2016 Customer Appreciation Rewards Program!

819 replies to this topic

#501 Aleski

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 873 posts
  • LocationFrance

Posted 18 August 2016 - 01:21 PM

Silly question :

I have buy the Shadow Cat pack a very very long time ago. If i upgrade to the Gladiator Pack today, will it work to qualify for the Top-Tier Clan Reward ?

#502 CyanEyd

• PipPipPip
  • The Defender
  • The Defender
  • 83 posts
  • LocationAntelope, CA

Posted 18 August 2016 - 05:29 PM

Yeah the loyalty paint scheme is reminiscent of steel plated in yellow zinc...it's that rainbow effect.

#503 Ace Selin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,534 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 18 August 2016 - 09:00 PM

View PostAleski, on 18 August 2016 - 01:21 PM, said:

Silly question :

I have buy the Shadow Cat pack a very very long time ago. If i upgrade to the Gladiator Pack today, will it work to qualify for the Top-Tier Clan Reward ?

Yes (& the Hellbringer)

Edited by Ace Selin, 18 August 2016 - 09:03 PM.

#504 Aleski

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 873 posts
  • LocationFrance

Posted 19 August 2016 - 12:34 AM

View PostAce Selin, on 18 August 2016 - 09:00 PM, said:

Yes (& the Hellbringer)

Thanks for the answer, Ace Selin o7

In fact with the Kodiak Standard pack, i already qualify for the Hellbringer.

#505 Dee Eight

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 19 August 2016 - 12:39 AM

Yes because you purchased the upgrade in the period required to qualify. Of course this will also get you more faction content packs and more banked premium time along with the six more mechs.

#506 Dee Eight

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 19 August 2016 - 12:43 AM

View PostAleski, on 19 August 2016 - 12:34 AM, said:

Thanks for the answer, Ace Selin o7

In fact with the Kodiak Standard pack, i already qualify for the Hellbringer.

Well then you might consider alternative upgrading the kodiak to the collector, and getting a collector of one of the other five clan mechs so far this year. Same $60 as upgrading your wave III collection, a lot more banked premium time (90 extra instead of 53 extra), 5 more warhorns (instead of 2 more), still get two more c-bill bonus mechs, but end up with 1 less total mechs.

#507 Ace Selin

• 2,534 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 19 August 2016 - 01:10 AM

View PostDee Eight, on 19 August 2016 - 12:43 AM, said:

Well then you might consider alternative upgrading the kodiak to the collector, and getting a collector of one of the other five clan mechs so far this year. Same $60 as upgrading your wave III collection, a lot more banked premium time (90 extra instead of 53 extra), 5 more warhorns (instead of 2 more), still get two more c-bill bonus mechs, but end up with 1 less total mechs.

That was the other option i was going to suggest.

#508 Aleski

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 873 posts
  • LocationFrance

Posted 19 August 2016 - 01:32 AM

View PostDee Eight, on 19 August 2016 - 12:43 AM, said:

Yeah i was thinking about this option too... I have to spend some time on the store and see if the upcoming clan mechs sounds promising or not.

The only problem is that the Special variant of the Kodiak (the prime in fact) ins't my favorite Kodiak chassis. Hum Posted Image

#509 Ace Selin

• 2,534 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 19 August 2016 - 02:32 AM

View PostAleski, on 19 August 2016 - 01:32 AM, said:

The only problem is that the Special variant of the Kodiak (the prime in fact) ins't my favorite Kodiak chassis. Hum Posted Image

I hear ya, hence only standard and hero for me

#510 Dee Eight

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 19 August 2016 - 06:52 AM

You might want to test the KDK-1 on the PTS with the new energy draw mechanic... from all accounts so far...they've made high energy alpha builds THE thing again with it. The stock KDK-1's 8 C-ERMLs produce less heat under the new mechanic they're testing than the current ghost heat system. My KDK-5 with 11 lasers comes out nearly manageable heat under energy draw. Instead of having to split fire group, I could alpha and not go ka-boom.

#511 Barsov

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 119 posts
  • LocationDeep Periphery, Spinward Sector

Posted 20 August 2016 - 10:24 AM

All right! If I bought a la carte Timber Wolf when the first Clan Collection was relised and that was before the October 6th 2015? Why I can't get a Hellbringer Loyalty Variant?

Edited by Barsov, 20 August 2016 - 10:24 AM.

#512 RavenKnight86

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 205 posts

Posted 20 August 2016 - 10:54 AM

View PostBarsov, on 20 August 2016 - 10:24 AM, said:

All right! If I bought a la carte Timber Wolf when the first Clan Collection was relised and that was before the October 6th 2015? Why I can't get a Hellbringer Loyalty Variant?

Cause that was before this year's eligibility period.

