appreciation Program based on your feedback, and is an addition we carried over to this year.
For players who have acquired Standard Packs, or Standard Packs and Add-Ons, the base Inner Sphere or Clan Reward is offered.

We may examine a more flexible structure for these Programs in the future, but the 2016 Program will remain with its current structure.

To address a separate question, regarding purchases of content shortly before the start of this years’ eligibility period, those purchases would have qualified for their associated Rewards from the 2015 Customer Appreciation Program. They do not apply again to the 2016 Program.

http://giphy.com/gif...n-RL0xU1daTlMoE

Edited by Dee Eight, 16 August 2016 - 06:09 PM.

#462 MovinTarget

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Field Marshal
  • Field Marshal
  • 3,831 posts
  • LocationGreen Acres

Posted 16 August 2016 - 06:09 PM

I sympathize with those that feel burned and i hope they (PGI) consider this for future loyalty rewards. At the same time apart from oversights like the steam packs, i see an even greater s-storm if they set a precedent by letting players dictate the loyalty qualifications.

I don't know how many of you have ventured out into the real world to purchase things. It doesn't matter how much i spend at home depot, they don't give free stuff. If i bought one of every possible Ferraris on the market, it gives me no sway with the company for future initiatives and plans. If i made purchases a year ago, how can i expect the company from whom i purchased to extend to me an offer made to others who have purchased the same things more recently?

Seriously, give me a comp game that does loyalty rewards better than MWO... WoT? WoW? I don't know/play many online games so perhaps you can point to a game that has a comparable model that rewards player purchases better.

Edited by MovinTarget, 16 August 2016 - 06:11 PM.

#463 RavenKnight86

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 205 posts

Posted 16 August 2016 - 06:18 PM

Just cause you label it whining does not make it whining. It is paying customers adding their voices and their opinions on how the rewards work. It is my right as a paying customer to make my voice heard. It is EVERY paying customer's right to make their voice heard. Now stop trying to silence those who want to let this company know they are displeased with how the rewards work this year considering the change in Mech pack sales. Just because the PGI Customer Service Lead said something about it doesn't mean no one else can add their opinion and voice. Or do you honestly believe paying customers can't voice their opinion to a company on that company's forums?

#464 Dee Eight

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 16 August 2016 - 07:16 PM

View PostRavenKnight86, on 16 August 2016 - 06:18 PM, said:

Just cause you label it whining does not make it whining. It is paying customers adding their voices and their opinions on how the rewards work. It is my right as a paying customer to make my voice heard. It is EVERY paying customer's right to make their voice heard. Now stop trying to silence those who want to let this company know they are displeased with how the rewards work this year considering the change in Mech pack sales. Just because the PGI Customer Service Lead said something about it doesn't mean no one else can add their opinion and voice. Or do you honestly believe paying customers can't voice their opinion to a company on that company's forums?

So email the company then. They've stopped paying attention this topic thread. They've answered the questions already. They're ignoring new postings of the same stuff they already addressed. I'm a paying customer too. I'd very much like you [Redacted] to [Redacted] before PGI decides its simpler NOT to offer rewards at all.

Edited by draiocht, 02 September 2016 - 11:45 AM.
insult, language

#465 RavenKnight86

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 205 posts

Posted 16 August 2016 - 07:21 PM

I'd rather you not tell paying customers how to voice their concerns to the company. If you don't like it you can simply not view this topic anymore.

Edit: Also I didn't know you were PGI staff and knew for a fact they were ignoring this topic now.

Edited by RavenKnight86, 16 August 2016 - 07:22 PM.

#466 Opus Krokus

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 22 posts

Posted 16 August 2016 - 07:28 PM

View PostAlexander Garden, on 12 August 2016 - 01:51 PM, said:

To address a separate question, regarding purchases of content shortly before the start of this years’ eligibility period, those purchases would have qualified for their associated Rewards from the 2015 Customer Appreciation Program. They do not apply again to the 2016 Program.

If you want to avoid hurt feelings, use different packages for the qualifications - Resistance 1 for last year and Resistance 2 for this year (R3 for next year?). Otherwise you are going to make people mad. I can tell you that I and my friends will not be making another purchase of one of those packages (or much of anything else) for a long time, if ever. We are adults with disposable income. I am sure we are not the only ones. This is costing you cold, hard cash over something that (once developed) costs you nothing to deliver.

I have one friend who, up until this point, has bought every package that you have put out (Clan and IS). The only exception is that he has not bought every $20 single mech add on. He will not be buying another. Ever. He is angry.

The answer from my group for the quoted concern is that we do not care. It would be one thing if we had not bought the package in question, it is another that we bought it too early. You have every right to make those rules, and we have every right to take our money elsewhere.

#467 Opus Krokus

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 22 posts

Posted 16 August 2016 - 07:39 PM

View PostDee Eight, on 16 August 2016 - 07:16 PM, said:

So email the company then. They've stopped paying attention this topic thread. They've answered the questions already. They're ignoring new postings of the same stuff they already addressed. I'm a paying customer too. I'd very much like you [Redacted] to [Redacted] before PGI decides its simpler NOT to offer rewards at all.

