2016 Customer Appreciation Rewards Program!

819 replies to this topic

#581 RAM

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Resolute
  • The Resolute
  • 2,019 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 20 September 2016 - 05:51 AM

View PostTsar Bomba, on 13 September 2016 - 06:20 PM, said:

Steam takes part of the money. There are plenty of games that are on steam that give bonuses if you buy directly from them.

That would be relevant if the Performance Packs were available through PGI Posted Image

RAM
ELH

#582 MovinTarget

• Field Marshal
  • Field Marshal
  • 3,831 posts
  • LocationGreen Acres

Posted 20 September 2016 - 06:36 AM

View Postblackcatf, on 13 September 2016 - 06:24 PM, said:

Thanks. Any way I can tell when the seasons started/stopped? In MWO it gives one number for "Season 2" ending October 1st, but on the website it shows stats for 3 seasons. My kid's account is either very close or very far away...not sure which yet...

You could just play a bunch of games and make some cbills... It should update every morning at 10am PST so check some time after that and you'll see it completed once you've played enough games.

#583 Dee Eight

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 20 September 2016 - 09:43 AM

View PostRAM, on 20 September 2016 - 05:51 AM, said:

That would be relevant if the Performance Packs were available through PGI Posted Image

RAM
ELH

They were briefly available thru the gift store last november just before the STEAM launch happened, but they took them down after a few days when the STEAM folks insisted on regional pricing for them.

#584 blackcatf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 550 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationAuldhouse, Skye Federation, Lyran Commonwealth

Posted 20 September 2016 - 10:22 AM

View PostMovinTarget, on 20 September 2016 - 06:36 AM, said:

You could just play a bunch of games and make some cbills... It should update every morning at 10am PST so check some time after that and you'll see it completed once you've played enough games.

Turns out you can also just send support an email and ask, "How many more games do I have to play to meet the requirements for this reward?" and they'll email you back the next day.

Turns out the seasons thing wouldn't have been very helpful for my kid's account...I was looking at my account info when I said they might be close, not theirs. Was closer than I thought, though.

#585 refrigeraptor

• Pip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 17 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 20 September 2016 - 11:15 AM

I noticed something strange, wave 1 is cited as being one of the packs that make you eligible for the hellbringer, but when i got to the link provided to see wich prizes you have unlocked the Hellbringer is not one of those.

I have the entire wave 1 pack to.

#586 Dee Eight

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 20 September 2016 - 11:19 AM

Again.... PURCHASE DATES is what matters, not merely pack ownership.

#587 The Boneshaman

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 481 posts

Posted 20 September 2016 - 06:44 PM

I think if you buy a 15$ reinforcement and a 15$ hero mech that should count towards the over priced $20 collectors upgrade.
I would pay 5$ maybe 10$ for the collectors upgrade. pls fix it so this is how you can get top rewards.
Looking back at what it requires is stupid to. Need to buy a total of 4 collectors. now that's BS I support this game and all but the collators upgrade is total ****. if you got 4 total UNIQE mechs not 3 mechs 1 a repeat than I may find the collectors more worth it.
so looks like I won't be getting the Ultimate Rewards, STK-3FB or the SMN F,M. to bad Posted Image.

#588 Dee Eight

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 20 September 2016 - 07:06 PM

Except they are uniques...they may be duplicate quirks/hardpoints/stock builds... but they're unique in having C-bill bonuses and camo/colors unavailable ever except thru buying the collector's packs. (S) models never go up for MC or C-bills.

#589 RAM

• The Resolute
  • The Resolute
  • 2,019 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 20 September 2016 - 11:59 PM

View PostDee Eight, on 20 September 2016 - 09:43 AM, said:

They were briefly available thru the gift store last november just before the STEAM launch happened, but they took them down after a few days when the STEAM folks insisted on regional pricing for them.

View PostDee Eight, on 20 September 2016 - 07:06 PM, said:

Except they are uniques...they may be duplicate quirks/hardpoints/stock builds... but they're unique in having C-bill bonuses and camo/colors unavailable ever except thru buying the collector's packs. (S) models never go up for MC or C-bills.

You consistently demonstrate you do not know what you are talking about Posted Image

#590 refrigeraptor

• Pip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 17 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 21 September 2016 - 02:55 AM

View PostDee Eight, on 20 September 2016 - 11:19 AM, said:

Again.... PURCHASE DATES is what matters, not merely pack ownership.

I has the sads now

#591 latinisator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 564 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 21 September 2016 - 05:00 AM

View PostRAM, on 20 September 2016 - 11:59 PM, said:

You consistently demonstrate you do not know what you are talking about Posted Image

Dear sir or lady,

please enlighten us with your unlimited knowledge. Which of those words uttered by Dee Eight are incorrect? Since you seem to be omniscient, you might also want to add a source for each incorrectness.