#513 Dee Eight

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 20 August 2016 - 03:32 PM

For this year's loyalty it has to have been bought in the year preceeding this year's awards deadline, which is October 6th, 2016.

#514 S Phoenix

• PipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 40 posts

Posted 21 August 2016 - 11:55 PM

View PostBud Crue, on 12 August 2016 - 05:39 AM, said:

How are you rewarding any aspect of "loyalty" by rewarding someone who was merely gifted stuff versus rewarding the person spending the money on the gift? I don't understand that.

Because it's not at all about rewarding loyalty.

It's about enticing people to buy more. Example if you are gifted a standard pack... well setting the top-tier to be collector pack owners only, plays on YOUR mind (not the Gifter's mind) to pay $40+ more to get the "reward".

Same for MC... If you didn't buy any MC this year - no Black Jack for you. But you still CAN be "loyal" by buying some MC until October....

Remember it's "Play for FREE" .... But someone's got to pay for their bills

Edited by Samurai Phoenix, 21 August 2016 - 11:55 PM.

#515 Ixidor Dinne

• PipPip
  • Fire
  • Fire
  • 36 posts
  • LocationPlanet Arkab, Buckminster Prefacture

Posted 22 August 2016 - 02:12 PM

So what other 2 BlackJacks should I get to go with the loyalty one?

Sorry If this has already been asked.

Edited by Ixidor Dinne, 22 August 2016 - 02:13 PM.

#516 Aramuside

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 998 posts

Posted 23 August 2016 - 06:12 AM

View PostJaidenHaze, on 18 August 2016 - 06:04 AM, said:

Thats because you compare to different things here. Right now, its not "good" to have just 2 "tiers" and as many addons. I know it may be misleading but the packs and add-ons are two seperate things. I think a clearer separation would be better, so its not just 2 columns full of options.

But that doesnt change the fact that we have two tiers and to qualify for Top Tier, you have to get 2x the small pack (CE of single Mech packs) or one big pack (Origins, Resistance and so on).

And what you name "top tier" with CE+Hero+Reinforcement(s) could be named Ultimate Tier for the next year. Such as buy X number of Ultimate Tier backs and get ALL THIS for free.

But then again, its a different package. Top Tier only says, you have to get the highest pack. CE is the highest pack. Ultimates are just bundles that combine the CE PACK and all ADD-ONs. Basically, is saves you time.

Well in fairness it also helps to not trigger financial institutions security as you have one transaction not 4+ in rapid succession. I appreciate that my bank is protecting me but it can get irritating. ;)

#517 Tier5 Kerensky

• Bridesmaid
  • 2,049 posts

Posted 23 August 2016 - 10:50 AM

View PostSamurai Phoenix, on 21 August 2016 - 11:55 PM, said:

Because it's not at all about rewarding loyalty.

It's about enticing people to buy more. Example if you are gifted a standard pack... well setting the top-tier to be collector pack owners only, plays on YOUR mind (not the Gifter's mind) to pay $40+ more to get the "reward".

Same for MC... If you didn't buy any MC this year - no Black Jack for you. But you still CAN be "loyal" by buying some MC until October....

Remember it's "Play for FREE" .... But someone's got to pay for their bills

Yes.

Most companies which arrange events like this aim to sell more. It's just a form of advertisement. That is why the deals are annoused before the deadline.

I think it would have been nice to have a selection. For example I'm tempted a bit to buy MCs but I'd prefer so much more clan mech. With all my other mechs as clan mechs I doubt I would play a lot with sole IS mech, at least at this stage. So having an option between IS and clan would be much more tempting.

Edited by Teer5, 23 August 2016 - 10:54 AM.

#518 Veldrin Coulbauth

• Pip
  • The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 15 posts

Posted 23 August 2016 - 11:43 AM

ok I won the wrath pack and both the Marauder, Warhammer, and archer pack so why do i not qualify for the top tier IS reward

#519 Dee Eight

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 23 August 2016 - 12:09 PM

When...did you buy them? It has to be the collector pack of marauder, archer or warhammer, and the purchase has to have been made between Oct 6,2015 and Oct 6, 2016. This has been repeated over and over and is in the announcement post info...why is this so complicated to understand ?

Edited by Dee Eight, 23 August 2016 - 12:09 PM.

#520 Jon McFuzzy

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 144 posts

Posted 23 August 2016 - 04:50 PM

View PostIxidor Dinne, on 22 August 2016 - 02:12 PM, said:

So what other 2 BlackJacks should I get to go with the loyalty one?

Sorry If this has already been asked.

My suggestion: BJ-1X and BJ-3

Why?

http://metamechs.com...ides/blackjack/

15 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 15 guests, 0 anonymous users