Do you have any idea how much of a jerk you are? This is the way your posts come across: "Your opinion differs form mine... SHUT YOUR FREAKING PIE WHOLE YOU #@!$ING MORON!"

I am expecting a quick reply based on the number of posts you have already made. I will never read it. Have a good life. I know I will.

Edited by draiocht, 02 September 2016 - 12:20 PM.
Quote Clean-Up

#468 Joey

• PipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 26 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationCollierville, TN

Posted 16 August 2016 - 08:11 PM

View PostOpus Krokus, on 16 August 2016 - 07:28 PM, said:

If you want to avoid hurt feelings, use different packages for the qualifications - Resistance 1 for last year and Resistance 2 for this year (R3 for next year?). Otherwise you are going to make people mad. I can tell you that I and my friends will not be making another purchase of one of those packages (or much of anything else) for a long time, if ever. We are adults with disposable income. I am sure we are not the only ones. This is costing you cold, hard cash over something that (once developed) costs you nothing to deliver.

I have one friend who, up until this point, has bought every package that you have put out (Clan and IS). The only exception is that he has not bought every $20 single mech add on. He will not be buying another. Ever. He is angry.

The answer from my group for the quoted concern is that we do not care. It would be one thing if we had not bought the package in question, it is another that we bought it too early. You have every right to make those rules, and we have every right to take our money elsewhere.

I could not agree more with this.

I actually qualify for every requirement except the "Top Tier IS Reward" ... and I actually OWN both of those IS collections. I also own more than two of the individual eligible combinations.

This is kind of a slap in the face to those who tend to buy and support the game when each mech collection is announced.

The sad thing is that I buy all of these mechs but pretty much only play my single favorite mech.

You guys need to reconsider what you consider "loyalty" and how it is rewarded.

#469 ExAstra

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Predator
  • The Predator
  • 131 posts

Posted 16 August 2016 - 09:13 PM

View PostRavenKnight86, on 16 August 2016 - 03:07 PM, said:

Does anyone notice the people calling those entitled are the ones who have been here a year or less? Yet the guys who have been here years and most likely spent hundreds, if not thousands, of dollars are being called entitled for pointing out how they feel this year's rewards don't accurately reflect the shift in their business model. You are entitled to your opinion, just as I'm entitled to state my opinion that I feel this reward structure doesn't reflect the shift in their purchasing model. Up until the latest release the early adopter rewards were some C-bills, 4 modules, a pattern, and cockpit items. To anyone who has spent a bunch of time in the game and a bunch of money on packs already these are but a pittance. I can understand how that seems like a lot to you newer guys but to those long time, loyal customers it's as I said a pittance. And is it really entitlement to point out how players could have spent hundreds more and not qualify for top tier rewards. I think that is pointing out to a company that it hasn't kept up to date with their marketing department when it comes to rewards. Of course that has been pointed out numerous times in this thread and some still don't understand it. Hell I only qualify for half the rewards and ain't really bitching cause I got so much nowadays I'd rather wait for C-bill releases than waste my hard earned money.

I helped found this game, and I think you are acting entitled. There goes the first half of your post.

I haven't seen any legitimate reasons for people being overly upset about this.

I understand being upset that you don't qualify for a certain tier of reward. I'm kind of upset I don't get the ECM stalker. I don't understand people whining about how it's not fair.

It is fair and changing the rules to suit your personal preferences is what would not be fair.

#470 Ace Selin

• 2,534 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 16 August 2016 - 10:37 PM

View PostJaidenHaze, on 16 August 2016 - 03:45 PM, said:

I strongly disagree. There is no gain for PGI and I don't see a reason why it has to be a dollar value, since PGI wants to sell specific products.

So youre saying its not a Loyalty reward but a way for PGI to sell more packs and earn more money, gotcha.

#471 Alby1976au

• Pip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 11 posts

Posted 16 August 2016 - 11:27 PM

Marauder pack + hero, also clan top tier, 2 weeks before 6 Oct, denied.

#472 latinisator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 576 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 17 August 2016 - 12:13 AM

If you want to avoid hurt feelings, use different packages for the qualifications - Resistance 1 for last year and Resistance 2 for this year (R3 for next year?).

Denied! What if a new player buys such a package. Is he not loyal then?

It would be one thing if we had not bought the package in question, it is another that we bought it too early.

Early adopter rewards? Qualified for last years loyalty? Stop acting like a three years old, seriously. As early adopters, we got our candy already.

That being said, I would agree on a change on a Dollar basis for IS: buy a top tier packageor 2 collector editions or 4 standard packs.

For Clans: top tier or 2 collector editions or 4 standard packs.

Steam packs should also qualify: 2 packs = IS and Clan reward. 4 packs = top tiers respectively.

Edited by latinisator, 17 August 2016 - 12:22 AM.

#473 JaidenHaze

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Butcher
  • The Butcher
  • 738 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 17 August 2016 - 01:37 AM

Just a small fact for everyone who keeps talking about 500 angry costumers in this thread. We have ~470 replies and the top 5 posters contributed 94 posts alone.