Fact: the Steam packs HAVE BEEN available through mwomercs.com for a very limited period of time. Then they were taken down real quick cause of Steams regional pricing thingy. Owners / preorderes of those packs via mwomercs.com should have been compensated for paying "too much", meaning the deletion of the preorder and redirection to Steam or such.

Fact: there is a Steam convention suggesting to put those packs into the Steam store. Which PGI followed to do.

http://mwomercs.com/...s-in-gift-store

As for the Special (S) Mechs: the normal version are made public, the (S) variants including the C-Bill bonus not. It is a fact as of now and can change over time, but it is written here:

http://mwomercs.com/...-1484-20sep2016

"• NTG-Prime [S]
The NTG-Prime [S] is a Special version of the NTG-Prime, featuring a unique Pattern and a 30% boost to C-Bill earnings. The NTG-Prime [S] is only available through the Collector Night Gyr Pack, and will not be made available for purchase in-game."

Your turn. Thank you.

Edited by latinisator, 21 September 2016 - 05:05 AM.

#592 Ironically Ironclad Irony

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Boombox
  • 192 posts

Posted 21 September 2016 - 05:06 AM

View PostRAM, on 20 September 2016 - 11:59 PM, said:

Don't always care fore his tone, but Dee usually gets his facts straight.

#593 YUyahoo

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 339 posts

Posted 21 September 2016 - 02:12 PM

Yes the (S) versions, like the (I), (G), ®, (L), (O), (P) and whatever other versions out there there are, are indeed "unique" mechs but they have the same hard points as the non-(S) versions. The collectors packs cost $20 for these "unique" mechs with repeated hard points but add a title, cockpit items and an additional month premium time compared to $15 for a hero mech which also has a unique skin and a 30% cbill bonus but has different hard points than both the (S) and all the other mechs of that chassis...the trade off is the $15 Hero doesn't add any title, cockpit items or premium time to the package. Then there is the reinforcements which for $15 gives you two additional mechs each with hard points different from the (S) mech, Hero mech and mechs in the standard pack. So the question really is...is $20 for a cbill bonus mech that doesn't have different hard points from its non-(S) version but comes with a title, extra cockpit items and 30 days of premium time a better deal than $15 for a cbill bonus mech that does have unique hard points but no extras (also needing to be skilled up separately from the 3 mechs in the basic pack...another advantage of the (S) mechs is that they level up simultaneously with the non-(S) version) and/or $15 for 2 additional non-cbill bonus mechs that each have their own different hard point configurations. This comes down to a matter of choice/personal opinion...the part that is difficult to swallow, for me at least, is that in this years loyalty program PGI has chosen to NOT recognize the $15 hero packs or $15 reinforcement packs people have purchased in any way, specially towards what they define as "top tier" purchases. Last year they made adjustments to their "Appreciation Rewards Program" to INCLUDE the collectors pack purchases as a way to qualify AFTER the program was launched and based on OUR feedback because it wasn't available in the first year and many people were happy that they made this adjustment...but this year no adjustments, no considerations even after 30 pages of forum posts until "maybe" next year. I know PGI doesn't have to do anything for us extra like they do each year and no I don't expect anything whenever I buy one of PGI's products (well other than the product itself)...but it does leave a bad taste in my mouth to see that PGI is only "appreciating" customers who made the "right" purchases. It is just my opinion, and yeah I'm just a nobody who plays this game, but honestly an "appreciation" program should reward customers for the purchases they already made, not for only having purchased the "right" things. While I do think its quite nice of PGI to give us forewarning and time to make the "right" purchases to "qualify" for their appreciation of their customers I for one, after spending hundreds annually on this game year after year (in support of the game), will not be making any additional purchases just to qualify for the rewards.
And a special note for Mr Dee Eight, man before you jump all over this post like you do with so many others who post...I do respect your opinions even if I sometimes do not share them but if you do respond to this post it doesn't matter what you say you will not convince me to change my opinion of PGI's Customer Appreciation Program this year.

#594 Kaptain

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,284 posts
  • LocationNorth America

Posted 21 September 2016 - 02:51 PM

I am sure this has been discussed already but I just wanted to voice my opinion here. It does not make sense to me that upgrading a basic package to collectors and then adding reinforcements + the hero does not qualify for top tier. You are literally buying everything available in the package. That should be a top tier purchase as there is nothing above it.

The focus this year has been on individual mech packs not variety packs. If someone purchases everything available for said mech that should qualify IMO.