I think that speaks for itself

#474 VoodooLou Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 595 posts
  • LocationMember #2618

Posted 17 August 2016 - 02:01 AM

Got onto Closed Beta Test without paying (a look at my member number might explain), and havent spent alot of real money,enough to get the CN9-AH (the Loyalty one and the Xmas one), think I got some cupcakes,a clappin surat,a couple skull pumpkins as goodies from the 'Give Me's' PGI's done over the years.not upset about any challenges I didnt finish etcc. Was a little surprised that the MechCon Patron purchase doesnt qualify me for the MC award. Guess I'll have to spend $7 get some MC and spend $20 on the Marauder IIc. Not that the rewards are stupendous but I like to have something special as a 'Thank You' for playing and paying. Maybe the Patron thing for MechCon got overlooked *shrug*Benefit of the doubt.

#475 Jay Leon Hart

• The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 4,669 posts

Posted 17 August 2016 - 08:33 AM

View PostRavenKnight86, on 16 August 2016 - 03:07 PM, said:

Does anyone notice the people calling those entitled are the ones who have been here a year or less? Yet the guys who have been here years and most likely spent hundreds, if not thousands, of dollars are being called entitled for pointing out how they feel this year's rewards don't accurately reflect the shift in their business model. *snip*

*waves*

Hi, I'm a Founder. Some people here seem entitled. An Add-On is not a Pack. That is all.

#476 Jay Leon Hart

• The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 4,669 posts

Posted 17 August 2016 - 08:39 AM

View PostLordLosh, on 16 August 2016 - 03:38 PM, said:

I think we could all agree that the guidelines for all rewards should have been a dollar set value. then there would be no confusion or catering to one side or the other.

Not really. If PGI can get $80 for 8 'mechs or $80 for 12 'mechs, which choice do you think they prefer? I'm not saying what they have done is right, I just see why they chose to do it they way they did.

#477 General Solo

• Legendary Founder
  • 3,625 posts

Posted 17 August 2016 - 09:45 AM

View PostJaidenHaze, on 17 August 2016 - 01:37 AM, said:

Just a small fact for everyone who keeps talking about 500 angry costumers in this thread. We have ~470 replies and the top 5 posters contributed 94 posts alone. I think that speaks for itself

Are you saying there are only
381 angray customers

470-94+5=381

Do only your top 10 posts count?

Edited by OZHomerOZ, 17 August 2016 - 09:49 AM.

#478 Kshat

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,229 posts

Posted 17 August 2016 - 11:40 AM

View PostMovinTarget, on 16 August 2016 - 06:09 PM, said:

If i bought one of every possible Ferraris on the market, it gives me no sway with the company for future initiatives and plans.

On a totally side note: if you would've ever bought a Ferrari you would know that this company got a pretty cool loyalty program.
The Ferrari Owner's club regularly invites to Rallys or organizes motor sport events where the members of the Club get a full race court reserved for their driving needs over a weekend. Prices are, in relation to the open market, pretty low. Because this is some kind of marketing, they aren't in need of making profits out of this.

There are tons of events along the year and if you own several Ferraris, you belong to the people with early access to new models or limited editions.
I know several companies with such programs to ensure their customers STAY their loyal customers :)

P.S.: The likings of people change over time, so, in order to have a succesful customer loyalty program, this program has to adapt to the wishes of such customers.
customer retention is the holy grail in business, because these customers will buy your stuff even without you going to extreme discounts to keep up with the competition. And it's not about the "net worth" the customers will get. It's about them feeling appreciated. Cared about.

For example, PGI could hand out a huge box of toilet paper to their loyal customers. Everyone needs toilet paper. Everyone has to buy toilet paper so there is a financial bargain inherent. But would you feel appreciated by PGI? A rough guess: nope.

On the other hand, if you would get a digital copy of an artbook made by Alex, maybe digitally signed and numbered as some kind of "limited edition", a lot of people here would be really happy. Despite not gaining any significant amount of monetary worth. Despite this program creating any kind of significant cost for PGI.

#479 Murgen McKenna

Rookie

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 6 posts

Posted 17 August 2016 - 12:05 PM

still the one year reward camo is the best ingame
Posted Image

#480 MovinTarget

• Field Marshal
  • Field Marshal
  • 3,831 posts
  • LocationGreen Acres

Posted 17 August 2016 - 12:17 PM

View PostKshat, on 17 August 2016 - 11:40 AM, said:

P.S.: The likings of people change over time, so, in order to have a succesful customer loyalty program, this program has to adapt to the wishes of such customers.
customer retention is the holy grail in business, because these customers will buy your stuff even without you going to extreme discounts to keep up with the competition. And it's not about the "net worth" the customers will get. It's about them feeling appreciated. Cared about.

Yes, however, the amount of vitriol spewed over this misstep is disproportionate to any errors of oversight. Mostly b/c many of the complaints stem from people that were credited for last years loyalty rewards by the purchases in question...

35 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 35 guests, 0 anonymous users