Edited by Kaptain, 21 September 2016 - 02:51 PM.

#595 MovinTarget

• Field Marshal
  • Field Marshal
  • 3,831 posts
  • LocationGreen Acres

Posted 21 September 2016 - 02:56 PM

Just throwing this out there...

Maybe they wanted to reward the players that bought the package gives them (pgi) the best profit as opposed to those of us that bought the packages that gave the best deal for us.

I am not saying that is right or wrong as it is entirely pgi's decision to give away stuff they are not legally, financially, or otherwise obligated to provide.

My advice is to just buy the base packages in the future and wait till next August to cherry pick the most desirable extras that ensures bonus swag. If anything, that might encourage pgi to consider their rewarding paractices...

...which again is up to them...

View PostKaptain, on 21 September 2016 - 02:51 PM, said:

I am sure this has been discussed already but I just wanted to voice my opinion here. It does not make sense to me that upgrading a basic package to collectors and then adding reinforcements + the hero does not qualify for top tier. You are literally buying everything available in the package. That should be a top tier purchase as there is nothing above it.

The focus this year has been on individual mech packs not variety packs. If someone purchases everything available for said mech that should qualify IMO.

It does, as long as you purchased the collectors pack after octerber 15(?) Of last year.

#596 Kaptain

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,284 posts
  • LocationNorth America

Posted 21 September 2016 - 04:02 PM

View PostMovinTarget, on 21 September 2016 - 02:56 PM, said:

It does, as long as you purchased the collectors pack after octerber 15(?) Of last year.

I thought you have to purchase TWO of them? I will go read it again but I'm pretty sure...

EDIT: Yup. "Eligible combinations: At least two Collector Packs from any combination of the following: UrbanMech;Marauder; Warhammer; Rifleman; Archer; Phoenix Hawk; Cyclops; Bushwacker"

How buying 2 collectors packs vs everything in a package is "Top Tier" is beyond me. I get it that 2 collectors packs is more money... Perhaps I am irritated with the words "Top Tier" and "Reward" more than anything else.

Edited by Kaptain, 21 September 2016 - 04:05 PM.

#597 Dee Eight

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 21 September 2016 - 04:19 PM

A two collection combination is top-tier because its the new pricing model for mech packages. Variety model packs are out, and single model packs are in. PGI never alters pricing of existing things other than sales promotion events. They (and many other companies) instead change the pricing of new products. That way people who bought the old product don't complain if the regular price falls for people who bought them years later. And while mastery bundles have gone on sale before, they've never done a sale on mech packs otherwise here on the web store. The Wave 1/2, resistance, origins and other collections are still the same pricing as they were last year.

#598 MovinTarget

• Field Marshal
  • Field Marshal
  • 3,831 posts
  • LocationGreen Acres

Posted 21 September 2016 - 04:29 PM

View PostKaptain, on 21 September 2016 - 04:02 PM, said:

I thought you have to purchase TWO of them? I will go read it again but I'm pretty sure...

EDIT: Yup. "Eligible combinations: At least two Collector Packs from any combination of the following: UrbanMech;Marauder; Warhammer; Rifleman; Archer; Phoenix Hawk; Cyclops; Bushwacker"

How buying 2 collectors packs vs everything in a package is "Top Tier" is beyond me. I get it that 2 collectors packs is more money... Perhaps I am irritated with the words "Top Tier" and "Reward" more than anything else.

I thought you were stating one had to buy *all* the bits to qualify, i was pointing out that was not the case.

So i guess 2 collectors packs is roughly the same cost as a "top tier" package...

#599 Hemholtz

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Phoenix
  • The Phoenix
  • 113 posts

Posted 21 September 2016 - 06:48 PM

Talking off in a tangent...

You know what I wish for the "Ultimate reward"?

A special one of a kind decal which you can put on your mech.
I mean the warhorn and standing cockpit item is cool...

But a special decal which you can put on the outside of your mech...to let everyone know that you had spent way too much money on MWO...

Probably the decal should just say "Bling bling!"

#600 Aramuside

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 998 posts

Posted 22 September 2016 - 03:26 AM

View PostDee Eight, on 13 September 2016 - 06:18 PM, said:

Just look at your own ranks on the leaderboard for quick play... it keeps a record of # of matches played in each season it has been tracking them. I myself qualify for that particular award every 4 days. Since the current season started on Sept 1st, I'm at 156 wins and 149 losses in quick play..In august I had 401 W / 416 L, and in july it was 529 W / 597 L. I'm now past 6600 total matches since January 4th so I'm definitely getting that cupcake.

Curious - How do you find the time?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users